*Author

Offline WyandTopic starter

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
War #14 ENTROPY https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67985.msg1303011#msg1303011
« on: September 20, 2020, 10:25:18 pm »
Working hard and completing that stuff much slower than expected?

Trying to make a house of cards, but in the last moment breathing a bit too hard?

Making a fine dinner then having that oh-so-desperate look at the dishes?

Playing ludo, but getting your token repeatedly kicked off the table?

Not finding your pen?

WE ARE EVERYWHERE.

WE ARE ENTROPY.

S = k ln w

or

ΔS = ΔQ / T
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

• Tournament Organizer
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: War #14 ENTROPY https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67985.msg1303064#msg1303064
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2020, 10:34:04 pm »
Free looting, pillaging, rampaging, raising chaos!

Trolling!

Making options multiply!

Pirating!

Ponies!

... What else do you wish for?
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: War #14 ENTROPY https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67985.msg1303065#msg1303065
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2020, 10:36:02 pm »
A war that's gonna happen? :P

The ponies sound nice tho
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

• Tournament Organizer
  • Not So Young Elemental
Re: War #14 ENTROPY https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67985.msg1303253#msg1303253
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2020, 05:00:25 pm »
:entropybig
Welcome to Team Entropy, mathman!

Offline DoctorC

• Reputation Power: 24
  • DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Pixelated Elementals
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWar #14 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.07.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.03.22.)Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: A New Standard
Re: War #14 ENTROPY https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67985.msg1303254#msg1303254
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2020, 06:16:37 pm »
But... I'm not mathman. I think you grabbed the wrong life elemental
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery
Pixelartist, Translator and Architect in one body.

• Tournament Organizer
  • Not So Young Elemental
Re: War #14 ENTROPY https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67985.msg1303255#msg1303255
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2020, 06:25:41 pm »
sorry mate, I cannot bring everyone aboard :(

• Tournament Organizer
  • Not So Young Elemental
Re: War #14 ENTROPY https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67985.msg1303264#msg1303264
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2020, 12:30:06 am »
Welcome to Team Entropy, Zyardran!

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: War #14 ENTROPY https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67985.msg1303265#msg1303265
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2020, 12:31:43 am »
The unholy presence nods slowly, seemingly in deep thought...

Heyy, this seems a bit ironic, my first and last wars are on team entropy! Let's go bois

Spoiler for Hidden:
« Last Edit: October 09, 2020, 12:39:57 am by Zyardran »
Current profile picture

• Tournament Organizer
  • Not So Young Elemental
Re: War #14 ENTROPY https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67985.msg1304077#msg1304077
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2020, 03:54:25 pm »
Dear fellow players!

I'm writing this post, because I felt this is something I had to do.
It wasn't the first time when someone mentioned me that continually
cursing rng and circumstances might be perceived by others as not
respecting the opponent. I'd like to clear this once and for all.

Yes, when losing I am usually very sore. I am aware of it. People
might say I should keep my emotions at bay. Regretfully I always
vent publicly. I'm sure everyone is pissed at least a bit when
losing, but seems people give less importance to the results of
a card game fought through the internet.

First of all I respect my opponent. I can tell the same about most
of the players here, though I must stop here for a moment. It happened
to me on multiple occasions when I faced disrespect, because as a
newcomer I was able to beat someone in PvP. But because this happened
privately I cannot prove anything. Thankfully it isn't the base mental
setting of players here. Other thing I'd like to mention is the pressure.
I know some of this pressure is created by myself, at the same time
another half of it created by the community. I talked privately to
players who could easily play War (looking at their expertise), but
they kinda avoid that because they feel too much pressure from the
community. You have to win, because only the very competitive players
stayed, and those who value fun playing sorta disappeared. I know
you will ask me if I'm pointing fingers at specific persons. No.
I'm not even sure most of you understand what am I talking
about. You have to be in a specific position to feel this pressure.

What I wanted to convey here, that it feels bad to be the "disrespectful
problem kid" in the eyes of a lot of players. Ah, you could say:
then don't be. Although I can refine my style, I don't want to be dishonest
about how I feel. I checked back my earlier War posts, and yes, I agree
that I should tone it down a bit. This stuff is way too important to me.
I always feel like I never proved myself to this community, people
only joking like "haha, Wyand RNG", "bad mindgater" etcetera, and it ends
in an unhealthy desire to prove myself again and again. This and my
background leads into such stupid situations when 20 mins before deadline
I'm stressing so much that I lose focus and I have no idea what to do.
Eventually, only 8 cards penalty, because Naii is a great guy.
(No irony here! We are really glad, both Zya and me guessed it'll be more.)

Huh, maybe a TL;DR? I'm sad about my perceived image.
And I apologize if I ever was disrespectful to anyone.

Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Not So Young Elemental
Re: War #14 ENTROPY https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67985.msg1304132#msg1304132
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2020, 09:47:16 pm »
Right now I don't mind that this game dies. It deserves it. The more rng in a game, the more death it deserves.

I didn't want this closure.

Thanks Zya for all your help.

Offline Zyardran

• Legendary Member
Re: War #14 ENTROPY https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67985.msg1304158#msg1304158
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2020, 12:23:30 am »
we got wyand falling to his doom after his faithful draconic partner bites the dust, and mathman sitting on the poor general's head
Spoiler for Hidden:
Current profile picture

blarg: