*Author

Daneman

Nymph Rainbow! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8693.msg100948#msg100948
« on: June 25, 2010, 07:36:54 pm »
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
52n 52n 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u6 6ug 71b 71b 74b 74b 74o 77f 77f 77i 77i 7am 7am 7do 7gp 7gv 7gv 7k2 7n3 7q5 7q5 7q5 7q5 7t9 7t9 80d 80d 80h 80h 80s 8ps

So i was fiddling around with nymphs the other day and i thought. Why doesn't the standard FG deck include nymphs
when they are some of the best creatures is the game? I know they are rare but players that are on 24/7 and have a lot of luck generally have some nymphs.

Why does the deck have...
Boneyard: To produce lots of fodder for mutation and they help with healing when you have a feral bond. They are unupped to lower costs.
Quantum towers: To produce quanta... duh...
Supernova: These are great to gain a little extra quanta when you need it.
Fallen Druid: To mutate creatures and get loads of extra damage
Purple Nymph: Anti-matter is an extremely useful card for healing yourself and slowing down the damage against you.
Bone Wall: Very helpful for extra protection. Excellent card to play just before using fire storm.
Elite Otyugh: This is really the backbone of any rainbow deck. They are awesome for killing lots of small creatures.
Gravity Nymph: Very helpful for healing especially for decks with lots of elements.
Pulveriser: Eternity is not needed as you’re never going to deck out with this deck. So and if you get out a PA'd pulveriser you can destroy any opponents that need their permanents.
Protect Artifact: To protect your permanents. You should use this mainly on your Pulveriser and your permafrost shield.
Feral Bond: Great for extra healing.
Fire Storm: Extremely helpful for gods that creature spam. Can be amazing when used in combination with bone wall while playing against firefly queen.
Permafrost Shield: Freezes creatures rendering them useless. The 2 damage protection is nice as well.
Ulitharid: Lobotomizing is very helpful especially against gods like Osiris who are dependent on creature skills.
Improved Miracle: Great against gods like scorpio who just mass damage you without using creatures (or gods using momentum.)
Elite Queen: Fireflies are great for damage and for mutation fodder.
Electrum Hourglass: With a huge deck like this drawing cards is essential to get to your important cards quickly.
Improved Steal: For stealing the FGs permanents... duh...
Phase Shield: Nice to stop a little bit of extra damage while waiting for you Permafrost Shield.
Quintessence: Great to use on Otyughs or nymphs or druids.
Aether Nymph: Über version of quintessence.

It would be great if Someone made a god by god breakdown. I wont have much internet access over the next few weeks so i dont have time to make one ):

My average over 57 games is 47% give or take a few percent. I'm pretty sure another 6% or so could be added by tweaking.
Thanks for reading and post comments below.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2012, 08:58:23 am by willng3 »

sSethia

Re: Nymph Rainbow! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8693.msg100989#msg100989
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2010, 08:22:40 pm »
Quote from: Daneman
So i was fiddling around with nymphs the other day and i thought. Why doesn't the standard FG deck include nymphs when they are some of the best creatures is the game? I know they are rare but players that are on 24/7 and have a lot of luck generally have some nymphs.
They are pretty powerful, but the reason not to use them is because they are too costly. For example, in your deck, I would replace the Aether Nymph for an Anubis. Better cost, more hp, and you have a :timemark.

By the way, 60-card decks usually need more stall, since they take longer to get their key cards.

I think you need to add:
6 Sundials
2 Hourglasses

And remove:
6 Supernovas
2 Quantum Towers

Lluis83

Re: Nymph Rainbow! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8693.msg101500#msg101500
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2010, 12:31:46 pm »
Hello Daneman.

The Gravity Nymph is great against rainbows in pvp but against false goods it doesn't worth , because there are only a few goods with quantum towers (chaos lord, rainbow) or with supernovas (destiny, dream catcher) and for rainbow, most games you are going to lose with or without gravity nymph. Destiny is easy enought, and against dream catcher, if you have all the quanta to play gravity nymph, it means that you can play two otys, that will be more effective to deal with his annoyng creatures. Only against Chaos Lord is a helpful card, so it is a pity but gravity nymph is better out.

Daneman

Re: Nymph Rainbow! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8693.msg102664#msg102664
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 04:30:33 am »
Hello Daneman.

The Gravity Nymph is great against rainbows in pvp but against false goods it doesn't worth , because there are only a few goods with quantum towers (chaos lord, rainbow) or with supernovas (destiny, dream catcher) and for rainbow, most games you are going to lose with or without gravity nymph. Destiny is easy enought, and against dream catcher, if you have all the quanta to play gravity nymph, it means that you can play two otys, that will be more effective to deal with his annoyng creatures. Only against Chaos Lord is a helpful card, so it is a pity but gravity nymph is better out.
Yeah i put the gravity nymph in but only as a late game card when i have the quanta and i already have one or two oty's out. Then you can often use the ability once per turn because you have lots of pillars. you can then heal 9 against a god with 3 types of quanta and against gods with 4 you can heal 12 damage per turn. It's really helpful against miracle because late game it can be hard keeping enough health against miracle when trying to kill her. So i guess the gravity nymph isn't the best card as its only situational. i will have a look to see what i can replace it with.
Quote from: Daneman
So i was fiddling around with nymphs the other day and i thought. Why doesn't the standard FG deck include nymphs when they are some of the best creatures is the game? I know they are rare but players that are on 24/7 and have a lot of luck generally have some nymphs.
They are pretty powerful, but the reason not to use them is because they are too costly. For example, in your deck, I would replace the Aether Nymph for an Anubis. Better cost, more hp, and you have a :timemark.

By the way, 60-card decks usually need more stall, since they take longer to get their key cards.

I think you need to add:
6 Sundials
2 Hourglasses

And remove:
6 Supernovas
2 Quantum Towers
Aether nymph has better damage only one higher cost and i use most of the time on the hourglasses anyway. It would often mean choosing between drawing cards or playing an anubis and i really dont want to do that. I'm kinda worried about taking out the supernovas as they can be very helpful at the beginning of the game letting you play cards earlier and something else important it gives you even quanta balance. Quantum towers often give you quanta that you don't want and don't give you quanta you want. Once i had 7 aether quanta and 31 death quanta after playing a bonewall and a boneyard. I hadn't played a single aether card yet but i had an aether nymph in my hand. a couple of supernovas would have helped :/
I'll wont have time to test it out as i have very limited internet time because i'm on holiday down under.

Offline Zeru

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Zeru is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • The meaning of life is to give life meaning.
Re: Nymph Rainbow! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8693.msg102739#msg102739
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 08:27:04 am »
-2 quantum towers + 2 hourglass

If you really want to have 30 cards to produce quanta, try dissipation field for protection.

Offline 1chase1997

• Reputation Power: 3
  • 1chase1997 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Nymph Rainbow! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8693.msg105835#msg105835
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2010, 09:38:13 pm »
this isnt that great of a deck

Lluis83

Re: Nymph Rainbow! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8693.msg105933#msg105933
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2010, 12:26:30 am »

It is a start, and can beat FG's.

Offline asymmetry

• Reputation Power: 11
  • asymmetry is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.asymmetry is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Immolating myself non-stop since 2012
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWinner of the Design a Forum Award competitionMake a Magazine 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card 1st Place
Re: Nymph Rainbow! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8693.msg107960#msg107960
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2010, 11:21:34 pm »

It is a start, and can beat FG's.
I wish my "start" involved 3 nymphs XD

Interesting deck, maybe a bit too expensive and not-so-accesible (I mean, 3 nymphs, come on) but seems capable of farming FGs :D
Let's see if the oracle gifts me an amber nymph, i'd love to give this a try :b
So, tell me my friend, what can you see? What comes into your mind as you breathe?
'cause I see colors flourishing like you'd never believe... like a pendulum swings, they swing with me!

Lluis83

Re: Nymph Rainbow! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=8693.msg108293#msg108293
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2010, 01:35:49 pm »
The amber nymphs is not needed, it only makes the deck worse.

anything
blarg: