*Author

Active members:
willng3(3)

Offline willng3Topic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 77
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Your tears are delicious
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Regarding the 1.32 Shards changes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45231.msg1023832#msg1023832
« on: December 20, 2012, 04:37:41 am »
Dear forum goers,

As I'm sure most of you are aware, the latest Shard changes are likely going to mean that some of you will have to part ways with your favorite decks as you attempt to find something that can take their places.

However, I would like to take this time to ask that you do not necro topics simply to say...
Goodbye old friend :(
Or
Doesn't work after 1.32 :\
Etc.  If you want to say something about the deck in question that you feel needs to be said, then suggest ways to fix it, or ask for others to help you fix it.

Stay tuned for more information on how this patch will affect the Decks sections.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 06:52:37 am by antiaverage »
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

Forum reigned by my mixtape

• Legendary Member
  • willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.willng3 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Awards: 10th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar Correspondent Competition - WinnnerWeekly Tournament Winner6th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake5th Trials - Master of Life4th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeShort Story: Rare Mythology Competition Winner
Re: Regarding the new Shards changes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45231.msg1028626#msg1028626
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 03:15:31 am »
Update:

Now that 1.32 is live everyone will be expected to post their Deck Ideas in this board instead of the Beta Decks section.  This also means that I'll need to discuss how the shard change will affect things for the future.

Shards will no longer be considered Other cards.  Yes, they will now be categorized by their Elements as you'd expect.  This consequently means that the deck sections will experience quite a bit of topic moving over the next few days.

The shard change will also make a very large number of decks completely unusable.  After discussing this with the Administrators, we have decided that creating a section for these "broken" decks is the best way to deal with this issue.  These decks will be moved into the Archived Decks section.

What topics will be moved into the Archived Decks section? :
-Only topics that feature a card selection that is no longer usable after an update occurred.  At the time that this post was created this only includes the Mitosis + Weapon combination, but will include several more examples as I filter through each and every Deck section.

What topics will NOT be moved into the Archived Decks section:
-Anything that was nerfed but not broken by an update.  Yes, this means that SG's Ultimate FG Killer will stay in the Rainbow Decks section.
-Decks built to abuse the AI which were made less effective after the AI was updated.  Prime examples being Voodoo FG decks.

Threads which feature multiple decks, some of which are broken and some of which are not affected will remain in their respective sections, but I will insert a note addressing the fact that some of the decks are outdated into each one of them.

The Deck Image builder is in the process of being updated for both the 1.31 update to the deck images as well as the change of shard codes, however this will take time before it is put into place.  Hopefully this will also be accompanied by the old Shard codes being replaced with their respective 1.32 counterparts.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask me though I'll be understandably more busy for the next several days :D
« Last Edit: January 05, 2013, 05:24:14 am by willng3 »
"If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals"

• Legendary Member
Re: Regarding the new Shards changes https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=45231.msg1029771#msg1029771
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 05:32:58 am »
Update 2:

Moving to Archived Decks has been completed.  Most, if not all, decks remaining in the Deck Ideas section are still functional to a degree and without cards that are completely dead to the deck after 1.32.  If you happen to come across a deck that I have missed during my sweep, please use the Report to Moderator button and I'll look into it.  However, remember that submissions posted in the Deck Help section will be ignored.

As an added bonus(?) I've also added comments to the top of each thread for each deck that seemed to be noticeably affected by the 1.32 update.  Common cases of this occurred in decks that used Quantum Towers or Novae to continue to fuel quanta needed for changed Shards. 
-  If your deck happens to have had one of these comments added to it, it does not mean that your deck is or ever was bad.  It just means that its performance is now noticeably slower or less efficient than it used to be.  You can still fix it if you wish.
-  If you happen to disagree with me adding one of these comments to your deck's thread then feel free to remove it; it shouldn't be possible for me to look over thousands of deck threads and not overlook something somewhere.  Just remember that if you are incorrect in believing that the deck isn't changed at all, then any criticism you receive is entirely your responsibility to deal with.

The only threads that I did not attempt to sort through for outdated/obsolete deck ideas were those posted in the Deck Compilations section which were either a collection of deck ideas that a user has posted throughout the forums or that were used in an event such as Leagues or Trials.  I will leave these to the users that posted them to update if they choose to.

Random trivia:  The Duos section is now 12 pages shorter.

Updating of Deck images in the opening post of threads to include the new Shards and their respective codes should begin within the next 24 hours (hopefully).

If you have any additional questions, again, feel free to ask me.

blarg: