*Author

Offline Boingo

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg59475#msg59475
« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2010, 05:05:25 pm »
Thanks for the great deck idea--this has been the first FG killer I really like.  Got my cards updated now (unlike previous post I did) and it works a little better.  I know you like the deck to be as small as possible, but I ran into deck out too many times or wish I had gotten the Firestorm earlier so I made a few additions which have done nicely:

+1 Quantum Tower
+1 Firestorm
+1 Improved Steal
-1 Guardian Angel
+1 Pest
Code: [Select]
4vo 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rn 6rn 6rn 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 71b 74b 74b 77i 7do 7do 7gp 7k2 7n3 7q5 7q5 7q8 7t6 7t9 80h 80h 80h

Nothing dramatic in the additions and just 3 more cards, but I feel it certainly gave me a few more wins that I wouldn't have had otherwise.

Great deck, Yaladilae!
Bring back Holy Cow!

Offline yaladilaeTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 12
  • yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • † RIP Butterfly Angel †
  • Awards: Undefeated 100-0 Competition Winner
Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg59492#msg59492
« Reply #157 on: April 26, 2010, 05:45:00 pm »
Thanks

Glad I got alot of postive feedback and see many people using this deck hehe
36 is 1 card too much I think, but your varation is very good, so i am sure it does great for you

I kind of stopped testing this deck for the time being so my stats has not been added, since I just made a few more FG decks which are fun to play with

But at the end of the day, out of everything I made, this deck is still the best overall, in terms of effectivness, easy to obtain and fun!

(Ok maybe not the most fun after almost 1000 games of it, even tho I only recorded like 300 game...)

danieldubois

Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg60438#msg60438
« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2010, 07:30:42 pm »
Seems like you lose so much flexibility/power by not having a Fallen Druid, I don't understand why you wouldn't include it?  I can even see an argument for just having an un-upgraded Fallen Elf even without the Boneyard; I get so much mileage from him, just shrinking down dragons to levels that can be Oty'd, and making fireflies a little more useful/threatening.  And it's such a huge chore to beat through certain shields/Feral Bonds with just Otys and the sole Queen, who can easily be in the bottom couple cards.  With only 8 land your expected time quanta per turn is only 2; thus being forced to kill at a glacial pace can lead to getting time-screwed and subsequently decked, especially if you were forced to hourglass aggressively early for answers.

The Boneyard skeletons do multiple things for you also: a) Win condition with mutation is obvious, but not the only thing.  b) They act as food for your Oty so he can grow big enough to take down >5 toughness creatures (i.e. Puffer Fish feeds into skeleton, feeds into 2/7 to kill an Abyssal Crawler).  c) They can be butterfly targets (Who wants a stupid Pest in their deck anyway?  I'd rather have a 3rd Oty, to increase the chance of seeing on in the first 5 turns).  d) They suck out the opponent's point removal spells.  e) When the AI/your Oty/mutation kills them, their death feeds your Bone Wall.

It's been said that bigger decks reduce consistency, and there's obviously some truth to that, but the bigger deck has an advantage I haven't seen mentioned: When you get to the endgame, you'll have more land in play.  When your deck is constructed larger, you have to keep the mana ratio stable, so you'll be going to 9 or 10 towers.  This means when you're at the end of the game, you'll be generating on average 2.5 time (and gravity!) quanta per turn instead of 2, and your chances of getting screwed on activating devourers or Eternity is much lessened.

• yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg60461#msg60461
« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2010, 08:19:59 pm »
Seems like you lose so much flexibility/power by not having a Fallen Druid, I don't understand why you wouldn't include it?  I can even see an argument for just having an un-upgraded Fallen Elf even without the Boneyard; I get so much mileage from him, just shrinking down dragons to levels that can be Oty'd, and making fireflies a little more useful/threatening.  And it's such a huge chore to beat through certain shields/Feral Bonds with just Otys and the sole Queen, who can easily be in the bottom couple cards.  With only 8 land your expected time quanta per turn is only 2; thus being forced to kill at a glacial pace can lead to getting time-screwed and subsequently decked, especially if you were forced to hourglass aggressively early for answers.

The Boneyard skeletons do multiple things for you also: a) Win condition with mutation is obvious, but not the only thing.  b) They act as food for your Oty so he can grow big enough to take down >5 toughness creatures (i.e. Puffer Fish feeds into skeleton, feeds into 2/7 to kill an Abyssal Crawler).  c) They can be butterfly targets (Who wants a stupid Pest in their deck anyway?  I'd rather have a 3rd Oty, to increase the chance of seeing on in the first 5 turns).  d) They suck out the opponent's point removal spells.  e) When the AI/your Oty/mutation kills them, their death feeds your Bone Wall.

It's been said that bigger decks reduce consistency, and there's obviously some truth to that, but the bigger deck has an advantage I haven't seen mentioned: When you get to the endgame, you'll have more land in play.  When your deck is constructed larger, you have to keep the mana ratio stable, so you'll be going to 9 or 10 towers.  This means when you're at the end of the game, you'll be generating on average 2.5 time (and gravity!) quanta per turn instead of 2, and your chances of getting screwed on activating devourers or Eternity is much lessened.
Before you say more, I want to stop you right there. I made this in light of 1.21 release to compensate the awesomness of butterfly effect vs druid, while seeing how much better it is compare to upped druid.(Pre-1.21 release, I was running a longtime, puppy's FG, so I know how it compares very well)

I am taking a wild guess you havent read most of the reason I gave and explainations to others regarding to all your point. Different rainbow have differen usage, and I totally understand the advantage of a druid and bone yard compare to this.

I would appreciate you try this, if you havent, over a different deck. For if you are super crazy like me and played FG over 2000 games almost now. You would know druid sometimes does give really bad consistency, while butterfly effect is 100%.

By the way, over the huge number of games played, I find less then 2% of my game running out of quanta. I do have bigger and tested bigger decks too against FG, hence I made 6decks altogether now, but still will advise you this is the best

One last point, I believe you're playstyle mroe suits SG/puppy's rainbow. Thats good for you!

P.S Personally I find calling tower land is a stupid thing =(

danieldubois

Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg60470#msg60470
« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2010, 08:31:19 pm »
It's not an either/or situation.  The Fallen *'s usage of your copious entropy mana is completely negligible.  You don't even need to compare Fallen * versus Butterfly Effect, anyway; that's apple and oranges.  They serve different roles.  The comparison to make is Butterfly Effect versus Pulverize, and I think it comes out clearly ahead in that department.  The only concession it requires in deck construction is that it forces you into is to ensure you have sufficient low power targets to operate it (and sufficient Quintessence to protect it), and to that end, Boneyard only contributes, not hinders.

Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg60689#msg60689
« Reply #161 on: April 29, 2010, 08:55:56 am »
It's not an either/or situation.  The Fallen *'s usage of your copious entropy mana is completely negligible.  You don't even need to compare Fallen * versus Butterfly Effect, anyway; that's apple and oranges.  They serve different roles.  The comparison to make is Butterfly Effect versus Pulverize, and I think it comes out clearly ahead in that department.  The only concession it requires in deck construction is that it forces you into is to ensure you have sufficient low power targets to operate it (and sufficient Quintessence to protect it), and to that end, Boneyard only contributes, not hinders.

The problem with pulvz is when towards end game, you haave to play eternity while hoping a mutation to give you steal / destory...
Games go longer on the long run....

I know you can use both, but I want to keep the deck smallest possible

ramones

Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg60833#msg60833
« Reply #162 on: April 29, 2010, 05:01:58 pm »
Yaladilae, do you have problem to set up your strategy with this deck?

In 30 games I played, I can say only Morte, Neptune, Osiris and FFQ are real beatable with this deck. The other gods are only vincible with luck in your side. Dark Matter, Obliterator, Hermes, Scorpio and Rainbow are impossible!

Is there any improvements that you are using right now for your deck??

Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg60847#msg60847
« Reply #163 on: April 29, 2010, 05:20:27 pm »
Yaladilae, do you have problem to set up your strategy with this deck?

In 30 games I played, I can say only Morte, Neptune, Osiris and FFQ are real beatable with this deck. The other gods are only vincible with luck in your side. Dark Matter, Obliterator, Hermes, Scorpio and Rainbow are impossible!

Is there any improvements that you are using right now for your deck??
Exactly how it is now, no change to the deck

Obliterator and Dark matters and Rainbow are the hardest god (As far as this deck goes)

Hermes can be difficult, you have to watch out and time things you play.
Scorpio, if he poison you for around 20 counters very quickly, you need mircale to save yourself

Other then that, watch some of the videos, it might help you improve your playing =)

Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg60920#msg60920
« Reply #164 on: April 29, 2010, 07:57:40 pm »
 :aether :air :darkness :death :earth :entropy  NOTICE   :fire :gravity :life :light :time :water

Modified the alternative deck section.
Only have decks I made myself now and left the variation out

Also added links to the different threads where I posted the deck

Offline Found2

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Found2 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg61583#msg61583
« Reply #165 on: May 01, 2010, 06:41:39 am »
I tried this deck for several times and it fits good for me. I only added 2 cards whitch helped me to survive:

Another Quintessence and a Purple Nymph...

Somethimes it's hard to get the nymph running because you need the entropy quanta for the butterfly effect, but as long as you don't have it availble/you don't need to destroy something fro our enemy you're not dependend on the shards for healing.

Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg61827#msg61827
« Reply #166 on: May 01, 2010, 06:26:37 pm »
I tried this deck for several times and it fits good for me. I only added 2 cards whitch helped me to survive:

Another Quintessence and a Purple Nymph...

Somethimes it's hard to get the nymph running because you need the entropy quanta for the butterfly effect, but as long as you don't have it availble/you don't need to destroy something fro our enemy you're not dependend on the shards for healing.
That sounds really really entropy heavy, and half the time I eat everything on the board, I am doubting the usefulness of the nymph. But then its not like i can try it hehe

Anyway, glad you found the variation you like  ;)

sixzerotwo

Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg63983#msg63983
« Reply #167 on: May 05, 2010, 07:17:41 pm »
Why not up the Butterfly Effect?

anything
blarg: