*Author

Offline ManuelTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Ruby Balls FG OTK https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65961.msg1276237#msg1276237
« on: April 20, 2018, 04:17:08 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u3 6u3 6u3 7di 7n9 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 7q5 7q5 7q5 809 809 809 809 80i 8ps

play dragon
play 4 balls
fractal a ball
play other 7 balls
sky blitz
gg

rather than play protect artifact for protecting sofree, it's  a lot more faster save one (or two) slots and skip every fg with pc, so it can potentially (hopefully with a good winrate since it doesn't require an extreme combo:)

destiny
eldinis
ferox
fire queen
gemini
incarnate
lionheart
miracle
neptune
paradox
rainbow
serket

fg u can try to beat:
morte
scorpio

it has a lot of skips, but it is really really really fast:

Spoiler for Hidden:

starting the dial chain with 17 cards in my deck, i ended up with the combo playing 4 other sundials (after the one when i was at 17 cards), bottom decking the last one, so in 5 turns i drawed all my other cards

i'm not saying this is better than vdb, since vdb can potentially win against more fg; vdb CAN be fast, is speed drops ridiculously against fg like obliterator, dream catcher, neptune and decay, and the fg u might wanna try like lionheart or octane

something similar against the fg u might can try to beat, vdb can lock himself without drawing gp or enough bb against EVERYTHING, this deck  has probably a better overall winrate (but still, the downside of a lot more skips)

it's pretty much useless with silver becoming an idle game where the only need to do is click for getting  :electrum , but i'm pretty sure this deck back after the instosis' nerf was probably a decent fast farmer

funny part: idk if u really need ruby dragon for otk, maybe artic dragon can be enough
« Last Edit: April 20, 2018, 08:12:46 pm by Manuel »

Offline Mr Muffin

• Reputation Power: 14
  • Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Sort of Young Elemental
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake12th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWar #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of LifeBattle League 1/2017 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
Re: Ruby Balls FG OTK https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65961.msg1276247#msg1276247
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2018, 09:40:33 pm »
I remember I once fought Sera in CL who used an OTK with ruby dragon and fractal ball lightning.

Offline immortal feud

• Reputation Power: 8
  • immortal feud is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Elements League 3/2019 3rd Place13th Trials - Master of EarthElements League 2/2019 2nd PlaceWinner of 12 Lives #5Elements League 1/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Ruby Balls FG OTK https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65961.msg1280246#msg1280246
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2018, 09:22:12 am »
Great deck!
you are quite right than an arctic dragon works in place of a ruby one.

i have played around with it a bit and made some changes
5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u3 6u3 6u3 711 7du 7ee 7gt 7n9 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 7q5 7q5 7q5 809 80i 8ps

replacing the crimson with an arctic because 11 water quanta is easier to get than 12 fire and replacing 3 ball lightnings with a seraph and an ivory dragon. this improves reliability of the deck with the mulligan because less ball lightnings and the final combo is 1 card less so a hard of bravery can be added in and it becomes more playable. another advantage of this combo is that you only need 6 ball lightening from the fractal instead of 7 so if you havent paid much attention and have a sundial or hourglass clogging your hand you can still win

Edit: I just realised this would also work fully SN powered
5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 5rp 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6ve 6ve 6ve 6ve 711 7du 7ee 7gt 7n9 7nq 7nq 7nq 7nq 7q5 7q5 7q5 809 80i 8ps
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 06:09:36 am by immortal feud »
recovering firestall addict

• Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Ruby Balls FG OTK https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65961.msg1280263#msg1280263
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2018, 03:20:55 pm »
you only need 6 ball lightening from the fractal instead of 6

the number of the beast

no idea of the chances to always draw a pends with only 4 but is probably low, u need to drop the sob it has already too much skips, if u even lose for not drawing a pend it's terrible

Offline immortal feud

• Reputation Power: 8
  • immortal feud is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Elements League 3/2019 3rd Place13th Trials - Master of EarthElements League 2/2019 2nd PlaceWinner of 12 Lives #5Elements League 1/2019 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Ruby Balls FG OTK https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65961.msg1280307#msg1280307
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2018, 06:09:19 am »
ah yes i meant instead of 7
the SN powered version was more of an afterthought and you are probably right that a pend would be better than a SoBr in it
recovering firestall addict

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: Ruby Balls FG OTK https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65961.msg1280332#msg1280332
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2018, 10:24:27 pm »
you only need 6 ball lightening from the fractal instead of 6

the number of the beast

no idea of the chances to always draw a pends with only 4 but is probably low, u need to drop the sob it has already too much skips, if u even lose for not drawing a pend it's terrible
Ooooh, teacher call on me! *raises hand

I might know that probability:
First, your initial draw of 8 cards (presumes going 2nd, the going 1st probability will be very similar) in a 30-card deck with 4 pends you want to draw at least 1x:

So, 73% of the time you get an opening hand pendulum.

Next, we consider the mulligan which the game silently does in the background. The Ball Lightning is going to factor into the mulligan, so at 30-card deck drawing 8-cards with 5-zerocost cards it is about 18% of the initial draws lacking a zerocost resulting in mulligan:

So, ~18% of your initial draws you get to invisibly mulligan-draw...

That would be the 22-card deck stack drawing 8-cards with 4 pendulum targets in the stack wanting at least 1x:

So, about 86% of the instances of the initial draw not having a pend, your mulligan draw will have a pendulum in it (at least one).

The arithmetic part:
.733 + .863 * .185 = .733 (initial draw with >= 1 pend) + .160 (mulligan re-draw has >= 1 pend) = .893 <-- 89.3% of your first hands you see in-game (initial plus the invisible silent mulligan) will yield at least one pendulum, or more.

That's not too shabby in my book (presuming the math was correct) - 1 time in 10 games you get a faildraw (note: I have not worked up any numbers related to how often the faildraw is due to Ball Lightning-only-zerocost vs. actually having no zerocost in resulting hand).

/one-is-glad-to-be-of-service
EDIT1: Well, ignoring that Ball Lightning is a zero-cost mulligan screwer means the first calc I posted is not right.
EDIT2: Alright, should be fixed now! :-)
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 11:10:09 pm by rob77dp »
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

Re: Ruby Balls FG OTK https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65961.msg1280341#msg1280341
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2018, 04:44:49 am »
thx for calcs, tought it was much lower

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: Ruby Balls FG OTK https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65961.msg1280408#msg1280408
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2018, 11:17:15 pm »
thx for calcs, tought it was much lower
I've run a VERY similar calc before when building SN-bows... I used to build them with 5x or 6x pill/pend-upped until I ran the numbers and realized 1/10 with 4x is tyipcally worth the benefit of 1-2 more useful cards mid- late-game. Basically, gut reaction for most is 4/30 = lots of faildraws so your first thought was not so irrational - the numbers just play out a different story. :)
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

blarg: