*Author

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of TimeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of TimeMS Paint Card Art #3 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1172961#msg1172961
« Reply #168 on: December 27, 2014, 01:09:47 pm »
Tournament rules have been updated!

What's new, in short:

- to be allowed to play a tournament, the forum posts limit has been reduced from 10 to 1 post in the "introduce yourself" section.
- Rewards have been reduced; only top 3 players will receive a code. In case of 32 or more players, rewards will be increased.
- some other minor changes
Game questions? Go FAQ yourself!
Forum questions? Go FAQ yourself, again!

Offline Ginyu

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Feel the punch of Gravity!
  • Awards: War #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1172962#msg1172962
« Reply #169 on: December 27, 2014, 02:04:47 pm »
This is gonna be the last tournament of 2014 and also the last tournament with current rules and format.

When I read your big announcement that you pushed in the tourney-thread, it sounded like something that will change the tourneys entirely.
And now, the only real thing that changed are reduced rewards. That's extremely disappointing...
Do you have a great idea for a Weekly Tournament? Post it here!
:aether War #8 :aether          :gravity Trials #9 :gravity
:gravity War #9 :gravity
:water War #10 :water

Offline deuce22

• Master of Aether
  • Reputation Power: 44
  • deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.deuce22 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • never trust a badger
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of Aether10th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of Aether2014 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of AetherWinner of Team PvP #6War #7 Winner - Team Aether7th Trials - Master of AetherWar #6 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner5th Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1172963#msg1172963
« Reply #170 on: December 27, 2014, 02:15:06 pm »
inb4 32-player tournament never happens :P

sad to see reduced rewards :(

Offline Zawadx

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1172966#msg1172966
« Reply #171 on: December 27, 2014, 02:18:19 pm »
It is quite a change. Reduced rewards will affect the tourney dynamic quite a lot, hopefully making them run more smoothly. And post requirement reduction makes it much more open for new members.

Tournaments in this format have been working for a long time, which is why we're keeping most things as they were. A lot of thought was put into analyzing the exact effect of these changes, that much I can assure you. But if you have any ideas for change, feel free to suggest!
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline Ginyu

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Feel the punch of Gravity!
  • Awards: War #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1172968#msg1172968
« Reply #172 on: December 27, 2014, 02:27:05 pm »
It is quite a change. Reduced rewards will affect the tourney dynamic quite a lot, hopefully making them run more smoothly.

May you explain how? The only thing I can see: less rewards, less motivated players.
Do you have a great idea for a Weekly Tournament? Post it here!
:aether War #8 :aether          :gravity Trials #9 :gravity
:gravity War #9 :gravity
:water War #10 :water

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
  • SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of TimeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of TimeMS Paint Card Art #3 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1172969#msg1172969
« Reply #173 on: December 27, 2014, 02:31:36 pm »
About reduced rewards:

I'm sorry, but reward changes were something we had to do; first of all we wanted to make tournament simpler removing 5th-6th place final, that in most cases wasn't played by players (and moreover, it was an out-of-brackets final). Second one, we couldn't mantain old rewards (above all those for more than 16 players), because there would be the risk to inflate the community with "easy" codes, since from 2015 PvP-events will have reward codes too.

Said that, with old rewards, a player who reached the final was already satisfied since he was allowed to think: "well, even if I lose, I'm gonna have my new nymph/mark". This is not the spirit we want to see in a tournament. A final has to be the match where both players give their best to win.

We know well that changes are never welcome, but we also know well you will understand and agree with us, in time.

Offline DoubleCapitals

• Master of Earth
  • Reputation Power: 27
  • DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.DoubleCapitals is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • *whistle*
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of EarthSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake11th Trials - Master of TimeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1172972#msg1172972
« Reply #174 on: December 27, 2014, 02:48:01 pm »
Pretty justified changes to be honest :), wouldn't mind these
L R L R STOP & DASH & UP & TALK B B A B S(tart)

Offline Vangelios

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • War Hardcore Player
  • Awards: War #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2015 3rd PlaceForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 3/2013 WinnerBattle League 2/2013 Second PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2013 3rd PlaceBattle League 3/2012 Winner
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1173169#msg1173169
« Reply #175 on: December 29, 2014, 02:58:51 am »
I loved the awards changes, but can only agree with WC points if the top 7 of leagues receive points, this also believe that many will realize over time.
Brawl - 4 :fire Red Stars
The luck is much Greater, when there effort and patience.

Offline Dm

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 56
  • Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Dm is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1173175#msg1173175
« Reply #176 on: December 29, 2014, 03:24:32 am »
I loved the awards changes, but can only agree with WC points if the top 7 of leagues receive points, this also believe that many will realize over time.

We TO's can only manage the TO section.

Offline busss

• Reputation Power: 1
  • busss is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1173369#msg1173369
« Reply #177 on: December 30, 2014, 12:46:34 pm »
i think that there are not so many people playing tourments because rules are too difficult to be found and learned...or at least for me... the tournaments seem like an elite game for few of you. now even new players can partecipate since the 1 post rule, and so the number of playesrs could grow, but i think that it will be useless since it s difficult for a noob to understand how to join, deck rules and so on...it will be nice to make "tournaments rules for dummies".
 however i know all the organizers work hard for this game, thank you.
if someone needs me , i'm farming alone plat arena  :(

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1173370#msg1173370
« Reply #178 on: December 30, 2014, 12:52:43 pm »
TIL I'm no longer allowed to participate in tourneys because I don't meet the post requirement

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
Re: Elements PvP Tournament - Rules https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=6997.msg1173372#msg1173372
« Reply #179 on: December 30, 2014, 12:57:52 pm »
i think that there are not so many people playing tourments because rules are too difficult to be found and learned...or at least for me... the tournaments seem like an elite game for few of you. now even new players can partecipate since the 1 post rule, and so the number of playesrs could grow, but i think that it will be useless since it s difficult for a noob to understand how to join, deck rules and so on...it will be nice to make "tournaments rules for dummies".
 however i know all the organizers work hard for this game, thank you.
if someone needs me , i'm farming alone plat arena  :(

Some tournaments have more "difficult" rules than others, that's true, but we try to set up tournaments following the "simple is better" way.

Actually, it takes more time to read all tournament general rules than understanding them; but since we need a complete and clear set of rules to handle ALL possible situations, conflicts or issues, we had to write a lot.

A tournament is pretty simple:

-read general rules, at leat once. Just to know that a round can last max 1 hour, that you've to write the match result if you win or that you've to play vs AI is you get disconnected...
-read special rules, that change every tournament
-build some decks, join the tournament and play.

anything
blarg: