*Author

Aitvaras

Skipping some elders! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24240.msg309573#msg309573
« on: April 10, 2011, 10:14:48 pm »
Ok, so after 2 fairy failed games vs. one of the Darkness elders I decided to calculate if it would be profitable if I would SKIP him! Before you call me an idiot.. read and think thoughtfully ;)

results for darkness:
seconds - gold
94 - 18
65 - 40EM (lucky)
122 - -10 (loose after 2 minutes >:D)

thats 48 in 281 seconds.

Results for most others:
seconds - gold
~57 - ~19

Skipping Darkness 3 times (5 seconds for a skip for me max.) leaves me with 266 seconds spared time and -30 Electrum.

266 seconds allows me to play 4,67 games. playing and winning them averages to a Electrum gain of ~88. Minus that -30 from skipping darkness this still would be more profitable than playing against Darkness, especialy since in this quick and dirty calculation I got 1 very lucky EM vs him. Also more spins = more profits. Aether is also a candidate for skipping for me.

Anyone else had this idea? I couldn't find anything about something like this. Ofcourse which Elders to skip depends fully on your deck. Some decks can beat all the Elders without wasting to much time..

I used a version of Grabbix, which I'm probably going to change a little.. since I think momentum would only be much use against Aether Death and Darkness.

Tell me your thoughts on this. I'm just putting the idea out there hoping others might look into it and analyse.

Re: Skipping some elders! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24240.msg309585#msg309585
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2011, 10:26:54 pm »
I actually think skipping elders will be great for after T500 is implemented
right now, skipping them is not advised, as most decks can defeat all of them more than 80% of the time

why do I think skipping after T500 might be a good idea?
because of rares, with T50 gone, AI3 is probably the best place to obtain rares, at first, just play all of them, once you got 12 of one rare, you can skip elders with only that rare, which will accelerate the rare farm

Aitvaras

Re: Skipping some elders! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24240.msg309601#msg309601
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2011, 10:50:57 pm »
I wouldn't say I advise on it ;)

If t500 is implemented that would be a good way to go about it.

I still feel some decks, if you just look at electrum and sellable spins, might benefit from skipping. I wont advise on it (yet) since further testing is neccesary. the "atleast 80% win for each deck vs any elder" is mostly true, but not neccesarily a reason to play them all. Score means nothing to me, thus any thing simple I can do to increase electrum/minute is wurth testing to me.

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Skipping some elders! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=24240.msg309618#msg309618
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2011, 11:33:32 pm »
If you gain more electrum by skipping a couple certain elders, then it would be a good idea to do so.
However, rares will still be able to be obtained by T500 (there is a prize for winning a series of matches, maybe it's a rare?).
Somehow still around, somewhat

blarg: