*Author

Offline TantoneyTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Tantoney is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Empathy decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55095.msg1147164#msg1147164
« on: July 22, 2014, 10:50:13 pm »
Is there actually any way on dealing with these decks? They're invincible and I always lose against them every single time.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Empathy decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55095.msg1147166#msg1147166
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2014, 11:00:44 pm »
Here are some things you can try:

1. Outstall the opponent (make them lose by deckout)
2. Make heavy use of PC (Permanent Control), such as explosion and steal
3. Make heavy use of CC (preferably something repeatable like Otyugh)
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Empathy decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55095.msg1147191#msg1147191
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2014, 04:38:32 am »
4. Gotta go fast. Empathy decks take quite a bit to start running. So if you can get a deck with ~9 TTW (Which is very possible with unupped), you should be able to win.

Offline haidao0923

• Reputation Power: 2
  • haidao0923 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Elements Master
Re: Empathy decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55095.msg1147221#msg1147221
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2014, 03:49:27 pm »
4. Gotta go fast. Empathy decks take quite a bit to start running. So if you can get a deck with ~9 TTW (Which is very possible with unupped), you should be able to win.
TTW>???
Is there actually any way on dealing with these decks? They're invincible and I always lose against them every single time.
I run an emphathy deck myself and they are not invincible,that doesn't mean it weak either.
█████████████████████$!@ME@!$██████████████████████
What is an Elements Master? Having all the Nymph? Having all the Shard? Having every rare card combine? NO!!! To become an Elements Master you need to wield in your hand the power of these ▬▬>:entropy :death :fire :water :light :air :time :aether

Offline theelkspeaks

• Reputation Power: 35
  • theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.theelkspeaks is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Brave Freedom is the Golden Ticket
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 3rd Place9th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSilver DonorBattle League 1/2014 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeC-C-C Combomaker 3# Winner
Re: Empathy decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55095.msg1147223#msg1147223
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2014, 04:03:15 pm »
Mass CC, such as rain of fire, often devastates empathy decks, as well as the ideas posted above.

TTW = turns to win

Tantoney, if you can post the deck code you're using (in [deck] forum tags), I'd be happy to see the best way to work empathy-beating cards into the deck you're already running!
Brawl 3 - Team Whispers in the  :darkness, War 8 - :air, 9th Master - :earth, War 9 - :earth, War 10 - :fire
Mafia Record: Town 3-4, Mafia 2-1
Brawl 4 - Red Stars (:fire)
My EtG Videos!

Offline haidao0923

• haidao0923 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Elements Master
Re: Empathy decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55095.msg1147227#msg1147227
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2014, 04:42:59 pm »
Mass CC, such as rain of fire, often devastates empathy decks, as well as the ideas posted above.

TTW = turns to win

Tantoney, if you can post the deck code you're using (in [deck] forum tags), I'd be happy to see the best way to work empathy-beating cards into the deck you're already running!
so did my opponent make a move yet? I already make mine bid in TicTacToe
█████████████████████$!@ME@!$██████████████████████
What is an Elements Master? Having all the Nymph? Having all the Shard? Having every rare card combine? NO!!! To become an Elements Master you need to wield in your hand the power of these ▬▬>:entropy :death :fire :water :light :air :time :aether

Offline TantoneyTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Tantoney is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Empathy decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55095.msg1147372#msg1147372
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2014, 03:59:03 pm »
Haidao0923, Before I started this post, I lost every single time to Empathy decks. Right now, I've only won three times so far using Drake's suggestion of playing fast.

Theelkspeaks, Thanks for the offer, but I don't think I'm willing to give up my mono Aether deck just to counter Empathy decks.

Offline Espithel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Espithel hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeGive us the video.Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeZanz Christmas Present Competition - Winner
Re: Empathy decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55095.msg1147382#msg1147382
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 04:30:22 pm »
Pulverizer is probably the single strongest card against empathy decks.
Outrushing them is an option, destroying everything they play is an option.
Outstalling them too. There's an entire genre of decks called OTKs (One turn kills) that annihilate empathy.

A basic OTK is 6 dim shields, some electrum hourglass, 5 dragons and a skyblitz with chimera as backup.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Empathy decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55095.msg1147390#msg1147390
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2014, 05:39:51 pm »
Monoaether tends to wreck Bond decks since Lobotomizer takes care of Firefly Queens and Mitosis, the two most common ways to make Bond decks. If they're Fractal Bond decks you'll have problems unless you're also running Fractal+Psion or Phase Spider (Psion is better, of course). In other words, high offence almost always overtakes a stall deck. These decks are also referred to as Stallbreakers. If you don't have Lobo, you can still win through this method by adjusting your deck. Beware, however, for without Lobo you cannot lobotomize your own Psions if the opponent plays Emerald Shield.

Bond in particular is the slowest continuous healing there is because it requires two criteria to activate: creatures on board AND playing the card itself. As such, as has been mentioned, they are often easily rushed. Most Bond decks are only really running Bond because the player doesn't have Shards of Gratitude or enough Miracles to make a Miracle/Sanctuary+CC duo stall. A good Bond deck would be packing tons and tons of early-game answers (many FFQ decks are loaded with CC) and less vulnerable ways to get healing (Fractal+sturdy creature). Most of them are Rainbows since being able to Enchant the Bonds helps a lot, and you can pack responses to more things (such as PC for the likes of Pulvy or Arsenic).
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline Monox D. I-Fly

• Monox D. I-Fly is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Always use Water element in any CCGs
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Empathy decks https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55095.msg1246551#msg1246551
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2016, 04:36:41 am »
Can kill 18 of your opponent's creatures in only 2 turns. :sillyspin:
My idealized elements cycle:
Water -> Fire -> Air -> Earth -> Lightning -> Metal -> Light -> Darkness -> Wood -> Water

anything
blarg: