*Author

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1231662#msg1231662
« Reply #156 on: April 26, 2016, 04:39:39 am »
I would like to hear more of your amazing voice.
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline SubmachineTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1231776#msg1231776
« Reply #157 on: April 28, 2016, 03:56:31 pm »
We finally had thrilling battles again!

After healing my team up, I moved on to the next room. I was still a bit disappointed from the easy battles we had before, so I decided to skip PP restoration. When I arrived to the next room, it was kinda obvious that it will be an Ice-type Elite Four member, so I decided to put TERAFUZE in first place.

I didn't think that I would have a proper battle to show off all my strategies, so I decided to start using them without a goal in mind. One strategy I had was to give TERAFUZE the White Herb, which restores her Special Attack after using Overheat, thus making it possible to spam stronger Overheats for a turn longer. Fire was super-effective against Ice, so I thought that this battle would be the perfect opportunity to use this strategy.

THIRD ELITE FOUR MEMBER: GLACIA

Elite Four part 2 video: to be done later

Even though there was a request from my old pal Linkcat to do a commentary again, I decided to stop spouting non-sense throughout my videos. I think I would have just repeated the same thing over and over: "Alright!", "Let's do this!", "S***'s about to go down!", "Damn, why is this so easy?", "I'm much higher level.", etc.

Back in the duel with Glacia! First matchup: Lv.58 TERAFUZE vs Lv.50 SEALEO. GO, TERAFU- uh, wait... Let's not do that. >_> I was right that Glacia will be an Ice-user, but I didn't expect the Water dual type. Afraid of a strong Water-type attack, I decided to switch out TERAFUZE. VORTEX seemed like a good substitute, and holy cow I was right about switching VORTEX in. VORTEX was originally sent out to deal super-effective damage to Sealeo, but the opposing Sealeo used Hail, which would have been very annoying on the long run. It's a good thing that I had Rain Dance on me for strategic purposes, so I could get rid of Hail instantly. This is not obvious knowledge, so I'm just gonna share it right away: normally Thunder only has 70 accuracy, but if Thunder is used when it is raining, its accuracy jumps to 100. This was one of my main strategies among using White Herb and other stuff, so I was glad that I could actually use it for real and not for just for showing off.

After removing the Hail, Sealeo managed to paralyze VORTEX with a Body Slam, but VORTEX's Static also paralyzed Sealeo. Despite the paralyze, VORTEX could work through it, and he was still faster, which allowed him to move first with a Thunder next turn. It was a glorious one-shot kill!

VS

Next up: Second matchup: Lv.61 VORTEX(par) vs Lv.50 GLALIE. It was still raining, the level difference was in my favor and Glalie had no type-disadvantages on me. I decided to keep Thundering, but because of the paralyze, Glalie was faster than me and it quickly put up a Light Screen, which blocked tons of damage from my Electric-type attacks. Even though Thunder was not as good as I planned it, it still managed to paralyze the opponent. :D VORTEX is on a roll and I like it!*

Light Screen was annoying and it obviously had to go. It's a good thing that I had the perfect move to get rid of it. ;) We gave a free turn to Glalie so that Reynold could switch in ANUBIS, but luckily Glalie was still paralyzed from the last Thunder and it couldn't move. Not only that, but its paralyze also enabled ANUBIS to move first next turn. It was time to use Brick Break, which was not only super-effective, but also shattered the opponent's Light Screen like glass. 8) With the Light Screen, Glalie also went down, leading to our next matchup:

Lv.58 ANUBIS vs Lv.53 WALREIN. Glacia just sent out her big guns.

"AND HERE I GOT SUPER LUCKY!"

The easy sweep of the first two Elite Four members was still haunting me, so I decided to play with fire as they say and keep ANUBIS in a double-edged matchup, where probably both of us had super-effective moves against each other. I tried to land another Brick Break, but Walrein was faster with non other than SURF, which holy cow almost killed me! And it WOULD HAVE KILLED ME if it wasn't for this before the turn started:

The rain I previously summoned with VORTEX almost backfired on me, but it wore off at the perfect time! With only 44 HP left, I decided to switch out ANUBIS. (We both healed from our held items at the end of that turn. Walrein from her berry, while ANUBIS from his Shell Bell. I duly noted that Shell Bell sucks and it has to be replaced after we're done here.)

Even though he was paralyzed (and also almost caused a casualty), I switched VORTEX back to get the job done, but this also meant that we gave a free turn to Walrein. I wasn't afraid at first, but damn that Surf became a true force to be reckoned with.

"It was a critical hit!"

I could have let VORTEX do a Spark to finish Walrein off, because he would have been faster (even through the paralyze), but because of the paralyze, I was afraid that he might not be able to move and eat the next attack without being able to fight back. It was time to play it safe! I couldn't afford to lose my party leader, so I switched in SWIRLY.

VS   

Now this was a matchup that was perfectly in my favor. We had the same pokémons, but I was 5 levels higher, I still had an item, my Normal-type attack had more power and we also had EV-advantage (unless Glacia EV-trained her Walrein too). Despite all our advantages though, Glacia still had some tricks up her sleeve. For example, Body Slam barely did any damage to us, but on her second try it paralyzed SWIRLY. And just when I thought that I was ready, Glacia used a Full Restore. Those gimmicks weren't enough to fend us off for long though, because SWIRLY quickly came back with a critical Surf hit, which took down half of Walrein's HP. :) Using our last PP of Ice Beam was a complete waste (barely did any damage), but SWIRLY's persistent Returns were enough to seal the seal.* (and we were also lucky enough to never lose a turn to being paralyzed)

Next up, Glacia was about to send out her second Sealeo. We were quite beat up at the time: SWIRLY was in the orange-zone and paralyzed, VORTEX was in the redzone and paralyzed, ANUBIS had lower HP than SWIRLY and TRIPLETRAP was 4 times weak to any Ice-type moves (and I totally forgot about TERAFUZE, but she wouldn't have been able to do much against Water anyway). My only real choice here was to send out TACTICA and resist everything.

Fourth matchup: Lv.58 TACTICA vs Lv.52 SEALEO. I played it safe and started with a Barrier. Then the dreaded Hail returned! It was time to deal some damage with Sludge Bomb, which was also lucky enough to poison Glacia's Sealeo. It was strange seeing that, because it was the first time when Sludge Bomb actually poisoned something in this game for me. But it was the perfect time for it to do that, because that turn's poison damage was absolutely necessary to turn TACTICA's next Sludge Bomb into a finishing move. With her last Sealeo down, she was left with a single pokémon.

Here I have no idea why I didn't switch in TERAFUZE, but it's too late to think about it now. Against Glacia's last Glalie, I decided to keep TACTICA in battle and slowly chip her down with Sludge Bombs. It was still hailing, which was annoying, but I thought that I could finish her off faster than she would chip down my HP to 0. Just to be safe, I opened up with another Barrier. I was set up for surviving many hits, so I was ready to turn TACTICA in Offence mode. The first Sludge Bomb hit really good while the Glalie's Ice Beams barely did any damage. However, that was only until TACTICA was frozen solid by one of her Ice Beams. I still had some "safe" turns left, so I decided to wait it out until TACTICA thaws. It was still hailing though, which - combined with Glalie's Ice Beams - chipped down our HP twice as fast. We survived several turns, just waiting for the thaw, but it never came until we were finally down to the redzone (15 HP left). At that point, switchout was inevitable and I had no idea who to switch in... until I noticed that I still have TERAFUZE. And with full health too!

TERAFUZE was exactly who I needed in that situation, because she was not only unscathed, but she was also super-effective against pure Ice-tpyes. Here I could have went with an Overheat, but because I'm extremely resourceful (if I used Overheat, White Herb would have been consumed) and I was pretty sure that it would be just overkill, I decided to use Flamethrower instead, which was just as good. In the end, Glacia went down and I had zero casualties. Well done, team! But it was not over yet, because there was still one Elite Four member left.

Glacia gave us a proper beating, but at least everyone was still alive. I still didn't want to restore any PP, but I at least wanted everyone back at full health and without any status conditions. I had plenty of Super Potions and it was probably the first time in the entire game when I had to use one of my Ice Heals, but I had to realize that I have zero Parlyz Heals or Cheri Berries to cure me of Paralysis. I also had zero Lava Cookies or Full Heals, which made me think that I'll have to finish the Pokémon League with 2 pokémons paralyzed by default.

"Was I really that stupid that I didn't pack anything to heal the most basic of status ailments??!"
(if we don't count Poisoning to be the most basic status ailment, but that is besides the point)

"Well, I mean... Fippe even told you to stock up on stuff. You couldn't really forget about it, could you?"

Yeah, don't bet against me yet. I DID pack something to heal paralysis, I just forgot what the stuff I bought did. I had 14 Full Restores in the bottom of my bag, which I preserved for situations exactly like this one. CRISIS AVERTED! On to the next Elite Four member!

(this post turned out to be far too long, so I'm cutting this episode in 2 halves. To be continued soon...)
(there were puns hidden in this episode, marked by small stars. Can you find them?)
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 04:19:41 pm by Submachine »
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1231778#msg1231778
« Reply #158 on: April 28, 2016, 04:10:51 pm »
That was exciting. This is the reason we told you to over level. The elite 4 ramps up in dificulty extremely quickly, and to stand a chance of finishing it, you HAD to find the first few easy
Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

• Legendary Member
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1231782#msg1231782
« Reply #159 on: April 28, 2016, 06:57:28 pm »
That was exciting. This is the reason we told you to over level. The elite 4 ramps up in dificulty extremely quickly, and to stand a chance of finishing it, you HAD to find the first few easy
It makes more sense now. Even though I would have enjoyed a bit more challenge from the first two Elite Four members. ^^"

I still had one more E4 member before the Champion though.

FINAL ELITE FOUR MEMBER: DRAKE

Elite Four part 2 video:

The Elite Four's battle music is so good that I kept humming to it all day. When I looked around in Drake's room (looking for clues), I only saw some weird spikes on the floor, which made me think that he's going to be a Ground-type trainer. I did the things that were necessary: switched a Water-type in leading position, removed Shell Bell from ANUBIS, replaced it with a Hard Stone, but I still didn't restore any PP on purpose. (funfact: Ice Beam had 0 PP left for SWIRLY.)

First matchup: Lv.58 TACTICA vs Lv.52 SHELGON. Oh, duh! It is the Dragon-type "champion" that the trainer in Meteor Falls warned me about some episodes ago. Either that or the Champion will have Dragon-type pokémons too. Now that I finally knew what I was working with, I could start thinking of a strategy. The only valid strategy that came to my mind though was to switch in SWIRLY and use Ice-type attacks. But as I said, SWIRLY's most reliable Ice-type attack, Ice Beam, had 00 PP left.

"Lol. Ironic."

Well, I wanted a challenge and I got myself a challenge. All is fair in love, war and pokémon battles. After analyzing my situation, I found it best to start with a Barrier again. It was the perfect call, because Shelgon decided to use Protect. I didn't want to potentially waste a Hydro Pump, so I used Surf next, just in case Shelgon uses Protect again. Surf only took down a third of Shelgon's HP, so next I decided to use Hydro Pump. When Shelgon was down to the redzone, I remembered that they have Full Restores, so instead of going easy on him, I decided to use Hydro Pump again. Once again, it was the right call.

"But then I started wasting moves when Shelgon started to use Protect again."

And that was it. I wasted my last PP for Hydro Pump on that turn. Now I have 2 moves on my team that cannot use. I decided to continue with Surf, but he Protected again. It went like this for a while until Shelgon was finally knocked out.

After Shelgon fell, Drake was about to send out Flygon. I wanted a much smoother matchup than the previous was, so I switched in my only Ice-type pokémon to have the upper hand. Second matchup: Lv.58 SWIRLY vs Lv.53 FLYGON. Ice Beam was still out of PP, so I used Blizzard and hoped that it would hit. After shrugging off an Earthquake, my hopes came true and Blizzard hit Flygon and even knocked it out. I expected nothing less from a move with 4x type effectiveness. ;) And I also expected no less from Blizzard in the following matchup:

Lv.58 SWIRLY vs Lv.55 SALAMENCE. I knew that even though Salamence was Drake's highest level pokémon, if Blizzard hits it with Over 100 base power + Ice STAB + Nevermeltice + 4x effectiveness, then it's over. It didn't fully go as planned though, because Salamence was super fast and he quickly summoned a Rock Slide on me!

"And this is what I cannot get over with!"

Salamence was clearly Drake's strongest pokémon and it was only 3 levels below SWIRLY. I know that Rock Slide didn't get STAB, but it was super effective and IMO it should have killed SWIRLY here. But instead, it dealt an unreasonably low amount of damage. Since SWIRLY survived Salamence's attack, Blizzard could hit and as I expected, it killed Salamence in a single hit.

Next matchup: Lv.58 ANUBIS vs Lv.54 ALTARIA. Even though SWIRLY survived that Rock Slide, she was not in the shape for another battle. Against Flying-types, ANUBIS' Rock-type attack seemed like the best option. Ancientpower almost killed Altaria in one hit, but he somehow managed to survive in the redzone. I was once again aware of Full Restores, so instead of going easy on him, I used Ancientpower again.

"It was the right choice! Elite Four Drake used Full Restore!"

It didn't matter much though, because next turn he was down to the redzone again. I was pretty sure that he only had 2 Full Restores and he already ran out of them, so I risked using a Brick Break as a finishing move. The foe's Altaria managed to land a final Dragonbreath, but in the end, it went down with grace.

The final matchup was against Drake's Lv.53 Kingdra. Kingdra was already used as a finisher by Juan, so I had experience with them. I knew that VORTEX should be able to handle it, like he handled that last Kingdra too. VORTEX was Lv.62, so I felt good about the matchup. I expected Drake to start out with a Double Team (just as Juan did), so I decided to use Spark instead of Thunder to land more accurate hits. Spark chipped down a third of Kingdra's HP, then it was his turn. At first he used Dragon Dance, which raised his Speed and Attack. After taking down his second third of his HP, he used Dragon Dance again. With that though, he wasted his opportunity to ever become useful, because VORTEX was still faster (even after the 2 Dragon Dances), he ran out of Full Restores (or at least I hoped so) and I also had the right move to finish him off. My match versus Drake met an anti-climactic ending. Well done, team!

ON THE NEXT EPISODE: We face off with the Hoenn Champion!

I'll probably restore my team's PPs, but maybe not. So far I had opponents that I went easy against, but I will go all-out against the Champion. I wonder if it will be Steven, Scott or someone entirely different (rofl, May. It would explain why she didn't show up before entering the Elite Four).
« Last Edit: April 28, 2016, 09:06:13 pm by Submachine »

~ Platinum Quest ~

• Legendary Member
  • Who needs a Sub?
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1231795#msg1231795
« Reply #160 on: April 28, 2016, 09:06:29 pm »
Video is finally up too:

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1231800#msg1231800
« Reply #161 on: April 28, 2016, 10:16:59 pm »
If all you said was "Alright!" over and over for the entire video, I would still watch it.
Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

• Legendary Member
  • Who needs a Sub?
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1232315#msg1232315
« Reply #162 on: May 06, 2016, 09:43:34 am »
FINALE!

After defeating the last Elite Four member, it was time to meet the Champion. I didn't really know what to expect, so I decided to keep TACTICA as the party leader. When I was walking up the stairs to the final room, I tried to figure out who the champion might be. I doubted that it would be someone who we never met, so I was thinking about potential people who we have met before. I was pretty confident that it will be Steven, but Scott seemed like a viable option too.

"We are entering the Champion's room! Is it going to be Steven? Is it Scott or May? IS IT FREAKING WALLY?!"

"What?! Who is this guy? Wallace? You're drunk Wallace, get outta here."

But wait. Wasn't Wallace the previous Water-type gym leader before Juan took over? Well, get rekt Wallace, I bet you never heard that my strongest pokémon is an Electric-type. 8) It was really VORTEX's time to shine here - I thought to myself.

HOENN LEAGUE CHAMPION WALLACE

The Finale Video:

If there's one thing I love about Pokémon games, it's the music. But let's talk about the strategics now. First matchup: Lv.58 TACTICA vs Lv.57 WAILORD. The opponent's levels were satisfyingly high. For the first matchup, I wish that I could send out VORTEX right away, but I already assigned TACTICA as the party leader, so I needed to get rid of Wailord first. Just for caution, I started with a Barrier. Wailord, on the other hand, decided to use Rain Dance. Heck, if VORTEX would be in play, I wouldn't even need to cast Rain Dance for the Thunder boost, because they are already doing it for me. (Looking back, the perfect strategy would have been to instantly switch in VORTEX, so that he can spam Thunders after they cast Rain Dance for me. That would have required me to know that they will cast Rain Dance on the first turn though, which I didn't.) Luckily 2 Sludge Bombs were enough to get rid of Wailord (the second was a critical hit).

(I added a banana for scale. These things are enormous!)

For the second matchup, I was ready to send out VORTEX, but then this happened:

"Champion Wallace is about to use Whiscash. Will you change pokémon?"

"Umm... let's not send out VORTEX just yet. >_>"

I wanted to save VORTEX for another fight for 3 reasons: 1. Electric doesn't affect Ground, so I would be stuck with Swift; 2. Ground is super-effective against Electric; and 3. Even if VORTEX would win against Whiscash (which I'm pretty sure he would), he wouldn't be able to 1-hit kill the opponent. Against Whiscash, I needed something that was super-effective against Ground, but was not weak against Water and Ground. Considering these factors, SWIRLY seemed like the best option. Lv.58 SWIRLY vs Lv.56 WHISCASH. For my first attack, it didn't really matter if I used a Water or an Ice-type attack, but because the rain was still falling, I decided to use Surf, which dealt a significant amount of damage, leaving Whiscash in the orange zone: low enough that another attack can kill him, but high enough that Wallace won't use a Potion to heal him. Whiscash wasted his turn by using Amnesia - which raised his Sp.Def sharply -, so next turn I moved first and went for the kill. I was afraid that my Special Attacks wouldn't have enough power to finish him, so I used Return, which paid off nicely. Two down! Four to go.~

Wallace was about to send out Ludicolo. I REALLY wanted to send out VORTEX, so after some contemplating, I did so. Third matchup: Lv.62 VORTEX vs Lv.56 LUDICOLO. It was a dumb idea! Not only the rain stopped, but I also forgot that Grass-type resisted Electric. And even though Grass was super-effective against Water, SWIRLY with Ice Beam or TACTICA with Sludge Bomb would have been much smarter ideas to start with. After the rain stopped, I was left with no other good option than Spark. Spark did jack-doodly-squat though (which is slang for nothing), and to make things even WORSE, it started chaining Double Teams! (For reminder, Double Team on a different Grass-type pokémon was the main reason why I first blacked out.) After the first Double Team, I dropped the idea of trying Spark and started using Swift, but it did even less than Spark did.

"Let's make things worse. Disable any stalling strategies by using Leech Seed on the player." <-- the AI, probably.

Leech Seed really ticked me off, so I decided to go into YOLO mode and use Thunder. For my biggest surprise, it struck! :o He was finally in killing range, but... ermm... Okay, what the hell was I doing back then? Instead of doing the right thing (freakin' 2 times in a row!), I decided to switch out VORTEX to get rid of the Leech Seed. TACTICA seemed like a good substitute with her Sludge Bomb, so I switched her in. She managed to resist some damage from the upcoming Surf, which was nice, but then I was slapped in the face by reality when Sludge Bomb missed. And then Ludicolo used Giga Drain to heal back even more HP. Things were not looking good at all for me.

This was a very annoying moveset.

Double Team Giga Drain
Surf Leech Seed

Sludge Bomb missed 3 times in a row, which gave Ludicolo 3 free turns to GiGa Drain himself back to above half HP. After these 3 turns I lost hope that I could hit him with TACTICA, so I decided to look for alternatives. Switching in SWIRLY was my third poor choice against the same opponent. Blizzard missed, he used another Double Team, then I finally realized that only VORTEX has even a slight chance to win this matchup. Switching in VORTEX game Ludicolo an extra turn for a free Giga Drain, which healed him back to almost full HP. >_>

"Do we have any chance to come back from this situation though? Our attacks cannot even land on our foe, except Swift, which cannot outdamage the healing of Giga Drain and Leech Seed combined."

Well, we do have one thing actually, which I should have used in the first place. I decided to go for the Rain Dance + Thunder combo again. It was a risky move, because the long preparation time gave extra time for my opponent to attack me, but I had no other options left. A new Leech Seed was deployed, which didn't cease to be annoying.

"And finally we were ready! VORTEX, use Thunder!"

And it worked! Thunder hit, and it hit for more than half of Ludicolo's HP, but he was still alive in the orange-zone (which was at least not the zone where Wallace uses his potions). I only needed to survive his next attack + the damage from Leech Seed, and then I was ready for the kill. Luckily, he was so confused that something could hit him that he decided to use Double Team again, which was luckily a waste of a turn on his part. At the end of the turn though, Leech Seed recovered a dangerously decent amount of HP to Ludicolo, so the kill was not guaranteed yet. It was still raining on the next turn, so it was time to use Thunder again. The moment of truth... ! And finally we got rid of Ludicolo! :D (I was very close to death here, because if last turn Ludicolo decided to use Giga Drain instead of Double Team, I might not have been able to kill him this turn, giving him enough time to deal even more damage combined with an extra turn of Leech Seed.)

We managed to defeat Ludicolo, but this matchup was longer than it should have been. If I used Rain Dance + Thunder from the beginning, TACTICA and SWIRLY wouldn't be heavily damaged now, and if at that specific turn I decided to use Swift instead of switching out VORTEX, I might have also been able to finish the match.

Fourth matchup: Lv.62 VORTEX vs Lv.56 GYARADOS. VORTEX was still suffering from Leech Seed, but I had to keep him out against Gyarados. This was a matchup that only VORTEX could deal with and he only needed one turn. The rain was still falling, so I went for Thunder. Even though it successfully killed Gyarados, VORTEX was down to 33 HP after Leech Seed (redzone) and he was still affected by Leech Seed and Intimidate, so I had to switch him out. It became questionable if he could fight again against any of Wallace's remaining pokémons.

Wallace's fifth pokémon was a Tentacruel. ANUBIS, TRIPLETRAP and TERAFUZE were both weak against Water while TACTICA and VORTEX were both low on health. This left me with SWIRLY as my best option. Fifth matchup: Lv.59 SWIRLY vs Lv.55 TENTACRUEL. Rain continued to fall, which enabled Wallace's Tentacruel to hit me with a boosted Hydro Pump. Ouch. I replied with a Surf, but it barely did any damage to him. At the end of the turn, at least the rain stopped. Next turn I remembered that Tentacruels have low Defense without using Barrier, so I went for Return. That was only after he used Sludge Bomb on SWIRLY though.

"SWIRLY was poisoned!"

You've gotta be kidding me, right? My most favourable matchup was looking really bad. After we exchanged attacks, he still had his HP in mid-orange, but I was down to the red AND I was also poisoned. To make things even worse, Tentacruel was faster than SWIRLY, so even if we decided to fight back, we would just die before we could even move. I had 2 options: sacrifice SWIRLY or switch in someone who has full health, but is weak to water. I obviously couldn't sacrifice anyone just yet, so I decided to switch in TRIPLETRAP.

Lv.58 TRIPLETRAP vs Lv.55 TENTACRUEL. It was a really risky move to switch, because this gave a free turn for them to use something against us that we're weak against. But luckily for us, Hydro Pump (wtf that would have been lethal, 1HKO) missed!

The reason why I switched in TRIPLETRAP was because she knew Earthquake, which was supposedly super-effective against Tentacruel. I also hoped that we were faster than them, which was exactly the case (luckily). To my surprise, this small strategy was enough to take out Wallace's Tentacruel. Well done, TRIPLETRAP! :)

Wallace was down to his last pokémon and we also managed to survive without any casualties so far. Wallace was about to send out MILOTIC, which was probably Champion Cynthia's most annoying pokémon in Diamond. With no other real options left, I decided to keep TRIPLETRAP in battle, land as many hits as possible and then switch to someone else before the last moment. Sixth matchup: Lv.58 TRIPLETRAP vs Lv.58 MILOTIC. Against a pure Water-type, I only had Ground, Dragon, Dark and Steel attacks, but I forgot which was not very effective against Water. I decided to go with Dragon Claw, but thinking back about it, I should have used Earthquake, because Dragon Claw barely did any damage. I was awaiting a counterattack after this, but none of us saw what was coming next...

"Foe MILOTIC used Ice Beam!"

WHAT?! :o No! Not the Ice Beam again! I expected a Water-type attack, which we could have probably survived, but I was not prepared for an Ice Beam at all. I guess it's no surprise to anyone that Ice Beam with its 4x super effectiveness killed TRIPLETRAP in one shot. :/ I was lacking options, so I had to send out someone weak again to just deal some damage and then withdraw.

"It's all up to you now, ANUBIS."

That's right, I had to send out ANUBIS next. ANUBIS had crazy high Attack power, so I decided to risk using his ultimate attack, Hyper Beam. This was the moment that I reserved that move for. It was all or nothing. Milotic was faster than us though, so he had a chance to land a super-effective Surf.

"INCOMING!"

Time slowed down as I watched ANUBIS' HP go down as we were hit by surf, but at the very last moment, the damage stopped and ANUBIS survived with 2 HP!  After the miraculous survival, ANUBIS released all his power at Milotic! ...only to leave Milotic's HP in the redzone. And then Milotic's Sitrus Berry healed some HP too. I thought that it was all over, because ANUBIS now needed to recharge, but Wallace decided to use a Hyper Potion when Milotic was still in the orange, thus wasting his berry completely. ANUBIS survived the recharge time, but now Milotic had more HP than before, so this miraculous survival was all for nothing. :( We were in a very bad position, because it was inevitable to sacrifice someone on the following turns. If I kept in ANUBIS, he would have died because of low Speed, but if I switched in VORTEX, SWIRLY or TACTICA, they would have died too because of the extra turn we were giving to them. TERAFUZE still had full health, but his low Speed and Sp.Def made it sure that by the time we could even attack, Milotic would have already killed us with 2 Surfs, if not with only 1.

"Who should we sacrifice? I don't really want to sacrifice anyone, but I must."

It was kinda obvious that I had to sacrifice one of my Water-type pokémons, because I still had MENOS in the PC as a possible substitute. SWIRLY was unique with her Ice-type attacks, but stat-wise, TACTICA was more useful and she could also take more hits. I didn't like it, but I felt like it was SWIRLY's time to go. I sent out SWIRLY and expected an instant death, but Milotic decided to use Ice Beam, which barely even scatched her. I was getting hopeful that maybe SWIRLY could land one more hit before her death, but then the poison damage - that she was still having from the last matchup - was too much for her to handle. :(

Now that we had a "fresh start" again (which only meant that we didn't need to worry about free, incoming attacks), I really wanted to just deal some damage to Milotic that sticks. For this, I brought out VORTEX, probably for the final time. VORTEX was carrying me so far, being the true MVP in my higher-tier battles and now he is here, facing the Champion's strongest pokémon. It was truly the only matchup which was worth for VORTEX's potential fainting. There was no time to set up Rain Dance, so I went straight for the Thunder. When Thunder managed to hit, I was relieved, but when it TURNED OUT TO BE A CRITICAL HIT, I WENT NUTS! VORTEX managed to kill the Champion's strongest pokémon in one hit, which had only 4% chance to happen! (70% chance for Thunder to land, 6,25% chance for critical hit, 4,375% chance combined) Even then, it might have been a lethal attack without a critical hit, but I'm glad that we didn't need to test it out. VORTEX is truly the real Champion here. :D

After his defeat, Wallace had some things to say:

"The pokémon you sent into battle... At times they danced like a spring breeze, and at times they struck like lightning."

You're damn right we struck like lightning, all thanks to VORTEX. I don't know what you meant by the spring breeze part though, because I didn't even have any Grass-type attacks. This dialogue was probably scripted anyways, so let's move on to the next thing. :P Just before Wallace could announce Reynold as the new regional Champion, we had a nosy guest.

"Go home May, you're drunk."

It's not what Wallace said, but it would have been hilarious if he said that. We also had a visit by Professor Birch, which led me to the question: How did these guys get in here?? Didn't May notice the Elite Four that was blocking the way here? Did May AND Professor Birch actually defeat the Elite Four? And now that they have defeated the Elite Four, do I have to fight them too as the new Champion? These kind of questions were circling in my head, but luckily Wallace interrupted them and told them to stay while he escorted Reynold to the next room.

Inside the next room was the Hall of Fame, where victorious pokémons were given the chance to free themselves from the Nuzlocke curse. There is one final rule that I never had the chance to implement, because I never actually got here:

"Any pokémon who survives a victorious battle against the League Champion for the first time wins 1 chance for a future revival. This doesn't affect pokémons in teams which already have Champion-winners."

Even without this, it was a real accomplishment to see my final team show up in the Hall of Fame. The final team included:

Fallen in action, but still honorable members of the Hall of Fame:

Surviving members of the Hall of Fame, who earned 1 chance for revival:

And the one and true Champion of this entire Nuzlocke run:

Well done, team! Let's throw some confetti!

« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 10:44:59 am by Submachine »

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline JonathanCrazyJ

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 65
  • JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.JonathanCrazyJ walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Top-Decking Words
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Hierarchy11th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeCard Competition - Idea Factory EspionageForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's GripChampionship League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWar #10 - Sportsmanship AwardWeekly Tournament Winner	 Writing Competition: Elemental Rap WarBattle League 2/2016 1st Place10th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - No Matter How Many Times You Save The World2015 - PvP World ChampionForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersBattle League 3/2015 1st PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerCompetition - Result ModifiersSolved the Ruby Mansion MurderBattle League 2/2015 3rd PlaceCard Competition - When Life Gives You Art...Writing Competition - 6th Birthday PartySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeBattle League 1/2015 2nd PlaceSilver Donor
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1232317#msg1232317
« Reply #163 on: May 06, 2016, 10:23:44 am »
That was wonderfully exciting. Are you going to do any post-game?

Hehe, i told you you needed to be that level to survive The Champion.
And you were certainly lucky, Milotic knows Recover. If Vortex had fainted you would have almost certainly wiped :/

Competitions!
Competition Mailing Lists are a SERVICE TAILORED FOR YOU!
If you like any Competitions at all, check them out, we are here for you!

• Legendary Member
  • Who needs a Sub?
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1232320#msg1232320
« Reply #164 on: May 06, 2016, 10:58:56 am »
That was wonderfully exciting. Are you going to do any post-game?

Hehe, i told you you needed to be that level to survive The Champion.
And you were certainly lucky, Milotic knows Recover. If Vortex had fainted you would have almost certainly wiped :/
About post-game, I might go back to catch Rayquaza just for fun. I noticed that some new areas were unlocked too, so I might find someone there who would be worth mentioning here as a bonus. I'm gonna try rematching gym leaders too once it becomes an option. I don't really have any solid plans, but if there's something interesting that I'm missing, don't hesitate to tell me about it. ^^

You were totally right about the levels, so I'm glad that I went with them. ^^" When I battled Cynthia in Pokémon Diamond, her Milotic also gave me a hard time with Aqua Ring and Recover, so I was aware of the problem. Luck was on our side this time. ;)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2016, 11:44:01 am by Submachine »

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline Ginyu

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Feel the punch of Gravity!
  • Awards: War #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1232322#msg1232322
« Reply #165 on: May 06, 2016, 11:01:54 am »
King VORTEX. Do I need to say more? That crit Thunder... winning a battle that you theoretically lost at that point.
Congratulations!

(Btw I really like Electrodes, so I could hardly be prouder of it.)
Do you have a great idea for a Weekly Tournament? Post it here!
:aether War #8 :aether          :gravity Trials #9 :gravity
:gravity War #9 :gravity
:water War #10 :water

anything
blarg: