Poll

Can we expect you to the tournament?

Yes, this time is usually good for me.
12 (35.3%)
Yes, but usually this time is not good for me.
2 (5.9%)
No, but the time is usually good for me.
3 (8.8%)
No, this time is usually not good for me at all.
8 (23.5%)
I don't know, but the time seems good on average.
8 (23.5%)
I don't know, but this time is usually not good for me.
1 (2.9%)

Total Members Voted: 34

Voting closed: November 29, 2014, 06:28:59 pm

*Author

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Weekly Tournament - November 29th - No Country for Old Men - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56819.msg1168341#msg1168341
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2014, 11:25:49 pm »
What happens if you run out of usable cards by the finals?
You use a 30-pillar deck and lose (unless you deck your opponent out).
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline Blacksmith

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Weekly Tournament - November 29th - No Country for Old Men - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56819.msg1168342#msg1168342
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2014, 11:34:50 pm »
How about you lose the amount of cards that your opponent used when receiving a bye first round? So basically your cards are identical to the player you're facing if you received a bye first round.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2014, 09:32:17 am by Submachine »
Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

Offline SpikeSpiegelTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of TimeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of TimeMS Paint Card Art #3 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Weekly Tournament - November 29th - No Country for Old Men - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56819.msg1168343#msg1168343
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2014, 11:41:27 pm »
How about you lose all cards that your opponent used when receiving a by first round. So basically you're cards are identical to the player you're facing if you receive a by first round.

Ehm...what???
Game questions? Go FAQ yourself!
Forum questions? Go FAQ yourself, again!

Offline flyingcat

• Reputation Power: 15
  • flyingcat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.flyingcat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.flyingcat is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Vox all day every day
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Weekly Tournament - November 29th - No Country for Old Men - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56819.msg1168344#msg1168344
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2014, 11:42:27 pm »
He's saying that if you get 1st round bye, you lose cards that your 2nd Round opponent used in first round.
The important thing about a low probability is that it's not zero
:gravityBrawl 4 Gravy Train Co:gravity
:fireWar 9 Team Fire:fire

Offline Blacksmith

• Legendary Member
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Weekly Tournament - November 29th - No Country for Old Men - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56819.msg1168345#msg1168345
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2014, 11:46:20 pm »
How about you lose all cards that your opponent used when receiving a by first round. So basically you're cards are identical to the player you're facing if you receive a by first round.

Ehm...what???
Well you had a problem with it being an advantage to get a by since you would have more cards later on. So why not have the people who are having a by losing the same cards as the opponent they're facing?
In other words. Player X use card A,B and C in his first game and can therefore not use those cards again, player Y who received a by may not use any of the cards player X used first round, A,B and C in other words.
Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

• Legendary Member
  • SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of TimeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of TimeMS Paint Card Art #3 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Weekly Tournament - November 29th - No Country for Old Men - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56819.msg1168347#msg1168347
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2014, 11:48:31 pm »

Oh, it was a purpose. Actually I don't like too much to force a player to discard cards used by another player. Btw, thanks for the feedback we'll take in consideration your suggestion.

Offline CrockettRocket

• CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.CrockettRocket is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • I'd like to achieve silence for eternity.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Weekly Tournament - November 29th - No Country for Old Men - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56819.msg1168348#msg1168348
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2014, 11:48:38 pm »
What happens if you run out of usable cards by the finals?
You use a 30-pillar deck and lose (unless you deck your opponent out).
I think we'd try to build a 60 card piller deck for hopes of deck out
A world war? Am I invited?
Thanks to skotadi for saying this in chat. Made me laugh pretty hard, and fits with me not getting drafted. :silly:

• Legendary Member
Re: Weekly Tournament - November 29th - No Country for Old Men - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56819.msg1168423#msg1168423
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2014, 04:46:40 pm »

SPECIAL RULES EDITED:

- Players that will receive a bye in the first round have to choose 7 cards to discard.

Offline Physsion

• Reputation Power: 19
  • Physsion is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Physsion is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Physsion is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Your friendly neighbourhood owl
  • Awards: 11th Trials - Master of DarknessSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of Darkness2nd Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWar #9 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerMaster Flag - Winner (Air Flag)9th Trials - Master of DarknessSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Weekly Tournament - November 29th - No Country for Old Men - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56819.msg1168491#msg1168491
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2014, 03:01:13 am »
6am on Sunday in New Zealand, don't think this is gonna happen for me, unfortunately. :( would have been really interested in playing in this one, too.

One day I'll find a tournament that I can participate in!

Offline montrossen

• Reputation Power: 10
  • montrossen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.montrossen is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • The cringe is real
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Weekly Tournament - November 29th - No Country for Old Men - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56819.msg1168523#msg1168523
« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2014, 07:28:22 am »
Wow, this looks fun! I think I- oh come on, 4 AM? shoot.
Ultra Gravity Lord of Edge

Offline leandrebs

• Reputation Power: 2
  • leandrebs is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Weekly Tournament - November 29th - No Country for Old Men - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56819.msg1168560#msg1168560
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2014, 06:03:12 pm »
2 PM, best time ever. I'll be there for sure

Offline seulintse

• Reputation Power: 5
  • seulintse is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • ~just RoL with it~
Re: Weekly Tournament - November 29th - No Country for Old Men - Unupgraded https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=56819.msg1168561#msg1168561
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2014, 06:04:57 pm »
7? that seems a bit better... :) (about how many rounds will there be about probably? just wonderin'   :)  )
Also, seriously? you consider flying weapon an OP card, or is it a kind of "make things more interesting" reason to exclude it... :3
« Last Edit: November 27, 2014, 06:28:36 pm by seulintse »
do you wanna have a bad :time?

:light war #9 :light

anything
blarg: Khaleesi