*Author

Active members:
Wyand(1) MasterWalks(2)

Offline MasterWalksTopic starter

• League Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • Don't Talk to Me if You Don't Like Broccoli
MasterWalks Reviews (Video Game)- Fallout 76 http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66479.msg1282420#msg1282420
« on: November 16, 2018, 07:40:16 PM »
Alright so in order to get to 200 posts, I will be starting a series called MasterWalks Reviews. I will cover Video Games, Movies, and Music. Take these as you will, in a perfect world these will muster up some discussion; if not, i still get a post.

*Spoilers will be hidden*

To kick things off, I will be reviewing Fallout 76. I am a long term Fallout fan. I own 3, New Vegas, 4, and now 76 on disk collectors editions. I did NOT buy Fallout 76 collectors as my expectations were very low for this game.

Review without spoilers: Fallout 76 is the first in its series to be MMORPG. This alone changes MUCH of the aesthetic. Typically Fallout games are lonely, bleak, and full of dark humor. To be completely honest, so is Fallout 76. It plays much like the previous games. You dont really come into contact with other players unless you seek to. Even in very full servers, the map is large and there are plenty of different things to do that everyone is really minding their own business. If you have played Fallout 4, 76 is VERY similar. It honestly feels like 76 is just a big mod for F4. The quests seem like regular Fallout quests and the combat is also very similar... with one exception; V.A.T.S. In previous titles i was not much of a VATS user, mostly utilizing it to scout out enemy locations instead of using it in combat. It still functions for this, but it does not freeze time. Obviously that is not possible in a MMORPG but it still changes the way you can use it. You can still target limbs and shoot but everything is in real time so it more than less functions as an aim assist.
PvP is almost non-existent. you cannot do PvP until lvl 5 and once you can, you deal VERY minimal damage to you opponent until you opponent attacks back, or vise versa. This can be exploited greatly through different methods. For example, as a lvl 15 i went to a group of lvl 6's while they were engaging in combat with some NPCs and stood in front of their line of fire. As soon as one would hit me, i could one shot kill them and take their materials. Must have been very frustrating for them 8-).
Overall my expectations for the game were exceeded. tons of base building and crafting. Crap story line (not unusal for Fallout) and not over packed with PvP mechanics. Its basically a regular Fallout game. If i were to rank them, 76 would probably rank at the bottom below F4 but its still not terrible and still wort $60. I would wait to purchase as the bugs are terrible right now (its Bethesda what do you expect).
6.8/10

No spoilers for this since there isnt much to spoil.
Questions, comments, feedback are appreciated
A̲̗̙͉̓̂̾̒͜͝m̖̞͉̫͎̑̃͛̑̄ ̛͓̹͇͈̟͋͌̀͂N̪̰̭̯̲͑̍̎́͝ö̧̨͖̳͇́̍́̄̚t̖͕̜̘̞̏̉̓͘͠ ̡͓̣̦̗́͆̔̎͠Ǵ̡̡̖̮͚̑̆̎͘ô̹̬͚̩͈̈́̈́̉͝ȍ̥̥̭̮̳̀̓̽͝ď̛͓͓̣̮͇̅̄͝ ͚̙̯̠̹́̓̽̓̚Ẇ̨̖̭͍͎͛͌̃̇ȋ͙̰̬͕͎͊͛̕̕t̡͍̱͇̺͂̍͑̄̕h̙̼̝̖̽̊̈́͂͝ͅ ̠̰̠̤̱̄̉̃͑͝Ḉ̛̟̘̩͎̈́̽̑o̞̤͙̭̣̔́͊̈́̔m̛̯̳͚̪͇̌̀̂̍p̡̘͖̦͔͆́͒̕͝u̢͇̖̪͚͂͗̀̽͝ṭ̢̤͕͉̄̄͊̐̕e̠̙̰̪͗̅̑͌͒ͅȓ̛̭̰̠̭͔͆̒̿

Offline MasterWalksTopic starter

• League Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 0
  • MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • Don't Talk to Me if You Don't Like Broccoli
Re: MasterWalks Reviews (Video Game)- Fallout 76 http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66479.msg1283007#msg1283007
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2018, 09:27:59 PM »
So Bethesda is being sued for this game.
https://www.gameinformer.com/2018/11/27/bethesda-facing-possible-class-action-lawsuit-over-fallout-76

Basically they won't refund any game bought via PC. The $200 Collectors edition was supposed to have a canvas bag that held a power armor helmet. The bag was cheap nylon. Lawyers are on them like vultures. The FO76 subreddit is getting lawyers posting on there saying the would represent players in court if they would like to file a lawsuit.

Also, the game is terribly broken. There are game breaking glitches and bugs, constant server crashes, and no level scaling. The content is VERY lacking (I completed all quests in about 20 hours) and the end game is just resource farming to repair all your broken items that broke because you were resource farming. Its a viscous cycle.

I am about 100 hours in and i play a ton of broken games, (Ark, Stormbound, CODBO, etc) so i guess im used to this? I still find the game extremely addicting and the community is great. High level players will give you free stuff, no one wants to fight each other, and if you need help, someone will help.
A̲̗̙͉̓̂̾̒͜͝m̖̞͉̫͎̑̃͛̑̄ ̛͓̹͇͈̟͋͌̀͂N̪̰̭̯̲͑̍̎́͝ö̧̨͖̳͇́̍́̄̚t̖͕̜̘̞̏̉̓͘͠ ̡͓̣̦̗́͆̔̎͠Ǵ̡̡̖̮͚̑̆̎͘ô̹̬͚̩͈̈́̈́̉͝ȍ̥̥̭̮̳̀̓̽͝ď̛͓͓̣̮͇̅̄͝ ͚̙̯̠̹́̓̽̓̚Ẇ̨̖̭͍͎͛͌̃̇ȋ͙̰̬͕͎͊͛̕̕t̡͍̱͇̺͂̍͑̄̕h̙̼̝̖̽̊̈́͂͝ͅ ̠̰̠̤̱̄̉̃͑͝Ḉ̛̟̘̩͎̈́̽̑o̞̤͙̭̣̔́͊̈́̔m̛̯̳͚̪͇̌̀̂̍p̡̘͖̦͔͆́͒̕͝u̢͇̖̪͚͂͗̀̽͝ṭ̢̤͕͉̄̄͊̐̕e̠̙̰̪͗̅̑͌͒ͅȓ̛̭̰̠̭͔͆̒̿

Offline Wyand

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Wyand is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Art Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: MasterWalks Reviews (Video Game)- Fallout 76 http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=66479.msg1283009#msg1283009
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2018, 11:25:37 PM »
Reading all of this:

That's why I'm sticking to Fallout 1&2. :)

$60 for an untested game? No, thanks. I can buy like 20+ perfect classic game on *youknowwhere*.

sorry for being a
Spoiler for Hidden:

And I wanted to add that
Spoiler for Hidden:
I hate broccoli and I'm still talking to you. :)
<---- A cup and a cake on a red platter. :) Bon appétit!

blarg: