*Author

Offline InsignificantWeeabooTopic starter

• Newsletter Writer
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: Draw Seven WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Design Competition - The Oracle's New Year's Party WinnerWriting Competition: Haphazard Heroics WinnerDeckbuilding Competition - The Mastery Gauntlet WinnerWriting Competition: H.E.A.T. WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake
Viva Las Vegas - PvP Event https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66316.msg1279805#msg1279805
« on: September 03, 2018, 05:32:12 am »
Viva Las Vegas - Rules
Original idea by: InsignificantWeeaboo   |   Developed by: InsignificantWeeaboo   |   Organized by: TBD

Players take a chance at gaining cards, elements, upgrades, or electrum to use while risking bankruptcy.

1. HOW TO SIGN UP?

Anyone with a forum and a chat account can sign up for this event. Start by reading the rules very carefully. Then sign up by posting on a separate sign up topic. If you cannot find a sign up topic, or if it is locked, this event is not currently active, and you will have to wait for it to restart.

Maximum amount of players is unlimited.

Also, please PM the EO in charge of this event your hand. (A vault of 5 cards.)

2. GRACE PERIOD

Each player starts with 5 cards in their hand, 10 upgrades, and 1000 :electrum. There is a grace period before each round, where players can take different actions for different prizes. You may not make yourself bankrupt by wasting all your money on actions, and you must have at least 125 :electrum left over. A player can only take one type of action, with the exception of Craps and the Bar.

50-250 :electrum- Craps: You may state your prediction on the results of your match. If your bet is correct, you gain N/50 upgrades (N= :electrum wagered)
100 :electrum- Slot Machine: 3 12-sided dice are rolled 3 times, representing all 12 elements in order of bazaar (1=Entropy, 2=Death, etc.) Each element that you roll must be used in your decks. Your hand can be disregarded. A pair gives you 75 :electrum, and a three-of-a-kind gives you 150 :electrum. You can roll one set again for an unlimited amount of tries, each 4th retry overrides the 1st try including prizes.
Spoiler for Example of the Rerolling Process:
Spin 1: :death :earth :earth (+75 :electrum)
S2: :darkness :death :earth
S3: :time :fire :fire (+75 :electrum)
S4: :air :fire :aether Once this is rolled, Spin 1 will not be available for deckbuilding, and you will receive 75 :electrum instead of 150.
S5: :darkness :life :water This will override Spin 2, and vice versa.

If you choose to stop there, :air :fire :aether trios, :time :fire duos, and :darkness :life :water trios are available for deckbuilding.
150 :electrum- Hit Me!: A random non-pillar/pendulum card is drawn using the /draw e function. This card is permanently added to your hand. This action can be taken up to 3 times. You will not gain any duplicates, nor will you gain a card that's already in your hand.
Bar: (Opens at the end of Round 3) This isn't exactly a game, it's more like a shop. The bartender sells an alchemy card (or drink) of your choice that will be put into your hand for the round. Once the round ends, you can't use it anymore. You may not buy a drink that is already in your hand.
Spoiler for Bar Prices:
Irvin's Inversion (Antimatter) - 125 :electrum
Lady Death's Essence (Aflatoxin) - 75 :electrum
Pan-Galactic Gargle Blaster (Black Hole) - 125 :electrum
Basilisk's Blood - 150 :electrum
Irish Coffee (Adrenaline) - 200 :electrum
Cinnamon Cider (Rage Potion) - 175 :electrum
Narissa's Tears (Nymph's Tears) - 200 :electrum
Holy Water (Luciferin) - 50 :electrum
Explosive Tonic (Unstable Gas) - 175 :electrum
Pea Shooter (Precognition) - 50 :electrum
Liquid Shadow - 75 :electrum
Quint's Turquoise Gin (Quintessence) - 100 :electrum

A warning will be placed for the people that don't have cards in their hand. If they don't take Hit Me! or Bar as their action, they will be eliminated from the event.

You must PM the EO what your action/actions will be by the end of the first 3 days of the week.

In addition to this, events will happen that may either benefit or harm the players.
(EX. All actions 50% off, another shop opening up for a limited time, a new mechanic)

3. MATCHES

Players will be matched based on what action they took (Priority is Hit Me! & Slot Machine, Bar, Craps; This might change depending on if other actions open up.), which is then randomized. If an odd number of players took an action, they are paired up with any other left over players. Otherwise, they are granted a bye and lose 50 :electrum. Matches are Bo5. The minimum reward for winning is 125 :electrum from the loser, but both players can raise the stakes by bidding more electrum, cards from their hand, or upgrades. Maximum wager is only restricted by the amount of what you have.
Spoiler for What a Bid Might Look Like:
For each scenario, Player1 and Player2 are paired up against each other. They both have 15 upgrades, 500 :electrum, and 7 cards in their hand. Player1 has Colossal Dragon, Firefly, Emerald Dragon, Hope, Dagger, Golden Dragon, and Blue Crawler in their hand. Player2 has Immolation, Sky Blitz, Procrastination, Forest Spirit, Mindgate, Phase Dragon, and Thunderstorm.

Ex 1: Player1 wagers 150 :electrum, while Player 2 wagers 75 :electrum. The reward is now 350 :electrum
Ex 2: Player1 wagers 5 upgrades, while Player 2 wagers 75 :electrum. The reward is now 200 :electrum and 5 upgrades.
Ex 3: Player1 wagers his Dagger and Hope, while Player 2 wagers 3 upgrades. The reward is now 125 :electrum, 3 upgrades, and the cards Dagger and Hope.
Ex 4: Player1 wagers his Emerald Dragon, Firefly, and Discord. Player 2 wagers his Forest Spirit, 4 upgrades, and 50 :electrum. The reward is now 175 :electrum, 4 upgrades, and the cards Emerald Dragon, Firefly, and Forest Spirit. Discord is not counted since Player1 doesn't have that card.
Ex 5: Player1 wagers 550 :electrum, while Player2 wagers 17 upgrades. The reward is now 625 :electrum and 15 upgrades. If players wager more electrum or upgrades than what they have, the reward is reduced to the maximum amount of what each player actually has. (500 :electrum, and 15 upgrades respectively.)
Ex 6: Player1 wagers 4 upgrades, while Player2 doesn't wager anything. The reward is now 125 :electrum and 4 upgrades.

Spoiler for Deckbuilding Rules:
  • The # of upgrades allowed may vary, but each player starts with 10.
  • Deck size is unrestricted.
  • If you chose to spin the Slot Machine, you must use all of the elements you rolled in each of your decks. If you rolled :gravity :earth :aether, :water :fire :fire, and :gravity :death :death you must use a :gravity :earth :aether trio, a :gravity :death duo, and a :water :fire duo in no particular order. You may not use one combination of elements more than 2 times.
  • Otherwise, you must use at least 6 copies of a card from your hand in your decks.[/desc]
  • Shards are restricted to 6 copies throughout the match.
  • Pillars, pendulums, and Marks of any element are unrestricted.
  • You may only use a drink in the round you bought it in.

Any illegal decks will be considered a loss for that game.

Players will have the rest of the week to make their matches happen. They must contact their opponents, using whatever method of communication suits them (even carrier pigeon) and try to find a time that suits both. Please keep a copy of all PMs sent and received, in case the fight doesn't happen. If one player is clearly more active in trying to find a suitable time, they will receive the win. Event organizer will determine who the most active player was.

It's a good idea to either record the matches, or take screenshots as proof, in case something weird, like a desync error, happens. If there is a dispute in a game, PM all pertinent information to the Event Organizer and continue on with that duel. The EO will look at all the information and make a ruling. Remember, a player who gets caught cheating, will be permanently banned from all Elements community PvP events, so please play fair.

Battle results and decks will be posted in the "Round X" Thread. If a player loses money or has zero cards in their hand (unless they have enough money to buy cards), they are bankrupt and eliminated from the event.

4. WINNER AND REWARD

The winner is the person with the most money after 10 rounds OR the last person standing. They will receive glory, and the following award icon: TBD
Additionally, the top 4 players will receive World Championship Points...if it's still relevant by then.

Spoiler for Changelog:
9/3/2018 = Added clarifications, examples, changed the match deadline, and slightly changed some rules.
9/4/2018 = Changed the match deadline and grace period, and added that there are no restrictions for pillars, pends, and marks.
9/8/2019 = Changed the match deadline and grace period again, added examples of what events could be, and marked Slot Machine to be replaced.
(DEVELOPER'S NOTE: This is only a rough draft, and is subject to change. Feedback is greatly appreciated.)
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 08:08:49 pm by InsignificantWeeaboo »
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
Team :gravity Gen. (War #12)
Team :gravity Soldier (War #13)
Team :light Soldier (War #14)

Offline shockcannon

• Master of Fire
  • shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner13th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Viva Las Vegas - PvP Event https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66316.msg1279808#msg1279808
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2018, 07:33:45 am »
I like this idea but I feel like there is currently a lot of missing information required to play this event, specifically regarding a player's "hand." Like how does one create a hand to start with or lose cards from a hand? Also how many games are played in each match with someone else? Betting with players over your match is kind of confusing on how that works also. I also don't understand the last sentence of slot machine and rerolling works. It seems like the best strategy for having the most money and not getting eliminated early is to just take no action at all and hold on to all your money. However, you state if you hand runs out you lose, but the only way to get a hand appears to be through hit me or the bar. Does this mean that everyone needs to do either hit me or the bar for their very first action in round 1?

Adding a lot of examples would be helpful in explaining this. I'm familiar with betting games but how this works out in regards to each round of the event seems really confusing with the current information available in your explanation.
You are what you eat from your head to your feet

Offline CactusKing

• Reputation Power: 11
  • CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I eat shriekers for breakfast
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 1/2018 2nd PlaceCard Design Competition - Rule BenderSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Viva Las Vegas - PvP Event https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66316.msg1279815#msg1279815
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2018, 10:55:52 am »
At first glance this looks like a gimmicky and rng-based version of war, but I read it again and actually think this could be fun.
Regarding the "hand", (aside from the name potentially causing confusion with the actual in-game hand), the functions you described for it similar to the war vault, and calling it a sideboard doesn't make sense to me.

Some questions:
  • What happens if you have no cards in your hand?
  • Can you make up the required six copies of a card from your hand by combining them? e.g. can I have relic and scarab in my hand, and build a deck with 3 scarabs and 3 relics?
  • As is, picking 5 cards and limiting yourself to using any of those cards in a deck is not much of a restriction. I won't name cards here, but one could play near unrestricted with the right choices. Do you intend to balance it? If so, how?
  • "This card is permanently added to your hand. Can be played up to 3 times." This seems contradictory, please elaborate.
  • "You will not gain any duplicates, nor will you gain a card that's already in your hand." Is there a difference between these?

I look forward to seeing how this progresses.
I spilt my blood against the :earth
         Just to see the world in colour.

• Newsletter Writer
  • InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: Draw Seven WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Design Competition - The Oracle's New Year's Party WinnerWriting Competition: Haphazard Heroics WinnerDeckbuilding Competition - The Mastery Gauntlet WinnerWriting Competition: H.E.A.T. WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake
Re: Viva Las Vegas - PvP Event https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66316.msg1279831#msg1279831
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2018, 03:17:14 pm »
Q&A (All replies in orange.):

I like this idea but I feel like there is currently a lot of missing information required to play this event, specifically regarding a player's "hand." Like how does one create a hand to start with or lose cards from a hand? At the very beginning of the event, you choose 5 cards as your starting hand and PM it to the EO. So far, the only way to lose cards is by wagering them in your match; this might be changed. Also how many games are played in each match with someone else? Matches are Best out of 5, but each player plays one person each round. Betting with players over your match is kind of confusing on how that works also. The main summary is that you will take an amount of electrum, upgrades, or card and post it on the Round topic before you start your match.This will be clarified in the main topic. I also don't understand the last sentence of slot machine and rerolling works. Whenever you reroll a 4th time, the 1st combination is removed. This will also be clarified in the main topic. It seems like the best strategy for having the most money and not getting eliminated early is to just take no action at all and hold on to all your money. I'm currently debating over what should happen if one doesn't choose to take an action, since the match pairing system is based on that. However, you state if you hand runs out you lose, but the only way to get a hand appears to be through hit me or the bar. Also, wagering cards. (And maybe a couple of events). Does this mean that everyone needs to do either hit me or the bar for their very first action in round 1? People can either take Slot Machine, Craps, Hit Me!, or (as of right now) do nothing as their first action. Bar doesn't open until Round 3 ends. Right now there aren't many actions one can take, which I might change by adding a couple more.

Adding a lot of examples would be helpful in explaining this. Probably gonna end up doing this. I'm familiar with betting games but how this works out in regards to each round of the event seems really confusing with the current information available in your explanation.

At first glance this looks like a gimmicky and rng-based version of war, but I read it again and actually think this could be fun.
Regarding the "hand", (aside from the name potentially causing confusion with the actual in-game hand), the functions you described for it similar to the war vault, and calling it a sideboard doesn't make sense to me.

Some questions:
  • What happens if you have no cards in your hand?
If you don't have cards in your hand during grace period, you'll be given a warning to either take Hit Me! for your action or Bar. Slot Machine will be unavailable as an available action. If you still don't have cards by then, you are considered eliminated.
  • Can you make up the required six copies of a card from your hand by combining them? e.g. can I have relic and scarab in my hand, and build a deck with 3 scarabs and 3 relics?
Yes.
  • As is, picking 5 cards and limiting yourself to using any of those cards in a deck is not much of a restriction. I won't name cards here, but one could play near unrestricted with the right choices. Do you intend to balance it? If so, how?
Currently, I'm not sure how to balance this. I'll try to come up with a better "hand system" once I brainstorm a bit.
  • "This card is permanently added to your hand. Can be played up to 3 times." This seems contradictory, please elaborate.
The phrase "Can be played up to 3 times." refers to the action, not the card received. This will be added to the main topic.
  • "You will not gain any duplicates, nor will you gain a card that's already in your hand." Is there a difference between these?
Duplicates: It is impossible to gain 2 of the same card in 3 Hit Mes! (ex. It is impossible to get Dagger, Antlion, Dagger.) Already In Hand: If the initial card you would have gained is already in your hand, it is redrawn. (ex. If Discord is drawn but you already have it, the card will be redrawn for something else.)

I look forward to seeing how this progresses. I appreciate that you see potential in this.

if a round last 2 weeks this will be an event longer than war, Fair point, changed to 1 1/2. i don't remember who suggested something similar for league, but with rounds at the half of the event probably more than the half of the players will have no chance to win

all this and two weeks for a simple bo5 is really too much, Does this still apply to the new deadline? if u turn this into a team thing u remove a lot of work for tros,, peoples won't lose interest and less team/players mean is more "easy" make a comeback half league, but it will be even more similar to war As much as teams sounds like a good idea, I want to try and stray away from this being like War as much as possible. Might consider making it teams, but right now I'm gonna have it stay as it is.

In addition to this, events will happen that may either benefit or harm the players.
dear god no, this isn't monopoly Hmm.

In general, I suggest clarifying everything here, rather than stating it will be clarified in the main topic. In most cases, I've been adding summarized clarifications to the answers and main topic. The only time I didn't do that was with one of shockcannon's questions, which has been fixed. You do have a point, though. Clear and concise rules are an important part in pvp events. For the best feedback, it is best everyone interested knows and understands the rules. You do not need to plan for every contingency, but something as fundamental as betting should probably be included. In a way, if the event idea is proposed in a complete manner, this is the main topic.

if a round last 2 weeks this will be an event longer than war, Fair point, changed to 1 1/2.
The gold standard of one match is one week. If actions need to be done separately (grace period), having 4-5 days for that and 9-10 days for matches for the sake of consistently having the same weekend day for sending in your actions may be a valid argument. Two weeks for both phases combined is already quite long compared to most pvp events. Agreed, will change the deadlines to this.

100 :electrum- Slot Machine: 3 12-sided dice are rolled 3 times, representing all 12 elements in order of bazaar (1=Entropy, 2=Death, etc.) Each element that you roll must be used in your decks. Your hand can be disregarded. A pair gives you 75 :electrum, and a three-of-a-kind gives you 150 :electrum. You can roll one set again for an unlimited amount of tries, each 4th retry overrides the 1st try including prizes.
This seems very odd to me. Does the organizer roll the sets? Yes. Because then you should not allow unlimited retries. If you have unlimited retries, this is theoretically the same as being able to choose the outcome. Just much, much more frustrating. Do you have any suggestions for how many retries I should have?

I currently find it hard to guess what your options are for deckbuilding and how the actions modify your options. If it is true that you can just pick Fractal, Dimensional Shield and some other stuff for your starting hand? Right now, yes. I'm gonna brainstorm a better system for choosing your hand.
For hit me, at least half the cards in Elements will be worthless to you. But then again, what exactly do cards in your hand really do, and what cards not in your hand can you use? Probably Pillars/Pendulums/Mark cards? Yep. Better update that. What about anything else? How will you use the elements you get from the slot machine, if you do not have a card from any of those elements in your hand? If you chose Slot Machine as your action, you can disregard your hand entirely. And when does a card count as used? One pendulum from two of the elements and the rest of the cards from a third element makes for a very lousy -but effective- trio. I was thinking of having at least 4 non-quanta cards in your deck count as using an element, similarly to how TPvP has that limitation.

Why are zero-cost cards excluded from hit me? I was debating on changing this. I'll change the wording to non-pillar/pendulums. Immolation and Nova are extremely useful cards that would be excluded from hit me this way, while I do not see any such restrictions for your starting hand.

Finally, it may help to group together the starting conditions, like a hand of 5, 10 upgrades and 1000 electrum. Will do.

This may seem like a lot of criticism, but I hope it will help you clarify the rules of the event ^^

Slot machine is bad. Addiction is bad. RNG in events is bad. Ton of activities for the organizer is bad. I suggest you think of something else for the slot machine or remove it entirely. I'll think of something to replace Slot Machine.

Also, you should have a some examples of how impactful these random "events" will have, otherwise the organizer will have no idea what you mean by that. A couple of events I was thinking of were different sales on certain actions, a couple of other "stores" showing up for a limited amount of time (ex. Arms Dealer), or even some type of new mechanic showing up for the round (Maybe a revelation of a card in another player's hand?).

Most people play in the weekend. You should have the first 2-3 days from the week as that "grace" period and the rest for the matches. No reason to have 2 week long rounds. Technically 1 1/2 weeks, but that's still pretty long. Might end up going with this.

How does bidding cards work? You're supposed to win what you bet from your opponent, so how do you win cards your opponent doesn't have? You don't. If your opponent bids a card they don't have, that card will not be added to the reward for winning. If you lose, you just give them the cards. If you win, do they just give any of their cards or what? I might be misinterpreting this question, but they give the cards that they selected for bidding.

A couple of polls might be added regarding certain changes, if this gains more interest.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 08:00:49 pm by InsignificantWeeaboo »
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA

Offline Manuel

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Viva Las Vegas - PvP Event https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66316.msg1279832#msg1279832
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2018, 03:23:53 pm »
Players will have 2 1/2 weeks to make their matches happen

The winner is the person with the most money after 10 rounds.

if a round last 2 weeks this will be an event longer than war, i don't remember who suggested something similar for league, but with rounds at the half of the event probably more than the half of the players will have no chance to win

all this and two weeks for a simple bo5 is really too much, if u turn this into a team thing u remove a lot of work for tros,, peoples won't lose interest and less team/players mean is more "easy" make a comeback half league, but it will be even more similar to war

dear god no, this isn't monopoly

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Viva Las Vegas - PvP Event https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66316.msg1279907#msg1279907
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 07:47:05 pm »
In general, I suggest clarifying everything here, rather than stating it will be clarified in the main topic. Clear and concise rules are an important part in pvp events. For the best feedback, it is best everyone interested knows and understands the rules. You do not need to plan for every contingency, but something as fundamental as betting should probably be included. In a way, if the event idea is proposed in a complete manner, this is the main topic.

if a round last 2 weeks this will be an event longer than war, Fair point, changed to 1 1/2.
The gold standard of one match is one week. If actions need to be done separately (grace period), having 4-5 days for that and 9-10 days for matches for the sake of consistently having the same weekend day for sending in your actions may be a valid argument. Two weeks for both phases combined is already quite long compared to most pvp events.

This seems very odd to me. Does the organizer roll the sets? Because then you should not allow unlimited retries. If you have unlimited retries, this is theoretically the same as being able to choose the outcome. Just much, much more frustrating.

I currently find it hard to guess what your options are for deckbuilding and how the actions modify your options. If it is true that you can just pick Fractal, Dimensional Shield and some other stuff for your starting hand?
For hit me, at least half the cards in Elements will be worthless to you. But then again, what exactly do cards in your hand really do, and what cards not in your hand can you use? Probably Pillars/Pendulums/Mark cards? What about anything else? How will you use the elements you get from the slot machine, if you do not have a card from any of those elements in your hand? And when does a card count as used? One pendulum from two of the elements and the rest of the cards from a third element makes for a very lousy -but effective- trio.

Why are zero-cost cards excluded from hit me? Immolation and Nova are extremely useful cards that would be excluded from hit me this way, while I do not see any such restrictions for your starting hand.

Finally, it may help to group together the starting conditions, like a hand of 5, 10 upgrades and 1000 electrum.

This may seem like a lot of criticism, but I hope it will help you clarify the rules of the event ^^

• Newsletter Writer
Re: Viva Las Vegas - PvP Event https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66316.msg1280088#msg1280088
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 05:38:11 am »
So I've been thinking over the hand system, and I came up with 3 alternative systems. Gonna put up a poll and see if that regains more interest in this.

EDIT: Poll's up.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2018, 05:41:03 am by InsignificantWeeaboo »

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Viva Las Vegas - PvP Event https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66316.msg1280110#msg1280110
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2018, 07:03:43 pm »
Slot machine is bad. Addiction is bad. RNG in events is bad. Ton of activities for the organizer is bad. I suggest you think of something else for the slot machine or remove it entirely.

Also, you should have a some examples of how impactful these random "events" will have, otherwise the organizer will have no idea what you mean by that.

Most people play in the weekend. You should have the first 2-3 days from the week as that "grace" period and the rest for the matches. No reason to have 2 week long rounds.

How does bidding cards work? You're supposed to win what you bet from your opponent, so how do you win cards your opponent doesn't have? If you lose, you just give them the cards. If you win, do they just give any of their cards or what?

anything
blarg: InsignificantWeeaboo