*Author

Offline yaladilaeTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 12
  • yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • † RIP Butterfly Angel †
  • Awards: Undefeated 100-0 Competition Winner
Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg54832#msg54832
« Reply #132 on: April 17, 2010, 05:53:42 pm »
I beat Osiris, if I get the Ice shield and min 1 SoG out early. If the Ice shield is not in the first half of the deck, I get rushed...
I'd rather add another Ice shield (I love it!) and/or a PA to make it last :D

I was really happy with beating Osiris at all  :)) Still waiting to win that Pharaoh actually  :-[

And I must say, the more I play this deck, the more I like it. I might add the 3 SoD and the steal back in though, since so far I had a better win/loss rate with the Variant.
The SoDs let you toughen up, which I think this deck can put to good use.
almost 30 games now and only got 2 pharoah

Glad you found the variant you like  :o

I tried to play the Butterfly Angel (great name and great deck) however I cannot for the life of me get a good win ratio with it. I end up with horrendous draws all the time and never seem to get the cards I need. I didn't keep stats but I do know I was 0-5 versus Osirus, never got the shield and never more than one SOG. Frequently I would end up with a starting hand of 2-3 towers 2 Supernovas , which sounds good, only to then draw 2 supernovas 3 quintessence and a butterfly effect...Argh!! Anyways I played about 40 games with around 25% win ratio before I decided to change it up. This is what I ended up with and at least for me it is much more consistent. Maybe I just had an incredibly bad run of luck, but in the end it was just way to frustrating to keep trying, so for anyone else having trouble with Butterfly angel maybe give something like this a shot.

p.s. I still think the Butterfly Angel is a great deck :)

Well sometimes when things dont go right, it just dont.

That looks very simliar to Puppy's deck, but anyway, I would put in another hourglass, for that 40 card deck 8)

fred

Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg54837#msg54837
« Reply #133 on: April 17, 2010, 06:06:38 pm »
That looks very simliar to Puppy's deck, but anyway, I would put in another hourglass, for that 40 card deck 8)
It is indeed  just a version of the puppy deck, and I would agree it could use another hourglass, but I have yet to not get one within the first 5 turns so far in 20 games and usually I have both, so I'm not fixing it till it breaks, lol. BTW thanks for the False god Control card stats on the first page that is really good info to have.

Laxaria

Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg55039#msg55039
« Reply #134 on: April 18, 2010, 02:24:14 am »
Been fiddling with the deck a little more. It works, but sometimes it plain fails. I quite like the idea of adding another oty instead of using a Guardian Angel or Pest as it allows you to draw one sooner, which might make the difference between a win and lost.

The best hands usually involve an oty, a quint and 3 supernovas, which by then you should be able to handle almost anything most gods throw at you. I had this set up twice against DreamCatcher and easily destroyed him.

From experience, this deck's main flaw is that you really, REALLY, cannot make a mistake. I once screwed up and accidentally clicked bone wall with my permafrost shield up against Incarnate. Misery indeed :(

In fact, I would be more interested in seeing if the deck can be slimmed down even further. For me, I might take out the Miracle, the 2 hourglasses and a quint, and add a phase shield or precognition/sundial for the last card to make an even 30 card deck.

Of course, the nature with smaller decks is instability. You need to judge very well when to use particular cards and how to use them.

Win % wise... I'm not really feeling like I'm winning most of my games against the harder gods, but perhaps that's just me.

• yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.yaladilae is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg55114#msg55114
« Reply #135 on: April 18, 2010, 07:35:31 am »
It is indeed  just a version of the puppy deck, and I would agree it could use another hourglass, but I have yet to not get one within the first 5 turns so far in 20 games and usually I have both, so I'm not fixing it till it breaks, lol. BTW thanks for the False god Control card stats on the first page that is really good info to have.
After 300+ games, 33 card deck without hourglass is very common
I would suggest you buy 1 and just spent the money to up it =)

Been fiddling with the deck a little more. It works, but sometimes it plain fails. I quite like the idea of adding another oty instead of using a Guardian Angel or Pest as it allows you to draw one sooner, which might make the difference between a win and lost.

The best hands usually involve an oty, a quint and 3 supernovas, which by then you should be able to handle almost anything most gods throw at you. I had this set up twice against DreamCatcher and easily destroyed him.

From experience, this deck's main flaw is that you really, REALLY, cannot make a mistake. I once screwed up and accidentally clicked bone wall with my permafrost shield up against Incarnate. Misery indeed :(

In fact, I would be more interested in seeing if the deck can be slimmed down even further. For me, I might take out the Miracle, the 2 hourglasses and a quint, and add a phase shield or precognition/sundial for the last card to make an even 30 card deck.

Of course, the nature with smaller decks is instability. You need to judge very well when to use particular cards and how to use them.

Win % wise... I'm not really feeling like I'm winning most of my games against the harder gods, but perhaps that's just me.
Well, the good hand is oty, quint 2 supernova, and of coz 1 tower from the start, then it is very likely the gravity quanta will come thru, from my experience

I totaly agree, you cannot make a mistake at all
Like yesterday, my computer lagged a bit and I casted fire storm without opposing creature, later on as the game goes, i reli wish the fire storm is still there.

Small deck is more stable in terms of draw, but it require highly sufficent play skill (and prehaps mentaliity as well) to keep on top of winning

Trimming it down to 30 would be fun, but I cant really see a redundant card in the deck, apart from the 2nd hourglass, which is mainly needed to get one out early in the game

And win% wise, the harder god are suppose to be hard, some wins I get lucky, while others it was tight games, even to the extent that if I lost the coin toss, I would have lost the game!

Laxaria

Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg55126#msg55126
« Reply #136 on: April 18, 2010, 09:07:40 am »
The curious thing about hourglasses is that odds are, you probably do not need it all the time anyway. In fact, I'm debating about the requirement for it. While it helps so significantly in the deck, odds are I'm more needing to draw other cards and not the hourglass.

loudog

Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg55290#msg55290
« Reply #137 on: April 18, 2010, 06:03:28 pm »
Decay also has steal for permanent control

Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg55364#msg55364
« Reply #138 on: April 18, 2010, 08:48:21 pm »
The curious thing about hourglasses is that odds are, you probably do not need it all the time anyway. In fact, I'm debating about the requirement for it. While it helps so significantly in the deck, odds are I'm more needing to draw other cards and not the hourglass.
Sometimes I had to rush thru top half of the deck with it, so its important
I've been debating too, but concluding its quite important, as least thats how i feel personally

Decay also has steal for permanent control
Thanks, added it !

If anyone pick out anything in the list I missed, do let me know 8)

Robsta43

Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg55780#msg55780
« Reply #139 on: April 19, 2010, 03:36:07 pm »
I've finished 100 games with my version of the deck stats here (http://elementsstatistics.comxa.com/getstatistics.php?dv=1217822228)

(My modifications to the origional: -1 Guardian angel +1 elite otyugh; All cards upgraded)

Although I unfortunatly didn't record stats for the new FG before today, I can say that Neptune and Osiris are a walk in the park, while decay and eternal phonix are nearly impossible. 

A note on how I do statisics, if I see who I'm fighting next in the oracle I customise my deck to fight them and therefore DO NOT record that battle in my stats, even if the only thing I change is taking out the protect artifact. 

Offline Zeru

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg55838#msg55838
« Reply #140 on: April 19, 2010, 05:48:32 pm »
...while decay and eternal phonix are nearly impossible. 
Decay is cool if you add a steal, and take his lobotomizer to stop the mana denial, EP is easy if you get an early Ice shield + PA.
Don't worry about decking out, he doesn't have any defence whatsoever so he will die quickly.

Btw: steal greatly increases your chances against most of the gods.

Edit: Dacy can be easily taken down by crushing his aether towers.

Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg55845#msg55845
« Reply #141 on: April 19, 2010, 06:05:50 pm »
...while decay and eternal phonix are nearly impossible. 
Decay is cool if you add a steal, and take his lobotomizer to stop the mana denial, EP is easy if you get an early Ice shield + PA.
Don't worry about decking out, he doesn't have any defence whatsoever so he will die quickly.

Btw: steal greatly increases your chances against most of the gods.

Edit: Dacy can be easily taken down by crushing his aether towers.
Phoenix is hard
Decay is fairly easy, hold on your supernova play butterfly angel, break all his eclipse, then just dont deck out!
Or early queen to take away all his drain life, and he has virtually nothing to atk u with

Steal is good, but not necesssary against most gods, since you can break their permenants
I wanted to keep the deck very very small

Offline Zeru

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg55886#msg55886
« Reply #142 on: April 19, 2010, 07:01:38 pm »
Yala, most easy gods are easy with steal, it gives you small hope against the hard ones,
Rainbow - take his hourglass
Dark Matter - take his gravity tower to play an otyugh
Scorpio - well, he is average, but you can steal his permafrost if you don't have your own yet.
Destiny - easy, but with an extra tower, your deck is even faster
Fire Queen and other healers - steal their bonds/druidic staffs to survive longer
Decay - steal back your stolen permanent
and so on..

Well. If you don't want to, don't try it. I'm only stating my ideas :D

Re: Yaladilae's Butterfly Angel (v1.21) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=4212.msg55896#msg55896
« Reply #143 on: April 19, 2010, 07:09:09 pm »
Yala, most easy gods are easy with steal, it gives you small hope against the hard ones,
Rainbow - take his hourglass
Dark Matter - take his gravity tower to play an otyugh
Scorpio - well, he is average, but you can steal his permafrost if you don't have your own yet.
Destiny - easy, but with an extra tower, your deck is even faster
Fire Queen and other healers - steal their bonds/druidic staffs to survive longer
Decay - steal back your stolen permanent
and so on..

Well. If you don't want to, don't try it. I'm only stating my ideas :D
Hehe, I ran SGs deck for a long time up until almost the end of 1.20, with 2 steal, so I know what you mean

Dark matter, stealing might slow you down (I rather draw something else then steal)
Rainbow, i agree stealing his hourglass is good, but when he fires off 3 mircale towards the end of his game and steal / destroy everything you own, not much chance there!

I do agree steal is good, just I like to keep my deck minium. If I were to steal, I wont run butterfly, and probably run air nymph!!

blarg: