*Author

Offline treebeard xiii

• Reputation Power: 18
  • treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.treebeard xiii is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • sose is all i need and all i give
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253454#msg1253454
« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2016, 03:01:00 pm »
Spoiler for Hidden:
So there I was in the nether, at level 28 and trying to get higher so I can enchant things, but my pick had just broken, so I start heading back to make a new one. Then I see this in the chat:

As I approach the portal, I see a dozen pigmen crowding around where Valerian's corpse would be. I rush to the portal as the mob chases after me. I try to fend them off with my fist, and I escape from hell an instant before I would have died.

I emerge in the center of town, where a couple people are milling around. I have no armor, half a hunger bar, and a few hearts.

Then pigmen start pouring out of the portal.

I run.

The pigmen continue to chase me around spawn as I frantically try to heal myself and prepare a defense, desperate to not lose those hard-earned levels.

It wouldn't take long for Nash's full inventory to despawn. I know that we have to take out the portal if this is going to end, so I run to the chest where I left my diamond pick, and take a hit as I move it to my hotbar. I know I can't do this alone, so I ask anti to cover me while I go for the portal. He jumps down from the roof to assist, and I manage to mine an obsidian block just before the pigmen reached me.

The area was secure.

It was the best 5 minutes of Minecraft I had ever played.

lesson learned one does not mess with the pigs so when i enter into the nether in the future are the pigs now peaceful again?
love makin my decks unusual if able. Chaos and luck are widely regarded as different i beg to differ just refer to :entropy but for those in the know also refer to :time and :death.

The nymphs of tree

Offline antiaverageTopic starter

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • HTML5-hipster-sloth.bunchie();
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeRaise the Banners...AgainSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #7 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253457#msg1253457
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2016, 03:35:35 pm »
lesson learned one does not mess with the pigs so when i enter into the nether in the future are the pigs now peaceful again?

They're safe again.

a Community Jukebox too, with 1 added music disc.

Awesome, will need to build a mob grinder to get the rests of the discs quickly. A new task, yay!

It's on the billboard already, but where can I find a Nether Wart farm? I'll need some Fire Resistance potions soon.

It's in the old base, if you follow the white carpet road. We can move it to spawn, though. I need to clear out the southern part of spawn for a farm.

And I'll leave you with this shot of CleanOnion working on his mountain home:

Developer of http://dek.im - a Deck Image generator with rollover to view full cards, current to version 1.327

Thanks to Amashi for my avatar!

Offline dragtom

• Reputation Power: 16
  • dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Champion of the Silences Torn.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Divine ArtificeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #8 WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253482#msg1253482
« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2016, 08:17:16 pm »
please take into consideration spawnrates in the nether fortress.

Lighting the place up makes it worse.
Putting blocks at feet-height makes it worse.
Preventing wither skellies from spawning makes it worse.

Eventually it'll be converted to a proper farm, but until then, best to improve spawnrates as much as possible.

If you want a 'safe room', dig it outside the fortress, and make it spawnproof with slabs.

also, my 2nd beacon can go to the community.
I can't come online today, but someone else can grab it.
It is not the active one down below,
instead, it is on the balcony at the top of my house.
be quick- time is quanta.

• Administrator
  • antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeRaise the Banners...AgainSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #7 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253499#msg1253499
« Reply #99 on: December 16, 2016, 12:06:33 am »
Should we allow people to put up special signs that then show up on the online map? Could be useful for marking territory or publicly useful stuff like a slime chunk, etc.
Developer of http://dek.im - a Deck Image generator with rollover to view full cards, current to version 1.327

Offline ddevans96

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 113
  • ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.ddevans96 is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • now palafrost
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSilver Donor9th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of WaterSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWinner of the Harry Potter PvP House CupSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253500#msg1253500
« Reply #100 on: December 16, 2016, 12:21:49 am »
Should we allow people to put up special signs that then show up on the online map? Could be useful for marking territory or publicly useful stuff like a slime chunk, etc.

I'm in favor of this
discord / twitter: palafrost - 2x master of water - false god enthusiast
twitch: palafrost - speedrunner, ex-celeste, currently hades
avatar: makoto [persona 5] by asukabaka

• Administrator
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253503#msg1253503
« Reply #101 on: December 16, 2016, 02:31:48 am »
Using a sign: Players can now create markers on the map using specially labelled signs. To use these, the first line of the sign MUST be [dynmap]. After that, any non-blank line will be included in the label of the marker, except for lines formatted as set:<markerset-id> (which allows the marker to be added to a specific marker set) or icon:<icon-id> (which allows the marker to be set to use a specific icon - if not specified, the icon sign is used). If the marker is successfully created, the sign's text will erase the [dynmap], set: and icon: lines. If the sign is later deleted, the corresponding map marker is deleted.

Icons that you can use are listed here:
https://github.com/webbukkit/dynmap/wiki/Using-markers#marker-icons

Offline UTAlan

• Reputation Power: 58
  • UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Immortally Aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeReviver of the WikiWar #6 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSecond Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253538#msg1253538
« Reply #102 on: December 16, 2016, 03:15:08 pm »

• Administrator
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253550#msg1253550
« Reply #103 on: December 16, 2016, 08:37:25 pm »

Offline ValerianFlame

• Reputation Power: 6
  • ValerianFlame is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Your #1 source of Necrosis.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253566#msg1253566
« Reply #104 on: December 17, 2016, 01:48:19 am »
We can make the recipe more expensive.

7 Eyes of Ender :silly:

8 Nether Stars :silly:

7 Beacons, 1 Dragon Head (obtainable in end city, according to wiki) :sillyspin:
I always liked fire. It "warmed up" to me. :fire
Brawl #6: Pyrocloaks.
┴o dɹoʌǝ ʞnɹo ʍǝ ɐɹǝ ɐll pndlᴉɔɐʇǝs' I sɥɐll ʍɹᴉʇǝ ʇɥǝ sɐɯǝ ʇɥᴉuƃ ʍᴉʇɥ ɯnlʇᴉdlǝ ɐɔɔonuʇs˙ (Ɔodʎ dɐsʇǝ ʇɥᴉs ɯǝssɐƃǝ)
No longer active in blab. Contact me through Elements Discord.

Offline ValerianFlame

Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253569#msg1253569
« Reply #105 on: December 17, 2016, 02:29:21 am »
Urgent: There's something I wish to ask everyone in the minecraft server:

Should we abandon using oak trees, or stick with both oak and birch?

There are pros and cons to each. If we decide to use only birch trees, I will burn my oak saplings for fuel purposes.
┴o dɹoʌǝ ʞnɹo ʍǝ ɐɹǝ ɐll pndlᴉɔɐʇǝs' I sɥɐll ʍɹᴉʇǝ ʇɥǝ sɐɯǝ ʇɥᴉuƃ ʍᴉʇɥ ɯnlʇᴉdlǝ ɐɔɔonuʇs˙ (Ɔodʎ dɐsʇǝ ʇɥᴉs ɯǝssɐƃǝ)

Offline UTAlan

• Reputation Power: 58
  • UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Immortally Aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeReviver of the WikiWar #6 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSecond Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253570#msg1253570
« Reply #106 on: December 17, 2016, 02:34:28 am »
Why abandon? What are the pros to not using a certain kind of wood?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Offline ValerianFlame

Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253573#msg1253573
« Reply #107 on: December 17, 2016, 02:49:59 am »
Why abandon? What are the pros to not using a certain kind of wood?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Oak trees are not the most reliable trees around. Some oaks only have 4 wood, while others have wood that is unreachable due to the branches.

Birches are central, having 5-7 wood in every tree. All of the wood is reachable.

blarg: CleanOnion,Amashi