*Author

Offline Theunnamedone

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Theunnamedone is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Voodoo bravery [FG][Arena][Fast][Focused] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41435.msg1137072#msg1137072
« Reply #96 on: May 20, 2014, 09:23:24 am »
I was an avid fan of Shak'ar's revenge, and now I've found this! (haven't played in a long,long while)
Looks pretty good, will try out once I get the SoBs.

Just a little 'guerilla' trick I've picked up- probably familiar to many
when against akebono, don't bother with the dolls at all. If you TU his strongest creatures and then BB them, you'll easily outdamage him with the overdrive and momentum'd dragons pounding on him.

Offline nolf

• nolf is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New Forum-Account
Re: Voodoo bravery [FG][Arena][Fast][Focused] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41435.msg1147762#msg1147762
« Reply #97 on: July 27, 2014, 08:58:48 am »
Reviving this thread to say once more that Voodoo Bravery rocks, has given me a ton of victories and upped cards. Here's the variation that seems to work best for me, a cross between the SN and Nova versions.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4vj 4vj 4vj 6u3 6u3 6u3 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 74d 74d 77l 77l 77l 77l 77l 77l 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7tg 7tg 7tg 80b 80b 80b 8pu

Using only SNs means you desperately need one of the 5 pendulums, otherwise you'll never get anywhere. Novas solve this problem somewhat, just one will already allow you to play a SoB, two and you can get the combo going without pendulum. And you can play 1 SN and 1 Nova in one turn without triggering a singularity. Also I'm pretty sure you want three dolls, in the little test I recorded not drawing a doll was the #1 problem. Blocking the FG's weapon with one doll + BB is very useful for a number of FGs, sometimes even just playing one doll to draw out a card like drain life or congeal if the FG's hand is clogged and to make use of your SoBs can help. 5 SoBs and 3 TUs seem like enough to me.

Offline CrockettRocket

• Reputation Power: 30
  • CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'd like to achieve silence for eternity.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Voodoo bravery [FG][Arena][Fast][Focused] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41435.msg1147854#msg1147854
« Reply #98 on: July 28, 2014, 01:07:45 am »
I might try your variation, but in the past Ive been rather angry with VDB. Just wanted to let you know, you can actually play 2 novas and 1 Supernova a turn without triggering a sigularity, that might help you win a couple more games ;)
A world war? Am I invited?
Thanks to skotadi for saying this in chat. Made me laugh pretty hard, and fits with me not getting drafted. :silly:

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Voodoo bravery [FG][Arena][Fast][Focused] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41435.msg1150778#msg1150778
« Reply #99 on: August 12, 2014, 06:49:24 pm »
I'm still amazed nowadays how this deck is able to OTK with 440 HP while the opponent has only 8 damage output on his field.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2014, 06:51:07 pm by Submachine »
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline rawrqwer

• rawrqwer is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
[FG] Voodoo Bravery with Supernova, opt winrate ~65% https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41435.msg1163152#msg1163152
« Reply #100 on: October 30, 2014, 12:12:21 pm »
So I was farming FGs with the standard Voodoo Bravery deck for a while.
Many times, I lost because in order for your deck to get started, you needed to have two specific cards in the early game (Entropy Pendulum, Supernova).
So I decided to use a different approach for the deck.

Instead of having to need two cards in your early game, i wanted to have to rely only on one (for the price of "losing" one turn, if you have the luck of having both cards in your starting hand)
The Mark is now Entropy and there are 6 copies of Supernova. This makes losing to an overly bad starting hand almost impossible.
The maximum of 18 Aether quanta needed is provided by the SNs (6*2=12) and 4 Aether Towers.
I also included one Mirror Shield, so Octane became a cakewalk and many other FGs can't kill you through Gravity Pull with eg. Fire Lance.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 74d 74d 77l 77l 77l 77l 77l 77l 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7ee 7k0 7tg 7tg 808 808 808 808 80b 80b 80b 8pj

With this deck, I managed to get an opt. winrate of 64.62% while skipping 11 FGs (295 games played)
Reverse Time:                             Seism, Osiris, Lionheart and Destiny
Mutation:                                     Chaos Lord
Not enough Damage/Quanta:     Decay
Black Hole:                                   Dark Matter
Too much Damage/Momentum:   Ferox, Gemini, Graviton and Hecate

I also tried a version of the deck which included an Electrocutor instead of the sixth SN (against Momentums/Vampires and a little increase of damage), but getting Gemini and Graviton off the skiplist couldn't come up with the overall reduction of consistency. (opt. winrate 58.10%, 251 games played, 9 FGs skipped)
I'll test another version with Electrocutor, 6 SN and maybe only 5 Basilisk Blood

Offline dragtom

• Reputation Power: 16
  • dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Champion of the Silences Torn.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Divine ArtificeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #8 WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: [FG] Voodoo Bravery with Supernova, opt winrate ~65% https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41435.msg1163153#msg1163153
« Reply #101 on: October 30, 2014, 12:17:25 pm »
shouldn't this be posted on the original thread, since it is very similar..?
be quick- time is quanta.

Offline Zawadx

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: [FG] Voodoo Bravery with Supernova, opt winrate ~65% https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41435.msg1163154#msg1163154
« Reply #102 on: October 30, 2014, 12:20:57 pm »
Nice. This seems like a great mod, tho I'm still partial to the nova version. What's your average TTW?

Also: http://elementscommunity.org/forum/rainbow-decks/voodoo-bravery-%28fg%29%28arena%29%28fast%29%28focused%29/
Higs or one the deck helpers will merge them soon.
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Voodoo bravery [FG][Arena][Fast][Focused] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41435.msg1163155#msg1163155
« Reply #103 on: October 30, 2014, 12:44:25 pm »
Topics merged
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: Voodoo bravery [FG][Arena][Fast][Focused] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41435.msg1163160#msg1163160
« Reply #104 on: October 30, 2014, 02:34:18 pm »
You realize that if you lose the coin toss you have to discard 1 card, right?
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline Zawadx

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Voodoo bravery [FG][Arena][Fast][Focused] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41435.msg1163161#msg1163161
« Reply #105 on: October 30, 2014, 02:47:48 pm »
You realize that if you lose the coin toss you have to discard 1 card, right?

Unless he has Aether pillar in hand ::) Also, discarding isn't that hard with VDB; you usually have extra multiples of combo or lotsa SoB/SN in hand.
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline rawrqwer

• rawrqwer is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Voodoo bravery [FG][Arena][Fast][Focused] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41435.msg1163162#msg1163162
« Reply #106 on: October 30, 2014, 03:16:56 pm »
opt TTW is 8.864
TTW was not as important to me as a high winrate, so I always waited for the FG to bring me very low before I played Gravity Pull (unless I had no Mirror Shield, enough BB+TU in hand or it was Akebono  :D)
So TTW could still fall a bit, if played faster than me  ;D

Discarding sometimes is inevitable, my priority was:
1. double Voodoo Doll / double GP
2. triple or higher SN
3. double or higher BB

Discarding never is that much of a problem, as long as you don't discard bravery (=2 new cards), you should always be able to catch up when you draw the SN

Offline TheArchduke

• TheArchduke is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • That's "Sir, TheArchduke" to you.
Re: Voodoo bravery [FG][Arena][Fast][Focused] https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=41435.msg1165462#msg1165462
« Reply #107 on: November 10, 2014, 12:48:21 am »
I think I must be doing something wrong, maybe I'm missing a critical component of the strategy here, but I basically never win with any variant of this deck.

Would someone be so kind as to explain thoroughly how to play this deck successfully? Like, early game: accumulate quanta, mid-game: play voodoo doll, BB and GP, TU a high-power opp creature, BB it, late game: profit? I don't know, I've not really made it to late game with this deck.

Against most FGs, there usually isn't a creature worth using a TU on and I can't channel enough damage through the dolls to kill my opponent. I'm sure I'm missing something...

blarg: