*Author

Offline Drake_XIVTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Elements Pokemon League - PokemonOnline Branch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38623.msg480703#msg480703
« on: April 14, 2012, 02:08:50 am »
Pokemon Online Pokemon League

What is Pokemon Online?  It is an online Pokemon battle simulator.  And probably the most up-to-date and popular one out so far.  Downloads for it are available here:

First things first.  This is a PokemonOnline only League.

I've been in a couple of different gym systems, primarily those made for larger groups. My idea is basically taking the model of the gyms used in the Pokemon games, and adapting them to our group. This means:

* 8 Gym Leaders

* 4 Elite Four Members

* 1 Champion

* Challengers

Also, note that when battling, everyone participating in a league battle must follow the sleep clause, freeze clause, species clause, and self K.O. clause. All official battles will be single battles.

Gym Leaders

The Gym Leaders can be fought in any order.

As a Gym Leader, you must have a specialized type. This means that each Pokemon on your team must have at least one common type (Everything must have a water type if you are the water gym leader for example). A Pokemon does not have to be pure water type in this example; a dual typed Pokemon is, of course, allowed, such as Water/Grass for a water type team.

Elite Four Members

The Elite 4 may be challenged in any order.  However, there's a catch. If you lose at any time while challenging the Elite 4, you must start over with the first member. So, say for example, I lose at the 3rd Elite Four member; I would then have to defeat both Elite Four members 1 and 2 again, starting the challenge over.

As a member of the Elite 4, you have been chosen to represent the League as a talented battler. Like a gym leader, you must specify in one type of Pokemon. However, unlike a gym leader, you make take in a second type as your main. This means Dual Type teams. And example would be a Rock and Grass type team. Every Pokemon on the team must be either Rock or Grass.

The Champion

The Champion will be set up to model the game's system as well. If you manage to gather all the gym badges, and then beat the Pokemon League, and then emerge victorious over the current Champion (if there is one when you challenge), you will be crown the Elements League Champion. As the Champion, you may only use the Pokemon that you defeated the Pokemon League Champion with against opposing challengers. If you are the current Champion and you are defeated, you are free to challenge the League again and try to reclaim your spot.  Please note that you must work your way up the League ladder instead of merely beating the League.  The first Champion will be determined through a tournament of the first Gym Leaders.

As the Champion, you are a unique specimen of battler, one who has conquered the rough terrains of the Pokemon Gyms and the war zone that is the Pokemon League. Only the truly great will be crowned Champion.

Challengers

The Challenger position is what makes the League. As a Challenger, it's up to you to do your best in your quest of becoming Champion. However, before you do so, there are some rules you must abide by in your challenge:

1. In order to challenge the Elements Pokemon League, you must register a team of 9 Pokemon that you can use throughout your challenge.
   2. The use of any Pokemon not included in your original registration team will cause your immediate disqualification.
   3. In order to register, you must post your name, and registration team.  This will be recorded in the second post.  All previous challengers and their information will be kept here.
   4. If you wish to change the Pokemon in your registration team, you must re-register and start your challenge over again.

Challengers must follow these 4 rules in order to be eligible to partake in the Elements Pokemon League Challenge.

The Committee

Due to this community, there will still be Committee, but they will not play an integral role in the system.  They will be the judges whenever a challenge to become a League Member is invoked, but even then, they are merely spectators for the most part.

Also, as this is separate from Elements, there are no real prizes for competing and winning.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 05:42:19 pm by Drake_XIV »

• Legendary Member
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Pokemon League - PokemonOnline Branch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38623.msg480704#msg480704
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2012, 02:09:01 am »
Staff
Committee
Committee MemberPokemon Online Name
Drake_XIVDrake_XIV
killsdazombiesKillsdazombies

Gym Leaders
Gym LeaderPokemon Online NameType
TyranimNheslhawsGrass
Drake_XIVDrake_XIVFlying
killsdazombiesKillsdazombiesDark
twitchyfbTwitchyGhost
einherjar145einherjar145Psychic

Elite 4
<Temporarily Disbanded>

Champion
<Pending>

Challengers

In order to sign-up, use the following forms:

Code: (Staff Form) [Select]
Username:
Type:
IGN:
Challengers, please take note of the Ban List.

Spoiler for Ban List:
Mewtwo
Mew
Ho-oh
Lugia
Celebi
Latias [If Holding Soul Dew]
Latios [If Holding Soul Dew]
Kyogre
Groudon
Rayquaza
Deoxys [All Formes]
Jirachi
Garchomp
Palkia
Dialga
Giratina [All Formes]
Heatran*
Shaymin [Sky Forme]
Arceus [All Formes]
Victini
Reshiram
Zekrom
Landorus*
Genessect*
Moeletta*

Using Smogon Ban List
*These have been banned for one of two reasons.  One, they have not been released yet.  Two, to prevent the abuse of their use in Challengers' teams.

Code: (Challenger Form) [Select]
Username:
Registered Pokemon:
IGN:

For hopeful staff, PM Drake_XIV and I will come around eventually to assign a committee member to test if your team is valid for testing.  For League positions, remember that everyone starts off as a Gym Leader and merely has to make their way up the ladder.

Challengers may start League battles once the Gyms have all been filled.  However, they cannot move past until those further positions have been filled.  Also note that staff members may also challenge the League themselves.  However, when it comes to your position, a proxy must be approved as your replacement.

Also, it would also be appreciated if people would create badges for each type, since, considering the nature of this League, the Gym types may change.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2012, 01:45:25 am by Drake_XIV »

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: Elements Pokemon League - PokemonOnline Branch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38623.msg480721#msg480721
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 02:37:39 am »
Username: tyranim
Type [Unless applying to be Committee Member]: committee (and gymleader when able [grass])
IGN: Nheslhaws
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 02:54:56 am by tyranim »
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Pokemon League - PokemonOnline Branch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38623.msg480725#msg480725
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2012, 02:43:30 am »
Just noting that I intend to do this, and will have my stuff set up by tomorrow.
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

• Legendary Member
  • Powerful Harmony
Re: Elements Pokemon League - PokemonOnline Branch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38623.msg480732#msg480732
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2012, 02:50:14 am »
Username: tyranim
Type [Unless applying to be Committee Member]: gym leader
IGN: Nheslhaws

Three issues:
1. There are a lack of committee members, so before Gyms can be given, 3 Committee chairs must be assigned.  Remember you can be on the Committee and a Leader at the same time.
2.  By type, I meant what Pokemon type you will use.  If that field is left blank, then you're applying for a Committee seat.
3.  I just want to make this clear, regardless of whether this field is correct.  It would be your Pokemon Online name, not Elements.

Offline RootRanger

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 51
  • RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.RootRanger brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • R A I N B R O S
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake10th Trials - Master of FireElemental Conquest WinnerWriting Competition - Across(tic) the World of ElementsWeekly Tournament Winner1st Grandmaster Battle Winner - FireThere Can Be Only One - 2016 WinnerGold DonorChampionship League 2/2015 2nd Place9th Trials - Master of FireElements: A Game of Politics - WinnerEnder of War War #8 Winner - Team FireWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2013 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #4 Winner - Team DeathChampionship League 3/2011 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBeginners League 2/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerWeekly PvP Tournament WinnerBeginners League 1/2011 2nd PlaceWeekly PvP Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Pokemon League - PokemonOnline Branch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38623.msg480735#msg480735
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2012, 03:01:28 am »
Legendaries are banned from the League, no matter what the tier.  Competitive battlers will understand what I mean.
No, we won't. Legendaries are just like normal pokemon. Their differences are that they are generally stronger than the average pokemon and they are more difficult to get the right natures and IVs for in-game. The first point is negligible because the overpowered legendaries are banned, just like other overpowered pokemon. The non overpowered legendaries are certainly allowed. Honestly, are you going to ban Articuno and Regigigas while allowing Tyranitar and Dragonite? Seriously? The second point isn't even relevant because playing through PO, or another simulator, is simply better. It's more accessible to players (I haven't even bothered to beat all the gyms in my copy of White, which probably doesn't even have Wifi set up) and takes far less time. Just because some people spent hours training in-game doesn't mean everyone has to. The only places that can pull off such a large Wifi league are forums even larger than this one focused purely on pokemon.

I like the 9-pokemon team. Can things like natures, items, etc. be swapped out?
I also like the single typing for gym leaders and dual for elite members. Clever and effective.

I think the size is too big. By the time you have 8 gym leaders and 4 E4 members, you'll barely have any challengers left. I think it should be halved to 4 gyms and an E2.

Lastly, I don't think it's good to force players to challenge gym leaders and elite members in order. The first few gym leaders will be overwhelmed, while the further gym leaders will rarely have games. I think practicality takes priority over closely following the games.
Somehow still around, somewhat

Offline Silver

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Silver is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements Pokemon League - PokemonOnline Branch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38623.msg480736#msg480736
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2012, 03:04:27 am »
I'd be sooo down for this. Never got into competative Pokemon but I've always been meaning to.

Offline einherjar145

• einherjar145 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hehehehehe
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Pokemon League - PokemonOnline Branch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38623.msg480737#msg480737
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2012, 03:07:42 am »
1. I would like to join. I just don't know what to be yet :D
2 Legendaries should not be banned and technically some Legendary Pokemon at max IV (ex: Arceus) can lose to a lv 50 pokemon. Yep I did that in PO. :P. So ban the non-OP legends, not all :D
3. Would you mind that I suggest that The Gym Leaders and the Elite Four can have one 'wild card'? Like any type, not just your own. A bit of variety in the mix don't you think?
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 03:15:25 am by einherjar145 »

Offline pikachufan2164

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.pikachufan2164 soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Phase in, phase out.
  • Awards: Rouser of Willng3 RecruitsWeekly Tournament WinnerWar #5 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake 	2nd Trivia Winner
Re: Elements Pokemon League - PokemonOnline Branch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38623.msg480744#msg480744
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 03:13:58 am »
@ Pokémon selection bannings

I think it's just easier to use the banlists provided by some of the larger-scale competitive Pokémon communities (like Smogon).

I think the size is too big. By the time you have 8 gym leaders and 4 E4 members, you'll barely have any challengers left. I think it should be halved to 4 gyms and an E2.

Lastly, I don't think it's good to force players to challenge gym leaders and elite members in order. The first few gym leaders will be overwhelmed, while the further gym leaders will rarely have games. I think practicality takes priority over closely following the games.
Alternate solution to the underpopulation problem: have the Gym Leaders and E4 be NPCs, and the players controlling them can have a Challenger character of their own.

Seconding the suggestion of "challenge leaders and E4 in any order," especially since Gen V's E4 can be challenged in any order.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 03:15:35 am by pikachufan2164 »
I'm doing science, and I'm still alive.

Level 2 Magic Judge.

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: Elements Pokemon League - PokemonOnline Branch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38623.msg480755#msg480755
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2012, 03:23:20 am »
@ Pokémon selection bannings

I think it's just easier to use the banlists provided by some of the larger-scale competitive Pokémon communities (like Smogon).

Alternate solution to the underpopulation problem: have the Gym Leaders and E4 be NPCs, and the players controlling them can have a Challenger character of their own.

Seconding the suggestion of "challenge leaders and E4 in any order," especially since Gen V's E4 can be challenged in any order.
this. but idk what the banlist is. only reason i would say ban all legendaries is because i personally prefer to never use them due to most of them being op
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

• Legendary Member
  • Powerful Harmony
Re: Elements Pokemon League - PokemonOnline Branch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38623.msg480756#msg480756
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2012, 03:24:08 am »
RootRanger, I had meant in what tiers are.  Of course people will disagree on the usage of Legendaries and/or the limits of Legendary usage.  This system is not judged on power, but canon.

As for League size, I just wanted to use the canon size as a base, to gauge who is willing.  Also, Gym leaders can challenge the League too, so there can be enough people.

As said before, this is merely a base format, meaning that the entire thing can change.  That includes uses of Wildcard Pokemon in League teams, Amount of Positions, and use of lower tier Legendaries.  Also, I have been debating if gyms can be faced in order.  If so, I may be forced to rethink the admission process.

Now, in regards of the party, multiple copies of Held Items can be used, but Pokemon stats and moves can not be changed over one challenge.  However, you may have multiple copies of a Pokemon in your reserves with different natures.  However, they cannot be put in the same team.  For example, you can submit your application with two Salamence on it, one with Moxie, the other Intimidate, but they cannot be used in the same team.

I will ammend the OP later, as I am on my DS.

Offline einherjar145

• einherjar145 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Hehehehehe
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Pokemon League - PokemonOnline Branch https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=38623.msg480760#msg480760
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2012, 03:33:18 am »
How about this suggestion?

We can face the Gym Leaders and E4 in any order. However, lets say I have 3 badges and I go to a random gym. The Gym Leader would bring out her 4th badge pokemon team. So, number of badges changes the team. So there is still difficulty in the sense that later in the game, it gets harder. 1= easiest. 8= hardest. The team = +1 of their badges amount. Like u have a specific pokemon team and IV for the first gym they faced, 2nd,3rd and so on
« Last Edit: April 14, 2012, 03:39:56 am by einherjar145 »

anything
blarg: