*Author

Offline majofaTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: PvP World Championship 2016 - TOP 8 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63697.msg1252834#msg1252834
« Reply #24 on: December 05, 2016, 03:03:22 pm »
Still waiting on the Afdarenty/dragonsdemesne final game.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: PvP World Championship 2016 - TOP 8 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63697.msg1252856#msg1252856
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2016, 12:39:52 am »
I'll have to speak with Afdarenty on the scheduling.  He's been really busy with War, so his schedule is a lot tighter than mine is.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: PvP World Championship 2016 - TOP 8 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63697.msg1253066#msg1253066
« Reply #26 on: December 09, 2016, 01:04:42 am »
afdarenty 4
dragonsdemesne 3

We played the last game.  1 tower drawn the entire game with 13/30 in the deck for me gives afdarenty the win :p

Offline Afdarenty

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Afdarenty is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Kong name is MPots
  • Awards: 2016 - PvP World ChampionWar #11 - Sportsmanship Award11th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWar #10 Winner - Team AirWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of Air2013 - PvP World ChampionChampionship League 1/2014 1st PlaceSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerThird Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: PvP World Championship 2016 - TOP 8 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63697.msg1253067#msg1253067
« Reply #27 on: December 09, 2016, 01:15:10 am »
Afdarenty 4 - 3 dragonsdemesne

About as bad a draw for dragons as was possible. Mine wasn't great, but much much better than that.

Sorry for the delay, everyone, time zones playing havoc during a very busy period for me.

Offline majofaTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 90
  • majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.majofa is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: Forum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardForum Brawl #4 WinnerROCK-PAPER-SCISSORS-LIZARD-SPOCK Bazinger2012 - PvP World ChampionSapphire Shard of PvP Events6th Trials - Master of WaterCard Idea Decks - Space CreaturesBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksWinner of 12 Lives - PvP Event #2Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerPvP Player of the Year - 2011Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of Raise the Stakes PvP Event #14th Trials - Master of LightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #3 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerVictor of the 1st Card Design War24 Club - Most Expensive Players during War AuctionWinner of Team PvP #3Weekly Tournament WinnerWinner of 12 Lives PvP Event #1Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: PvP World Championship 2016 - TOP 8 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63697.msg1253068#msg1253068
« Reply #28 on: December 09, 2016, 01:59:06 am »
Ok, everyone, feel free to post your decks.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
Re: PvP World Championship 2016 - TOP 8 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63697.msg1253070#msg1253070
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2016, 02:51:52 am »
Spoiler for decks:
Game 1  WIN
AIR nymph gas vs catatitans GRAVITY/AIR
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4sr 4sr 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5oc 5om 5om 5om 5om 5om 5oo 5oo 5oo 5oo 5oo 5p0 5p0 5p0 7ms 7ms 7n5 7n5 8po

Good start vs 2 pillar draw by afda + he had no catapult

Game 2 LOSS
EARTH monoearth pulvy vs monoEARTH pulvy
4sm 4sm 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58o 58v 58v 58v 593 593 593 59c 59c 59c 5aa 5aa 77a 77a 77a 77a 77a 77a 78q 78q 8pl
He gets a much better draw; no chance

Game 3 LOSS
LIGHT/WATER stall vs WATER/LIFE squid/SoP/nymph druidstaff
4sp 4sp 4sq 4sq 5i8 5i8 5i8 5i8 5i8 5i8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5l8 5lh 5lh 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5lm 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 5mq 7gr 7gr 7gr 7gr 7gr 7gr 7k0 7k0 7k2 7k2 7k2 7k2 8pp

Lost coin toss, so he gets first squid out; I bolt it, but have 1 quanta short to be able to play my own and use it; he plays 2nd squid and SoP same turn so I can't bolt it

Game 4 WIN
GRAVITY/WATER/AIR vs LIFE/LIGHT/WATER mitorol/rustler/SoP
55s 55s 55s 55s 55s 55s 561 561 561 561 5i7 5i7 5i7 5i7 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 744 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 7n2 8pp

I didn't take any notes here, but I remember it being fairly one-sided.

Game 5 LOSS
EARTH/GRAVITY otyughs vs EARTH/LIGHT blessed wardens
4sl 4sl 55k 55k 55k 55k 55k 58v 58v 58v 744 744 744 744 748 748 74b 74b 74b 74b 74b 74b 74i 74i 75m 75m 75m 75m 77d 77d 8pm

Lost toss again, he gets warden out one turn before my oty, didn't have enough quanta

Game 6 WIN via afdarenty using illegal deck.
LIFE mitodragon vs monogravity
5c9 5c9 5c9 5c9 5c9 5c9 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ac 7ad 7ad 7ad 7ad 7ad 7ad 8pn

I have to take a guess as to whether I will face gravity or air; it's a 50/50.  I guess wrong.  Turn 2 gravity shield, I concede.  Afdarenty's deck turns out to be illegal after review.

Game 7 LOSS
LIGHT vs AIR
5ls 5ls 6rr 6rr 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jo 7jr 7jr 7jr 7jr 7jr 7jr 7jt 7jt 7k2 7k2 7k5 7k5 7k5 8pr

1 pillar in opening hand.   Never drew another one the entire game.  R.I.P.  Fortunately, I'd already accepted that I'd lost this match, so this wasn't much of a disappointment; I'm in the same place I was before :p

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: PvP World Championship 2016 - TOP 8 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63697.msg1253075#msg1253075
« Reply #30 on: December 09, 2016, 03:40:55 am »
Whoo! Decks posted.

Uh. Not to be a spoilsport, but... your g7 deck is illegal, dragonsdemesne. Limit 3 monos per match, and I believe that's your 4th?
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Offline deuce22

• Master of Aether
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • never trust a badger
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of Aether10th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of Aether2014 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of AetherWinner of Team PvP #6War #7 Winner - Team Aether7th Trials - Master of AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: PvP World Championship 2016 - TOP 8 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63697.msg1253077#msg1253077
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2016, 04:20:12 am »
Whoo! Decks posted.

Uh. Not to be a spoilsport, but... your g7 deck is illegal, dragonsdemesne. Limit 3 monos per match, and I believe that's your 4th?

he lost that game anyway

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
Re: PvP World Championship 2016 - TOP 8 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63697.msg1253078#msg1253078
« Reply #32 on: December 09, 2016, 04:48:54 am »
No, because the elements from game 6 were counted as 'not used' due to afdarenty's deck being illegal for too many upgrades.  It still doesn't matter, since I lost anyway.

Offline Aves

• Competition Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 43
  • Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Aves soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • ~Lorem Ipsum Dolor Sit Amet~
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeBest Looking Forum Profile Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripSilver DonorBattle League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWinner of Card Design War #3Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2016 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: PvP World Championship 2016 - TOP 8 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63697.msg1253081#msg1253081
« Reply #33 on: December 09, 2016, 04:55:07 am »
Ah, right. Makes sense now.
:darkness War # 4, 9, 10
:darkness League of Shadows :darkness Brawl # 5

The Tentacle's Grip Brawl # 6

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: PvP World Championship 2016 - TOP 8 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63697.msg1253088#msg1253088
« Reply #34 on: December 09, 2016, 11:43:42 am »
TheonlyrealBeef 3 - 4 deuce22
Close games, bunch of rng, no regrets/bad feeling about this match save for game 7 (all my fault).

G1 Entropy Water Life LOSS
Spoiler for Hidden:
4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4sa 4vh 4vh 4vh 4vh 4vh 4vh 5bu 5bu 5c5 5i5 5i5 5if 5if 6u0 6u0 6u0 7al 8pj

TRIO POWER!!! It was kind of a silly deck, wasn't too far from winning thanks to deuces late Nymphs, but I did not get enough damage in time before Squids. Mind Flayers never showed. Early Poseidon was the real killer.
G2 Death LOSS
Spoiler for Hidden:
4sk 52g 52g 52g 52g 52g 52q 52q 52q 52r 52r 52r 52t 52t 52t 52t 534 542 542 542 542 542 713 713 713 713 713 713 718 718 8pk

Don't remember specifics, think deuce played a Fire deck? Was pretty close, killing by one turn with exact damage or something, but in the end I put up my Bone Wall a bit too late, allowing Fahren to do a significant amount of damage.
G3 Entropy WIN
Spoiler for Hidden:
4sj 4vc 4vc 4vc 4vc 4ve 4ve 4vf 4vf 4vf 4vl 4vn 4vn 50u 50u 50u 50u 50u 6ts 6ts 6ts 6tv 6tv 6tv 6u5 6u5 6u5 6ve 6ve 6ve 8pj

Discord scrambled away deuces Entropy quanta even after a lot of SN spam, preventing his AMs from coming out. How awesome is that?
G4 Fire Aether LOSS
Spoiler for Hidden:
4so 4so 4su 5f0 5f6 5f6 5f6 5gi 5gi 61o 622 622 622 63a 7dg 7dg 7dp 7dp 7dp 7ds 7ds 7ds 7ds 7ds 7ds 7f2 7f2 7f2 80i 80i 8pu

Lost by a turn or so, Pande OP.
G5 Death Water WIN
Spoiler for Hidden:
4sk 52g 52g 52g 52g 52q 52q 52q 5i8 5i8 5i8 710 710 710 710 710 710 718 718 718 718 718 718 71b 71b 71b 71b 7h3 7h3 7h3 7h3 8pp

Unexpected Dry Bones made me win thanks to the element of surprise.
G6 Fire Life WIN
Spoiler for Hidden:
5bs 5bs 5cg 5cg 5de 5de 7ac 7ac 7ad 7ad 7ae 7ae 7ae 7ae 7ae 7ae 7ak 7ak 7ak 7al 7al 7bu 7bu 7dm 7dm 7dm 7dm 7f2 7f2 7f2 8pn

Another unexpected deck it would seem, won with 4 hp remaining despite losing coin toss.
G7 Aether LOSS
Spoiler for Hidden:
4su 624 624 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 808 80a 80a 80a 80a 80a 80a 80j 80j 80j 80j 80j 80j 81q 81q 81q 81q 81q 81q 8pk

Trying to out-think the Master of Aether by using an Aether Mono vs an Aether/Death duo seemed nigh impossible...
I kept switching up ideas: Recluse Rush to beat a dedicated Dim Shield bypass rush? The plain old Psiontal deuce would likely see coming but that was most versatile? I was at a loss and kept switching as I waited for deuce to finalize his deck. Eventually I picked this: it would fare well against many Death Mark duos. Alas, deuce chose Death Pends with Aether Mark, causing me to flood in Death quanta while being short on Aeher. Had I learned the deck he was playing in time I would have saved up my Silences and won. But all that is retrospect: the enormous disadvantage of Mindgate is that it does not let you see the opponents' current hand, nor the general strategy behind the deck without some insane skills. Indeed, I'd say Mindgate may well be the hardest card to use in the game, and my arrogance (assuming I would be able to use it correctly) became my downfall.

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: PvP World Championship 2016 - TOP 8 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63697.msg1253089#msg1253089
« Reply #35 on: December 09, 2016, 12:18:28 pm »
JonathanCrazyJ 4 - 2 rob77dp

Spoiler for decks:

G1: WIN
590 590 590 590 590 593 593 593 593 593 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5aa 5rk 5rk 5rk 5rk 5ro 5ro 5s4 5s4 78q 78q 78q 78q 8ps

Lots of time quanta against ghostmare, but was still close after nightmare

G2: WIN
590 590 590 590 5f6 5f6 5fa 5fa 5fa 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5gi 5gi 5gi 61p 61p 61p 61p 61p 61p 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7dp 7ds 7ds 8pm

Beat Dragon Devtal by 1 turn after poor start but good topdecks

G3: WIN
5f0 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f4 5f6 5f6 5f6 5f7 5f7 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5fc 5gi 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7dg 7f2 7f2 7f2 7f2 7f2 7f2 8po

Illegal deck from rob, won anyway by drawing 5 bolts for 5 CC creatures, and topdecking damage to win by a turn

G4: LOSS
61o 61o 61q 61q 61q 61q 61u 61u 622 622 622 622 63a 63a 808 808 808 808 808 80g 80g 80l 80l 80l 80l 81q 81q 81q 81q 81q 8pu

Only drew one bolt (and no lobo), lost by 1 turn.

G5: LOSS
5i5 5i5 5i5 5i5 5i5 5i5 5i8 5i8 5j2 5j2 5j2 5j2 5ib 5ib 5ib 5ib 5ib 5ib 6r9 6r9 7gk 7gk 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 8pk

Lockdown early, win! Thought is was 2 upgrades for a shard, not 3, so I won the game but it was illegal

G6: WIN
5i4 5i4 5ie 5ie 5ie 5ie 6r9 6r9 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gk 7gm 7gm 7gm 7gm 7h0 7i6 7i6 7i6 7i6 7t9 7t9 7t9 7t9 7tb 7tb 7th 7th 8pt

Can't remember what happened, but toadmare!
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

anything
blarg: Hyroen