*Author

Active members:
The Oracle(1) Flare(1) Corrum(1) teffy(1) MaxMilen(1) Bender74d(1) venumuse(1) Cisco(1) RavingRabbid(1) petterud(1) TheoCT(1) sSethia(1) Jumbalumba(1) guolin(1) mutantkickass(1) giversgivealot(1) Suguri(1) 7wavemaster(1) Mntoothpick(1) Amilir(1) wavedash(1) ratchetspyro94(1) vrt(1) DrunkDestroyer(1) chum3(1) dragono(1) Blues(1) drogana(1) TStar(1) cyanspirit(1) Astrocyte(1) Deamon19(1) Dwerg(1) dracomageat(1) Kickpuncher(1) Gorthos(1) Elusion(1) Mithcairion(1) ffun(1) Bhlewos(1) ArcanisX(1) rgurgelles1(1) The_Mormegil(1) benthewolf1(1) Djhopper :)(1) willng3(1) xdude(1) aceben3(1) nilsieboy(1) Odii Odsen(1) Xenocidius(1) bjessee(1) Hawfrey1337(1) AnnaMall(1) Fosius(1) Laxadarap(1) treebeard xiii(1) rogerluc(1) yee(1) whatifidogetcaught?(1) Zso_Zso(1) bombzero(1) Embrada(1) Theboss1248(1) Shantu(1) zer0 tolerance(1) Scaramanga(1) Robsta43(1) Treldon(1) kirbylover314(1) tereret(1) Ryli(1) Lunaris(1) Linkcat(1) RapidStar_(1) igor135(1) bashingbash(1) DarthVarda(1) TribalTrouble(1) kaempfer13(1) zack111496(1) InsignificantWeeaboo(1) HearthstonePro(1) ji412jo(1) MasterWalks(1) Antagon(2) Svenningen(2) the dictator(2) smuglapse(2) nkedwards90(2) xonepartlost(2) mafidufa(2) the Sage(2) Rodrigofix(2) Demut(2) Jocko(2) Sevs(2) bogtro(2) Misfire(2) drolly(2) justaburd(2) Annele(2) regen2k9(2) blueberrymania(2) Vindilos(2) kisking11(2) CuCN(2) w4sh1ng7on(2) Fippe94(2) benoit(2) Levgre(3) jheamay(3) Troh(3) edunavas(3) Brion(3) majofa(3) AngelMusti(3) inthisroom(3) Aves(3) glennfoo(3) iancudorinmarian(3) blarp(3) mega plini(3) andretimpa(3) theelkspeaks(3) Solaris(3) worldwideweb3(3) Manuel(3) moehrpi(3) PlayerOa(3) Belthazar666(4) PuppyChow(4) melzardust(4) tyranim(4) jmizzle7(4) Dragoon1140(4) kobisjeruk(4) ~Napalm(4) kev(4) Jangoo(4) scauduro221095(4) pikachufan2164(4) Absol(4) Spielkind(4) Ginyu(4) Zawadx(4) jonathancrazyj(4) MeowMeowCat(4) icecoldbro(5) Demagog(5) furballdn(5) ARTHANASIOS(5) Blacksmith(5) dawn to dusk(5) serprex(5) plastiqe(6) killsdazombies(6) AppAwesome(6) bucky1andonly(6) kirchj33(6) Jenkar(6) MatrimKK(7) n00b(7) Anothebrother(8) Onizuka(8) Cheesy111(8) rob77dp(8) CactusKing(8) Rastafla(9) jippy99(9) calindu(9) deuce22(9) Marsu(9) Vineroz(9) DANIEELA(9) Jen-i(10) Vangelios(11) ddevans96(12) TheonlyrealBeef(13) Dm1321(13) RootRanger(15) Scaredgirl(16) Wyand(16) Submachine(17) Sir Valimont(22) Higurashi(34) dragonsdemesne(48)

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg1292995#msg1292995
« Reply #660 on: July 20, 2019, 11:19:03 pm »
I am pretty against mandatory posting.
Tournaments are reused and recycled. By having decks posted, people can look back and see the meta/winning decks and just use those. Its cheap and scummy but ya its gonna happen.

If you noticed earlier tourney topics are always blocked when the idea is reused. Often it is not even a 100% reuse, some fine-tuning happens.

Whats the point of posting decks? Legality check? You should be able to tell a decks legality when you play it.

Legality check is just a secondary stuff (and no, you cannot always tell, it just happens, and nor your opponent nor you doesn't notice it).

Also, for people like shockcannon, Oa, and myself, we speedbuild a lot of tournaments. i dont save those. Im speedbuilding a deck every 15 min i dont have time to sit and organize what decks i used and who i used them against.

I am firmly on the stance of optional deck posting.

It isn't really hard to open a notepad and copy/paste the deck code. (I know, you play from phone, that's different.) Also don't forget that EVERY sort of PvP Event
(except League, but that's logical) requires deckposting, I think it is pretty understandable that tourneys should follow that path. And I only expect it from the TOP 3.
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline moehrpi

• Reputation Power: 9
  • moehrpi is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not War
  • Awards: Last Tournament Before Flashpocalypse (2021.01.10.)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner	- March 312018 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner April 14thWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2017 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg1293001#msg1293001
« Reply #661 on: July 21, 2019, 09:37:27 pm »
I don't think an obligation to post decks is the way to go. That being said I like to see other people do it and generally post mine if I do reasonably well. Unless it's very specific with weirdly bad decks that happen to be the meta. I. e. decks that have little to do with EtG outside of those rules.

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg1293002#msg1293002
« Reply #662 on: July 22, 2019, 02:48:11 am »
I'm pretty much fed up with the fact that I'm always a nice guy and post my decks thus allowing others
to figure out my style. While others - even when they win - just don't care about posting their used decks.

Let me try to understand your point here.

You dislike the non-existence of a rule. You act as though the rule should exist, and follow it. You dislike that other people don't do the same, and are using that as justification for implementing the rule?

I realize this sounds critical, but I'm genuinely not getting your point of view.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 06:08:29 am by ddevans96 »
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg1293009#msg1293009
« Reply #663 on: July 22, 2019, 11:25:10 am »
I'm pretty much fed up with the fact that I'm always a nice guy and post my decks thus allowing others
to figure out my style. While others - even when they win - just don't care about posting their used decks.

Let me try to understand your point here.

You dislike the non-existence of a rule. You act as though the rule should exist, and follow it. You dislike that other people don't do the same, and are using that as justification for implementing the rule?

I realize this sounds critical, but I'm genuinely not getting your point of view.

Right now players are only encouraged to share their decks. I post decks because I think it is the right thing to do.
If I wouldn't post my decks and someone else would say that we all should post them this be would still a good idea.

Reasons for posting decks after a tourney:

- deck legality check,
- exchanging ideas,
- general sportsmanship.

Players must be really stiff and bored to oppose such an idea. It is pretty obvious that general written encouragement
means nothing to these players and they just discard the idea of posting decks with a lazy "I really don't want to bother with it".
It is bad. Communication is the way.
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg1293010#msg1293010
« Reply #664 on: July 22, 2019, 10:15:39 pm »
I don't really care either way if a rule requiring some people (preferably not people who didn't win any matches, however - I'd most prefer only the winner, but top 3 is also fine) to share decks publicly. I save all my decks, it doesn't affect me.

I think the current deck legality rule is suitable, I think your 'general sportmanship' argument is a bit odd given that I've never seen this exact mindset in any other competitive community (several, larger and smaller), and I think 'exchanging ideas' is always something that should be encouraged, but never forced. So I don't really agree with your points, but that's not enough for me to form opposition to the suggestion of a mandatory deck posting rule.

I'm very offput, however, by you calling yourself a 'nice guy' in one post, and calling people with a different opinion 'stiff' and 'lazy' in another post. You cheapen the discussion by doing that.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Not So Young Elemental
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg1293011#msg1293011
« Reply #665 on: July 22, 2019, 10:39:07 pm »
I'm very offput, however, by you calling yourself a 'nice guy' in one post, and calling people with a different opinion 'stiff' and 'lazy' in another post. You cheapen the discussion by doing that.

Thanks for pointing that out, dd! I agree, it might sound condescending, however it wasn't my intention.

I really think it is fair game to know other players' decks after a tournament, that's all.

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg1293013#msg1293013
« Reply #666 on: July 23, 2019, 08:15:43 am »
We are currently working on a way to implement this, but within reasonable limits.

The reason why I like the idea is that it gives the TOs a better look at the usual meta. If we notice that a deck type wins too much, we can work around that deck type to make our tournaments more diverse.

It also helps with sportsmanship and noticing illegal decks.
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg1293014#msg1293014
« Reply #667 on: July 23, 2019, 09:33:27 am »
Start it off with top 2 instead of top 3. Only require posting decks used in finals. Then it'll be like most other events where both players post their decks. Also it makes it straight forward since players can post their decks immediately after the match, whereas often third place goes to whoever is slowest to forfeit 3rd place match, & nobody has to wait around after losing to post decks

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Not So Young Elemental
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg1293200#msg1293200
« Reply #668 on: August 11, 2019, 12:08:00 am »
I think it would be great to have tournaments exclusively for newbies. You may say there aren't too much newbies nowadays
meanwhile I kinda feel they just fear entering tourneys feeling they aren't good enough.

But how to determine who is a newbie? Well, those who haven't competed in any PvP events are truly newbies. Those who
competed in a few tourneys and failed to advance a single round are newbies also.

How to reward them? An entire mark code for winning a beginner's tourney would be a bit too much. We should figure out a
point system for them and grant codes by that.

(Btw what about the tourney revamp, like the point system for 2nd/3rd places and round-robin when there are less than 8 ppl?)

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Not So Young Elemental
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg1293279#msg1293279
« Reply #669 on: August 19, 2019, 11:19:16 pm »
For next tourney I'd advise a speedbuilding one. 7x7, for example. And a voting about time... UTC 2 is horrid.

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg1294372#msg1294372
« Reply #670 on: October 26, 2019, 11:45:27 am »
Recently we tried out Round Robin rules instead of Double Elimination for tournaments with 4-5 players. It seems better than Double Elim, but the lack of elimination becomes a big problem if someone drops out mid-tournament.

Does anyone know of a tournament format that is short and where a leaving player only affects the outcome of his current match?
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Not So Young Elemental
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7055.msg1294479#msg1294479
« Reply #671 on: November 03, 2019, 09:42:44 pm »
2. Oa vs Sub was decided based on their match against each other

Quote from: Submachine
We should not do this for first place tiebreakers in the future. For any other tiebreakers, it's fine.

That wouldn't be logical. I think when only 2 players are tied their match against each other
should be the tiebreaker, since that holds more power than how many games were lost
against others. (Thus their match also works as a final, too.)

Counting the losses comes into the picture when there is a 3-way tie where everyone has
one win (match) against the other 2 players tied.

Another topic: 6 player tourneys. SE for these tourneys is such a lackluster.
I propose let's use the format I'll share here. Two groups with 3 players, where
they play round-robin style (2 matches for each players, 3 matches altogether).
The winners of the groups play for the 1st place, the 2nds can play for the 3rd
place (if they wish). The format is also quick, since the 2 group's matches are played
simultaneously (and has 3 phases like an SE as well).
« Last Edit: November 03, 2019, 09:53:15 pm by Wyand »

anything
blarg: