*Author

Active members:
kulssung(1) Avenger(1) Flobs(1) Richie(1) Cisco(1) Auhm(1) RedRevive(1) assassim(1) diviad(1) Wolfunit(1) Zac33333(1) Kamietsu(1) national_killer(1) ivalmian(1) kilava(1) Laxaria(1) joostyjuice(1) Fan of Rainbows(1) Reasoner(1) macgawel(1) Jumbalumba(1) Mrd3ath(1) MrBlonde(1) Tiedemanns(1) Rahlious(1) DaElf(1) Deep6er(1) Richy_Rich(1) got a wish(1) Jack D.(1) Hong Kong Villian(1) megaddar(1) Alyzia(1) vaen(1) Powerfrog(1) Lex(1) petercat(1) Frz(1) Zeru(1) darkfrogger(1) Mashimaro(1) askuriel(1) jtsarnak(1) massentropy(1) ahniwa(1) coinich(1) sinez(1) monkeytc(1) Rastafla(1) Patrick(1) loudog(1) Levgre(1) supimrichard(1) DietSnapple135(1) wassd13(1) Olidot(1) Brackets(1) dimondghost(1) Marvaddin(1) salsaheaven(1) Captaincatharsis(1) Gemelli(1) coRex(1) sixzerotwo(1) Shinigami679(1) o0Dinasty0o(1) Diadem(1) name1op(1) Qohelet(1) Robotocracy(1) erixe(1) Cronos988(1) 132jh(1) Dm1321(1) nite(1) Firefoxx(1) VeXuS(1) Midknight226(1) tristan(1) Ge0metry v1.2(1) xxxdeathxxx(1) wespebbles1(1) guy_fawkes(1) 1chase1997(1) Grantilis(1) foyra(1) The Raven(1) miniwally(1) DRROXO(1) RockTheHouse777(1) chadsky(1) LootPinata(1) bakanek0(1) Chaosnake(1) cookiepirate(1) Mantriel(1) kevinlaid1(1) hermantheowl(1) icer816(1) darksamurai(1) primarycolors(1) geekz_always_win(1) Panurge(1) 2004030(1) Mastermind79(1) theloconate(1) loran(1) ropo(1) accerat(1) BatCountry(1) gord42(1) Cgnu02(1) puppy33333(1) iglidich(1) zzz123(1) Shrink(1) pkubighead(1) VayeDarkfire(1) Lluis83(1) amber0101(1) Rodolfo(1) omegareaper7(1) nautilus-inkpen(1) etphonehome(1) Thiefboy109(1) Selvaria(1) fralarz(1) riraito(1) purewater156(1) willng3(1) vidurkhanna(1) ForgottenSoul21(1) ninetyfools(1) alboboy4444(1) Mallyce(1) ralouf(1) Chapuz(1) Absol(1) moosemunch(1) bobknows(1) Shyna(2) antara(2) BadWolfskin(2) DaMisa(2) bongoz(2) Seamless13(2) czah(2) Evermore(2) SushiP(2) xdude(2) Silence_011010701(2) Sastrugi(2) tylaris(2) Letter_K(2) Krzysiek K.(2) Urthor(2) Obscured(2) HorooIchigo(2) Drawckab(2) Paulussss(2) driwee(2) ninjak80(2) RageOfTheFallen(2) michael168(2) Kazeshini(2) Ayabi(2) RavingRabbid(2) Johnny COMBAT(2) elsfire(2) Darer(2) mrkeki(2) nilsieboy(2) thraexis11(2) agdhar(2) Ifailgood(2) ishu_bagaria(2) Corupt(2) TheOnlyNewb(2) TheCrazyMango(2) jumpoffduck(2) live-on.no-evil(2) agentflare(2) ayoth(2) Izzythemachine(2) rohlfo(2) ambyrjayde(2) TheIdioticIdiot(2) Aves(2) furballdn(2) Einstein Skw(2) AiBerry(3) Delreich(3) Alexfrog(3) ramones(3) Clathius(3) TheNemesis(3) iddypiper(3) Karilyn(3) Kazia0002(3) Alphyn(3) Ender241(3) Feor(3) killsdazombies(3) Rainmaker(3) bv23(3) Seiya(3) Kyo1995(3) The Emperor(3) Doichimaru(3) LongDono(3) joaopcl(3) caleron0(3) Vipy5(3) tegorter(3) JaguarLive(3) wespebbles50(3) joshiex29(3) Celidion(4) stinky472(4) mogv(4) 2 Sexy(4) Hobnob5000(4) ufcfan(4) wavedash(4) ellak96(4) azen186(4) Marcows(5) bigbadbanana(5) Kiros(5) zebala(5) johannhowitzer(5) tinkady(5) kitty45(5) kobisjeruk(5) TheForbiddenOracle(5) UserClone(5) Snowstorm(6) ddevans96(6) Blah11996(6) icybraker(7) Blues(7) funplay(9) russianspy1234(9) pikachufan2164(10) castroviz(10) sSethia(10) lawlmaster09(11) Bloodshadow(16) Scaredgirl(21) Retribution(24) jallenw(28) BluePriest(32)

Offline Wolfunit

• Reputation Power: 5
  • Wolfunit is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Kongregate Chat + Forums Moderator
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Scaredgirl's (almost) NON-UPGRADED False God Rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1615.msg16010#msg16010
« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2010, 01:07:24 am »
Farm till you get one btw get the other cards that you need and put them together,ok bongoz
Hello, If you're a active player on Kongregate and in need of help you can leave a message on my profile which is qazzaq123. :D

DaMisa

Re: Scaredgirl's (almost) NON-UPGRADED False God Rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1615.msg16279#msg16279
« Reply #37 on: January 09, 2010, 10:24:20 pm »
Woow i must take back my previous post. I eventually stopped making mistakes so much, I tweaked it with three supernovas and two Quintessences and started recording statistics.

In 100 false god challenges have won 35 times 30 being elemental masteries, won 16 cards, and defeated every god except Divine Glory, Obliterator and Rainbow. And I did not even try much to defeat them, I also most of the time didnt play with Graviton and hermes (All of the encounters are recorded in the statistic though). I totaly own fire queen and chaos lord.

I eventually added more cards, I think one more pillar one more hourglass, dissipation field which is surprisingly useful even though it doesnt much go with the logic of the deck. Now i am trying out to add one miracle and i am not really sure about it yet, although it did save my neck a few times. I even won my first and only game with that new God Elidnis. Seism isnt really that hard either. If anyone has any idea how to beat The three gods mentioned earlier with this deck i would be glad.

Alexfrog

Re: Scaredgirl's (almost) NON-UPGRADED False God Rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1615.msg18063#msg18063
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2010, 11:44:04 pm »
Scaredgirl, thank you very much for posting this decklist/strategy.

I started playing a couple weeks ago and tried several decks (Gravity with earth or fire, Firefly Queen/Empathic Bond, Mono-Aether), and they all beat level 3, did poorly against top50 or level 5 (~25-33% win), and couldnt beat the false gods.  Very difficult to get any upgrades that way.

I put together a version of this deck (all unupgraded), and started beating some of the false gods right away.  (Some destroy me, but enough are winnable to make it worth it, which should be the goal at first).

I dont have eternity so I am playing 15 more cards.  (I really need to get an eternity!)

Here are my thoughts for new players on what to upgrade first:

The #1 card to upgrade first should be Otyugh. He can kill a lot more when he starts at 5 than 3, allowing him to grow bigger. 

I actually started out by upgrading 4 Otyughs.  For a 55 card deck without Eternity, creature control is the #1 issue.  For a 40 card deck with Eternity, I would go with the standard 2 Otyughs.  (Thats 3 good creature control cards in 40 cards, 4 in 54).

The second card I upgraded was actually Supernova.  My biggest problem with this deck is speed.  I have the answers in my hand but no quantums to cast them. Dying with dissipation shield in hand, or bonewall + rain of fire, is very annoying.  So is not being able to play Oteugh soon enough to get it going.    QUantum Pillars/Towers arent all that reliable at giving you the right quantums for your answer in the early game.  Sometimes youll get the wrong ones.  With Supernova, all you need is 2 chaos, and then you get +2 of everything. 

I was using Novas in my 55 card version, and upgraded them next.  I found this speedup even more important than upgrading Hourglasses!  (Note: Upgraded hourglass might be more important for those with Eternity, however!). 

After Supernovas, the next step will be upgrading Hourglasses and Quantum Pillars, again you are goign for speed.  This deck, unupgraded, is pretty slow to get going.  Drawing supernovas early feels pretty key.

As to the cards to include, what are all of your thoughts on this?
Here are my thoughts:
Definitely 1 Boneyard, 1-2 Bonewall.  Bonewall is the most reliable shield and is amazing lategame.  It cant be stolen or removed.  I have had the AI use pulverizer to destroy one bonewall piece every turn, while ignoring my weapon and empathic bonds!  I use 2 Bonewall in my larger version. 
Boneyward is involved in your kill combo, and generates skeletons for you to mutate. 
1-2 Fallen Elf.  Fallen elf plays good defense as well as upgrading your skeletons and fireflies.  He is critical to the versatility of the deck.  I actually like unupgraded Fallen Elf early on (especially in the unupgraded version), as you can kill and downgrade enemy creatures.  I use two in my large version.
0 Maxwell's Demon.  The problem creatures are generally the ones that Otyugh cant kill, which are the high toughness ones.  Generally I found that Maxwell's demon felt inferior to either Fallen Elf or Otyugh.
0 Mind Flayer.  I found Mind Flayer to be worse than Otyugh/Fallen Elf.  He is cheaper, but he doesnt deal with as many problems.  If I had the water weapon that lobotimizes, I would definitely pick that over Mind Flayer.
1-2 Firefly Queen.  I use two in my large version, to go with two Fallen Elves.  This helps me to get them both earlier and begin mutating. 
1-2 Empathic Bond.  I use 2 in my large version. This gives you some chance against poison, and it results in Elemental Mastery cash bonus. 
1-2 Rain of Fire.  I have been using 2 but maybe it should be 1?  Against several of the Gods, drawing this in time is key to winning, such as Ferrox and Fire Queen.
6 Sundial.  Duh!
2-3 Steal.  I use 3 in my large version, its a key card for taking shields and weapons.  2 works as well, but it means you have to be more careful about how you spend them.  I actually beat rainbow by stealing his first two hourglasses! 
2-3 Dimensional Shield. 
4 Hourglass. 

Enchant Artifact:  I have not been using them (and automatically lose to Seism, clearly).  My thought is that if I included 1-2, they might help against Seism but would they do much of anything against most gods?  With my unupgraded deck, I would rather reliably beat some of the gods, than weaken myself against those to try to have a chance against Seism.

Am I being foolish here?  Will I really kill Seism very much if I put these in?  He seems almost impossible for the slow, unupgraded deck. 

Transcendance:  Would this help the deck?  While it seems like it would be great on an Otyugh, I also feel that I cant afford the Aether cost.  One struggle early on is often to survive until I have 6 aether quantums to play DImensional Shield!  I dont want to spend 4 on this.

Purify:  Against the two poison matchups, I'm not sure that this would really save me.  They tend to keep on piling up the poison forever.  Generally you either get your skeleton/firefly generation up in time, with empathic bonds, and live, or you

Weapons: Eternity is definitely the best. Other than that, Pulverizer is good (I use it to deny shields/weapons, and do things like kill all of Miracle's white towers to prevent the second miracle).  The water/lobotomizer, and air/Eagle eye are also good choices as they deal with creatures.

A couple other cards I have conseider but do not currently use are:
Some sort of Otyugh pump spell (Heavy Armor).  However this doesnt help against peopel who rewind your Otyugh.
Some sort of targetted creature removal, such as Rage Potion or Lightning.  These can bring a big creature down to Otyugh-eatable size, team up with Rain of Fire to kill something, etc.  However I think an Otyugh/Otyugh pump, or another Fallen Elf would be better.

I would start over and take eternity if I didnt have 10 upgraded cards already, it seems critical.  I need to find the best way to grind this thing.

stinky472

Re: Scaredgirl's (almost) NON-UPGRADED False God Rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1615.msg18108#msg18108
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2010, 09:07:46 am »
Enchant Artifact:  I have not been using them (and automatically lose to Seism, clearly).  My thought is that if I included 1-2, they might help against Seism but would they do much of anything against most gods?  With my unupgraded deck, I would rather reliably beat some of the gods, than weaken myself against those to try to have a chance against Seism.

Am I being foolish here?  Will I really kill Seism very much if I put these in?  He seems almost impossible for the slow, unupgraded deck. 
I've beat seism only two times with a slightly modified variant of this deck and both times included drawing enchant artifact early and using it on my pillars rather than eternity. When he can't destroy your pillars, he's not a tough god. One time he freaked me out by getting a pulverizer out but then I saw that he had no gravity to use it! I only have one enchant artifact, but having been considering a second one against not just seism but also rainbow, obliterator, and dg who like to explode/steal your stuff.

Purify:  Against the two poison matchups, I'm not sure that this would really save me.  They tend to keep on piling up the poison forever.  Generally you either get your skeleton/firefly generation up in time, with empathic bonds, and live, or you
Purify is a tough one since only Morte and Scorpio use poison. It's awfully useful against those gods, but being a card lacking generality and hence just taking up space and reducing odds of drawing other critical cards against the rest, I've chosen not to include it. Still it is so helpful against poison gods, especially Scorpio - difficult choice.

A couple other cards I have conseider but do not currently use are:
Some sort of Otyugh pump spell (Heavy Armor).  However this doesnt help against peopel who rewind your Otyugh.
Some sort of targetted creature removal, such as Rage Potion or Lightning.  These can bring a big creature down to Otyugh-eatable size, team up with Rain of Fire to kill something, etc.  However I think an Otyugh/Otyugh pump, or another Fallen Elf would be better.
For me I think quintessence is essential to my deck. I have 3 in there even though I have two elite otyughs, 1 fallen druid, and 1 ffq. The ffq always gets quintessence along with 1 otyugh, and I decide based on the game whether I need the fallen druid or the other otyugh to be protected (often it just depends on which comes first, but sometimes I need to devour more enemies like against incarnate if I was slow playing these and he got a lot of skeletons that I have to clean up).

As for boosts, I would rather use damage to get enemies to a size my otyugh can eat rather than boost my otyugh since something to damage creatures could also kill creatures without the otyugh and hence buy you a little more time. For that reason I have an eagle's eye in my deck which has saved my life a few times. Sometimes I'm considering including a fallen elf in my deck (I have a fallen druid) just because the former has a decent chance to turn the creature into an abomination (which isn't so bad) or kill the creature. With fallen druid you always get a mutant so using this on enemy creatures in hopes of being able to eat it with otyugh is risky (quite often the result was immaterial or had really high health and something horrible like a cheap steal or destroy or poison).

I've also been thinking of throwing in a good, persistent shield like jade shield or permafrost shield. I managed to get a couple of SOGs which are really useful given they take only 2 random quantums to buy me a little of the extra time which this deck really tends to need and being able to reduce damage early on for cheap would really help against gods like fire queen and ferox who tend to have a lot of low damage creatures unlike obliterator/seism (shriekers) or miracle (blessed dragons) until I can draw or get enough quantums to play phase shield or get enough creature control to get a bonewall that won't be shattered quickly.

Seamless13

Re: Scaredgirl's (almost) NON-UPGRADED False God Rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1615.msg18215#msg18215
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2010, 05:11:26 am »
Im new and saw this thread.I used the old 54 card version of this deck.I still use it as I prefer it to the smaller deck.I also added a couple cards.Aflatoxin on a skeleton if kept alive can fill your field.Remember using the old one it had owls eye.Some people complained about Malignant cells being hard to control.But using them with oty and bonewall is brilliant.Using your owls eye to kill them to make room for your other monsters such as fallen druid and using mutate on them.Once one dies eating another with oty will let boneyard fill that space.Infact with upgraded boneyard with elite skeletons makes the deck better and its much easier to use un upgraded.Because it has plate armor a none upgraded oty can be much more effective.I dont think the other new cards help out to much except maybe Lucifierin because you will have skeletons.But thats on you.Anyone else have success with that slight change to the old deck?

Alexfrog

Re: Scaredgirl's (almost) NON-UPGRADED False God Rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1615.msg18306#msg18306
« Reply #41 on: January 18, 2010, 01:55:43 am »
I added quintessence and they seem critical.  They save you in many situations where it keeps your Otyugh alive.

I got an Eternity and its very useful, I still find that I like the ~54 card version better than 40, even with Eternity.  Lets me have 2 of certain things so that I can use one early and not worry if it gets removed.

Offline Zac33333

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Zac33333 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • I love Aether, like I'm Icybraker.
Re: Scaredgirl's (almost) NON-UPGRADED False God Rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1615.msg18440#msg18440
« Reply #42 on: January 19, 2010, 12:15:35 am »
Would this work fully NONupgraded for us poor noobs? And would miracle be a good addition?

Seamless13

Re: Scaredgirl's (almost) NON-UPGRADED False God Rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1615.msg18493#msg18493
« Reply #43 on: January 19, 2010, 06:54:54 am »
Would this work fully NONupgraded for us poor noobs? And would miracle be a good addition?
Well seeing as how there isnt much in the deck thatuses light quanta Im assuming miracle would be an amazing addition. ^^

Scaredgirl

Re: Scaredgirl's (almost) NON-UPGRADED False God Rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1615.msg18498#msg18498
« Reply #44 on: January 19, 2010, 08:44:51 am »
Well seeing as how there isnt much in the deck thatuses light quanta Im assuming miracle would be an amazing addition. ^^
Sundials use some and non-upgraded Miracle costs 12 (or 15). You will probably be dead a long time before you can use it.

I haven't had time to test this deck with new cards. Only one I have tested it with was Quintessence and yes, it's a must-have card on this deck (like someone suggested earlier on this thread). I suggest everyone to try it out.

Offline Kamietsu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: Scaredgirl's (almost) NON-UPGRADED False God Rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1615.msg18499#msg18499
« Reply #45 on: January 19, 2010, 08:54:35 am »
I found miracle to be a great addition when i used this deck. Yeah, it will take awhile to gather the quanta, but it can really be the different between a flat out loss and a win.
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Scaredgirl

Re: Scaredgirl's (almost) NON-UPGRADED False God Rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1615.msg18510#msg18510
« Reply #46 on: January 19, 2010, 11:02:20 am »
I found miracle to be a great addition when i used this deck. Yeah, it will take awhile to gather the quanta, but it can really be the different between a flat out loss and a win.
Non-upgraded deck? Without Supernovas?

Alexfrog

Re: Scaredgirl's (almost) NON-UPGRADED False God Rainbow https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=1615.msg18557#msg18557
« Reply #47 on: January 19, 2010, 05:50:07 pm »
On Miracle: I added (Improved) Miracle once I finally got one, but by then I had some upgraded towers and 4 supernovas.  I find that it contributes to more frequent elemental masteries in your wins, and it has won me a couple games against the poison gods, giving me a few more turns to get enough skeletons/fireflies that feral bond can heal me more than the poison.

Quintessence definitely upped my win rate.  Against certain gods you just cant keep an Otyugh around without it, but with it you shut them down.  For example: Fire Queen, Incarnate, both poison FGs.  All of these have small creatures that you need to eat, but would kill, shrink, lobotomize, or freeze your Otyugh.  I am debating 2 vs 3 quintessences for my large (55 card) version.

blarg: