*Author

Offline Vangelios

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • War Hardcore Player
  • Awards: War #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2015 3rd PlaceForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 3/2013 WinnerBattle League 2/2013 Second PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2013 3rd PlaceBattle League 3/2012 Winner
Re: Increasing Championship League participation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53397.msg1121973#msg1121973
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2014, 10:26:19 am »
perhaps a single league, but with upgraded negotiable, so veterans can play each other full upped and also vs novice unupped.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2014, 11:58:11 am by Vangelios »
Brawl - 4 :fire Red Stars
The luck is much Greater, when there effort and patience.

Offline Odii Odsen

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Odii Odsen hides under a Cloak.
  • Mr. SoV
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2016 1st PlaceVampire King of Devil's GateChampionship League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2014 2nd place8th Trials - Master of DarknessChampionship League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2013 3rd Place7th Trials - Master of DarknessChampionship League 1/2013 3rd placeChampionship League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 WinnerBeginners League 1/2012 2nd PlaceBeginners League 2/2011 3rd Place
Re: Increasing Championship League participation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53397.msg1121989#msg1121989
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2014, 12:27:20 pm »
About CL, it's a lot different story than BL. Cards are more splashable, more able to run off-mark, and shards become more powerful than in BL. That's why I think we should limit shard usage in CL, if not banned entirely. In BL, shards are okay, as they have a reasonable cost.
Correct! I was wondering why people vote for "yes" (66%) whether people want shards in CL or not. (this thread -> http://elementscommunity.org/forum/general-discussion/do-you-want-shards-to-be-allowed/)
Shards are dominating the game in CL much more than in BL. After some unrestricted matches, CL matches are boring for me.
Don't get me wrong, I like shard games, but it's boring to play with them all the time.
I guess many people voted for "yes" who never joined CL, are new to this game in general or never will join this league.

I think there should be a rule that says:
1. All bans that were stated by a lower-rank player MUST be accepted by the higher-rank player in either League, unless they make gameplay highly restricted or impossible.

This way there shouldn't be a problem with bans. And a secondary rule along with the first should say:
2. If the lower-rank player disagrees on the bans of the higher-rank player, the match proceeds with only the bans of the lower-rank player, otherwise unrestricted.
I really like this rules. There is only one little requirement. It needs more regularly standing updates.
I'm interested in Justaburd's answer.

After the first month, people in BL gets their own standings based on rank. Those who are in the lower half tend to become "suddenly and mysteriously inactive". There are also the ones who are in top ranks, but avoid duelling to keep score. To avoid being a douchebag, I don't press anyone to play with me and neither do others in BL who just play for fun. But this way, against those who exploit rules and/or human emotions/feelings, I suggest the following rule:
3. For every 4-day-intervals, in which a player didn't play a single match, his rank or score drops down automatically.

The interval length and the drop in score/rank may vary based on LO opinion.
Good point. I know it's just an example, but four days are too few. Or it would help if people could "excuse" for a week or two by pm'ing the TO's. Example: for holidays.

I also had an idea that rewards activity. In KotH, winners got 3 points and losers got 1. How about making the losers in Leagues get minor points too? Or would that make the gameplay much different?
To be honest, I don't like this idea. It would just make sense, if you lose 1-2 and not 0-2. How ever, I don't really like it.

A minimum-score limit should be added to CL, just like Odii said. I have seen a lot of newbies who think that upgraded beats all, therefore they either instantly upgrade or sell all their cards. There are a lot of newbies out there who have only 2-3 decks, but all upgraded. I want to exclude these kind of players from CL.
While reading your post, I thought about a guy in CL one or two season ago, who just played 2 different decks. It was totally easy to counter him.

perhaps a single league, but with upgraded negotiable, so veterans can play each other full upped and also vs novice unupped.
That probably won't work. If I would like to play you with upgraded cards and you say, that you want to play unupped. What's the compromise? Half upped?
"It doesn't matter where you are.
It doesn't matter who you are.
It doesn't matter you are.
Odii will beat you regardless of chances." - RavingRabbid

Offline Vangelios

• Legendary Member
  • Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Vangelios is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • War Hardcore Player
  • Awards: War #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2015 3rd PlaceForum Brawl #4 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of FireBattle League 3/2013 WinnerBattle League 2/2013 Second PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2013 3rd PlaceBattle League 3/2012 Winner
Re: Increasing Championship League participation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53397.msg1121991#msg1121991
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2014, 12:35:50 pm »
if this happens the priority is unpped, but look at the possitive side, you do not thrown with only 5 active players, and will certainly use your uppeds in other matches.

Offline Odii Odsen

• Mr. SoV
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2016 1st PlaceVampire King of Devil's GateChampionship League 3/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2014 2nd place8th Trials - Master of DarknessChampionship League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2013 3rd Place7th Trials - Master of DarknessChampionship League 1/2013 3rd placeChampionship League 3/2012 3rd PlaceWinner of Draft #3 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2012 WinnerBeginners League 1/2012 2nd PlaceBeginners League 2/2011 3rd Place
Re: Increasing Championship League participation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53397.msg1121993#msg1121993
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2014, 12:44:17 pm »
Actually I don't care if I have 500 or 5 other guys in a league. Upped games are much more fun for me since I joined CL.
I don't want to play more unupped matches than upped matches. So before putting the leagues together, I rather want a league out of 5 player.

Offline Vangelios

• Legendary Member
  • War Hardcore Player
Re: Increasing Championship League participation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53397.msg1121995#msg1121995
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2014, 12:49:30 pm »
then the only viable solution is to allow players to participate in both leagues, impossible to make just one league in this case.

Offline Odii Odsen

• Mr. SoV
Re: Increasing Championship League participation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53397.msg1121997#msg1121997
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2014, 01:00:29 pm »
then the only viable solution is to allow players to participate in both leagues, impossible to make just one league in this case.
Not sure if it's really needed. But it's cool that people make their thoughts about it.
For me it's more interesting how and whether the shard-rule will be changed.

Offline SpikeSpiegel

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 39
  • SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.SpikeSpiegel is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of TimeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of TimeBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2013 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of TimeMS Paint Card Art #3 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 3rd Place
Re: Increasing Championship League participation https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=53397.msg1122000#msg1122000
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2014, 01:50:01 pm »

I'll try to be shortly...

First ad more important thing, to all those think CL is hard to play with few upgraded cards:

I played my first CL years ago, i had 45k points and 3-4 upped decks. And i placed 3rd. And i'm not so pro, just an average PvP player. So the fear of joining CL because: "OMG it's full of veterans with all cards, i've no chance to win" is POINTLESS.

Said this, lont time ago BL meant Beginners League, and not Battle League, and it was created for newbies. The CL instead grouped all veterans and all those players "not-yet-veterans" but desiring to compete with the more experienced players.

Now, i know well that the score doesn't reflect the skill of a player; but usually the higher the score, the more upped cards you have.

So, taking inspiration by in game Arena, i suggest what's following:

- Four Leagues, Bronze, Silver, Gold and Platinum, following Arena level score table.

- Unupped cards/Upped cards rules like this:
Bronze: no upped cards allowed
Silver: max 10% of upped cards in the deck
Gold: max 50% of upped cards in the deck
Platinum: fully upped decks allowed

- Rewards only for firsts 3 places of each League.
- Increased rewards for higher leagues.

For those who think: "I've 900k score but i don't like upped meta, i wanna play an upped league", two answers:

- Create a new account and play in bronze league
- Ask to your opponent in Platinum if he agrees to play an unupped match.

And i want to remind that almost every PvP event is unupped (or at least partly unupped), so stop using upped cards only to grind Arena/FGs and let's begin to use them in PvP too.

If you read so far, ty.

Game questions? Go FAQ yourself!
Forum questions? Go FAQ yourself, again!

anything
blarg: