*Author

Active members:
The Oracle(1) Kuroaitou(1) Taparu(1) AlainJohns(1) 991woot119(1) popminikee(1) Memorystick(1) Jappert(1) TheCrazyMango(1) TheonlyrealBeef(1) coinich(1) YawnChainHow(1) Chromatophore(1) willng3(1) Seraph(1) Genuinous(1) kev(1) Pineapple(1) gumbeh(1) bogtro(1) agentflare(1) Legit(1) Tuff726(1) vrt(1) Noobiecakes(1) Cannibal7(1) Jocko(1) BumbleSting(1) Dragoon(1) Tiko(1) gomorycut(1) Pella(1) inthisroom(1) Atom_heart(1) godmatrix(1) Paddoo(1) xyan(1) ShrivelTwitch(1) eaglgenes101(1) xn0ize(1) kirbylover314(1) Ryli(1) shockcannon(1) Linkcat(1) Svenningen(2) killsdazombies(2) miniwally(2) artagas(2) ji412jo(2) lukce(2) Smokefree(2) guy_fawkes(2) Ekki(2) ddevans96(2) GG(2) UTAlan(2) atomiton(2) mesaprotector(2) salox(2) treebeard xiii(2) Annele(2) theelkspeaks(2) Zawadx(2) trashduke(2) phoenix1211(2) immortal feud(2) moehrpi(2) MasterWalks(2) lava golem(3) homoaddictus(3) nilsieboy(3) Deamon19(3) Gorthos(3) Silver(3) AnnaMall(3) ARTHANASIOS(3) Zso_Zso(3) Ginyu(3) Aves(3) CactusKing(3) TheOwner(4) DrunkDestroyer(4) vagman13(4) gocubbies1212(4) Xenocidius(4) Vineroz(4) Fippe94(4) Demut(5) calindu(5) worldwideweb3(5) JonathanCrazyJ(5) Kalinuial(5) justaburd(6) Scaredgirl(6) blackknight280(6) Blaze(6) Vindilos(6) Manuel(6) bojengles77(7) plastiqe(7) cccombobreaker(7) Odii Odsen(7) furballdn(8) Elbirn(8) regen2k9(10) DANIEELA(10) Demagog(11) Jen-i(11) RavingRabbid(11) Marsu(11) kaempfer13(14) Wyand(14) pikachufan2164(15) Onizuka(16) mrpaper(17) ralouf(18) Cheesy111(19) blarp(19) rob77dp(19) TStar(22) bucky1andonly(23) dragonsdemesne(23) Vangelios(33) RootRanger(34) Jenkar(40)

Offline Manuel

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg1277386#msg1277386
« Reply #588 on: June 19, 2018, 09:14:26 pm »
People who started with losses never wanted to complete 20 matches anyway. If you started with wins you needed to find enough people who wanted to join league, despite some people losing interest.

even if i started with losses it was near to impossible try to find new matches, almost 40% of the matches was played at the half of march, with no matches from

asdw152 : 2
Kalinuial :1

gg

to

DANIEELA: 2
InsignificantWeeaboo: 1

matches played in the weekend should give more points (not a lot ofc) for the win, at least i know i can enter in chat in the weekend, find players that are encouraged for the bonus and play some matches rather than waste hours in chat writing "league anyone?", or at least make a sort of scheduled meeting/something everyweek

Offline CactusKing

• Reputation Power: 11
  • CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I eat shriekers for breakfast
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 1/2018 2nd PlaceCard Design Competition - Rule BenderSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg1277388#msg1277388
« Reply #589 on: June 20, 2018, 10:28:46 am »
All of them got a nymph/mark code.
No I didn't. Nor did the other guy as far as I know. Neither of us have trophies yet.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 10:30:35 am by CactusKing »
I spilt my blood against the :earth
         Just to see the world in colour.

Offline DANIEELA

• Reputation Power: 19
  • DANIEELA is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.DANIEELA is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.DANIEELA is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • 6000 PVP VICTORIES
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2015 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg1277390#msg1277390
« Reply #590 on: June 20, 2018, 12:42:22 pm »

NOVI SAD,VOJVODINA,SERBIA
WAR:earth#7:time#8,#9,#10:death gen#11:fire#12
Tourneys 12X13,25I14,10I,20VI15,15VI,23VII16,10VI17,8XII18
Well,I'd like to help,but not as much as I'd like not to.

Offline Kalinuial

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Kalinuial is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Sayonara
  • Awards: Elements League 1/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of EarthElements League 1/2018 3rd PlaceDeckbuilding Competition - AI Ascension WinnerWriting Competition: Elements Day
Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg1277632#msg1277632
« Reply #591 on: July 05, 2018, 03:51:46 am »
As of 7/4/18:
-League standings not updated; last update appears to be February; not clear what the rankings are or who the winners are
-2018/1 Leagues matches were reduced to 20 matches at the start of the season; only suggestion in last year or so acted upon
-No other changes have been made to leagues per other feedback (shorten leagues, no breaks in b/w leagues, increased rewards)
-Leagues ended 4/8/18; appears not all reward codes given; reminders on 6/19 and 6/20; as of 7/4, assuming that not all codes have been given still
-Few posts in league forums from League organizers, and last post was May 2, 2018
-No signs of another league season starting soon
-Not on track to get in the 3 traditional 3month periods of leagues in the 2018 calendar year; perhaps that's a good thing and means a reduced timeframe for next leagues?

Possible Suggestions for Leagues–
1. Abolish leagues; consolidate other PVP formats or add new PVP event structure in place of Leagues
2. Hire/train new staff that will be engaged with leagues and “revamp” it
3. Move leagues to the purview of the Event Organizers, where there has been at least one staff regularly managing events
4. Conduct community polls to determine future direction

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg1277638#msg1277638
« Reply #592 on: July 05, 2018, 09:35:55 am »
I think leagues would be better with a signup list and weekly designated opponents tbh
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline CactusKing

• Reputation Power: 11
  • CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I eat shriekers for breakfast
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 1/2018 2nd PlaceCard Design Competition - Rule BenderSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg1277639#msg1277639
« Reply #593 on: July 05, 2018, 09:39:40 am »
I think league would be better if the organisers were active at all... it doesn't matter what rules anyone suggests if LOs don't do their job.
I spilt my blood against the :earth
         Just to see the world in colour.

Offline Vindilos

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Vindilos is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.31.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.24.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeBronze DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2018 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner 03.06.18Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2018 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg1277640#msg1277640
« Reply #594 on: July 05, 2018, 11:09:46 am »
Only 3 people had the 20 required matches. Their winrates are so different you can tell the results without ELO calculations.
Final standings:

1. Vindilos
2. CactusKing
3. Kalinuial

4. worldwideweb3

I already got my icon as you can see. The trick is using medieval torture on Zyardran.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Bunny combines well with onions, carrots and garlic.
(")_(") Copy and Paste Bunny to show your appreciation of a good meal!

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg1277641#msg1277641
« Reply #595 on: July 05, 2018, 11:16:19 am »
Hold up, she just did yours without anyone elses? Come on...
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

Offline Kalinuial

• Sayonara
  • Awards: Elements League 1/2019 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of EarthElements League 1/2018 3rd PlaceDeckbuilding Competition - AI Ascension WinnerWriting Competition: Elements Day
Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg1277642#msg1277642
« Reply #596 on: July 05, 2018, 12:33:14 pm »
Only 3 people had the 20 required matches. Their winrates are so different you can tell the results without ELO calculations.
Final standings:

1. Vindilos
2. CactusKing
3. Kalinuial

4. worldwideweb3

I already got my icon as you can see. The trick is using medieval torture on Zyardran.

I had no idea I would finish third.  I had one of the worst win/loss records If I recall.  I agree with Vindilos that PVP should emphasize quality and not quantity.  But I guess the point is that even if the LOs aren't following through, who is holding them accountable and who higher above cares that some events aren't being managed? I think suggestion 3 - to wrap leagues with the PVP Event Organizer(s) - is the easiest fix, but that depends on those staff's time and willingness.

Offline Kalinuial

• Sayonara
Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg1277643#msg1277643
« Reply #597 on: July 05, 2018, 02:44:04 pm »
Leagues Revamp Idea
1. One continuous 5 month long PVP Leagues event; 4 month regular season, 1 month post-season
2. Season begins few months after War and postseason finishes before Trials begin; ex. January through May
3. Participants must complete exactly same amount of Best of 3 matches during regular season
4. Reasonable # of matches throughout regular season could be from 15-20 (approximately 1 match a week); max 5 matches may count in each of the first 3 months; max 15 matches may count in 4th month
5. Participants can face any other opponent a max of 2x throughout regular season
6. Each month of the season will feature new rule set; one of the months will offer an "element affinity" rule set.  Participants will demonstrate loyalty to an element by building decks within rule parameters for matches that month; this may be thematically linked to upcoming Trials/War
7. Participants will earn points for each win; participant(s) with best record each month get electrum bonus
8. Top 4-8 participants from regular season will get (a) entry to post-season and (b) compete for nymph/mark codes and glory
9. Participants not making it to post-season can win electrum for participation and shared entry into nymph/mark lottery with one lucky winner
10. Participants' post-season upgrades are determined by # of months they participated in regular season - activity for 4 months = ex. 30 upgrades, activity for 3 months = ex. 25 upgrades, etc.; point is to give advantage to participants that were consistent over 4 months;  a participant could join last month and get 15 matches in, but will have reduced upgrades for post-season (if they earned entry)

Other notes:
1. 5 months league period is quite long, but is overall less than 9 months for 3 traditional 3 month seasons
2. The post-season may thematically conflict with PVP World championship?
3. Regular seasons could have a participant "bracket" component in which the league organizer attempts to roughly divide participants (ex. not putting all previous Masters in one bracket)
4. Structure accounts for participants that may join late; they can participate fully if they get matches in, but have disadvantage for post-season upgrades
5. Incorporated feedback from others - no breaks, increased rewards, shorter league, post-season
6. Easy structure for League/Event Organizer to update standings/rules monthly.
7. Element affinity rule set helps participants build their "resume" of element affinity for other events that favor that devotion

« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 02:52:20 pm by Kalinuial »

Offline Kalinuial

• Sayonara
Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg1277644#msg1277644
« Reply #598 on: July 05, 2018, 03:05:03 pm »

Initial proposal is the event be managed by the PVP Event Organizers.  Perhaps there is one merged PVP Event team that oversees tourneys, events, and whatever this league may look like.  So we'd have a PVP event staff and Competition (non-PVP) staff.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2018, 03:10:55 pm by Kalinuial »

Offline Vindilos

• Reputation Power: 8
  • Vindilos is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.31.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.05.24.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeBronze DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2018 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner 03.06.18Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 1/2018 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements PvP League - Suggestions and Feedback https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=7503.msg1277645#msg1277645
« Reply #599 on: July 05, 2018, 03:27:26 pm »
If I recall correctly all league organisers are stepping down or inactive. This is the reason nothing is updated. There is a spot open for a LO, but I fear the new LO gets no support.
I wouldnt mind helping out at all, but I don't want do do everything without a team. I'm going for the TO spot when it opens up.
At some point I suggested letting PvP organisers or tournament organisers take care of league. I dont mind doing both (TO+LO) if it becomes a combined position. Having a team to back me up is an important part however. Getting new TOs is also easier then finding LOs.

Leagues Revamp Idea
1. One continuous 5 month long PVP Leagues event; 4 month regular season, 1 month post-season
2. Season begins few months after War and postseason finishes before Trials begin; ex. January through May
3. Participants must complete exactly same amount of Best of 3 matches during regular season
4. Reasonable # of matches throughout regular season could be from 15-20 (approximately 1 match a week); max 5 matches may count in each of the first 3 months; max 15 matches may count in 4th month
5. Participants can face any other opponent a max of 2x throughout regular season
6. Each month of the season will feature new rule set; one of the months will offer an "element affinity" rule set.  Participants will demonstrate loyalty to an element by building decks within rule parameters for matches that month; this may be thematically linked to upcoming Trials/War
7. Participants will earn points for each win; participant(s) with best record each month get electrum bonus
8. Top 4-8 participants from regular season will get (a) entry to post-season and (b) compete for nymph/mark codes and glory
9. Participants not making it to post-season can win electrum for participation and shared entry into nymph/mark lottery with one lucky winner
10. Participants' post-season upgrades are determined by # of months they participated in regular season - activity for 4 months = ex. 30 upgrades, activity for 3 months = ex. 25 upgrades, etc.; point is to give advantage to participants that were consistent over 4 months;  a participant could join last month and get 15 matches in, but will have reduced upgrades for post-season

Other notes:
1. 5 months league period is quite long, but is overall less than 9 months for 3 traditional 3 month seasons
2. The post-season may thematically conflict with PVP World championship?
3. Regular seasons could have a participant "bracket" component in which the league organizer attempts to roughly divide participants (ex. not putting all previous Masters in one bracket)
4. Structure accounts for participants that may join late; they can participate fully if they get matches in, but have disadvantage for post-season upgrades
5. Incorporated feedback from others - no breaks, increased rewards, shorter league
6. Easy structure for League/Event Organizer to update standings/rules monthly.

Regarding your LRI

3. What if 1 person plays a lot more? Are his extra efforts for nothing? Or does the rest suddenly need to play extra matches?
4. Its hard enough to get people to do 10. If they cant make it to 10, they wont be able to make it to 15 or 20.
5. I think 4 or 5 times seems more reasonable. I played 20 matches last season, and 4 were against Danieela and 5 against Wyand. They were just more active.
6. I like the idea of all allowed (or free choice) for league. If you know somebody is going for master of death you might decide to bring some purifies. People that dont join trials have an advantage here.
7. electrum is not a reward anymore with the current state of arena.
8. similar to my post, agreed
10. I don't like the consistancy idea. It scares people away that have less free time.
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Bunny combines well with onions, carrots and garlic.
(")_(") Copy and Paste Bunny to show your appreciation of a good meal!

anything
blarg: asdw152,Kalinuial,DANIEELA,InsignificantWeeaboo