*Author

Laxaria

Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg56442#msg56442
« Reply #144 on: April 20, 2010, 02:26:22 pm »

Offline Zeru

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg56449#msg56449
« Reply #145 on: April 20, 2010, 02:48:34 pm »
Scorpio and Morte are quite easy unless they draw an early Arsenic. Especially if you put an early permafrost.
It is bad luck.

Laxaria

Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg56461#msg56461
« Reply #146 on: April 20, 2010, 03:14:11 pm »
Scorpio and Morte are quite easy unless they draw an early Arsenic. Especially if you put an early permafrost.
It is bad luck.
In one battle against Morte, I had managed to get up a Butterfly running. He had 3 arsenics. -.-"

The statistics do not count every game though. I've tried to be a bit more objective and did not count games where I lost as a result of silly errors on my part and stupid risk judgement instead of the limitations of the deck itself.

Some observations:

Osiris: You're not going to easily outdamage and break his health. Keep Permafrost shield up and just stall until he decks out. Its the most efficient and conservative way to beat him.

Gemini: Hard. You better hope you have a means to stop him playing gravity towers. Without the druid, you are completely stuck either rewinding his momentumed dragons or not letting him play them at all. He has no creature control, but you must quint your oty's at the very least. If he plays a lobo with a few grav towers in play, it's effectively Game Over if you can't draw your required quints fast.

Decay: Plain nightmare. Hold on to some supernovas if needed just to let you use eternity to rewind a bit and try to make him deck out. Hard, purely because it is nigh difficult to get enough quanta using only 8 QTs and 6 SNs. If you can get early creature control, that's best, but I haven't had such luck.

Neptune: IMHO, a joke. Absolute joke. Easier than Fire Queen, so far, anyway.

Elidnis: Same thing with Gemini. Don't let him play any Sapphire or Aether towers and you should be fine.

My current verdict is that not one deck would be able to handle the Gods horribly effectively anymore. It takes a significant amount of luck to get a consistent win rate using smallish decks. It seems to me that the Death Nymph deck that Yala is working on has better promise, as well as the RoL-hope deck and fatter Timebows. While I agree the Gods should be hard, this is just ludicrous. They are not as affected by the changes in quanta costs for cards than players are.

We'll see. I suppose I'm still improving slowly over time with handling the deck, but it is still being very frustrating luck-wise for me. Sometimes I'm 1 quanta short of using a Miracle. 3 turns straight. -.-"

Offline yaladilaeTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 12
  • yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • † RIP Butterfly Angel †
  • Awards: Undefeated 100-0 Competition Winner
Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg57220#msg57220
« Reply #147 on: April 21, 2010, 10:04:20 pm »
Well from your observation, i won every Osiris stalling. Permafrost shield + 1/2 sog = win

Gemini is actually quite stupid sometime, early butterfly or eternity ensures you a win if you know what you are doing. If you are not dying, dont eat the phase spiders without momentum, so when he put dragon out, they dont get momentumed...

Decay, try to set up while having like 10 cards or so left, rewind when you have 3 time quanta, dont wait for the quanta to stockpile, can be hard, I totally agree
One of the gods you want to hope to kill him before he kills you

I never ever has problem with elidnis, he quint his big creature, since the smaller ones if he didnt quint you eat (talking about froest specs). when he TU, he dont have much he can TU. Leave an oty open too for him to TU, that usually does the trick

My current verdict is that not one deck would be able to handle the Gods horribly effectively anymore. It takes a significant amount of luck to get a consistent win rate using smallish decks. It seems to me that the Death Nymph deck that Yala is working on has better promise, as well as the RoL-hope deck and fatter Timebows. While I agree the Gods should be hard, this is just ludicrous. They are not as affected by the changes in quanta costs for cards than players are.

We'll see. I suppose I'm still improving slowly over time with handling the deck, but it is still being very frustrating luck-wise for me. Sometimes I'm 1 quanta short of using a Miracle. 3 turns straight. -.-"
Well, that situation can be frustating, but then i have alrdy learn to let myself just move on quickly to another game and forget about how I lost, that usually help

I am sure there are better decks for everyone suiting their playstyle, so I wont judge which one is better then which or is super effective against ALL gods.

ROL-hope is kinda boring personally because since fractal came out, everyone flooded and made one of those, I really think that already makes the deck boring, besides its not always so effective, since even with 6/7 dragon out, a standard 30 card version can still deck out. Overall the win rate might be about the same, but the gods you can kill are more limited.

Regarding to the death/air nymph one. Trust me, its really really fun. But having said that, alot of people wont see those pair of nymph for a long time.  :-X

• yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg57223#msg57223
« Reply #148 on: April 21, 2010, 10:05:51 pm »
 :aether :air :darkness :death :earth :entropy  NOTICE   :fire :gravity :life :light :time :water

Changed the poll to reflect what people actually think about the deck

Also added an extra optional deck at the main thread for people who are interested  8)

Stats webpage has also been updated with new gods stat added. Please note these will be, from now on, kept on the stats page~

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg57563#msg57563
« Reply #149 on: April 22, 2010, 03:30:33 pm »
I have on several occasions thought about adding an air nymph, but ultimately decided not to because whenever I fight somoene that has a reflective shield, it will go to complete waste. Miracle, and Ferox are about the only ones I can think of right now... but im pretty sure there are others. HOWEVER, after seeing you mention it here, I started thinking. Well, the only Gods I can think of that actually use a reflective shield are already considered the easier ones (unless im not thinking of a harder one that has it) so I may end up putting it in my deck after all.
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg58150#msg58150
« Reply #150 on: April 23, 2010, 05:59:57 pm »
I have on several occasions thought about adding an air nymph, but ultimately decided not to because whenever I fight somoene that has a reflective shield, it will go to complete waste. Miracle, and Ferox are about the only ones I can think of right now... but im pretty sure there are others. HOWEVER, after seeing you mention it here, I started thinking. Well, the only Gods I can think of that actually use a reflective shield are already considered the easier ones (unless im not thinking of a harder one that has it) so I may end up putting it in my deck after all.
Mircale, Ferox, Divine Glory, Paradox Eldinis are the ones I can think of on top of my head
I suppose if you just add it in, you got a choice of FFQ/nymph and a better draw chance on one of the other

The big advantage I can really think of is against gods with tons of creature control, having quinted oty x1, nymph x1 and butterfly x1 will be awesome enough to clogg the FG's hand. Whereas if you have FFQ out, it will free their hand and cost you to have to rewind more

And you are right in a way.
Easy gods with reflective shield are easy enough
Hard gods with reflective shield will still be hard anyway

And one last thing, Air nymph does help control your bonewall very very well

Offline Boingo

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg58262#msg58262
« Reply #151 on: April 24, 2010, 12:30:38 am »
So I've been grinding to update the cards to make this deck and don't have all the cards there yet, but took it out for a spin at level 3.  This has to be one of the unluckiest draws I've ever had--guess where the 3 Quints are....
Bring back Holy Cow!

Psience

Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg58281#msg58281
« Reply #152 on: April 24, 2010, 01:22:24 am »
This is my first post and i wanted it to count.

First i want to say i'm new to Elements (playing for about 3 weeks only) but i have a vast experiance in different types of gaming: pen and paper, dice, pbe, console(atari, nes, snes, ps1, ps2, arc, pc), portable consoles (psp, ndsl), boards (rpg and casuals), cards (tcg and casuals) and miniatures.

Having said that, I am proud to say that Elements is an awesome game and a headstrong fully customizable format. It has been a while since a game has captured me to play it extensively. Plus, it is made in flash which is just total mindf***.

Now as for the deck, i have been using it for only 12 games so far. Using an almost replica of the original Yala Entropy rainbow, switching out the angel for a Devourer (was thinking of using a 3rd Oty but it might be too gravity hungry but i will try this soon). Here's what i got so far.

I will be updating this daily... Thanks. Awesome deck, Yala.

http://elementsstatistics.comxa.com/getstatistics.php?dv=4218734643

Psience

Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg58283#msg58283
« Reply #153 on: April 24, 2010, 01:24:52 am »
So I've been grinding to update the cards to make this deck and don't have all the cards there yet, but took it out for a spin at level 3.  This has to be one of the unluckiest draws I've ever had--guess where the 3 Quints are....
Somehow i find this really funny. I hope it doesnt happen to me though. :)

Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg58375#msg58375
« Reply #154 on: April 24, 2010, 06:49:27 am »
Well, first thing first
Bad luck to happen, but 3 quint at the bottom is super rare hehe
Good it was against level 3, it isnt that bad

Few things i notice tho
I know its not cost effective to sell upped cards, but its time effective.
I would highly recommend you sell some of the less important cards (such as pest) and try to up all your supernovas, oty, hourglass, firefly queen and mircale
This would help alot

If you need electum but having difficulty farming electum from FG coz its not upped, Then spent like 1k and build a fast golem rush and farm t50 to sell off the rares. Trust me, you will get alot more later once you are much more in the game

This is my first post and i wanted it to count.
I will be updating this daily... Thanks. Awesome deck, Yala.

http://elementsstatistics.comxa.com/getstatistics.php?dv=4218734643
Welcome!
Good to have others keeping track as well as me.
Do go through the videos and help on the first page if you get stuck about playing this deck. Or you can come ask me!

Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg58994#msg58994
« Reply #155 on: April 25, 2010, 02:50:47 pm »
 :aether :air :darkness :death :earth :entropy  NOTICE   :fire :gravity :life :light :time :water

Added 2 more decks in the alternative section, which are non rainbow
These 2 are more for the fun aspect and an alternative approach to rainbow or rol hope, which are the most common FG killers now
Having said that, they are still extremely useful and powerful if you know how to play it right.

Also added variant ideas section to sum up what people discussed about my butterfly angel and possible change to make it better for YOU!!!

blarg: