*Author

Offline InsignificantWeeabooTopic starter

• Newsletter Writer
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Ah, I see you're a man of culture as well.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: Draw Seven WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Design Competition - The Oracle's New Year's Party WinnerWriting Competition: Haphazard Heroics WinnerDeckbuilding Competition - The Mastery Gauntlet WinnerWriting Competition: H.E.A.T. WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake
Super Smash Bros Ultimate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66495.msg1282543#msg1282543
« on: November 18, 2018, 06:23:37 am »
Since the old Super Smash Bros topic hasn't been posted in for a while, I thought it would be a good idea to start a new thread.

These are the characters I plan on maining once the game comes out. I also plan on picking up characters from the previous game, such as Wario and possibly Bowser.

I might spend some time on the Spirits mode, but I don't plan on making it most of my game time.

Spoiler for DLC Wishlist (In No Particular Order):
  • Bandana Waddle Dee
  • Geno
  • Phoenix Wright
  • Doomguy (Kind of a stretch)
  • Shantae (Also a bit of a stretch)
O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA
Team :gravity Gen. (War #12)
Team :gravity Soldier (War #13)
Team :light Soldier (War #14)

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66495.msg1282544#msg1282544
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2018, 07:34:07 am »
I will for sure be maining Kirby with Lucina as a secondary, same as Smash 4. I won't know about any other characters until I play them.

The 5 DLC characters were chosen by Nintendo and confirmed by Sakurai. This leads me to believe that the DLC characters will only be big names mostly from upcoming games, and not something like Bandana Dee or Geno, even though Bandana Dee has been my most wanted newcomer for the past two Smash games. Shantae has been deconfirmed by her creator campaigning for her on Twitter after they decided on all of the characters. Phoenix Wright is possible. Doom Guy is a longshot.

My official prediction is:
Rex
Sora
FE: Three Houses rep
Zelda rep (probably Impa)
Another 3rd party not from Square (probably Tails, Banjo, or Travis Touchdown)
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66495.msg1282563#msg1282563
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2018, 03:12:20 pm »
I've pre-ordered two games in my life. Super Mario Party and this. While this is guaranteed to be less of a disappointment, it's still mostly Smash 4 physics and sluggishness. I'll always like Melee more, but Ultimate will still give me years of entertainment. For your money's worth, nothing beats Smash.

I never bought Smash 4, so I'll be trying everyone thoroughly before I can decide on favorites. I suspect it'll be Mewtwo, Zelda/Shiek and the spacies. Dorf will never be Melee fun again, but maybe his sword will pull him out of the gutter. Will def play some with the Belmonts.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline MasterWalks

• Reputation Power: 0
  • MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • 12 year old mobile gamer
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66495.msg1282576#msg1282576
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 08:01:53 pm »
    Spoiler for Hidden:
    • Bandana Waddle Dee
    • Geno
    • Phoenix Wright
    • Doomguy (Kind of a stretch)
    • Shantae (Also a bit of a stretch)

No Walugi?!?! Wtf insig i thought you were a man of culture.
    Also, since Diablo 3 got ported to the switch, wouldnt mind seeing a Necromancer or DemonHunter as a playable character or at least support[/list]
    :gravity War 12
    :darkness War 13
    :fire War 14
    Credit to Wyand for Profile Picture

• Newsletter Writer
    • InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.InsignificantWeeaboo is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
    • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: Draw Seven WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Design Competition - The Oracle's New Year's Party WinnerWriting Competition: Haphazard Heroics WinnerDeckbuilding Competition - The Mastery Gauntlet WinnerWriting Competition: H.E.A.T. WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake
    Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66495.msg1282587#msg1282587
    « Reply #4 on: November 18, 2018, 11:05:39 pm »
    The 5 DLC characters were chosen by Nintendo and confirmed by Sakurai. This leads me to believe that the DLC characters will only be big names mostly from upcoming games, and not something like Bandana Dee or Geno, even though Bandana Dee has been my most wanted newcomer for the past two Smash games. Shantae has been deconfirmed by her creator campaigning for her on Twitter after they decided on all of the characters. Phoenix Wright is possible. Doom Guy is a longshot.

My official prediction is:
    Rex
    Sora
    FE: Three Houses rep
    Zelda rep (probably Impa)
    Another 3rd party not from Square (probably Tails, Banjo, or Travis Touchdown)

No Walugi?!?! Wtf insig i thought you were a man of culture.
    Also, since Diablo 3 got ported to the switch, wouldnt mind seeing a Necromancer or DemonHunter as a playable character or at least support

Keep in mind that a regular Piranha Plant was chosen to be the first DLC fighter. It makes sense for Bandana Dee to get in if a Piranha Plant could; as for Geno, it's a big maybe. I have a feeling Shantae's creator might be campaigning to keep it a surprise/make her appearance uncertain, but that's probably unlikely. As for your predictions:

Rex - On one hand, it seems like there's no way for him to get in. On the other hand, Chrom is in the game but still has a Mii Fighter costume representing him.
    Sora - Possible
    FE: Three Houses rep - Also possible, judging by the fact we got Corrin as one of the last DLC fighters.
    Zelda rep/Impa - Once again, possible.
    Tails - We do need another Sonic rep, and Tails seems like the go to character.
    Banjo - Maybe if Microsoft will let Nintendo use him/if the stars align properly.
    Travis Touchdown - Also a possibility, and would be really hilarious to see.

As much as I would like to see Waluigi playable, he's been deconfirmed as an Assist Trophy. Any Diablo characters seem like a longshot.
    O-oooooooooo AAAAE-A-A-I-A-U-JO-oooooooooooo AAE-O-A-A-U-U-A-E-eee-ee-eee AAAAE-A-E-I-E-A-JO-ooo-oo-oo-oo EEEEO-A-AAA-AAAA

Offline Mr Muffin

• Reputation Power: 14
    • Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Mr Muffin is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
    • Sort of Young Elemental
    • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday Cake12th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWar #11 Winner - Team LifeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of LifeBattle League 1/2017 2nd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake
    Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66495.msg1282602#msg1282602
    « Reply #5 on: November 19, 2018, 03:25:01 am »
    Does anyone else think that the graphics make it hard to see the characters and what they are doing?

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
    • Reputation Power: 37
    • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
    • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
    • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
    Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66495.msg1282604#msg1282604
    « Reply #6 on: November 19, 2018, 05:16:18 am »
    Pirahna Plant was chosen by Sakurai. The DLC characters were chosen by Nintendo. Bandana Dee isn't a big enough name to take up a DLC slot. Also the mook argument against Bandana Dee was never valid so Pirahna Plant changes nothing.

Banjo has already been OK'd by Microsoft.

I am actually super hype for Spirits mode, definitely going to 100% it.
    Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
    • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
    • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
    Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66495.msg1282804#msg1282804
    « Reply #7 on: November 26, 2018, 06:55:09 pm »
    Does anyone else think that the graphics make it hard to see the characters and what they are doing?
    Yeah, that was another issue with Brawl compared to Melee and Smash 4 even more so. Ultimate seems to have even bigger special effects, so that won't help. It'll be frustrating albeit fine for party fun, but Melee will remain the competitive one.

And if we're getting another Sonic rep, it should by all rights be Knuckles. Way bigger fanbase, way cooler character.
    :aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
    Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
    Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

• Newsletter Writer
    Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66495.msg1282806#msg1282806
    « Reply #8 on: November 26, 2018, 06:57:07 pm »
    And if we're getting another Sonic rep, it should by all rights be Knuckles. Way bigger fanbase, way cooler character.

The problem is that he's already an Assist Trophy.

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
    Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66495.msg1282809#msg1282809
    « Reply #9 on: November 26, 2018, 07:18:24 pm »

Offline MasterWalks

• Reputation Power: 0
    • MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
    • 12 year old mobile gamer
    • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
    Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66495.msg1282906#msg1282906
    « Reply #10 on: November 29, 2018, 09:54:45 pm »
    insigs perfect world

:gravity War 12
    :darkness War 13
    :fire War 14
    Credit to Wyand for Profile Picture

• Newsletter Writer
    Re: Super Smash Bros Ultimate https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66495.msg1283097#msg1283097
    « Reply #11 on: December 07, 2018, 03:50:21 pm »
    SSBU is out, along with the 1st DLC character:

anything
    blarg: