*Author

Offline SubmachineTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1221943#msg1221943
« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2016, 09:09:33 pm »
Nincada is a Bug/Ground dual type.
Ah, alright. That makes sense.
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline Ginyu

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Feel the punch of Gravity!
  • Awards: War #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1221978#msg1221978
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2016, 12:30:05 am »
Poochyena is a Dark-type, not a Normal type. ;)
Do you have a great idea for a Weekly Tournament? Post it here!
:aether War #8 :aether          :gravity Trials #9 :gravity
:gravity War #9 :gravity
:water War #10 :water

• Legendary Member
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1222275#msg1222275
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2016, 02:01:53 pm »
What I'm posting now happened 2 days ago. Since then, I didn't make any progress yet. The good news is that you can watch the following battles online now (special thanks to MeowMeowCat for showing how to record them). Click the following link if you want to watch the video:
https://youtu.be/kCW6-cc_Apc

Reynold finally entered Roxanne's gym! We already know that this will be a Rock type gym, which is interesting, because I think we haven't seen any rock type pokémon yet (especially now that Nincada is confirmed not to be one). I wanted to get through all the gym trainers with LIPLOP and SPORE, because I was sure that MYRIONITE will do fine against Roxanne's strongest pokémon.

Alright, first gym trainer! What do you got?

Looks like he only has 1 Geodude, but this Geodude is the same level as my weakest pokémon. This is a bit troubling, because I thought that my team is overlevelled, and if I know anything about Gym Leaders, it's that their pokémons are ~5 levels higher than their gym trainers' pokémons. I didn't let this faze me though, so I kept going. I was looking forward to face another trainer, but I accidently ran into a double battle. What did I face?

Spoiler for Even more freakin' Geodudes!:

These were only lv.8 Geodudes, so it wasn't so bad. After this, there was only one more opponent left.

First Gym Battle: Leader Roxanne!

"Would you kindly demonstrate how you battle, and with which pokémon?"

I was getting strong Bioshock vibes from this. First Pokémon matchup: Lv.12 LIPLOP vs Lv.12 GEODUDE. LIPLOP managed to slay 2/3 of GEODUDE's full HP with a first turn Absorb, but damn these GEODUDES have high Attack stats. After it hit LIPLOP once, not only did LIPLOP lose half of her HP, but her speed also fell. I didn't want to risk another attack, so I switched to SPORE.

SPORE endured GEODUDE's attacks much better than LIPLOP did. He managed to take down the first Geodude with almost full HP. It looks like LIPLOP has low Defense stats, so she and PANDORA probably won't see much action in this battle. Second matchup: Lv.11 SPORE vs Lv.12 GEODUDE. This one went much smoother, resulting in SPORE winning with full HP.

This is it then, her final pokémon. It's time to send out MYRIONITE and see what Roxanne's last pokémon is!
(I really hoped it's not another GEODUDE >_< This gym was 7 GEODUDES so far, so the last pokémon had to be something different.)

Third Pokémon Matchup: Lv.14 MYRIONITE vs Lv.15 NOSEPASS. Nosepass, huh. Not what I expected. But wait. When I was battling in real time, I didn't even notice that MYRIONITE was lower level than Nosepass! I only noticed it now that I looked back the footage. It might explain why Water Gun only took down a third of its full HP. After realizing how hardcore Nosepass is, I changed strategies. I started attacking him with Mud-Slap, which might be weak, but it's super-effective, but most importantly it lowers accuracy! Roxanne's GEODUDES all knew 'Rock Tomb' earlier, which I know from playing Pokémon Diamond that it has ~75% base hitrate (give or take). I wanted to make sure that her most powerful attack can't hit me, so Mud-Slap seemed to be the most logical next step.

Two Mud-Slaps later though, Nosepass was able to hit MYRIONITE with Rock Tomb, not only chipping down a third of his HP, but also slowing him down. But wait, Roxanne's turn was not over yet! NOSEPASS started sparkling.

"Oh my god, what the hell is happening? Is she going to deal even more damage? Is she going to heal? Does Nosepass have a secret special ability? She already attacked this turn, so it can't be one of her moves, right?"

I panicked here, not knowing what's going to happen.

NOSEPASS used its berry to heal.

Okay, so that was just the berry animation in Emerald. I was afraid of something worse, so after this relief, I decided to play it even safer and used Growl. I also managed to use Mud-Slap once more, trying to make sure that I wouldn't get hit again with Rock Tomb.

But then came the catastrophe that I didn't foresee at all!

NOSEPASS used Block! When I first saw this, I thought: "Oh, this is that move that blocks your last used attack. So I can't use Growl. Not a big deal." But then I saw this: "MYRIONITE can't switch out from battle!". After I read this, I got really worried. I confused this move with something else. Will I lose my starter pokémon right out of the gate? I had to start attacking for real. I used Water Gun. Luckily she used Tackle next instead of Rock Tomb, which dealt only 5 damage to me. Nosepass' HP was down to the Red Zone, so I expected one last healing. It turned out that the 2 Potions she used for her GEODUDES previously was her only healing sources, so I could successfully deliver the finishing blow! Well done, MYRIONITE! :)

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline Solaris

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1222277#msg1222277
« Reply #15 on: February 04, 2016, 02:14:43 pm »
Oh wow, losing Myrionite would've been devestating.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1222281#msg1222281
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2016, 02:46:53 pm »
Emerald happens to be my favorite of the non-spin-off Pokemon games. Following :)
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline Ginyu

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Feel the punch of Gravity!
  • Awards: War #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1222282#msg1222282
« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2016, 02:53:37 pm »
Hehe Sub, bless the KI's stupidity.
Well done, congratz to your first badge!

Btw, Nosepass is one of a few Rock-types that has a pretty good Special Defense, that's why it took your water attack so well.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2016, 02:56:39 pm by Ginyu »
Do you have a great idea for a Weekly Tournament? Post it here!
:aether War #8 :aether          :gravity Trials #9 :gravity
:gravity War #9 :gravity
:water War #10 :water

• Legendary Member
  • Who needs a Sub?
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1222287#msg1222287
« Reply #18 on: February 04, 2016, 03:37:07 pm »
Hehe Sub, bless the KI's stupidity.
Well done, congratz to your first badge!

Btw, Nosepass is one of a few Rock-types that has a pretty good Special Defense, that's why it took your water attack so well.
Thanks! :) In case I face a Nosepass again in the future, I'll keep its high Special Defense in mind.

I also don't know why I believed so firmly that Poochyena is Normal type. It was not even an assumption, I just thought that I knew it for sure. ^^" Looks like I learn something new every day. :)

~ Platinum Quest ~

• Legendary Member
  • Who needs a Sub?
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1222416#msg1222416
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2016, 08:43:12 pm »
With Roxanne's gym badge in my pocket, I headed to the nearest PokéCenter to heal. On my way though, the game stopped me and I heard shouting.

I got worried that a plot battle was coming, because I didn't have time to heal my pokémons yet. Luckily it was just a cutscene, though. A Team Aqua grunt stole some "DEVON goods" from the scientist we met in the forest before. The cutscene included the scientist chasing the thief towards North, hinting where we needed to go next. After I healed, I had to go through Route 116 and Rusturf Tunnel to find that rascal. Those were both new areas, which meant 2 new potential teammates! :D

I'm gonna now tell you the story of a wild Taillow and a wild Whismur. Did I catch them? Keep reading to find out!

I encountered the wild Taillow on Route 116. He and MYRIONITE had an epic Growl battle, like a battle of Harden between 2 Metapods. After an unnecessarily long stat reduction, I finally threw a Pokéball which caught me a new Taillow. ^^ This Taillow is now a highly valued team member, because so far I had nothing to counter the vast amount of Grass Type pokémons which surrounded me. To reflect his value, I had to give him an epic name.

The Team Aqua grunt I was hunting fled into Rusturf Tunnel, which was foggy as hell. I was 1 tile away from challenging him when I was challenged by a wild Whismur. He was an easy catch, considering that he was only level 6. I haven't heard of this pokémon before, so I had no idea if he evolves, and if he does, what he evolves into. So I just went with a generic male nickname: WILSON. (I almost called him willng3) With WILSON, my team was finally full. :)

After catching WILSON, it was finally time to beat the Aqua grunt and get on with the plot.

I have to admit, that Team Aqua battle theme song is also kinda catchy, but the Rival theme remains my favorite.

Beating him was easy, he only had a lv.10 Poochyena, which stood no chance against MYRIONITE. After the battle ended, some stuff happened.~

Spoiler for Some stuff~:
MYRIONITE is finally evolving! :o YES! \:D/

He also wanted to learn Mud Shot, so I had to make him forget Mud-Slap, which I was a bit sad about, because it was his MVP move against Roxanne.
I'd also like to note here that even though my team is full, nobody is able to learn Cut. Which is a shame.

Now back to the plot. After recovering the "DEVON goods", the president of the Devon Company assigned Reynold to a new mission with a (compulsory) side-quest. The mission was to deliver an important package to Slateport City, and the side-quest was to deliver a letter to Dewford Town on my way to Slateport. They warned me that not only Team Aqua, but also Team Magma will try to stop me. This is the first time they mentioned Team Magma in the game, so I was getting curious. They seemed to be sleeping so far. So in order to convince me, the Devon president gave me a PokéNav, which is like a phone, except that it's a map...

"This stuff doesn't even make sense."

On my way out of the facility, I was talking to some scientists. One of them invented a machine that can resurrect fossils to Pokémons, so fossils confirmed! ;)

I was on my way to the nearest PokéCenter when I ran past a familiar character. It was May, my neighbour rival. It looks like the game now gives you a chance to refuse rival battles if you are not prepared, which is kind of a letdown considering that random rival battles are the most thrilling parts of Blind Nuzlockes. I was almost in perfect shape though, so I instantly accepted the challenge!

Second Rival Battle: Pokémon Trainer May!

"The girl had only 2 Pokémons though."

That's right. She only had a buffed Wingull and her unevolved starter, Treecko. I have to admit though, Wingull put up a good fight. The move "Wing Attack" has awesome animations in Emerald compared to the lackluster feather animation in Diamond. I also didn't have anything to counter Flying types at this point, while half of my team was susceptible to Flying type attacks, which added to the challenge a bit. But in the end, it was still an easy fight.

PLOT JUMP again! I finally arrived in Dewford Town, where I received an Old Rod from an unknown fisherman. So I could finally fish in towns! :D For the record, usually when I was in a losing position in Diamond, I went back to towns I explored earlier and looked for ponds to fish in, because each town is technically a new area, where one new pokémon can be caught. But since most of the time it's just a Magikarp, I only use this strategy as a last resort.

The local townspeople kept blabbering about a new trend called "AMUSING DIGITAL", but if I have any clue what this might mean, I think it's just a thing I can reply to interviewers. This phrase might also change daily, but I didn't test it yet. My next (and only available) area was Granite Cave.

I wanted to end the episode here and almost did, but then something AMAZING happened!

Well, at least amazing to me. Because I'm the one who's playing, lol. :P

I didn't really think about what I was doing, I just ran inside the cave to explore it a bit. Little did I know, I encountered a wild Abra. An Abra, from all the possible things. I already got lucky on Route 116 to avoid these guys, because they also spawned there quite often. If you are new to Pokémon, an Abra is a Psychic type pokémon who, if you don't catch or kill it on the first turn, uses Teleport and flees. Killing him would have been pointless, so my only option was to fling my strongest available Pokéball at it and hope for the best. So I did that, threw a Great Ball at him. You might already know how the story ended based on my initial excitement.

Done and done! Wild Abra was caught. 8) This guy will live by the name ARGOR from now on. Once he evolves into Kadabra, there will be no stopping for us. (Kadabra was probably my favorite pokémon to use in Pokémon Diamond. That might change here, considering that this Abra was not received via NPC trade, though. [NPC traded pokémons get boosted experience compared to all other pokémon.] We'll see~)

End of Day party stats:

Lv.17 MYRIONITE, the Marshtomp (♂)
Tackle Growl
Mud Shot Water Gun
Lv.13 LIPLOP, the Lotad (♀)
Astonish Flash
Absorb Nature Power
Lv.11 PANDORA, the Poochyena (♀)
Tackle Howl
Sand-Attack
Lv.13 SPORE, the Shroomish (♂)
Absorb Tackle
Stun Spore Leech Seed
Lv.17 TURBULANCE, the Taillow (♂)
Wing Attack Growl
Focus Energy Quick Attack
Lv.6 WILSON, the Whismur (♂)
Pound Uproar

ARGOR was transferred to the PC.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 08:51:14 pm by Submachine »

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline Manuel

• Reputation Power: 23
  • Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Manuel is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of AirSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #11 Winner - Team LifeCard Design Competition - Help Wanted WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerCard Competition - ChampionSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1222448#msg1222448
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2016, 01:47:39 am »
wow, is always nice find new pokemon fans

gl for the nuzlocke

Offline Solaris

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1222449#msg1222449
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2016, 01:49:28 am »
For public knowledge, even though most people interested in this will know, Whismur is involved in a 3 part evolution chain of Whismur -> Loudred -> Exploud.

• Legendary Member
  • Who needs a Sub?
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1222557#msg1222557
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2016, 10:59:21 pm »
I got so busy with catching new pokémon that I forgot why I even came to Dewford Town in the first place. First things first, there is a new gym in this area! The Leader's name is Brawly, who's a user of Fighting type pokémon. I did see some wild Makuhitas in Granite Cave, so I definitely expect Brawly to have at least one of them.

Granite Cave looked like the perfect training place, because it had low level Fighting type pokémons which can be easily one-shot killed by TURBULANCE's Wing Attack. When I reached the deepest level though, I was reminded of the plot again. There I found the guy who I needed to deliver the DEVON president's letter, who gave me the TM Steel Wing in exchange for the delivery. I'm not really a fan of that move, but maybe it will see its uses later.

Back to the training, holy cow this cave have lots of Abras, Sableyes and Arons, but I only remember seeing a single Geodude. I think that Geodudes should have been more frequent, unless they are supposed to be rare encounters, which I doubt.

My next update will probably include the result of my second gym leader fight. I have a simple strategy planned: TURBULANCE will take care of the strongest ones, while SPORE and hopefully ARGOR will be able to take care of the weaker ones. I still have to teach ARGOR anything else than Teleport though. He's already level 13 and he still hasn't learned anything new, not even Kinesis. The plan is to level him up until he can learn Confusion. If that fails, I'll just level up SPORE a bit more.

End of Day party stats:

Lv.18 MYRIONITE, the Marshtomp (♂)
Tackle Growl
Mud Shot Water Gun
Lv.13 LIPLOP, the Lotad (♀)
Astonish Flash
Absorb Nature Power
Lv.11 PANDORA, the Poochyena (♀)
Tackle Howl
Sand-Attack
Lv.13 SPORE, the Shroomish (♂)
Absorb Tackle
Stun Spore Leech Seed
Lv.20 TURBULANCE, the Taillow (♂)
Wing Attack Double Team
Focus Energy Quick Attack
Lv.13 ARGOR, the Abra (♂)
Teleport
« Last Edit: February 06, 2016, 11:03:17 pm by Submachine »

~ Platinum Quest ~

• Legendary Member
  • Who needs a Sub?
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1222614#msg1222614
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2016, 02:28:28 pm »
Reynold was finally ready to face Brawly, the Fighting-type gym leader. These gym leader names are full of puns, by the way. Brawly's name is a synonym of fighting, while Roxanne's name was a butchered version of Rocks Anne. Before I entered the gym though, I decided to do another training montage.

Spoiler for We levelled up some mons~:
ARGOR was very stubborn at learning anything. He was raised from around level 9 to level 15 and he still didn't learn anything else than Teleport. I was about to give up, but the ice finally broke when he reached Lv.16.

ARGOR was finally ready to take on Brawly!

Other than that, we had another unexpected evolution today.

LIPLOP evolved when she hit Lv.14. I liked her unevolved form better though. :/ Maybe I'll get used to it faster than I think. ^^"

Still none of my pokémons can learn Cut though.

After the training was over, it was time to fight Brawly. Before I started recording, I checked the layout of the gym as I did with Roxanne too. I decided that I won't record the minor gym fights this time, because the whole place was set up as a dark labyrinth where you could barely see where you were going. Recording the parts where I'm blindly wandering in the darkness would have been pointless, but I also didn't want to cut together 6-8 different parts into one, because that would have taken too long.

So here we are! Second Gym Battle: Leader Brawly!

Here you can watch the full battle:

Spoiler for TL;DR:
He stood no chance. The matchups were Lv.20 TURBULANCE vs Lv.16 MACHOP, Lv.21 TURBULANCE vs Lv.16 MEDITITE and Lv.19 ARGOR vs Lv.19 MAKUHITA. His 2 "strongest" pokémons were all finished with 1 shot each. In the end, we could say that I EM'd him. Well done, TURBULANCE and ARGOR! :)

After the battle was finished, we could leave Dewford Town. Reynold was farting around with his PokéNav for a bit, then finally headed to Slateport. In Slateport, nothing much happened yet. I found the Name Rater, a lot of trainers and a building full of Team Aqua grunts, which I assume will be my next destination. I will write more towards the end of the day.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 02:33:33 pm by Submachine »

~ Platinum Quest ~

anything
blarg: