*Author

Offline thatnewguyTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 15
  • thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lost in time...
  • Awards: FG Deck-Designer - Forbidden Romance
Re: Rush be gone https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16499.msg224501#msg224501
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2010, 12:04:31 pm »
The early in game bolts sometimes make a difference in a game, also sundial + firebolt is a 30 card quick-building deck. The mirror shield is situational, as is the purify, but hey having an immortal shield that can counter those nasty rol/hope decks or anything else to slow down the opponent is always nice.
Whenever you feel alone and nobody is there, you can't feel more alive.

Dieing is easy, living is hard.

Offline Kuroaitou

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 82
  • Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Kuroaitou is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeMaster of Mafia10th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSilver DonorSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Rush be gone https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16499.msg235063#msg235063
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2010, 10:33:46 pm »
Damn. This deck is surprisingly deceptive when it comes to stopping any form of rushing - the Rewinds work better than one would think with Dune Scorpions, and the added unupped Novas allow for easy splash for quick defenses (shields) or buffs (momentum/chaos power). Really nice deck TNG.

The only issue I see with this deck vs. what you played against me is that the Hourglass's tradeoff vs Golden Nymph. The Hourglass is probably more susceptible to Steal and Deflagration (commonly found in some rush decks that want to splash a tad bit of PC), whereas Golden Nymph has enough HP to withstand pretty much everything, unless the opponent lines up two Lightnings against it (that's still a 2 vs 1 card advantage though for you).

• thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.thatnewguy is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Lost in time...
Re: Rush be gone https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16499.msg275047#msg275047
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 02:03:23 am »
Updated with a V3.

Offline vrt

• Reputation Power: 40
  • vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Elitist Graphics Whore
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeCard Art Competition 1st Place
Re: Rush be gone https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16499.msg281276#msg281276
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2011, 12:17:47 am »
Painful. I like.
So long and thanks for all the fish!

Nadrin

Re: Rush be gone https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16499.msg281279#msg281279
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2011, 12:19:05 am »
Cool, a deck with a nymph that I can actually build :P

Looks fun, and seems to work. I'll do some t50 stuff with it, but just glancing at it gives the sense of pure evil :D

Offline Newbiecake

• Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Pursuing.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Adaptation
Re: Rush be gone https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16499.msg281309#msg281309
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2011, 12:45:18 am »
Is Golden Nymth replaceable? This deck looks really cool, and after several tries it didn't fail me on PvP 2. :P Recommended.
Tasted the world, seen more than enough.

• Lost in time...
Re: Rush be gone https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16499.msg281328#msg281328
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2011, 12:58:23 am »
Is Golden Nymth replaceable? This deck looks really cool, and after several tries it didn't fail me on PvP 2. :P Recommended.
Note: Golden nymph can be replaced for another HG.
Thanks btw :D

Offline jmdt

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Rush be gone https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16499.msg281354#msg281354
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2011, 01:33:43 am »
This looks very evil like my annoyance 101.  I may have to try this in T50 and see how much hate mail I get.

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Rush be gone https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16499.msg281363#msg281363
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2011, 01:41:06 am »
I run this sometimes in PvP2 whenever I'm bored.  It's worth it every time :)
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline Boingo

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Re: Rush be gone https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16499.msg282273#msg282273
« Reply #21 on: March 03, 2011, 05:38:20 am »
Brilliant.  Now if I could just get my hands on a golden nymph...
Bring back Holy Cow!

Offline jmdt

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 33
  • jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.jmdt is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake
Re: Rush be gone https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16499.msg282281#msg282281
« Reply #22 on: March 03, 2011, 05:51:48 am »
Brilliant.  Now if I could just get my hands on a golden nymph...
Trade you 1...or 2?

Offline Bhlewos

• Reputation Power: 10
  • Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Bhlewos is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Cautiously returning to the game
Re: Rush be gone https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=16499.msg295802#msg295802
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2011, 03:41:51 am »
In my experience it would be better to do the following to the unupped deck:

-2 Golden Hourglasses
+1 Momentum
+1 Dune Scorpion
+2 Novas

(total 32)

I've had bad luck getting DS/Momentum out early, and I've been in danger of decking out in all games I've played so far. I haven't actually decked out ever, kept using Eternity to return my DS, but IMO the GHs are unecessary in the unupped version.

blarg: