*Author

Offline SubmachineTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
"I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1221651#msg1221651
« on: January 30, 2016, 07:51:17 pm »
"...to catch them is my real test. To train them is my cause~ ♪♫"

*intense music starts playing*

Welcome to my first blind Emerald Nuzlocke!
I embarked on a new adventure with the rules of a Nuzlocke game, but the twist is that I never played Emerald before. I don't know which trainers pose a threat and where the grind points are, so I'll just make sure that my Pokémons are always combat-ready.

I don't know if there will be any followers, but view this project as a youtube channel. You can subscribe by following my journey and you can also leave your comments below. I will keep updating the thread as I go on, and maybe I'll learn how to stream and edit videos. The main point is that I have fun. ^^ Feel free to start a game parallel with me so we can both have fun. ;)

Here are my special rules for this runthrough:

Spoiler for Main Rules in white, the others are the special rules:
Many points were transferred from my Diamond Nuzlocke rules. I don't know if there will be fossils, breeding and dual battles, but it's the best to be prepared for anything.~
  • The starter Pokémon must be randomly chosen with a 6-sided dice.
  • Every Pokémon must be given a nickname.
  • In every new area, only the first encountered Pokémon can be caught. If the first encountered Pokémon dies or runs away, you fail to get a Pokémon from there.
  • Exception: No duplicates. If the first encountered Pokémon is already present in your team, you can choose to run away again and again until you find one you don't have. The Pokémon who you don't want to catch must not die or flee before you can run away.
  • If you already caught a Pokémon in an area, that area is off-limits for catching new Pokémon in the future.
  • If a Pokémon faints, it is considered dead and has to be released.
  • If the first encounter is a 2-vs-2 battle, you are free to decide which Pokémon you want to catch.
  • NPC trades are allowed.
  • If all 6 Pokémon in your party faints, the game is over and you lost, even if you had reserves in the PC.
  • Healing and buff items cannot be used in battle. All healing and equipment must be applied outside battle.
  • You can equip and change your Pokémon's items, but only outside battle.
  • Legendary, Ultra Rare and Shiny Pokémons can be caught, but only as trophies if catching them would be otherwise illegal.
  • Only the first found fossil can be revived and used.
  • Any amount of eggs can be hatched, but only one can be used. If one hatched Pokémon already entered a battle, all other hatched and unhatched eggs must be released/stored.
  • If the game accidently crashes, you don't have to reproduce your previous run since your last save. Play by the normal rules again.
  • Dead Pokémon can be used on the world map for using HMs. Dead HM slaves can avoid being released, but they must not be switched into battle.
  • If the plot heals up a dead Pokémon who was in the first slot and then carries you right into a new battle, you can use it to absorb some hits, but it must not attack or change stats of the opponent.
  • Legendary Pokémons must not be caught with a Master Ball if there is more than 1 Pokémon alive in your party.
  • If something is ambiguous because of unexpected game mechanics, the rules should be updated.

So let's load up the game and start with our adventure! Special thanks to Coffeeditto for the Emerald version! :D (I only played with Diamond before)

"You're welcome, Sub!"
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

• Legendary Member
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1221664#msg1221664
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 08:31:16 pm »
We're starting off strong. Noone has died yet, yaaay~

After the the intro sequence, I was introduced to the professor of the game. Apparently I will be watched over by Professor Birch.

But uh oh, what's this? We don't even have a gender and a name yet! :-X

"Are you a boy or a girl?"

I'm gonna pick boy for my first run. I can mess with May later. :P

I would lie if I said I didn't take a long time to pick a name. In Pokémon Diamond, I would usually go as 'NuzLock', but this time I'm doing this public, so I need a more presentable name. The characters are limited to 7, so there goes my idea to become NuzMachine. T-T
I almost became NuzLife when a name came to my mind and I finally stuck with it.

"Welcome to the Pokémon realm, Reynold. Let your adventure begin."

For everyone's convenience, I skip the following part until we get to our first actual plot or pokémon battle.~
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 08:54:28 pm by Submachine »

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline Ginyu

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Feel the punch of Gravity!
  • Awards: War #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1221672#msg1221672
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 09:25:36 pm »
Looking forward to this. To me, Emerald was one of the best editions of Pokémon, especially because of the complex and well built Battle Frontier. I could never restart it, though.

(If you don't want me to spam here, just pm me and I'll delete it.)
Do you have a great idea for a Weekly Tournament? Post it here!
:aether War #8 :aether          :gravity Trials #9 :gravity
:gravity War #9 :gravity
:water War #10 :water

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1221738#msg1221738
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2016, 05:39:21 am »
If it wasn't Emerald, I'm not sure if I would follow it

But it is Emerald

Thus, I will follow it

Offline AD TienzuStorm

• Reputation Power: 21
  • AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.AD TienzuStorm is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • I'm back bitches
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1221771#msg1221771
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2016, 04:20:05 pm »
If it wasn't Emerald, I'm not sure if I would follow it

But it is Emerald

Thus, I will follow it

Logic here is solid ^

Following as well.
:light War #9 - Team Light :light | :life Brawl #5 - Gaia's Pride :life
Check out my card Flock!

• Legendary Member
  • Who needs a Sub?
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1221775#msg1221775
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2016, 04:51:58 pm »
After Reynold and his family moved in their new house, we learned that our father is a famous gym leader. What a twist! Mother tells us that professor Birch who lives next door is actually a good friend of father, so we are asked to introduce ourselves to him. But when I visit his home, instead of Birch we meet his daughter, May. She tells us that his father is doing some fieldwork, so we go after him. What a hassle to just introduce ourselves to our neighbours, huh?

But what's this? Professor Birch is attacked by wild Pokémon! :o He's shouting for our help.

"Quick! There are pokéballs in that bag. Choose one and help me!"

This is it! Time to get my starter Pokémon. I'm gonna roll a normal 6-sided dice to decide.

1 or 4 = Treecko
2 or 5 = Torchic
3 or 6 = Mudkip

The dice rolls and it stops at the number 3. Welcome to the team, Mudkip! :)

Spoiler for The big choice:

The level 2 Poochyena stands no chance. After rescuing the professor, he gives us Mudkip not only to show his gratitude, but because he heard from our father that we don't have any pokémon yet. What a nice guy! I already like this guy.

"Do you want to give a nickname to Mudkip?"

Of course. But now comes the tricky part. Usually I follow some basic guidelines when I give nicknames, unless a more suitable name comes to my mind:
  • The given nickname must fit to the Pokémon's gender.
  • The given nickname should start with the caught Pokémon's first letter.
  • The given nickname should fit to all evolution states. (so I can't use Kipper as a nickname, even if it perfectly suits Mudkip ^^")
I'm not entirely sure what Mudkip evolves into, but I know how he will look, so I can't use a simple cute name. But it also cannot be only intimidating, because then it wouldn't fit Mudkip on his first evolution level. After some thinking, I finally figured it out.

~ Platinum Quest ~

• Legendary Member
  • Who needs a Sub?
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1221776#msg1221776
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2016, 04:55:54 pm »
Here I will keep track of which areas are off-limits to catch new pokémon.

Littleroot Town (starter pokémon)MYRIONITEMudkip
Route 101killedWurmple
Route 103killedPoochyena
Route 202LIPLOPLotad
Route 104PANDORAPoochyena
Petalburg WoodsSPOREShroomish
Route 116TURBULANCETaillow
Rusturf TunnelWILSONWhismur
Granite CaveARGORAbra
Route 110EXODIAElectrike
Route 117MICHAELMarill
Route 111GOYLEGeodude
Route 112MAINERIEMarill
Fiery PathTERAFUZETorkoal
Route 113SPOOLESpinda
Route 114SWOOSHSwablu
Meteor FallsSOLARISSolrock
Jagged PathNAMIRANumel
Mirage TowerTRIPLETRAPTrapinch
Fossil (Rustboro City)ANUBISAnorith
New MauvilleVORTEXVoltorb
Route 118LIANEELinoone
Route 119killedZigzagoon
Weather Institute (Route 119?)CHELLCastform
Route 120SPRINGSeedot
Route 121SHINIGAMIShuppet
Safari ZoneNESTRANatu
Lilycove CityMARKUSMagikarp
Route 123
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 02:23:17 pm by Submachine »

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline Basman-1453

• Reputation Power: 13
  • Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Basman-1453 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • You hear about that thing down in Samothrace?
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWar #10 Winner - Team AirWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1221780#msg1221780
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2016, 05:33:10 pm »
Personally, back in the days I played Emerald (not Nuzlocke, obv, since back then I didn't knew Nuzlocke run even exists), I used a theme of nicknames. So, for example, I might pick 'Frederick', 'Richard', and 'Philip' if I wanted the boys have a nickname that have something to do with the Third Crusade.
Avatar source (Kongou (KanColle))

Rise over the dead
Bring us ahead
INCEST AND IRON :V

• Legendary Member
  • Who needs a Sub?
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1221783#msg1221783
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2016, 06:28:26 pm »
I forgot why, but we are supposed to find May on Route 103, so I leave Littleroot Town for the first time. I'm on Route 101 now and I'm already facing a dilemma. This looks like the only way to Route 103, but it's swamped with tall grass and I have no pokéballs yet. The basic rules I set to myself say that if I encounter a Pokémon in an area and I fail to catch it, then that area will be off-limits to catch new pokémon from then on.

Let's take any chance we got! Rush through the tall grass in the shortest possible path and hope that we won't encounter anyone.

But then this guy happened:

So here I am, fighting a level 2 Wurmple who I can't even catch. Running would be pointless, I already lost this little fella, so I might as well train MYRIONITE a bit. When the fight ended, Route 101 remained forever lost. RIP Wurmple. :(

After the unfortunate encounter, I finally reach Oldale Town, and with that, my first Pokémon Center. Time to pack up with Pokéballs and do a training montage! Now that MYRIONITE takes the place of 2 Pokémon, he has to be extra tough.

Spoiler for Reynold then farted around for a bit in Oldale Town:
What kind of Pokémart is that where they don't sell Pokéballs though? We're looking forward to a great start, huh. xD They had a pointless questionnaire though, which is hardly a questionnaire. I just needed to put 4 random phrases on the paper. In reflection of what happened, I came up with the following non-sense:
MUDKIPCOME ON
ATTACKWURMPLE

Reynold finally reaches Route 103. I could finally see May in the distance, but again, there are 6 tall grass patches blocking my way. I still don't know why the Oldale pokémart refused to sell me any pokéballs yet, but 6 patches are not so big deal. I just need to be fairly lucky to avoid any encounter.

I only walked 2 tiles, but it's already time for a fight again. Are you kidding me, game?

We're clearly off to a great start. xD This Poochyena barely stands more chance than the one who attacked Birch. Two pokémon already dead, and that means two off-limit areas where I can't catch any new pokémon. RIP Poochyena. :(

Spoiler for This wasn't a complete waste of time, after all:

MYRIONITE grew to Level 6!
MYRIONITE learned Mud Slap!

After a small grind, I finally reach May and talk to her. I totally forgot why we had to find her, so I'm actually curious what she wants.

Oh, she wants to fight! First Boss Battle: Pokémon Trainer May.

A Level 5 Treecko shows up before my Level 9 Mudkip. You might have the type advantage, May, but I have the higher level pokémon! Awesome rival music goes in the background, which reminds me of that remix I once heard on youtube. The battle rages, but MYRIONITE stands his ground. After a series of serious tackles, MYRIONITE emerges victorious.

Ok, fight's over. What now? I still don't remember why I needed to find you. Aren't you supposed to give me my pokéballs now? Where the hell are you going? o_O Don't leave me here without pokéballs! May... ? ._. ... Great start, ten outta ten. xD

I'll update the story later, after I found out what I need to do.

End of Day party stats:

Lv.9 MYRIONITE, the Mudkip (♂)
Tackle Growl
Mud-Slap
« Last Edit: January 31, 2016, 08:35:02 pm by Submachine »

~ Platinum Quest ~

• Legendary Member
  • Who needs a Sub?
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1221784#msg1221784
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2016, 06:30:51 pm »
Personally, back in the days I played Emerald (not Nuzlocke, obv, since back then I didn't knew Nuzlocke run even exists), I used a theme of nicknames. So, for example, I might pick 'Frederick', 'Richard', and 'Philip' if I wanted the boys have a nickname that have something to do with the Third Crusade.
That's a good idea too. :) I'd like to stick with my original guidelines for the first time, though. I wonder what names I can come up with this way. ^^"

~ Platinum Quest ~

• Legendary Member
  • Who needs a Sub?
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1221935#msg1221935
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 08:49:12 pm »
After backtracking for a while, I finally figured out where I needed to go. I just had to visit my old pal Birch, then things sped up significantly. Just in 2 minutes, I received a new Pokédex, 5 Pokéballs (Finally!) and new running shoes.

Pokédex

5 Pokéballs

Running Shoes

After I received my Pokéballs, I already knew where I needed to go to catch my first Pokémon. Route 202 opened up and after circling in the tall grass for a bit, I found my second potential teammate.

This Lotad was very low level, so Tackle was a no-go. It was kinda obvious that Lotad is water type, so I felt safe to hit her with a few Mud-Slaps. After some Growls and Mud-Slaps, I was ready to throw my first pokéball.

"Lotad was caught! :D Do you want to give Lotad a nickname?"

Sure I do. Let's call her LIPLOP. It sounds like a cheerful name for this little fella. I'm not really sure how I feel about you yet, LIPLOP, because I already have a water type pokémon in my team, but seeing that you are a dual grass type, I think that you might be more useful than MYRIONITE in specific battles.

After farting around for a bit in the new town after Route 202 (which I forgot the name of), I finally found the gym where our dad is the gym leader. I expected a battle here, but he says that we are scrubs and not worthy to challenge him before we get at least 4 gym badges. Thanks a lot, dad. Great parenting. ^^"

But wait, who's this new scrub? He doesn't even have any pokémons yet!

A boy called Wally comes to the gym leader and asks for a pokémon. But instead of giving him a new pokémon for real, dad lent Wally a Lv.7 Zigzagoon to help him catch another one. A level 7 Zigzagoon from a gym leader. Who's the scrub now, dad? I have higher level pokémons than you.

"Reynold, go with Wally and show him how to catch Pokémon."

So we had to go with Wally to catch a Lv.5 Ralts for him, but because I didn't need to do anything at all, I have a slight suspicion that it was actually the game making you learn how to use pokéballs. I already caught LIPLOP, so this part was a waste of time for me. After all of this was done, Wally gave dad back his Zigzagoon and expressed his thanks. He then ran away to do stuff with his new Ralts.

I already know that it was not the last time we saw him...

After pilfering exploring this town, we were told to head to Rustboro, where the gym leader is called Roxanne. Between this town and Rustboro, two new areas followed each other, which meant two new pokémon! I was excited to see what pokémon I get. :)

Long story short, here is what I came across:

I was happy for Poochyena, because a Normal type pokémon is a blessing in a Nuzlocke if you lack the correct type advantages with everything else. However, I wass less happy when I had to give a nickname to said Poochyena, because I had no idea what name should I give to a female hyena that is suitable and starts with a P. In the end, I gave her the name PANDORA, because reasons. (reasons that were heavily affected by greek culture and Harry Potter 3)

Shroomish is our typical Grass-Poison dual type that we have in every game. In Diamond, we had Roselia, and in the first gen, we had Bellsprout. Just as with LIPLOP, he already covers a type that I already have, but the poison type is something new that can come handy later. I had less problems with giving a nickname this time. From now on, Shroomish shall be called SPORE.

In Petalburg Woods, where I caught SPORE, I found a guy who was looking for the pokémon Shroomish. I expected him to be one of those trainers who give you stuff if you show them the correct pokémon, so I got excited for a minute there.

"Not so fast! Team Aqua here, you're under attack."

A Team Aqua grunt ambushed the guy (who was apparently a scientist) and demanded some research papers. So instead of Team Rocket and Team Galactic, we have Team Aqua now, huh. I easily beat the guy's level 9 Poochyena. He then grumbles for a while, tells us where Team Aqua is going to show up next time and runs away. The scientist then concludes:

"Whew, that was awfully close."

Except that it wasn't. I had it under control. But at least he gave me a Great Ball as a sign of his gratitude. And I didn't even need to show him my Shroomish. ^^"

Spoiler for Reynold then levelled his new team up for a bit:
Before I got to Rustboro city, it was time for another training montage!

I didn't have to wait much until SPORE learned Stun Spore. Every time he uses that move, I giggle a bit. x) It's like naming your pokémon "Oh, he" to see the game say "Oh, he levelled up!" or "Oh, he learned a new move!".

A little bit later, when I got challenged by Bug Catcher James, I sent out LIPLOP against a Nincada. My lack of knowledge was shining here, but I assumed from its looks that Nincada is a Bug type pokémon. However, when Water Gun turned out to be super effective against him, I became curious what type Nincada is. Maybe Nincada is a rock type pokémon? Feel free to answer this in the comments. I'm very curious.

After a healthy grinding, I finally arrived in Rustboro city. I quickly receive the Hidden Move "Cut" and learn that Roxanne, the Rustboro gym leader is a master of Rock type pokémon. Maybe I'll learn here more about Nincada.

One thing is for sure, the tutors of this gym are very hip:

End of Day party stats:

Lv.14 MYRIONITE, the Mudkip (♂)
Tackle Growl
Mud-Slap Water Gun
Lv.10 LIPLOP, the Lotad (♀)
Astonish Growl
Absorb
Lv.8 PANDORA, the Poochyena (♀)
Tackle Howl
Lv.10 SPORE, the Shroomish (♂)
Absorb Tackle
Stun Spore Leech Seed

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline Solaris

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: "I wanna be the very best, like noone ever was~ ♪♫" https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61077.msg1221940#msg1221940
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 09:06:10 pm »
Nincada is a Bug/Ground dual type.

anything
blarg: