*Author

Offline Zso_ZsoTopic starter

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • ghost of a past wizzard
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner 2019.10.26Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner - June 29Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeGold Donor7th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Tournament time-slots https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67282.msg1292888#msg1292888
« on: July 12, 2019, 11:39:27 pm »
The tournaments have been organized by a rotating time-slot system that sweeps through all kinds of weekend hours with the goal to allow all players in possible time-zones to have an ideal time-slot sometimes.

However, the community has been shrinking (unfortunately), and I am not sure that it is still ideal to continue this time-slot rotation system. Perhaps, the remaining active tournament participants are grouped around a smaller set of time-zones that would allow a more targeted time-slot rotation that is suitable for everyone all the time.

I have made this thread to find out what are the time-zones and typically acceptable time-slots for active tournament participants, i.e. to gather some data upon which we could devise a better system.

If you are an active tournament participant, please post your time-zone and the range of time-slots that are usually suitable for you to play a tournament.

Thanks!
Roses aren't red, Violets aren't blue.
They are just a simulation, and so are you!

Offline InsignificantWeeaboo

• Newsletter Writer
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: Draw Seven WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Design Competition - The Oracle's New Year's Party WinnerWriting Competition: Haphazard Heroics WinnerDeckbuilding Competition - The Mastery Gauntlet WinnerWriting Competition: H.E.A.T. WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake
Re: Tournament time-slots https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67282.msg1292889#msg1292889
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2019, 11:41:08 pm »
PST, and around 12:00 AM-3:00 PM?
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
Team :gravity Gen. (War #12)
Team :gravity Soldier (War #13)
Team :light Soldier (War #14)

Offline MasterWalks

• Reputation Power: 0
  • MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • 12 year old mobile gamer
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Re: Tournament time-slots https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67282.msg1292890#msg1292890
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2019, 11:45:21 pm »
PST and 7:30PM- 2:00AM

Monday and Wednesday i can do 11:00am-2:00am
:gravity War 12
:darkness War 13
:fire War 14
Credit to Wyand for Profile Picture

Offline Dr.Pizzazz

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Dr.Pizzazz is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Casual Elements Player
  • Awards: Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Tournament time-slots https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67282.msg1292891#msg1292891
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2019, 11:50:02 pm »
CST here. Fridays 6pm-9pm work ok
Saturdays anytime 8am-8pm generally are good.
Sundays anytime 8am-5pm generally are good.

Though I've only recently rejoined the tourneys
Dr.Pizzazz

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Tournament time-slots https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67282.msg1292892#msg1292892
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2019, 11:53:46 pm »
[01:43:38] ‹PlayerOa› @zso - as I'm starting at uni and everything in a month I kinda don't want to answer in your topic yet. Since I have no idea what my availability is going to be for the future.

GMT 23-06 would usually be a no-go for me, suspect that's the case for my fellow Europeans (GMT +1/+2). Depending on real life activities and priorities, anything not in that time slot should work out for me. I also prefer Sundays over Saturdays. This is all subject to change in the next months, though. :D
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Tournament time-slots https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67282.msg1292893#msg1292893
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2019, 11:55:19 pm »
From GMT 7:00 'til 23:00 it is acceptable.

Best times: from GMT 9:00 'til 20:00.

(Note that I calculated with the current Daylight Saving, which means CET (Central European Time) is GMT+2 now, and GMT+1 through winter.)
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: Tournament time-slots https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67282.msg1292900#msg1292900
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2019, 01:44:48 am »
PST

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Tournament time-slots https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67282.msg1292908#msg1292908
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2019, 05:12:17 am »
MST (GMT-7)
(start times)
Saturdays, from whenever I get up until ~3pm
Other days: from 7pm-9pm

• Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Zso_Zso is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner 2019.10.26Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner - June 29Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeGold Donor7th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Tournament time-slots https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67282.msg1293554#msg1293554
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2019, 03:55:20 pm »
I am in EST (UTC-4) and my weekend availability is 9-24, so that is in UTC [13,+04]

Converting the stated ranges all into UTC range I get (if I did not make a mistake):

Weaboo            [7,22]
MasterWalks     [2:30,9]
Pizzazz             [0,3] [14,+02] [14,23]
Wyand             [7,23] [9,20]
Zso                  [13,+04]

Oa did not say time range but time zone is similar to Wyand
Serprex did not say range, but time zone same as Weaboo.

So if I compose intersections of ranges, I see one range with 5 player availability that is UTC [14,20] range.
Other than this, I only see max 2 player availability long enough for a tournament.
So allocating 3 hours for the tournament that would mean a starting time between 14 and 17 UTC only.
That's a pretty limited choice, wow
« Last Edit: September 07, 2019, 04:02:16 pm by Zso_Zso »

Offline moehrpi

• Reputation Power: 9
  • moehrpi is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not War
  • Awards: Last Tournament Before Flashpocalypse (2021.01.10.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner	- March 312018 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner April 14thWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2017 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Tournament time-slots https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67282.msg1293565#msg1293565
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2019, 07:26:54 am »
For what it's worth, I also see myself in Wyand's range. But I have been busy lately but expect to become a bit more active as the temperature falls.

Offline PlayerOa

• Master of Time
  • Reputation Power: 41
  • PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.PlayerOa soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Time will show
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.20.)14th Trials - Master of Time2nd Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 3/2019 1st Place13th Trials - Master of TimeWinner of Elements Infinity War #1Silver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2019 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake1st Elements Reunion Day Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWar #4 Winner - Team DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Tournament time-slots https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67282.msg1293578#msg1293578
« Reply #10 on: September 08, 2019, 03:13:05 pm »
Saturday:    [7-14]
Sunday:      [9-22]

Not fixed slots, as schedule varies from weekend to weekend, but this should be my best range.
War #3 - Life || War #4 - Death || War #5, #6, #7, #9, #13, #14 - Time || War #8, #12 - Air

Re: Tournament time-slots https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67282.msg1293580#msg1293580
« Reply #11 on: September 08, 2019, 05:17:24 pm »
I have created a Google spreadsheet to summarize the time slot availabilities:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1_6cob_cyDP6sRGuNAwpuFmN9PqhM-5Ml2CZJCk5IROA/edit?usp=sharing

From that it seems that UTC ranges where at least 4 people available are:

Friday        [18-21]  Start time range: [18-19]
Saturday   [07-22]  Start time range: [07-20]
Sunday     [07-23]  Start time range: [07-21]
« Last Edit: September 08, 2019, 05:22:17 pm by Zso_Zso »

blarg: