*Author

Offline hb2007Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 1
  • hb2007 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Scale of awesome: Otyugh --> Gravity ---> Elements
Re: Truly Kryptic - Online puzzle game (50 levels) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65217.msg1270667#msg1270667
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 09:07:05 am »
In level 13 there actually isn't a connection. Apply this advice from the Getting started page: "Whenever you find a new word, try it out. If it's not the answer, it might contain another hint that will bring you closer to the answer."
~hb2007~
“Reply to wit with gravity, and to gravity with wit." -- Charles Caleb Colton

Offline Zawadx

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Truly Kryptic - Online puzzle game (50 levels) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65217.msg1270674#msg1270674
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2017, 12:58:06 pm »
What does level 14b even want? Hopelessly stuck there.
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Offline DoctorC

• Reputation Power: 24
  • DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Pixelated Elementals
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWar #14 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.07.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.03.22.)Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: A New Standard
Re: Truly Kryptic - Online puzzle game (50 levels) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65217.msg1270675#msg1270675
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2017, 01:14:44 pm »
What does level 14b even want? Hopelessly stuck there.

Some sort of widely known code. Really, REALLY widely.

We'd like to have an answer to lvl 17. Dawn didn't wanna help us :c
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery
Pixelartist, Translator and Architect in one body.

Re: Truly Kryptic - Online puzzle game (50 levels) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65217.msg1270698#msg1270698
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2017, 06:14:49 pm »
Level 17 is one of the easier ones. Just connect the picture with the text hints and it will be obvious what you need to do.
~hb2007~

Offline Zawadx

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Zawadx brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Officially Eisoptrophobic
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Won War as a Worthless WarriorWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 Winner - Team FireBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Truly Kryptic - Online puzzle game (50 levels) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65217.msg1270699#msg1270699
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2017, 06:18:08 pm »
Level 17 is one of the easier ones. Just connect the picture with the text hints and it will be obvious what you need to do.

Is 29 centred on a tedious rearrangement puzzle? Or is there something elegant I'm missing.
When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Re: Truly Kryptic - Online puzzle game (50 levels) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65217.msg1270702#msg1270702
« Reply #17 on: November 06, 2017, 06:40:03 pm »
29 is indeed an arrangement puzzle but it doesn't have be that tedious if you start with the obvious connections and proceed.
~hb2007~

Offline Fippe94

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeGold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of DeathBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Truly Kryptic - Online puzzle game (50 levels) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65217.msg1270719#msg1270719
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2017, 08:59:13 pm »
Yeah, it's clearly not "obvious" to everyone. I mean it's easy to say for the creators that something is "obvious" but it rarely is equally obvious for the players. There are a bunch of possible things to start with, and I find it hard to believe there is only a single solution. Some of the small stuff seems easy to move around to several different places.
Try Fragments, my card game!

cvengrcnq qbg arg fynfu frperg cnffjbeq
KVVV > KYIVV

Re: Truly Kryptic - Online puzzle game (50 levels) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65217.msg1270734#msg1270734
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2017, 10:28:15 pm »
You're right about 29, I looked at it again and I agree it can be quite difficult. The fact that some blocks have only 1 letter probably make it hard for someone who doesn't know the answer already. I am working on an easier version of the puzzle, check back in an hour or so.
~hb2007~

Offline Foraker

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Foraker hides under a Cloak.
  • Havenite
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Truly Kryptic - Online puzzle game (50 levels) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65217.msg1270764#msg1270764
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2017, 10:58:15 am »
Number 6 is super easy. Have you never owned one of those old phones?

I've owned one. Loved my indestructible Nokia.

First I thought that it's a single word which isn't existing in my non-native english vocabulary so far.
My second thought was that it's maybe more or less of a sentence with modern or old abbreviations.

Still no solution in sight. I've read the thread then in hope of a hint.
hb2007 even mentioned T9 aka the built in dictionaries.
At least for me it means the same because when I used the dictionary
on my old phone it displayed T9 then (T9 just stands for Text on 9 keys).
So I was sure that I'm searching in the right direction.

Then I tried two different T9 decoders which I found online.
Both didn't find a single word with the whole number.
So I tried to segment the number in both decoders to may get a clue what's the message.

After that step didn't help I thought that it's maybe not T9 and the quantity of the numbers leads to a single letter.
Like it was with the even older mobile phones before the implemented dictionaries.
For some reason my brain thought that it's a good idea to count the 2 twice.

XTRB? Google then brought me to fishing gear.
Took me another 5 minutes to realize my mistake.
What a journey with such a simple solution.  ::)

What do you think?

I'm not a puzzle fan. After overcomplicating number 6 so hard I'm already done.
Maybe my wife will give it a try. She's a puzzle junkie.
Despite of me being not a puzzle fan it's imo a great project.

Re: Truly Kryptic - Online puzzle game (50 levels) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65217.msg1270792#msg1270792
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2017, 07:38:54 pm »
Foraker, thank you very much for your opinion and for the detailed account of the struggle to complete level 6 haha.
Do recommend it to your wife then!
~hb2007~

Offline Vineroz

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Deckbuilding Competition - Simulated ViolenceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Truly Kryptic - Online puzzle game (50 levels) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65217.msg1270828#msg1270828
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2017, 09:38:51 am »
are there additional hints on every level? or just some of them?
TIME is around us. It flows silently, trying to take everything away from us.
PvP Tournament Organizer (2012 Sep - 2013 Oct, 2016 Nov - 2017 Aug) | Chat Mod (2016 Nov - )  :time

Re: Truly Kryptic - Online puzzle game (50 levels) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=65217.msg1270829#msg1270829
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2017, 10:10:58 am »
Just some of them Vineroz
~hb2007~

anything
blarg: