*Author

LongDono

PvP1 Newbie Skillbow ( A Rainbow deck for newbies to learn from. ) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29146.msg371973#msg371973
« on: July 26, 2011, 11:35:53 pm »
I went through every element and picked cards that I decided a player could learn 1 or more PvP skills from.
Here it is!
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4vi 4vm 52j 562 590 595 5c7 5f6 5fb 5ib 5ie 5if 5ig 5le 5on 5rk 5rk 5ur 5v2 61q 8pp

Chaos seed - Teaches you about RNG*. ( Random number Generator.* ) Though it can be great it can also fail very hardcore. Educate yourself on all the effects of this card. ( adding link to this cards topic shortly. )After that you will be thinking of the odds of it doing what you need it to do and play it with that in mind. This can teach you that even randomness can be good if you know how to use it.
Fallen Elf - Many of the same reasons as chaos seed, but this can teach you to use CC on yourself, but with a risk. ( link to cards thread coming soon. ) Also there are many many many combos with this card in this deck as you would find out by playing it.
Flesh spider - Is here to be combed with Adrenaline, Fallen Elf, and anything else you can think of. Mostly there to fill the death quanta and not add too powerful of a card. You wont learn much from easy wins.  ;) Feel free to replace this card.
Acceleration - This card can be used as a buff, or to destroy an opponents creature ability, or over time kill it. Very few cards in this deck combo very well with it so watch out! Still a good card to learn from.
Graboid - The burrow ability teaches you on reading an opponent and generally just keeping this possible plays in mind. Also it is powerful when combo with Adrenaline! Use burrow now and again, it wont hurt.
Basilisk blood - In some rare situations this card is better to be used on your own creatures! If your creatures attack now heals them you can stop it, as well as if your card is about to die from damage you can make it live longer, just remember to make sure that the damage is not too great or else it might not live 6 turns anyways!
Adrenaline - This card can give very big damage boost to your creatures, but watch out they will become the main target of creature control cards that the other player plays! It will teach you to spread your buffs around and not on one creature!
Deflagration  - Test judgement and timing on playing cards, and the deck needs Permanent control.
Rage potion - This card can be used on you or the other player and has a down side and up side, used it well for it shall test your judgement too.
Arctic Squid - Go nuts and learn the power of stacking freeze!
Toadfish - Just needed another powerhouse. Good CC once it gets going as well!
Mind flayer - Ummmm just good and combos well.
Nymph's Tears - Every nymph it spawns can teach you something new, have fun!
Guardian Angel - Can keep things alive, and combo's with rage potion and other things, have fun!
Shockwave - Can hit your opponent or a creature! Very good for judgement.
Reverse time - One of the best Creature control cards in the game, one thing to keep in mind is even if they can play a certain card again right after drawing it you at least deny them a new card that turn and monsters need to stay on the field for a whole turn to use active skills so you can delay some of the most annoying cards in the game! Also if one of your creatures have been frozen, anti-mattered, skill removed, about to die from fire shield or poison you can save them and replay them like brand new next turn if you have the quanta!
Vampire stiletto - can teach you about healing and overall damage swing. Damage swing adds healing and damage of a card together and you get damage swing. If you do not have vampire stiletto you can replace it with Nightmare!
Cloak - This card is not one that should be played randomly, it is all about timing. When you play it right you will know. When your field becomes it's strongest and you are turns away form winning you play this unless you really really have to just to stay alive in a match.
Lightning - Look at shockwave.

I am taking time away from working on what I need to for trials to post this, I hope it helps some newbies, or even some vets that lack in one area or another, you most likely wont know until you play something like this. Also I fear this might lack damage even though I am 6-0 in PvP with it.

Opsinis

Re: PvP1 Newbie Skillbow ( A Rainbow deck for newbies to learn from. ) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29146.msg372011#msg372011
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 12:55:55 am »
First Post!

Anyways, looks nice. Good idea, I suppose, having all of the different aspects of the game in a rainbow deck. I can see why the mark is water... A shield maybe would be nice.

Nice deck

ilovepieman

Re: PvP1 Newbie Skillbow ( A Rainbow deck for newbies to learn from. ) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29146.msg372021#msg372021
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 01:15:10 am »
this is an epic deck
but its amazingly hard to get the cards

ilovepieman

Re: PvP1 Newbie Skillbow ( A Rainbow deck for newbies to learn from. ) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29146.msg372024#msg372024
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 01:17:20 am »
this is an epic deck
but its amazingly hard to get the cards some of them

LongDono

Re: PvP1 Newbie Skillbow ( A Rainbow deck for newbies to learn from. ) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29146.msg372026#msg372026
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 01:24:49 am »
I forgot Squid was rare, but Vampire weapon can be replaced by Nightmare.
Squid can be replaced by any CC from water or the water shield. That good?

Offline vidurkhanna

• Reputation Power: 2
  • vidurkhanna is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: PvP1 Newbie Skillbow ( A Rainbow deck for newbies to learn from. ) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29146.msg373269#msg373269
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2011, 07:03:56 pm »
[quote:LongDono]I forgot Squid was rare, but Vampire weapon can be replaced by Nightmare.
Squid can be replaced by any CC from water or the water shield. That good?[/quote]

wats a cc??

Offline willng3

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: PvP1 Newbie Skillbow ( A Rainbow deck for newbies to learn from. ) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29146.msg373275#msg373275
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2011, 07:13:43 pm »
Quote from: LongDono
I forgot Squid was rare, but Vampire weapon can be replaced by Nightmare.
Squid can be replaced by any CC from water or the water shield. That good?

wats a cc??
Creature control.
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

Offline ralouf

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 35
  • ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.ralouf is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Elements lover
  • Awards: War #5 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2012 WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: PvP1 Newbie Skillbow ( A Rainbow deck for newbies to learn from. ) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29146.msg373306#msg373306
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2011, 08:27:24 pm »
Mark is water because he plays 4 water card I guess and squid needs 2 quanta each turn to activate his ability.

No nova ? I put a similar deck in my alt account in silver league it is doing very good
TEAM
:deathbig
War Se7en

Offline YoungSot

• Reputation Power: 18
  • YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.YoungSot is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • SootySot!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: PvP1 Newbie Skillbow ( A Rainbow deck for newbies to learn from. ) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29146.msg373311#msg373311
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2011, 08:44:23 pm »
This is an interesting idea LD, "making educational' decks. I like it. And since the chosen cards all can be used in a variety of ways, I could see it being a pretty fun deck to play.
Perhaps change the Squid for an ice bolt? That way you can include freezing and breaking weapons.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: PvP1 Newbie Skillbow ( A Rainbow deck for newbies to learn from. ) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29146.msg373328#msg373328
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2011, 09:16:05 pm »
Graboid - The burrow ability teaches you on reading an opponent and generally just keeping this possible plays in mind. Also it is powerful when combo with Adrenaline! Use burrow now and again, it wont hurt.
Graboid's ability is the time one, where he turns into a shrieker. He enters the game burrowed. Therefore you can't cast adrenaline on it.

Xsshstex

Re: PvP1 Newbie Skillbow ( A Rainbow deck for newbies to learn from. ) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29146.msg373332#msg373332
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2011, 09:28:54 pm »
Heyyy it's Dm xD
It's a little slow though :(

Offline Sevs

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Sevs is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • My favorite element is Oxygen
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: PvP1 Newbie Skillbow ( A Rainbow deck for newbies to learn from. ) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=29146.msg373351#msg373351
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2011, 10:07:09 pm »
Few things.

- I like the idea of teaching people cards from decks, but in the beginning it is hard enough to buy all these cards and by the time they can afford it, they probably have enough experience to the point where this deck might not be helpful.

-You got 2 rares in deck to learn from. maybe try and add forest spirit (for squid) since you don.t have any growth creatures. and nightmare for the vampire stiletto.

- Lightning and shockwave is redundant. maybe either a quint or unstable gas instead

- Lastly, the card explanation looks like a wall of text, maybe try and space it out or bold the card name to make it easier to read.
"Elements is the greatest game ever made" - Abraham Lincoln

anything
blarg: LongDono