*Author

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg385400#msg385400
« Reply #96 on: August 27, 2011, 04:07:29 pm »
Quanta is never an issue late-game unless you're playing denial FG's. Scarabs are a valid target if Osiris is too slow, and Pests are a popular way to own Decay; quite feasible.

Paradox and Miracle also have reflective shields. Fractal is -never- pointless, as high damage spikes can -always- be used to gain the upper hand, and most FG's have good targets (depending on your quanta).
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline Xenocidius

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Xenocidius is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Fear the Darkness ...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeFavorite Community Member of 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Design a Competition Competition
Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg385600#msg385600
« Reply #97 on: August 27, 2011, 11:19:49 pm »
Quanta is never an issue late-game unless you're playing denial FG's. Scarabs are a valid target if Osiris is too slow, and Pests are a popular way to own Decay; quite feasible.

Paradox and Miracle also have reflective shields. Fractal is -never- pointless, as high damage spikes can -always- be used to gain the upper hand, and most FG's have good targets (depending on your quanta).
How are Scarabs a valid target? Unless you manage to somehow get 9 :aether and a lot of :time before he brings out his Scarabs, as well as having a mostly empty hand, he'll either eat them immediately or produce Scarabs faster than you can eat them, and ultimately eat yours. Plus, you need the :time for Hourglasses and :gravity for Pulverizer.

Anyway, I just find a third Quintessence more useful than a Fractal when using Air Nymph.
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg385604#msg385604
« Reply #98 on: August 27, 2011, 11:34:24 pm »
You obviously only do it if you don't need HG's, and the other condition, which I mentioned, is that Osiris is slow. In other words, if he plays one or two Pharaohs and no Eternity, you can easily eat the Scarabs that come out, and then the Pharaohs. Sometimes you get to deny him of quanta with Pulvy as well, which will slow-roll his cards, and AM's can kill his Pharaohs off since he Catapults them.

This is all pretty obvious, and under the label of "sometimes" as pika formulated it. These moments of course add up when you measure FG by FG and have a certain impact on winrate. Not as much as the ridiculous burst of damage you get for one card, or the increased ability to counter Miracle/slower healing/CC, of course, but still worth mentioning.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

wavedash

Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg385662#msg385662
« Reply #99 on: August 28, 2011, 04:33:44 am »
I'd rather have Mindgate than Fractal. But even after switching, I cut that out and just use the two Quints.

Offline hainkarga

• Reputation Power: 25
  • hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.hainkarga is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerRent a deck - WinnerWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWinner of Sideboard #3 PvP Event
Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg385763#msg385763
« Reply #100 on: August 28, 2011, 12:49:35 pm »
- nymphs. If you have any, go nuts.
~~~
I listened to this advice and have been testing various nymphs for several hours since i had a bunch of those. Tried earth nymph which is really good for CC but racing with lava golem for earth quanta (and i guess octopus is just better). I hesitated to remove golems since my other damage resource was blue nymph that could have troubles against reflecting shield FGs. Tried adding 2, then 1 gravity nymphs but they are rather slow and racing with pulvy. Death nymph is rather dull, light / life nymphs doesn't suit the deck, golden nymphs sounded good and i had 2 of those but i didn't bother since its cost & effect are expensive for CCYB, fire nymph could be nice to boost my golems but then again they are quinted, it could be situationally good to kill enemy creatures. I would use entropy nymph if i had one for sure.

So i used:
- Aether nymph to support all other creatures and she has a fair amount of AP. Also protects antimattered enemy creatures if the FG is able to get rid of them.
- Black nymph to use as a cool combo damage source with AM and she is awesome for removing undesired abilities from enemy creatures. Can also use on your own golem after growing it fairly if you take a lot of damage (ferox ie).
- Air nymph as a cannon. And her unstable gases act as a protection for your other permanents against PC FGs.
- I think entropy nymph would be useful but i don't have any. Could just remove some AMs from the deck and put a nymph instead. Creates a havoc with black nymph.
- Fire nymph is also fair enough to kill enemy creatures and to boost golems.

Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
5p0 5v8 62c 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6qq 6rn 6rn 6rn 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u3 6u7 6u7 6u7 77f 77i 7dq 7dq 7gp 7gp 7gq 7k6 7k6 7q5 7q5 80h 80h 8pj
Meritocratic Technocracy

Offline TStar

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 29
  • TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.TStar is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Highly Overrated
  • Awards: Beginners League 3/2011 WinnerKing of Underworld - War #4Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg386838#msg386838
« Reply #101 on: August 30, 2011, 06:17:46 pm »
Fractal seems somewhat pointless without FFQ.
Fractal is the single most important card in the deck simply because of how many different ways it can be used.
1) Fractal allows you to set up your final turn perfectly for easy EM's.  That's because your weapon damage occurs after any first-row Perm healing.
2) Fractal is great to use on critters in elements you don't have much use for, namely :light :darkness :death :life etc.  I've pulled off several 8 turn wins against Ferox using an early Fractal on a Frog for example.
3) Fractal lets you get useful CC type critters to use against FGs, like Oty Ulitharid Maxwell's

Just a quick example of how I like to use my Fractal against each FG:
Akebono:  Usually never get around to using it, but if I can I use it as soon as possible on a Destroyer to get damage out faster.  Often times it takes too long to get 11 :air needed to get out the nymph + UG so I don't even bother planning for it.
Chaos Lord:  If I can't get a Pulvy out protected I like to Fractal the Werewolves.  They do wonders at helping to tear down Diss Field and as a fun bonus the AI loves to use Improve on 6|6 Werewolves often giving me some very useful critters.
Dark Matter:  If the AI plays out a nymph I'll save a Quint and Fractal an Oty to devour his field with.  It's quite fun.
Destiny:  Who cares, you don't even need to Fractal to win this one.  Occasionally I'll Fractal a Maxwell's if there are some good targets for me to go after.
Divine Glory:  Fractal a Destroyer, assuming I live long enough to even worry about it.
Dream Catcher:  Ideally I like to Fractal the Physalia but with all the BH's and QS's and the BE spam on pillars I generally find myself using it on Micro Aboms since that's all I have quanta to play out.
Elidnis:  Save a Quint, Fractal an Ulitharid.  Piece of cake.
Eternal Phoenix:  Fractal on his MPs to draw out CC and give me a repeatable source of damage.
Ferox:  Fractal on the Frogs is very effective.  Late game using it on the Dragons is fun too.
Fire Queen:  Pretty much use it on anything you want.
Gemini:  UG is great here so I usually don't bother using it except to set up for the EM.
Graviton:  Does it really matter?  HP too high for Otys and Firemasters gets RoF'd and eaten.  Generally just use it for a final burst.
Hecate:  PA your Permafrost and then Fractal the Voodoo Dolls with the Eclipse out.  Makes for lots of fun and free damage when you pop UGs
Hermes:  Can you Fractal PA Dim Shields?  No?  Good luck surviving long enough for it to matter then.
Incarnate:  Fractal Vampires is fun for tearing down Bone Walls. Same with Elite Skeletons.
Jezebel:  Destroyers usually.  Depends alot on what she has on the field.
Lionheart:  Usually Fractal for a final burst simply because unless you can deny :aether grabbing Scarabs or Pharaohs is pointless.
Miracle:  Fractal a Pegasus and then wait and use their Dive for a huge final burst.
Morte:  Fractal a Condor then pop all your UGs and finish him off with 8 20+ attack condors for the OTK.
Neptune:  Generally I find hitting the Abyss Crawlers to be the best choice.
Obliterator:  Fractal for the final EM burst on whatever.
Octane:  Doesn't matter much once you PA a Pulvy isn't pretty much an autowin.
Osiris:  Hit a Scarab early if you can, otherwise save it up for the final push.
Paradox:  Usually save it for late game Destroyer Fractal
Rainbow:  Auto-quit.  Really is no Fractal use I've found that's helpful against the mass PC spamming.
Scorpio:  Save a Quint and Fractal an Ulitharid.  Coupled with the Purify in the deck and the Permafrost you can effectively lock down his ability to rack up fast poison.
Seism:  Depends on your quanta.  I like to hit Steel Golems if I can but I've used it on Gemfinders before just to keep the :earth rolling in for Destroyer growth.
Serket:  It's fun to Fractal his Deathstalkers and troll him back.
Carpe Diem!!

Offline Jocko

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Jocko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeHoliday Fun Redux! Winner
Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg388754#msg388754
« Reply #102 on: September 04, 2011, 03:58:46 am »
Fractaling early scarabs against pharaoh is incredibly fun. Oty's are good too, but since they are expensive, and most of the times you only need one or two, i don't do that much.

Offline Gocubbies1212

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Gocubbies1212 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Gocubbies1212 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Proudly took 4th place in CL 2010
Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg389442#msg389442
« Reply #103 on: September 05, 2011, 07:36:06 pm »
I would consider +1 Jade Shield and -1 SoG (if you draw the Jade shield, you have almost 100% chance to beat octane
[02:20:36] jmdt: i think gocubbies will win the underworld tourny
I failed to account for the gocubbies factor. - Boingo
I like to make flying weapons decks.

Offline siriosirio

• siriosirio is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.siriosirio is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • tonight
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg389450#msg389450
« Reply #104 on: September 05, 2011, 07:48:27 pm »
I would consider +1 Jade Shield and -1 SoG (if you draw the Jade shield, you have almost 100% chance to beat octane
you kann allways modify the deck at the best after oracle prediction  ;)

James Abrams

Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg391412#msg391412
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2011, 10:42:54 pm »
So I noticed in the guide it says (referring to Hecate) "He can be nasty". Hecate is a female.  :P

Offline Gocubbies1212

• Gocubbies1212 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Gocubbies1212 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Proudly took 4th place in CL 2010
Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg405980#msg405980
« Reply #106 on: October 07, 2011, 08:41:07 pm »
any updates to the current version due to the update?  there's tons less healing now...
[02:20:36] jmdt: i think gocubbies will win the underworld tourny
I failed to account for the gocubbies factor. - Boingo
I like to make flying weapons decks.

Offline TheForbiddenOracle

• Reputation Power: 21
  • TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TheForbiddenOracle is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: (1.272) Evaluation of Contemporary CCYB - statistics and farming guide https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=25878.msg405983#msg405983
« Reply #107 on: October 07, 2011, 08:48:06 pm »
any updates to the current version due to the update?  there's tons less healing now...
IMO SoGs are no longer viable as healing, 5 Sancs should be able to work even without a :light mark (though obviously not as effective as before).

anything
blarg: hainkarga