*Author

Offline mathman101

• Administrator (Warblind)
  • Reputation Power: 49
  • mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.mathman101 is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • I like pet 'thoup!!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver DonorWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Pokemon Showdown Type Tournament Part 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64079.msg1286547#msg1286547
« Reply #96 on: February 28, 2019, 10:48:23 pm »
I know I would most likely lose again, but I`m up for trying again if there is enough interest.
something....something....something.....

Offline killsdazombiesTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 54
  • killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.killsdazombies brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • [04:50:35] GirlsGeneration: mewtwo's hot
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake2nd Trials - Master of LifeAnother Epic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Pokemon Showdown Type Tournament Part 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64079.msg1286735#msg1286735
« Reply #97 on: March 05, 2019, 11:13:07 pm »
I was just checking back here for a bit for old times sake, but i wanna bump this because pokemon showdown was SUPER fun, and I highly enjoyed it. Though, I will say I always found the tournament style to be both difficult, and a little tedious. It would be much better to approach this as if it was a League thing here. I dont think its worth it to calculate rank until more interest is shown, but competitve pokemon is really enjoyable once you get the groundwork down.

That being said, I will warn that there is a huge difference between playing pokemon and playing competitive pokemon. It would be cool if someone more experienced then me would give a rundown and advice.

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Pokemon Showdown Type Tournament Part 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64079.msg1286742#msg1286742
« Reply #98 on: March 06, 2019, 12:49:55 am »
Not sure if I fit but I've peaked around 1600-1650 elo on ladder so I can attempt to help

Teambuilding doesn't matter if you can't play the game well, and the best way to get out of this is to use pre-existing teams.
Spoiler for Standard Rain:
Very simple team, get rain, keep rain, use it to sweep. Hurricane has 100% accuracy in rain, and Fire attacks are weakened, making Magearna a fearsome late game sweeper. Try to make sure Pelipper doesn't die, and yeah.

Spoiler for Not a cheese team:
This type of team generally features defensive pokemon that you can switch into so your threats don't die. Then, while everything gets chipped, your fast, hard hitting thing comes in and wins. Or your other thing gets stats from setup moves and wins the game that way.

For the most part, don't change the teams yet, get to know the game a bit better, then you can try to make your own team. PM me if you ever need advice

Offline shockcannon

• Master of Fire
  • Reputation Power: 15
  • shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.shockcannon is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of FireSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner13th Trials - Master of FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Pokemon Showdown Type Tournament Part 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64079.msg1286743#msg1286743
« Reply #99 on: March 06, 2019, 01:00:32 am »
Alternatively, if you hate math and numbers try out Little Cup.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/little-cup-beginners-guide.3591894/

All stat numbers rarely go above 20. This makes it really easy to calculate mid-fight how much damage you'e going to do to a pokemon if you care about calculating that stuff. EVs only increase stat points by a couple numbers so you don't have to worry as much about how many out of the 255 EVs to put into each stat. Items are pretty straightforward and with most of the meta pokemon you're running the same standard items. Stalling is less effective so you don't have to worry about running into long boring matches all the time (although if you like stalling you can make it work). Lastly, the pokemon are a lot cuter and you get to play iconic pokemon like Meowth. Heck, even magikarp is lowkey viable (except not really).

I can tell you a lot of stuff about little cup meta if you want. Some of those tips are translatable to other formats too.
You are what you eat from your head to your feet

Offline CactusKing

• Reputation Power: 11
  • CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.CactusKing is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • I eat shriekers for breakfast
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeElements League 1/2018 2nd PlaceCard Design Competition - Rule BenderSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Pokemon Showdown Type Tournament Part 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64079.msg1286744#msg1286744
« Reply #100 on: March 06, 2019, 01:06:12 am »
Someone ping me on discord if this is going to happen please
I spilt my blood against the :earth
         Just to see the world in colour.

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Pokemon Showdown Type Tournament Part 2 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=64079.msg1286757#msg1286757
« Reply #101 on: March 06, 2019, 08:05:11 am »
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 07:26:49 pm by Submachine »
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

anything
blarg: