*Author

Offline MystiK_Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 3
  • MystiK_ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Starcraft anyone? :)
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Starcraft! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44828.msg1017525#msg1017525
« on: November 24, 2012, 11:34:46 pm »
Before coming to elements, i was a pretty decent SC1 player and practiced for about 1-2 years. Havent gone into SC2 since my lappy cant run it >.>
So i was wondering how many of you ETG players are crazy about SC like me. Either BW or WoL but since BW died I doubt anyone is still into it.

Psst. SC>LoL :)
« Last Edit: November 24, 2012, 11:36:43 pm by MystiK_ »
I play games, not girls.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Starcraft! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44828.msg1017526#msg1017526
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2012, 11:36:41 pm »
I play it sometimes at my friend's house, but I'm not crazy over it. They call it Trollcraft, not Starcraft. Trolling can be quite fun. Especially for me, because I don't really know how to play :)
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline MystiK_Topic starter

• Reputation Power: 3
  • MystiK_ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Starcraft anyone? :)
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Starcraft! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44828.msg1017527#msg1017527
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2012, 11:37:53 pm »
I play it sometimes at my friend's house, but I'm not crazy over it. They call it Trollcraft, not Starcraft. Trolling can be quite fun. Especially for me, because I don't really know how to play :)
It takes a while to get used to :p And people who dont play SC seriously dont think of it as a religion like me :>
I play games, not girls.

Offline serprex

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • serprex hides under a Cloak.
  • Awards: War #12 Winner - Team Darkness
Re: Starcraft! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44828.msg1283336#msg1283336
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2018, 10:34:42 pm »
Been trying to play StarCraft II lately, I'm on NA around 2600-2800 MMR playing Random, if anyone wants to play some cheesy 2v2s I'm serprex 1204

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Starcraft! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44828.msg1283337#msg1283337
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2018, 11:24:24 pm »
StarCraft is one of my true loves - as a computer game. Everything in that game is in perfect unison, and I think that is
what makes a game great: it has a very high level of consistency. A pure distillate of what was good of the 80s/90s
sci-fi/pop culture. Serious, but not ridiculously serious (in fact: very cheeky with those funny unit 'acknowledgments').
Story is simple, but perfect for the setting. Some pseudoscience, a little science, some mystical stuff, lots of politics,
and of course: heroism. Cutscenes are legendary - often they are mimicking Aliens or Starship Troopers, but they are
doing it adding their own flavor, so it isn't just simple copypasting. Units are simply perfect, it is a sheer joy to play
with any of the three races.

In the pipe, five by five!

SC2 is quite good gameplay-wise, I enjoyed playing through all of the campaigns. (OK, I must admit there were times
were I felt that they artificially elongated campaigns to make it feel we are getting 3 different games.) Also looks great.
But the story. Oh, the story. It is utter crap. They are just raped the whole universe created by the first game. The entire
game (3 campaigns) is a cheesy love story between Raynor and Kerrigan - laughable. And strangely the characters look
very different... Not so model guy (unibrow + bald) Jim Raynor turned into a mucho macho huge piece of chunk
Mickey Rourke imitation. Ugh. And I could go on, but you get my point.

Hey, serprex, thx for necroing this post. :) Sadly I don't have the game installed right now, but maybe, sometimes later... dunno.
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline shockcannon

• Master of Fire
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner13th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Starcraft! https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=44828.msg1283824#msg1283824
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2019, 11:59:03 am »
Always down for some Poker D or BGH. I hit a pretty high rank when sc2 first came out because I 7 pooled all the new players. Haven’t played in a long time though outside of Squadron Tower Defense.
You are what you eat from your head to your feet

anything
blarg: