*Author

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1173374#msg1173374
« Reply #180 on: December 30, 2014, 01:01:25 pm »
I think it's all about that people don't like to read anymore, and if a text is long, they instantly find it difficult and hard to understand. I was thinking about making TL;DR rules, while putting the details into spoilers. I already tried to solve this problem by highlighting specific texts with yellow in the Main Rules.
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline Blacksmith

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 30
  • Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Blacksmith is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Happy to help!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of Earth10th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner7th Trials - Master of EarthWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1173598#msg1173598
« Reply #181 on: January 01, 2015, 09:26:37 pm »
Grhh I can't join tourneys anymore since I don't qualify  :'(

1.2 - Who can join a tournament?
Anyone from a beginner to a seasoned veteran is welcome to join a tournament! All you need is a valid game and forum account with at least 1 forum post where you introduce yourself.
I don't have an indtoductionpost :/

So besides that

Spoiler for changes.Changed stuff is in orange, stuff that just as well could be removed in red:
Elements PvP Tournament - Rules

1. Joining

1.1 - What is a tournament?
A tournament is a PvP competition. The type we use here is the single-elimination tournament.
Here below you can find an example of brackets we use to organize tournaments:
Spoiler for Example of tournament brackets:

1.2 - Who can join a tournament?
Anyone from a beginner to a seasoned veteran is welcome to join a tournament! All you need is a valid game and forum account with at least 1 forum post where you introduce yourself.

1.3 - 1 introduction post minimum
Tournaments are fun and the more, the merrier. So if you are a new member and you want to join a tournament, you just need to make an introduction post here; this way other members will know who you are.

1.4 - Signing up
No signing up is required. Simply enter the Elements Tournament Room on our Blab chat at least 5 minutes before the tournament starts. If you arrive later than that, you will not be able to participate. To find the Tournament Room, click the Rooms button in the upper left corner of the main chatroom.

IMPORTANT NOTE: if you don't plan to join a tournament, stay out the tournament room, at least until the tournament has started. Brackets are made according to people in the tournament room and the presence of people who do not participate can lead to a incorrect/broken brackets.

Knowledge Check (For players who are playing for the first time)
We suggest new players to enter chat room at least 30 minutes before tournament starts, so that TO's can check whether you are familiar with the rules. The check includes sending the TO's a legal deck of the tournament, and answering 3 questions.

1.5 - How long will it take?
The amount of time required will vary depending on the speed of the commonly used decks and the amount of players but the average tourney is between 2.5-3 hours.

1.6 - 8 player minimum
Each tournament has to have at least 8 participants. If a tournament has less than 8 participants, it is postponed to the next week or cancelled.

1.7 - 64 player limit
Each tournament can have a maximum of 64 players. If we have more than 32 players, we will have a fast 10 minute "best-of-one" preliminary round to determine which 32 players go to round 2.

1.8 - Tournament special rules
All tournaments have special rules. If these special rules are in conflict with any of the rules on this page, special rules will apply. Special rules are announced in the current tournament's respective thread.
If a card is banned by the special rules, but another legal card can generate this banned card during the gameplay, you can freely use the generated card.

[/color]
2. Getting Ready

2.1 - Making sure the rules haven't been updated
Always double check the rules just before the tourney starts. Sometimes the organizers miss a loophole and to prevent this to ruin the event the rules will be changed.

2.2 - Building decks
To avoid downtime during duels, please build and test all the decks you are going to be using in advance. Here is a tool that helps you store your decks easily: http://elementscommunity.org/tools/mydecks/

An automatic loss is awarded to anyone who uses an illegal deck, regardless of the outcome of the game. This only applies to the game where the illegal deck was used.

2.3 - 15 minutes before the tournament starts
Please enter the Elements Tournament Room in our Blab chat to participate. To find the Tournament Room, click the Rooms button in the upper left corner of the main chatroom.

2.4 - 5 minutes before the tournament starts
Tournament organizer will now take all the names currently in chat room and will build tournament brackets. Once the brackets are ready, the organizer will announce it in chat.

3. Tournament Starts

Please note: all the time limits mentioned below are only approximations. They are treated as a guideline only.

3.1 - Finding an opponent
See from the Tournament Brackets who you are fighting. You then have 5 minutes to start a duel with that opponent. If your opponent does not respond, contact Tournament Organizer who then also tries to contact the other player. If unsuccessful, it is considered a forfeit and you will move on to the next round. If your opponent shows up before you start your next duel, he is given one last chance if he instantly starts the match with you.

3.2 - Best-of-three
A match consists of up to 3 individual duels. The player who first wins 2 duels, is the winner. Winner goes on to the next round and the loser is eliminated from the tournament (unless he was in the Top 4, or Top 6 in case of more than 32 players).

3.3 - Deck Legality Check
When you finished all your games with your opponent you have the right to ask for a certain deck your opponent used to check it's legality.

3.4 - Changing your deck
You are allowed to change your deck and mark at any time, but you only have 5 minutes to do so which is why it's very important to build all your decks in advance. If it takes you longer than 5 minutes, you will be ordered by the Tournament Organizer to start your duel. If you can't start it right after the order, it is considered a forfeit and the other player goes to next round.

3.5 - Desync and Disconnect
If you and your opponent get disconnected in the middle of a game, you both have the opportunity to finish the game against your opponent's AI. If you are winning, create a print screen of the final turn and send it to the TO. If both players claim to have won, but only one of them has a picture of it, the one with the picture wins.
Print screens different from the final turn (for example, images from the victory screen) may not be accepted, and they will be evaluated case by case from Tournament Organizers.
NOTE: if you don't know how to take a screenshot, click HERE.

When a desync error happens, the match gets restarted, unless it was very clear who was going to win. We are hoping that players are honest about this, but if there is a dispute, the tournament organizer will decide the outcome. Players are not allowed to change their decks or marks when a match gets restarted.

If there are 3 desyncs in a single game, contact a TO immediately. You will be asked to provide a screenshot from the Connections page. Both players may need to play a dummy game with the TO to test the connectivity. If one player is obviously having connectivity issues, an automatic loss will be given.

3.6 - 1 hour time limit
Rounds last a maximum of 1 hour.  If players are unable to finish all duels during this time limit and scoring is still tied, Tournament Organizer will announce the winner according to who seems to be winning (for example health left, cards left in the deck, etc.).

3.7 - Dropping out
If a player drops out mid-tournament before the semi-finals, they will be replaced by the player they most recently beat and then by others down that chain of beaten players in that line in the bracket. Dropping out in any case leads to a warning, except for games deciding 5th place.

3.8 - Posting match results
Match results are to be posted in the respective tournament thread by the winner. Please use one of the following simple formats:

Billy: 2
Johnny: 1
ORBilly 2 - 1 Johnny

4. Other rules

4.1 - Pillars, Pendulums and Standalone Mark cards
Every Pillars and Pendulums are always allowed in tournaments unless stated otherwise.
Standalone Mark cards belong to their element and is treat as the same as a Pillar for the purposes of official organized PvP unless stated otherwise.

4.2 - Pay attention to chat
You are expected to answer the TO's questions and pay attention to announcements in chat. Failure to do so may disrupt the tournament and may result in a ban. Protip: have the game in its own window in your browser. This is better than a tab because it won't slow down Flash and cause desyncs.

4.3 - Cheating
We take all kind of cheating very seriously. If you get caught cheating, you automatically lose and will be banned indefinitely from all Elements community PvP and PvE events. So please play fair. Entering a tournament under two separate accounts (Person A joining as Person A and Person B) is considered cheating and may result in a permanent ban from all tournaments. The following actions are also considered as cheating: changing deck/card/mark in a retry, willingly including more copies of a card than it's allowed, photoshopping false evidence.

4.4 - Warnings and Bans
Minor Warnings: not counting towards other type of warnings, but when 3 is collected, it results in a ban from the next tournament. It resets when it expires.
What can give a Minor Warning: discussing decks or strategies before the tournament ends, using illegal decks, spamming chat during the tournament, ranting.

Normal Warnings: given for disrupting the event. 2 of these result in a ban from the next tournament (if the respective player gets a 3rd in the current tournament, he's banned from the current one too). After this ban expires for the first time, even 1 warning will be enough to get a new ban (but only for the next tournament, unless he gets an extra warning like stated before). After having 3 bans from Normal Warnings, the 4th ban is a permaban.
Examples for disrupting the event: dropping out, forfeiting in the Finals, acting suspiciously (e.g. being counterproved by the opponent), not being able to show a printscreen in questionable situations, passing the time limit after given an extension, arguing with the organizer.

4.5 - Posting about Tournaments
Please don't post or discuss the metagame or decks for the upcoming or ongoing tournaments. If you think that there is an overpowered card or strategy that should be banned, send them to the organizers who will privately discuss whether the card is really overpowered or not. Violating this rule will lead to a warning.

4.6 - Chatting during tournaments
Please don't spam the chat 5-10 minutes before the tournament starts. We don't need 20 people shouting "Where are the brackets?!". Just wait until the tournament organizer makes the brackets public. If you keep on spamming, you will be removed from the tournament and will receive a warning.

Try to use chat Personal Messages as much as possible, for example when organizing a duel with your opponent.

After a tournament has started, please refrain from talking about any non-tournament related topics. This way it will be easier for the tournament organizer to communicate with all the players.

Thanks.

Tournament Prizes
The top 3 players will receive prizes. Tournament Organizers will give reward codes to winners who can then redeem the codes in-game.

1st place5,000 electrum + Nymph/Mark + Trophy
2nd place3,000 electrum
3rd place2,000 electrum

The normal rewards are increased if 32 or more players participate.

Spoiler for increased rewards:
1st place7,000 electrum + Nymph/Mark + Trophy
2nd place5,000 electrum + Nymph/Mark
3rd place4,000 electrum
4th place3,000 electrum
5th place2,000 electrum
6th place1,000 electrum

If you have any questions about the rules, please post them here. Thank you.

Spoiler for other changes:
  • Thank you for reducing meeting 15minutes before toruney start to 5minutes!
  • 1.2 and 1.3 can just as well be combined.

All in all the rules now are a lot better than before and I'm happy you changed them!

My suggested changes it mainly trying to remove uncesary text that removes focus from the important things.
Purple Hillbilly reporting, ready for teamwork and shiny times. 

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of TimeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of TimeMS Paint Card Art #3 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1173606#msg1173606
« Reply #182 on: January 01, 2015, 10:05:10 pm »

5 minutes was a typo (sorry for that). People should reach tournament room 15 minutes before the deadline, but of course people will be allowed to join tournaments if they join at least 5 minutes before.

Of course these times are treated as a guideline.
Game questions? Go FAQ yourself!
Forum questions? Go FAQ yourself, again!

Offline Yvo

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Yvo is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Bazi student
  • Awards: Battle League 3/2015 3rd Place
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1209583#msg1209583
« Reply #183 on: October 10, 2015, 06:49:26 pm »
Hi everyone,

have not been playing since 2012. Good to be back.

I know my own local time. It's GMT+1, +2 in summer.
But the main problem I have with tournaments is, I don't know the local time the tournament itself is hosted. I can't find it anywhere.
As long as I don't know this it's kind of hard to be online 15 minutes before the start, let alone 30 minutes.
When the time the tournament is hosted is too far off my local time, as most people, I'll be sleeping.
But when it's not too far off, then I can still be: following an internship, working, be obligated to do something else outside of the house,...
If that is the case it's pretty impossible.

I've never joined a tournament before.
I would like to, but without knowing the correct timezone in wich the tournament is hosted, it's kind of hard.
If this is maybe the wrong section of the forum to post this message? If so, what's the right one?
Thanks,

best regards =)

Offline Solaris

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1209584#msg1209584
« Reply #184 on: October 10, 2015, 06:52:05 pm »
Hi everyone,

have not been playing since 2012. Good to be back.

I know my own local time. It's GMT+1, +2 in summer.
But the main problem I have with tournaments is, I don't know the local time the tournament itself is hosted. I can't find it anywhere.
As long as I don't know this it's kind of hard to be online 15 minutes before the start, let alone 30 minutes.
When the time the tournament is hosted is too far off my local time, as most people, I'll be sleeping.
But when it's not too far off, then I can still be: following an internship, working, be obligated to do something else outside of the house,...
If that is the case it's pretty impossible.

I've never joined a tournament before.
I would like to, but without knowing the correct timezone in wich the tournament is hosted, it's kind of hard.
If this is maybe the wrong section of the forum to post this message? If so, what's the right one?
Thanks,

best regards =)
There will be a timer within the individual weekly tournament showing that the tournament will be in x days, x hours and x minutes.

Offline Ginyu

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Feel the punch of Gravity!
  • Awards: War #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1209586#msg1209586
« Reply #185 on: October 10, 2015, 06:56:34 pm »
In addition to the timer, that displays how long it is until the tournament (regarding your time zone, if you set it in your account settings), there is also a link in the "WHEN?"-box that will show you the time the tournament will take place.
Do you have a great idea for a Weekly Tournament? Post it here!
:aether War #8 :aether          :gravity Trials #9 :gravity
:gravity War #9 :gravity
:water War #10 :water

Offline mathman101

• Administrator (Warblind)
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1209593#msg1209593
« Reply #186 on: October 10, 2015, 07:37:32 pm »
Also we have the current month and the following month with the day and time (based on GMT time) of each weeks weekly tournament in the Tournament Quick News/Monthly Schedule thread. We try to keep this updated each month or every second month.

Here is the rest of Oct. and Nov. 2015:

Spoiler for Hidden:
October 2015

Date
Time
Name/Link
Upgraded?
3rdGMT 00
10thGMT 08
17thGMT 16
24thGMT 01
31stGMT 09

November 2015

Date
Time
Name/Link
Upgraded?
7thGMT 17
14thGMT 02
21stGMT 10
28thGMT 18

Hope this helps.
something....something....something.....

Offline Yvo

• Bazi student
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1209600#msg1209600
« Reply #187 on: October 10, 2015, 08:00:08 pm »
@ MeowMeowCat: Yep, I noticed the timer, but thanks anyway.
@ Ginyu: It's just a link to the worldclock of the website www.timeanddate.com. I know that site, it's practical.
But it doesn't say in what timezone the current tournament is hosted.
I also heard the timezone for each tournament varies. So I'm kinda stuck again.
Anyway thanks for the effort.
@ mathman101: Nice, that gives a good overview.

Offline Ginyu

• Chat Moderator
  • Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: War #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1209601#msg1209601
« Reply #188 on: October 10, 2015, 08:03:23 pm »
A link to the site that shows you when the tournament will take place: The left clock is the time of the one who made it; the second is your local time.
And if you noticed the timer; where is your problem anyway?

Offline Yvo

• Bazi student
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1209613#msg1209613
« Reply #189 on: October 10, 2015, 09:07:59 pm »
I thought it was just a general link to the worldclock, never mind.
Let me correct myself: it does say in what timezone the current tournament is hosted.
Nowhere. In that case there is no problem anyway, thanks for clearing that up.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 09:31:17 pm by Yvo »

Offline Ginyu

• Chat Moderator
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1220779#msg1220779
« Reply #190 on: January 20, 2016, 06:34:40 pm »
Tournament Organizer Note:

A new point has been added to the Tournament Rules:

3.6 - Never-ending games
If it is obvious that a game will never end (i.e. if both players have zero net damage output - where they can both heal off the damage done each turn - and will never deck out, and both players have no means of breaking the stalemate), the result of that game is voided - there is no winner and no loser for that game. Both players have the option of switching decks for the next game in the match.

Source: League Rules, with some modifications on the language.

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1294640#msg1294640
« Reply #191 on: November 21, 2019, 12:12:12 pm »
Seeing how League rules are being revamped, I think this is the perfect time to introduce our suggested rules for future tournaments.

A short history; we have been working on these rule changes since Vindilos became a TO. Since then, it has been tweaked multiple times with the feedback of TOs and other helpful people (PlayerOa, Wyand).

My goal with these new rules is to represent the real state of how tournaments actually go. If you notice anything that would be difficult to consistently follow, or something unnecessary or something that we do differently, please tell us.

0. General Information

0.1 - Tournament Length
Tournaments can be two to four hours long, depending on various factors (speed of used decks, amount of players, tournament type, game errors).

0.2 - Deck Storage
You can store your decks with the MyDecks tool to easily access them later.

1. Joining

1.1 - Entering the Tournament
To join a tournament, you must have a valid game account and an introduction post here.
Enter the Tournament Room in Blab chat before the tournament starts. To find the Tournament Room, click the Rooms button in the upper left corner of the main chatroom.

1.1.1 - Knowledge Check
If this is your first tournament, you have to pass the Knowledge Check to participate. To do so, send a forum message to the Tournament Organizers (TOs) with your answers to the Knowledge Check questions below. Do not post the answers in any topic! The Knowledge Check is passed when you correctly answer all questions.

If you get an answer wrong, you can try again until you get it right.

Spoiler for Knowledge Check Questions:
  • Q: Assume that your opponent finished playing against his previous opponent. How much time can you wait for your opponent? What should you do after that time passed?
  • Q: How much time do you have after a game to start a new game with the same opponent?
  • Q: What do you have to do if your opponent disconnects and the computer takes over his side of the field?
  • Q: How many games do you have to win to defeat a single opponent, and what do you do after that?
  • Q: Create a legal deck and send it as an example.

1.2 - Four Player Minimum
Single elimination tournaments need 6 or more participants. If a tournament has less than 6 participants, the tournament changes to round robin. If less than 4 people show up, the tournament is cancelled.

1.3 - Tournament Special Rules
All tournaments have special rules. If these special rules are in conflict with any of the rules on this page, the special rules apply. Special rules are announced in the current tournament's respective topic.
If a card is banned by the special rules but another legal card can generate this banned card during the games, you can freely use the generated card.

2. Getting Ready

2.1 - Making Sure the Rules Haven't Been Updated
Sometimes the TOs change the rules before starting the tournament. This is why it's always a good idea to make sure the tournament rules haven't been updated.

2.2 - Building Decks
An automatic loss is given to anyone who uses a rule-breaking deck (AKA illegal deck), regardless of the outcome of the game. This only applies to the game where the illegal deck was used.

2.3 - Before the Tournament Starts
To participate, you must arrive before the TO announces the beginning of the tournament in chat, usually right after the tournament countdown reaches 0.

To know when the tournament starts, check the tournament's page or the monthly schedule.

3. Tournament Starts

Note: All time limits mentioned below are approximations. We cannot require our players to always start a timer, but they do need to act within a reasonable time frame.

3.1 - Finding an Opponent
Check the brackets to find your next opponent. You have 5 minutes to start the duel with your opponent (after the start of the tournament was announced, or after your opponent finished his previous match). If your opponent does not start the game with you within that time limit, tell the TO that the other player is not responding. Depending on the situation, the TO gives a time limit for your opponent. If the time runs out and your opponent is not ready, your opponent gets an autoloss for the current game and a new countdown starts.

3.2 - Best-of-Three
A match consists of 2 or 3 individual duels (AKA games). The player who first wins 2 duels is the winner of the round.

Note: In case of Double Elimination and Round Robin, players are not eliminated after their first loss.

3.3 - Deck Legality Check
Before (or during, or right after) the duel with your opponent, you can ask him to save the exact deck he used. If your opponent asks you to save your deck, you must accept it. After the match has ended, you can ask him to show either you or the TO his decks for a legality check. If you miss doing so and later it turns out that you lost against an illegal deck, you won't have the chance to change the results any more.

3.4 - Changing Your Deck
You are allowed to change your deck between games, but make sure you stick to the time limits mentioned in Rule 3.1.

3.5 - Disconnections
If you and your opponent get disconnected during a game, you should finish the game against your opponent's AI if possible. If you are winning, take a screenshot of the final turn. If both players claim to have won, but only one of them has a picture of it, the player with the picture wins.
Screenshots different from the final turn (for example, images of the victory screen) may not be accepted.

If both players have a valid screenshot, the duel is restarted.

3.5.1 - The AI is Gone
If one of the players cannot finish the game against the AI because of a game bug, the duel is restarted.

3.5.2 - Desync
When obvious game glitches interfere with the duel, take a screenshot of the glitches and finish the duel. If the screenshot is convincing and the player requests a redo, the duel is restarted.

3.5.3 - Restarts
When a duel is restarted, the time limits in Rule 3.1 are restarted too. Players are not allowed to change their decks when a duel is restarted. Restarts can be avoided if both players agree on a clear winner. If a duel would be restarted for the second time, contact a TO instead. From there, the TO will decide how to continue.

3.6 - After 30 Minutes Pass
If a match goes on for more than 30 minutes, the involved players should finish their ongoing duel and report the status of their match to the TO. Depending on the situation, the TO might decide to finish the match either normally, with Sudden Death, or with a coin toss.

3.7 - Posting Match Results
The winner of the match must post the results in the tournament's thread as soon as possible. When posting results, use a simple format like one of the following:

Billy: 2
Johnny: 1
orBilly 2 - 1 Johnny

4. Other Rules

4.1 - Pay Attention to Chat
You are expected to answer the TO's questions and pay attention to announcements in chat. Not responding to the TO within a reasonable time limit may result in disqualification from the tournament. To know when you are contacted, turn on chat notifications.

4.2 - Cheating
Cheating is against the rules. If you get caught cheating, you automatically lose and will be banned indefinitely from all Elements community PvP and PvE events. The following actions are considered cheating: entering a tournament under two separate accounts (Person A joining as Person A and Person B), using an illegal deck on purpose, using a different deck during a restart, forging a fake screenshot, faking a disconnection to restart a duel.

4.3 - Posting About Tournaments
Do not publicly discuss the metagame or decks for the upcoming tournament. Also do not talk about tournament decks or your opponent's strategies while the tournament is still in progress. If you think there is an overpowered card or strategy that should be banned, contact the TOs before the tournament. Feel free to discuss these topics privately or after the tournament has ended.

4.4 - Help and Rulings
Ask us if you have any questions or concerns.
During a tournament, a TO can make a different ruling than what's mentioned in the rules if the situation calls for it.

This is the end of the suggested rules.

I have a few concerns right now, which I want the players to share their opinions about.
  • Should it be necessary for new players to have an introduction post? This makes it harder to invite new players on the spot from Kongregate chat. The advantage of this rule is to make sure someone has a forum account and knows how to create posts.
  • In Rule 3.1, are 5 minutes enough between games or should they be raised to 10? Nowadays, people only speedbuild. For serious decks, I sometimes find myself to need 10 minutes to avoid making a sloppy deck.
  • Should Rule 4.3 be changed or removed? People have recently began to talk about the meta before or during the game. I do not want to keep any rule that we do not strictly enforce, so if the playerbase wants to keep this rule, we will do our best to enforce this rule more than in the past.
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

blarg: