*Author

Offline Fippe94Topic starter

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeGold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of DeathBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Fragments https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61224.msg1224181#msg1224181
« on: February 18, 2016, 04:39:11 pm »
As some of you already know, I have been working on a card game for a while, and I think it is stable enough to make a topic about it.

A quick summary to let you know what the game is all about:
There are 5 colors of mana, like in MtG.
You can sacrifice a card from your hand to increase your max mana of that color.
Mana resets to max at the start of each turn.
Creature can be placed in attack or defense zone.
Creatures in the Defense zone can attack creatures in opponent's Attack Zone.
Creatures in the Attack zone can attack any of opponent's creature, or if opponent's Defense zone is empty, they can attack the opponent directly.
Artifacts are like permanents in EtG, but they have durability that decrease when their abilities are used. When durability reaches 0, they are destroyed.

All the cards ingame now are designed by skyironsword.

So without further ado, here is the game!
There is an ingame tutorial too!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 07:26:25 pm by Fippe94 »
Try Fragments, my card game!

cvengrcnq qbg arg fynfu frperg cnffjbeq
KVVV > KYIVV

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: My Card Game (name still pending...) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61224.msg1224184#msg1224184
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2016, 05:41:20 pm »
I'm not sure whether this game affected yours, but you should check out Mytheria: http://www.kongregate.com/games/diffusiongames/mytheria

It's a fun, free, but short card game. It has mechanics similar to your game (5 colors, you can increase mana, mana refills every turn, attack and defense zone, defensive creatures can't attack), so you could try it for even more inspiration (if you are still working on it) if you haven't tried it yet. :)
« Last Edit: February 18, 2016, 06:10:15 pm by Submachine »
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline Ginyu

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 25
  • Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Ginyu is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Feel the punch of Gravity!
  • Awards: War #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2015 WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2015 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: My Card Game (name still pending...) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61224.msg1224297#msg1224297
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2016, 04:26:06 pm »
A great game, good to see it is being developed. :)

Bug report: The ability "Regen" doesn't work. Neither as intended, nor at all.

Edit: Same with Soulseeker's ability. Doesn't trigger if anything (ally or enemy) dies, tapped or untapped.

Star Cell is also quite... fun. ^^ Not sure what it should do, so just stating what I've seen: It triggers 3 stars everytime an opponent kills one of your creatures (in the area where the Cell is, not where the dying creature was). If your creature dies from its own attack, no stars are triggered. The Star Cell itself doesn't care when it died, it will spawn 3 stars either way.

Not sure if a bug, but Miracle heals over max. HP if used on a creature, effectively giving +10 HP, even if it wasn't hurt at all.

Graphical bugs:
The first placed cards in each line while deck building is out of the screen.

Other:
For some reason, I cannot copy the deck code. That may be a browser or add-on issue rather than one of your game.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2016, 09:22:49 pm by Ginyu »
Do you have a great idea for a Weekly Tournament? Post it here!
:aether War #8 :aether          :gravity Trials #9 :gravity
:gravity War #9 :gravity
:water War #10 :water

Offline foxrain4

• Reputation Power: 10
  • foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Check my profile for a Dragon story link.
  • Awards: Card Design Competition - On the Shoulders of Giants
Re: My Card Game (name still pending...) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61224.msg1224350#msg1224350
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2016, 03:28:13 am »
That is super cool, i have always wanted to create my own card game.
The AI isn't attacking me though.

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: My Card Game (name still pending...) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61224.msg1224398#msg1224398
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2016, 10:21:15 am »
Because there is no AI...

• Administrator
  • Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.Fippe94 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeGold DonorSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #5 Winner - Abyss BrawlersSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner8th Trials - Master of DeathBrawl #3 Winner - Divine LightSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: My Card Game (name still pending...) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61224.msg1224400#msg1224400
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2016, 10:50:19 am »
A great game, good to see it is being developed. :)

Bug report: The ability "Regen" doesn't work. Neither as intended, nor at all.

Edit: Same with Soulseeker's ability. Doesn't trigger if anything (ally or enemy) dies, tapped or untapped.

Star Cell is also quite... fun. ^^ Not sure what it should do, so just stating what I've seen: It triggers 3 stars everytime an opponent kills one of your creatures (in the area where the Cell is, not where the dying creature was). If your creature dies from its own attack, no stars are triggered. The Star Cell itself doesn't care when it died, it will spawn 3 stars either way.

Not sure if a bug, but Miracle heals over max. HP if used on a creature, effectively giving +10 HP, even if it wasn't hurt at all.

Graphical bugs:
The first placed cards in each line while deck building is out of the screen.

Other:
For some reason, I cannot copy the deck code. That may be a browser or add-on issue rather than one of your game.

Regen and all death trigger things are now fixed.

Healing over max hp is also fixed

As for the grahpical bug, could you please show me with a screenshot exactly what you are seeing, because on my resolution I do not get the same problem.

Copy/pasting is for some reason not supported for WebGL/Unity, which sucks. I will make some kind of workaround eventually, but it is not ingame for now.

Yeah, there is no AI. When you play alone you control both players.

Thanks for the positive comments guys :)

KVVV > KYIVV

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: My Card Game (name still pending...) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61224.msg1224407#msg1224407
« Reply #6 on: February 20, 2016, 12:16:52 pm »
Suggestions so far:
  • To avoid the first turn card sacrifice, the players could be offered to get a mana of their choice in the beginning of the game.
  • Highlight could be added to playable cards, just like in Elements.

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: My Card Game (name still pending...) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61224.msg1224412#msg1224412
« Reply #7 on: February 20, 2016, 12:37:38 pm »
Suggestions so far:
  • To avoid the first turn card sacrifice, the players could be offered to get a mana of their choice in the beginning of the game.
  • Highlight could be added to playable cards, just like in Elements.
I find it more interesting to have to sacrifice cards. It adds more to the strategy. You can either sacrifice big cards and go for a more aggressive approach, or sacrifice small cards and go for a more control approach.

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Who needs a Sub?
Re: My Card Game (name still pending...) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61224.msg1224474#msg1224474
« Reply #8 on: February 20, 2016, 08:22:57 pm »
I find it more interesting to have to sacrifice cards. It adds more to the strategy. You can either sacrifice big cards and go for a more aggressive approach, or sacrifice small cards and go for a more control approach.
You could still sacrifice another card right out the gate, so that option wouldn't be taken away from you. If both players discard, it's just -1 card with no real advantage to anyone (unless someone has a Peasant card).

It's just a suggestion though. I'm still just getting used to all the functions, so what I said doesn't weigh much yet.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2016, 08:26:55 pm by Submachine »

~ Platinum Quest ~

• Administrator
Re: My Card Game (name still pending...) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61224.msg1226265#msg1226265
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2016, 05:33:46 pm »
Just made a small update: Now you need at least 30 cards in your deck, and you lose on deckout.

KVVV > KYIVV

• Administrator
Re: My Card Game (name still pending...) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61224.msg1235285#msg1235285
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2016, 07:57:14 pm »
Big update: I changed how the attack/defense zone work (check OP), added several new cards (designed by skyironsword), and finally (hopefully) fixed online!

KVVV > KYIVV

• Administrator
Re: My Card Game (name still pending...) https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=61224.msg1235499#msg1235499
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2016, 10:08:05 pm »
Did some more bug fixes in the past days, also colored stuff in their mana color, with brighter color when untapped (or playable if it's a card).

KVVV > KYIVV

anything
blarg: skyironsword