*Author

Offline Linkcat

• Master of Life
  • Reputation Power: 37
  • Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Linkcat is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Mafia? Mafia. :fire
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeLast Tournament Winner14th Trials - Master of LifeMaster of GamesSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Sideboard #4 - PvP EventWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253305#msg1253305
« Reply #72 on: December 13, 2016, 03:31:17 am »
Bonus:

Interested in running a Forum Game? PM me or drop by the Transfer Thread and we'll see what we can do.

Offline ValerianFlame

• Reputation Power: 6
  • ValerianFlame is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Your #1 source of Necrosis.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253306#msg1253306
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2016, 03:38:13 am »
Bonus:

Humiliation galore. Also: I'm constantly like: "yeah!" after I fall from a very high place.

And also, I'm not the one who tried to swim in lava.
I always liked fire. It "warmed up" to me. :fire
Brawl #6: Pyrocloaks.
┴o dɹoʌǝ ʞnɹo ʍǝ ɐɹǝ ɐll pndlᴉɔɐʇǝs' I sɥɐll ʍɹᴉʇǝ ʇɥǝ sɐɯǝ ʇɥᴉuƃ ʍᴉʇɥ ɯnlʇᴉdlǝ ɐɔɔonuʇs˙ (Ɔodʎ dɐsʇǝ ʇɥᴉs ɯǝssɐƃǝ)
No longer active in blab. Contact me through Elements Discord.

Offline Solaris

• Reputation Power: 37
  • Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Solaris is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253308#msg1253308
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2016, 06:22:19 am »
Spoiler for They grow up so fast:

Spoiler for Goodbye, UTA!:

Offline antiaverageTopic starter

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • HTML5-hipster-sloth.bunchie();
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeRaise the Banners...AgainSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #7 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253310#msg1253310
« Reply #75 on: December 13, 2016, 08:46:04 am »
Built a perimeter for spawn and lit it up so we can enjoy some fishing in peace:

Spoiler for Compare with previous spawn:

Rain hitting the water increases fishing rate:

Developer of http://dek.im - a Deck Image generator with rollover to view full cards, current to version 1.327

Thanks to Amashi for my avatar!

Offline dragtom

• Reputation Power: 16
  • dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Champion of the Silences Torn.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Divine ArtificeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #8 WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253319#msg1253319
« Reply #76 on: December 13, 2016, 01:33:17 pm »
I see we are with 12 now.
We could each pick an element for the temple.
be quick- time is quanta.

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253320#msg1253320
« Reply #77 on: December 13, 2016, 02:07:05 pm »
How does this railway station work exactly? Is it just a fancy station with no extra function or is there redstone involved?

And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline UTAlan

• Reputation Power: 58
  • UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Immortally Aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeReviver of the WikiWar #6 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSecond Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253325#msg1253325
« Reply #78 on: December 13, 2016, 03:18:47 pm »
Redstone. Right click the arrow in the item frame and it rotates an 8th turn clockwise. This changes the redstone current and alters the track. Anti built it and it's pretty awesome. He can provide more details if you want it.

Also, to provide context to Solaris' post, my house is almost exactly 1k blocks away. Riding the rail there gives an achievement about 6 blocks from the end.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Administrator
  • antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeRaise the Banners...AgainSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #7 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253342#msg1253342
« Reply #79 on: December 13, 2016, 07:36:04 pm »
How does this railway station work exactly?

A rail at a junction (a standard rail surrounded on 3 sides by other rails) will change between two possible orientations depending on whether it is getting a strong redstone signal or not. When your minecart crosses a curved track, if it hits the straight side it will take the turn, if it hits the curved side it will continue over it. This lets you use redstone to direct a minecart. Caveat: when building a junction, it will use the direction it is built regardless of power state, so you need to power cycle the junction to see its default state. Also, whether the default is to take the turn or continue straight depends on the cardinal directions the rails are facing.

I built the junctions and noted that the unpowered state of the junction would allow the minecart to continue to the next junction. The powered state of the junction would cause the minecart to take the turn, thus sending you off on a particular railway.

Each junction has a torch under it, providing strong power or no power depending on the state. So sending a signal to the torch will invert the state. Since each junction starts off powered, the minecart will take the turn, heading off on Track One in the default state. If we inverted the torch under Track One, then the minecart would bypass that junction and head off on Track Two, etc.

To select the track, I am using an item frame. An item frame contains an item, and the item can be reoriented by right-clicking. This was original just for decorative purposes and rotated in 90 degree intervals, but in 1.8 they were updated to rotate in 45 degree intervals, and the position could be read by a comparator from the opposite side of the block.

Spoiler for Arrow in position 8:

When you place in item in the item frame, that is its default state. It will give off a signal strength of 1, meaning only the first redstone dust in a line of redstone dust coming off of the output of the comparator will receive power. In the 2nd position, it will give off a signal strength of 2, etc. There are eight total positions.

I used an arrow in the item frame since it points in an obvious direction so that we could add signs around the item frame describing which track that position would cause you to take. Caveat: different resource packs show a different default position. So on the default texture, the default state for the arrow in the item frame is pointing up-right. In UTAlan's old resource pack it was something else. Neither of us knew this issue and we ran headlong into it. Later UTAlan picked a different resource pack that uses the same default direction. So pro tip, if someone using the track complains that it's mis-calibrated, suggest they change their resource pack.

So now you run in to a problem. You can send a signal up to 8 redstone dust down the line, but since a junction must be two blocks from another junction, you are wasting half the signal. Only every other direction on the item frame will create a signal that reaches the next junction.

Spoiler for Arrow in position 8:

The solution is that since the junctions are every 2 blocks, we want to add 2 to the signal power for every position on the item frame. That means we need to multiply by two. But how do you multiply with Minecraft redstone? There is no block to multiply, add, or divide a signal power. However, the comparator has a second state. If you right-click it, the front torch will turn on and it will be in subtraction mode. In subtraction mode, the highest side input signal power will be subtracted from the rear input signal power.

So now we need to multiply by 2 with subtraction. A general solution to this that includes division (fancy subtraction) would be:
f(x) = x - (x/2 - x) - (x/2 - x)

But we cant divide in Minecraft. However, we know a couple of things that can be useful. We can't ever have negative signal power, so the minimum value we can work with is 0, and the maximum value for a redstone signal is 15, a game rule. Also, we can only work with whole numbers. So:
f(x) = 15 - (7 - x) - (8 - x)

Another way to reason this out:

We have a maximum value of 15.
If we subtract it from itself, we get our minimum value of 0.
15 - 15 = 0
If we divide that subtraction across two steps, we still get our minimum value of 0, but have introduced a multiple of 2
15 - 7.5 - 7.5 = 0
Whole numbers only
15 - 8 - 7 = 0
Now we can reflect that division as multiplication by 2 of a given value
15 - (8 - a) - (7 - a) = 2a

Now that's something we can do with redstone. For any input signal x, we can get 2*x using the above formula. Now we just have to make that into something physical. Comparators can do subtraction, as we mentioned, when you right-click on them to turn on their front torch. Now we need a signal power of 15 which is the same as given by a torch, lever, button, redstone block, etc. We also need signal power of 7 and 8, which we could technically do with more item frames and comparators. But comparators can also read signal strength from other objects which can vary the signal. Anything that can contain items will give off a varying signal based on how full it is. Anything you choose is fine, but I like to use droppers. A dropper with 4 non-stackable items and a single stack of 32 items will give off a signal power of 8, and if the single stack were only 24 it would give off a signal power of 7, exactly what we need. I use 4 wooden shovels and stacks of sticks.

Spoiler for Arrow in position 1:

Side note: 15 - (8 - a) - (7 - a) = 15 - (7 - a) - (8 - a), so it doesn't matter which dropper has the stack of 24 and which has the stack of 32.

So now all that's left is to rearrange slightly and bury it all underground. Let me know if you have any questions.

Developer of http://dek.im - a Deck Image generator with rollover to view full cards, current to version 1.327

Offline dragtom

• Reputation Power: 16
  • dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Champion of the Silences Torn.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Divine ArtificeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #8 WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253349#msg1253349
« Reply #80 on: December 13, 2016, 08:18:37 pm »
I explored a little, and every cartographer's title... well...
Spoiler for Hidden:

be quick- time is quanta.

• Administrator
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253355#msg1253355
« Reply #81 on: December 13, 2016, 10:20:54 pm »

Offline ValerianFlame

• Reputation Power: 6
  • ValerianFlame is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Your #1 source of Necrosis.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253359#msg1253359
« Reply #82 on: December 14, 2016, 03:41:22 am »
I lost everything that wasn't in my chest, including my 11 diamonds I collected. rip ambitions.
I always liked fire. It "warmed up" to me. :fire
Brawl #6: Pyrocloaks.
┴o dɹoʌǝ ʞnɹo ʍǝ ɐɹǝ ɐll pndlᴉɔɐʇǝs' I sɥɐll ʍɹᴉʇǝ ʇɥǝ sɐɯǝ ʇɥᴉuƃ ʍᴉʇɥ ɯnlʇᴉdlǝ ɐɔɔonuʇs˙ (Ɔodʎ dɐsʇǝ ʇɥᴉs ɯǝssɐƃǝ)
No longer active in blab. Contact me through Elements Discord.

• Administrator
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1253361#msg1253361
« Reply #83 on: December 14, 2016, 05:10:52 am »
I use LiteLoader to make it easy to swap in client-side mods. Once you set up the LiteLoader profile (simple download and installer), you can just drop client-side mods into your mods folder. I use LiteLoader over other choices because it is light, simple, and powerful just like it says on the tin. It doesn't have the bloat of other options. Check it out here:
http://www.liteloader.com/

Knowing if there is enough light to prevent spawns can be tedious. I use the following client-side mod to toggle on a view that helps me keep our spawn area hostile mob free:
http://www.liteloader.com/mod/spawndetector

Currently we allow minimap mods, and my weapon of choice is voxelmap:
http://www.liteloader.com/mod/voxelmap

LiteLoader supports Optifine, a great way to keep your game running smoothly and adding a zoom feature. Simply download the .jar file and drop it in your mods folder:
http://optifine.net/downloads

Browse other compatible mods here:
http://www.liteloader.com/mods#version=1.11

If you need any help with this, let me know. Feel free to share your client-side mods with the rest of us :)
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 12:36:56 am by antiaverage »

blarg: Amashi,UTAlan