*Author

PaulWog

Deck idea: Unique or no? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26585.msg337935#msg337935
« on: May 21, 2011, 11:19:08 am »

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u5 6u5 6u5 6u5 6u5 6u5 6ve 6ve 6ve 71a 71a 74f 7gs 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 7qb 7qb 7qb 7qb 7tb 8pj

Mark: Entropy

I'm trying to expand on this deck idea. In my initial testing, it has worked quite successfully. However against things like reverse time... not so much.

The idea is to get as consistent a play as possible. Hence the precognitions; they are in the deck solely to thin it out. Once a supernova is played, precognition is used. This effectively reduced the number of cards in the deck from 30 to 26, providing slightly more solid consistency.

Offline TheForbiddenOracle

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Deck idea: Unique or no? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26585.msg337939#msg337939
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2011, 11:30:25 am »
What's the mark?

PaulWog

Re: Deck idea: Unique or no? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26585.msg337943#msg337943
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2011, 11:33:42 am »
What's the mark?
Entropy. I didn't know how to add that into the picture, so it's written just below that.

Runs 3 entropy pendulums as well. Based on the mulligans, the deck tends to get a land 2 out of 3 games right away. Otherwise it's often likely it draws a land 2nd turn. In cases where a land isn't drawn it isn't always bad, but generally it's a tad bit worrisome.

Re: Deck idea: Unique or no? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26585.msg337972#msg337972
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 01:40:23 pm »
What's the mark?
Entropy. I didn't know how to add that into the picture, so it's written just below that.

Runs 3 entropy pendulums as well. Based on the mulligans, the deck tends to get a land 2 out of 3 games right away. Otherwise it's often likely it draws a land 2nd turn. In cases where a land isn't drawn it isn't always bad, but generally it's a tad bit worrisome.
1) they're called pillars. You play Magic?
2) where it says mark = MARK, you put in Entropy.

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Deck idea: Unique or no? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26585.msg338040#msg338040
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 04:41:13 pm »
To answer your question...
It's kinda unique, but not effective.
It might be able to be balanced to be stronger, but there are currently problems with it.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Deck idea: Unique or no? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26585.msg338041#msg338041
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 04:45:13 pm »
Why are there 10 weapons to 6 animate weapons? I'd take -1 or 2 discord and replace it with either other weapons for variety or something else.
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Whoopin

Re: Deck idea: Unique or no? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26585.msg338065#msg338065
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 05:27:30 pm »
Have you thought about gravity nymph or black hole to improve your quanta denial?

Also I agree that a better variety of weapons would help, Lobotomizer, Eternity, and pulverizer would be good subs for 3 of your Discords. Obviously tough you'd have to figure a better way of getting the Quanta to use them. 

PaulWog

Re: Deck idea: Unique or no? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26585.msg338211#msg338211
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 09:11:58 pm »
I should mention that it's not exactly helpful with people saying "the deck isn't effective" -- in my original post I already told you: I've been testing it, and it is very effective against many PVP opponents. The difficulty is it will lock itself up (having only 6 animate weapons).

However the constructive criticism is good. I think I've been given some decent ideas. As for the greater variety of weapons: The deck would have to change flavor if I did that. There's no way to fuel high-cost rainbow cards in this deck at all.

Thanks for the helpful input :)

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Deck idea: Unique or no? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26585.msg338221#msg338221
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 09:31:57 pm »
Are you sure it's very effective?
Here's some criticism if you want.

3 Pendulums is too unreliable for 15 entropy quanta. If you draw none in your hand, you will be outrushed by almost any deck. If you draw one, it will still take too long to play enough discords, especially with 4 precognitions to make you draw even more discords that you don't have the quanta to play. 6 discords is too much. Discord loses a lot of its effectiveness after you already have one in play. And it's a terrible attacker against rainbows, which are common in upped PvP. 2 cards and 4 quanta is not worth an upgraded creature with only 6 attack. Just 1 black hole isn't enough because they are amazing cards with discord and the quanta to play them. You have both, so why only one black hole? Poseidon needs 2 supernovas, and its effectiveness will be lessened because you might draw it too late in the game. 4 precogs are too much, especially when you badly need the quanta from your mark and pendulums. There are 10 weapons, which makes 2-3 of them useless. You have no use of air quanta, so I would upgrade 2-4 of the animate weapons. Flying arsenic is too slow with little stalling, especially against rainbow and immo.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline Ryli

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2017 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeIndium DonorArt Competition: Elemements
Re: Deck idea: Unique or no? https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=26585.msg338226#msg338226
« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 09:34:55 pm »
I'd go -2 discords +1 black hole +1 entropy pendulum. not a massive change, but you'll still get early discords, and you're chances of getting cards out a turn earlier go up.

anything
blarg: PaulWog