Poll

Can we expect you to the tournament?

Yes, this time is usually good for me.
6 (35.3%)
Yes, but usually this time is not good for me.
0 (0%)
No, but the time is usually good for me.
2 (11.8%)
No, this time is usually not good for me at all.
3 (17.6%)
I don't know, but the time seems good on average.
5 (29.4%)
I don't know, but this time is usually not good for me.
1 (5.9%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: September 26, 2014, 05:51:18 pm

*Author

Offline SpikeSpiegelTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of TimeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of TimeMS Paint Card Art #3 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 3rd Place
Weekly Tournament - September 27th - Elementstone - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55856.msg1156887#msg1156887
« on: September 23, 2014, 05:10:10 pm »
What? Elementstone?

Weekly Tournament - September 27th - Elementstone - Upgraded
It's Heartstone in EtG. Organizers: Higurashi, Submachine, Dm1321, SpikeSpiegel or dawn to dusk

When?
To find out your local time, check this link:
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?msg=Elementstone&iso=20140927T14&p1=1440

Where?
Please enter the Tournament room at least 15 minutes before the tournament starts.
Click "Rooms" in the top left to find it.

Rules
Please read the PvP Tournament rules carefully before signing up.

Prizes
1st7,000 electrum + Nymph/Mark + Trophy (Forum Icon)
2nd5,000 electrum + Nymph/Mark
3rd4,000 electrum
4th3,000 electrum
5th2,000 electrum
6th1,000 electrum

Players who lose their quarterfinal (Top 8) matches will compete for the 5th and 6th place prizes in a mini-tournament. Prize-eligible players (namely, ones in the top 8) who leave the tournament without notifying the Tournament Organizer of their intent are considered to have forfeited their match, and also their prize.

Spoiler for Diagram Legend:
Diagram Legend
Black lines and text represent the brackets.
Red arrows represent 'dropping' into a different part of the bracket.
Blue arrows and text explain which battles are taking place in that part of the bracket.

NOTE: Players with fewer than 10 forum posts are not allowed to enter tournaments. Spamming low-quality posts to reach the minimum post count needed to participate will not be tolerated.

Special Rules
  • Always read the second post! It contains equally important information most of the time.
  • Upgraded cards are allowed but not necessary.
  • Quantum pillar/Quantum Tower is the only kind of pillar/tower allowed.
  • Pendulums, Shard of Focus, Shard of Patience, Graboid, Earthquake, Trident, Black Hole, Amber Nymph and their upgraded versions are banned.
  • Each deck can contain max 2 copies of each non-rare card.
  • Each deck can contain max 1 copy of each rare/ultra rare card.
  • You may only use spells and permanents that come from the same element as your mark.
  • Deck size must be of 30 cards.

Special thanks to OdinVanguard for coming up with this idea.

Tournament Organizer Note

If you think that there is an overpowered card that should be banned, don't say it publicly in the comments. Instead, send them to SpikeSpiegel, Dm1321, Submachine and dawn to dusk who will privately discuss whether the card is really OP or not.

Congratulations for the winners!

Supreme Champion: deuce22
Worthy Adversary: pwconfirm
Maybe Next Time: xn0ize
4th place: rem4life
5th place: rob77dp
6th place: Afdarenty

« Last Edit: April 06, 2016, 01:16:36 am by MeowMeowCat »
Game questions? Go FAQ yourself!
Forum questions? Go FAQ yourself, again!

• Legendary Member
  • SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of TimeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of TimeMS Paint Card Art #3 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Weekly Tournament - September 27th - Elementstone - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55856.msg1156888#msg1156888
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 05:10:24 pm »
Deck Checker for the tournament: Soon!TM
Special thanks to serprex and Fippe94 for creating this tool and the ruleset checker.

TOURNAMENTS FAQ

Q: What cards are non-rares?
A: Every card you can buy in the bazaar; don't tell me you need a deck image here with all common cards...

Q: What cards are rares/ultra rares?
A: Every card with 2 or 3 commas in the upper-left corner of the card.

Spoiler for allowed rares/ultrarares:
Hover over cards for details, click for permalink
Deck import code : [Select]
4sj 4sk 4sl 4sm 4sn 4so 4sp 4sq 4sr 4ss 4st 4su 4vl 500 50a 52q 534 53e 55s 58v 59c 5c5 5cg 5cq 5f7 5fk 5fu 5io 5lh 5ls 5m6 5ol 5p0 5pa 5ro 5s4 5se 5ur 5v8 5vi 61u 62c 62m 5ib 5li 5rs

Q: Mark cards are considered ultrarares?
A: Mark cards ARE ultrares cards. It means that you can have only 1 copy of them in your deck.

Q: Ah! I won't use Quantum Towers! I won 100 tourneys and I've tons of Mark cards, I'm gonna use all of them!
A: Dang! You can't. Since mark cards are ultrarare permanents, you can use only 1 mark card in your deck, matching your deck's mark.

Q: Can I use, in the same deck, 2 copies of an unupped common card and 2 copies of the same card, but upped?
A: No, you can't. It's the same card limit for upped and unupped.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2014, 08:57:37 am by Submachine »

Offline Vangelios

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • War Hardcore Player
  • Awards: War #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2015 3rd PlaceForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 3/2013 WinnerBattle League 2/2013 Second PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2013 3rd PlaceBattle League 3/2012 Winner
Re: Weekly Tournament - September 27th - Elementstone - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55856.msg1156954#msg1156954
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 12:23:36 am »
In the my birthday :), then I don't know if will have time
Brawl - 4 :fire Red Stars
The luck is much Greater, when there effort and patience.

Offline CCCombobreaker

• Reputation Power: 16
  • CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.CCCombobreaker is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Sometimes still here...
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerScreenshot #3 Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Weekly Tournament - September 27th - Elementstone - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55856.msg1156959#msg1156959
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 01:54:43 am »
Elemenstone Rule
Quantum pillar/Quantum Tower is the only kind of pillar/tower allowed.

From main Tournament Rules:
4.1 - Pillars, Pendulums and Standalone Mark cards
Every Pillars and Pendulums are always allowed in tournaments unless stated otherwise.
Standalone Mark cards belong to their element and is treat as the same as a Pillar for the purposes of official organized PvP unless stated otherwise.

This would indicate to me that if I cannot use pillars (other than QP) I cannot use marks at all.  Yet the FAQ says
Q: Ah! I won't use Quantum Towers! I won 100 tourneys and I've tons of Mark cards, I'm gonna use all of them!
A: Dang! You can't. Since mark cards are ultrarare permanents, you can use only 1 mark card in your deck, matching your deck's mark.

So does that count as "stated otherwise" and 1 mark per deck that matches your mark may be used?  Or per (I assume) the intent of the tourney, you cannot use pillars or marks except quantum pillar?
Deckbuilding mad scientist.  Come by and hang out in my stream!

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Weekly Tournament - September 27th - Elementstone - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55856.msg1156967#msg1156967
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 04:35:48 am »
Well, great.  You should see my godawful RNG over in Hearthstone... I'm screwed for these rules here :p

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Weekly Tournament - September 27th - Elementstone - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55856.msg1156969#msg1156969
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 05:10:39 am »
Elemenstone Rule
Quantum pillar/Quantum Tower is the only kind of pillar/tower allowed.

From main Tournament Rules:
4.1 - Pillars, Pendulums and Standalone Mark cards
Every Pillars and Pendulums are always allowed in tournaments unless stated otherwise.
Standalone Mark cards belong to their element and is treat as the same as a Pillar for the purposes of official organized PvP unless stated otherwise.

This would indicate to me that if I cannot use pillars (other than QP) I cannot use marks at all.  Yet the FAQ says

So does that count as "stated otherwise" and 1 mark per deck that matches your mark may be used?  Or per (I assume) the intent of the tourney, you cannot use pillars or marks except quantum pillar?
The text in the special rules which says "Always read the second post!" implies that everything contained in the second post is part of the Special Rules too. So if it says or clarifies something, it overwrites the Main Rules as it is "stated otherwise". The FAQ was now updated and it says that only 1 mark can be used of 1 element in 1 deck.
Hopefully that clarifies any misunderstandings about the rules.
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

• Legendary Member
Re: Weekly Tournament - September 27th - Elementstone - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55856.msg1157013#msg1157013
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2014, 04:52:23 pm »

Special rules updated. It's now possible to use Shard of Integrity.

Offline Zso_Zso

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • ghost of a past wizzard
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner 2019.10.26Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner - June 29Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeGold Donor7th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Weekly Tournament - September 27th - Elementstone - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55856.msg1157176#msg1157176
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2014, 05:24:57 pm »

Special rules updated. It's now possible to use Shard of Integrity.

Since SoFo is banned and all other shards are either spell or permanent, it means you can use only 1 type that is matching your mark, plus shards are rare so you can only use 1 copy, that means SoI + 1 other shard is the max in a deck, that's not going to give a very powerful golem I'm afraid even if you manage to draw both in 1 hand.
Roses aren't red, Violets aren't blue.
They are just a simulation, and so are you!

• Legendary Member
Re: Weekly Tournament - September 27th - Elementstone - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55856.msg1157177#msg1157177
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2014, 05:27:47 pm »
Ehm...nope. You can use spells and permanents only matching your mark. So, if you're using SoI, it means your mark must be  :earth. And since SoI is a rare card, you can use only 1 copy of it (and so, just 1 shard).

The banned SoI was more like a typo from me (sorry about that).

SoFo is banned above all because it can become a BH.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2014, 05:32:45 pm by SpikeSpiegel »

Offline Zso_Zso

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • ghost of a past wizzard
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner 2019.10.26Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner - June 29Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeGold Donor7th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Weekly Tournament - September 27th - Elementstone - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55856.msg1157181#msg1157181
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2014, 05:35:26 pm »
But SoI is a creature, so you can have a different mark with its corresponding shard (1 copy) + 1 copy of SoI.

Clearly, there is no spell or permanent icon on it, it has +|+ indicating attack and HP value just like all creatures.
Roses aren't red, Violets aren't blue.
They are just a simulation, and so are you!

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Weekly Tournament - September 27th - Elementstone - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55856.msg1157185#msg1157185
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2014, 05:56:10 pm »
But SoI is a creature, so you can have a different mark with its corresponding shard (1 copy) + 1 copy of SoI.

Clearly, there is no spell or permanent icon on it, it has +|+ indicating attack and HP value just like all creatures.
Zso_Zso is right. Chimera is a creature as well, not a spell.

But still, you can't use more than 1, so it's pretty useless.

• Legendary Member
Re: Weekly Tournament - September 27th - Elementstone - Upgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=55856.msg1157189#msg1157189
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2014, 06:17:11 pm »

Oh snap. Sorry for the mess (i'm a little bit tired but it's not an excuse), let's make order:

- SoI is a creature, but since it's a rare card, you can use only 1 in your deck;

- SoI abuse won't happen, since to use an effective shard golem deck you need several shards, and it's impossible in this toureny, you can have max 2 shards (SoI and one shard matching your mark).

- Said that, we don't see any reason to ban SoI, it isn't OP at all. So it's allowed for this tourney.

- Chimera is a creature, it's a common card, and you can have 2 of them per deck.

anything
blarg: Higurashi,Submachine,Dm1321,SpikeSpiegel,dawn to dusk,OdinVanguard,serprex,Fippe94