*Author

Astrocyte

Does anyone actually play AI1 or 2 after the tutorial? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27461.msg349388#msg349388
« on: June 11, 2011, 03:03:29 am »
Just curious.

Offline Jocko

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeHoliday Fun Redux! Winner
Re: Does anyone actually play AI1 or 2 after the tutorial? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27461.msg349390#msg349390
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2011, 03:06:02 am »
I played ai1 a couple times, i don't remember why though.

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: Does anyone actually play AI1 or 2 after the tutorial? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27461.msg349392#msg349392
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2011, 03:12:34 am »
Players without a coherent deck (symptoms include: an unnecessarily large deck, no clear goal or synergy in card choices, severe quanta balance issues, relies on an unreliable and complicated combo, etc.) often find themselves playing AI1 and AI2 because their decks can't stand up against the more structured AI3 decks.

This phenomenon seems to be more common in Kongregate than the main site, as there are usually a few people every now and then who complain (on Kong forums, Kong chat, Kong comment box, etc.) about how AI3 is "too hard."

Others like to test their weird deck ideas out on the lower AI levels.

For the last two updates (1.26 and 1.27), when Zanz rolled out a new update, the new cards aren't in the Bazaar until a few days have passed. Farming AI1 and AI5 (possibly also AI2) allowed players to obtain the new cards before their addition to the Bazaar, as AI1 and AI5 decks are randomly generated from the card pool.
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline YoungSot

• Reputation Power: 18
  • YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • SootySot!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Does anyone actually play AI1 or 2 after the tutorial? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27461.msg349434#msg349434
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2011, 06:01:21 am »
^ yeah this.
Testing decks in the trainer takes the fun out of it for me, so unless I need to vs a specific opponent, I'd rather test against the AI on my real account. Usually that means AI3 or T50, but if it's a really strange concept that I know will need a large amount of tweaking, I'll play the AI2 as a start.

As for the AI1, before I figured out how to grind efficiently, I would often spend too much electrum buying shiny new cards, and thus end up without enough to play my preferred AI match, so I would play an AI1 game to get enough electrum to play a higher level AI.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Does anyone actually play AI1 or 2 after the tutorial? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27461.msg349611#msg349611
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2011, 06:05:03 pm »
Precisely what I do.

Farming AI1 and AI5 (possibly also AI2) allowed players to obtain the new cards before their addition to the Bazaar, as AI1 and AI5 decks are randomly generated from the card pool.
AI1 makes sense, but AI5 is generated randomly? I thought it was just picking one of the decks at random like AI3 and T50.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Acsabi44

• Reputation Power: 28
  • Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Acsabi44 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Coming to get ya.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBronze DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner14 Club - Most Expensive players during War AuctionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Does anyone actually play AI1 or 2 after the tutorial? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27461.msg349619#msg349619
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2011, 06:18:33 pm »
Quote from: pikachufan2164 on Today at 03:12:34 AM

same here
[17:04:00] Dragon6: ‹@Acsabi44› You are Rage Potion, Phase Dragon and Momentum all in one
Interested in game strategy,  theory and other kinds of advice? Clicky clicky!

Offline calcan

• Reputation Power: 1
  • calcan is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • If you can't beat them, PU them
Re: Does anyone actually play AI1 or 2 after the tutorial? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27461.msg349973#msg349973
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2011, 01:42:18 pm »
I sometimes play AI2 if I'm on a streak of bad luck. It never helps my luck.
If I had a hammer, I'd hammer in the morning, I'd hammer in the evening, unless I had a gavel.

Ashebrethafe

Re: Does anyone actually play AI1 or 2 after the tutorial? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27461.msg350175#msg350175
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2011, 09:53:16 pm »
I beat at least seven AI2s before I start fighting AI3s -- more if I lose any AI2 fights. I'm not trying to complete the quests as fast as possible, though; I'm trying to complete the quests in the same manner with each element, in order to figure out which element is best for me, and which cards are best in each element. If a deck loses often enough, I'll go back to AI1 or even AI0! In fact, I'm playing AI1 now.

The worst decks I've had so far had two extra AI0 fights, immediately followed by at least ten AI1 fights. Since this is usually caused by the deck being too big, I take out a lot of cards when it happens, and then put a few back in after each fight. I also limit myself to one less copy of each card -- if you see "restricts" in my signature, that's what it refers to.

AI1 makes sense, but AI5 is generated randomly? I thought it was just picking one of the decks at random like AI3 and T50.
According to Dark Weaver (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,23323.0.html), AI5 chooses a primary and secondary element (which determine its name), and takes 4 quantum pillars, 30 random cards and 20 pillars of the primary element, 10 random cards and 3 marks of the secondary element. (For example, Tersa has 20 stone pillars, 30 random earth cards, 10 random gravity cards, and 3 marks of gravity.) Each of the 64 cards has a 30% chance of being upped (so there's about a 1-in-8.198-billion chance of the deck containing no upped cards).

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Does anyone actually play AI1 or 2 after the tutorial? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27461.msg350181#msg350181
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2011, 10:02:59 pm »
I beat at least seven AI2s before I start fighting AI3s -- more if I lose any AI2 fights. I'm not trying to complete the quests as fast as possible, though; I'm trying to complete the quests in the same manner with each element, in order to figure out which element is best for me, and which cards are best in each element. If a deck loses often enough, I'll go back to AI1 or even AI0! In fact, I'm playing AI1 now.

The worst decks I've had so far had two extra AI0 fights, immediately followed by at least ten AI1 fights. Since this is usually caused by the deck being too big, I take out a lot of cards when it happens, and then put a few back in after each fight. I also limit myself to one less copy of each card -- if you see "restricts" in my signature, that's what it refers to.

According to Dark Weaver (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,23323.0.html), AI5 chooses a primary and secondary element (which determine its name), and takes 4 quantum pillars, 30 random cards and 20 pillars of the primary element, 10 random cards and 3 marks of the secondary element. (For example, Tersa has 20 stone pillars, 30 random earth cards, 10 random gravity cards, and 3 marks of gravity.) Each of the 64 cards has a 30% chance of being upped (so there's about a 1-in-8.198-billion chance of the deck containing no upped cards).
Interesting. Thanks for the information.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Pineapple

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • Pineapple hides under a Cloak.
  • Master of Cake
  • Awards: Silver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Does anyone actually play AI1 or 2 after the tutorial? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27461.msg350314#msg350314
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2011, 02:02:50 am »
I play ai1 to test my "how long it takes until I can take down a sandbag that can't fight back" ttw.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Does anyone actually play AI1 or 2 after the tutorial? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27461.msg350382#msg350382
« Reply #10 on: June 13, 2011, 05:37:29 am »
Occasionally, for the lulz, or when I've had horrendous luck with t50/FG and need to get on a win streak to save my ego.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Calindu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 50
  • Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Calindu brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Abomination is quite pretty
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFourth Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team Darkness8th Trials - Master of EntropyChampionship League 2/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerColosseum II Champion7th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 Winner6th Trials - Master of EntropyWinner of There Can Be Only One!Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Does anyone actually play AI1 or 2 after the tutorial? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=27461.msg358342#msg358342
« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2011, 05:30:31 pm »
I play them 2 times to finish quests,lulz.
You know, a long time ago being crazy meant something. Nowadays everybody's crazy.
War

blarg: