*Author

Offline dragtom

• Reputation Power: 16
  • dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.dragtom is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Champion of the Silences Torn.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - Divine ArtificeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #8 WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1259972#msg1259972
« Reply #300 on: March 13, 2017, 11:44:46 pm »
il mango's short video about stone generators.
Basically, random ticks can force lava to move.

also, you can shear snow golems to get the pumpkin back
be quick- time is quanta.

Offline antiaverageTopic starter

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • HTML5-hipster-sloth.bunchie();
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeRaise the Banners...AgainSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #7 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1260112#msg1260112
« Reply #301 on: March 14, 2017, 03:24:11 pm »
il mango's short video about stone generators.
Basically, random ticks can force lava to move.

I saw that video when it was released, but they're ultimately problematic designs. They don't self-repair, and they break if you aren't actively removing the stone.

I built an updated version in the vault at spawn that I think works better on a multiplayer server, but it could still break if it ran autonomously and stone wasn't actively removed. So instead it only gives you more stone if you removed the existing stone which solves this problem.

That said, personally I still prefer self-repairing designs that don't require observer blocks. Essentially the piston that feeds the stone out of the machine also clears the water and lava flows so that they can reset easily and quickly in the case of lava flowing faster than water in some cases.

Here are some pictures of that design, built in a way so you can see how it works, but I have built a more compact version of the rear mechanism that is just a bit harder to see what is going on.

I use this device on skyblock becuase it's fast, easy to build, efficient, and self-repairing. Even if you just want cobblestone, smooth stone is faster to mine into cobblestone.

The lever is just to turn the machine on and off so you don't leave it running, but you could also easily use a pressure plate instead placed where you would stand while mining.

Off-topic: Someone had fun decorating the Spawn basement. xD What happened to snowman faces though? :o

Heh, that was me. You use shears to remove the pumpkin heads.
Developer of http://dek.im - a Deck Image generator with rollover to view full cards, current to version 1.327

Thanks to Amashi for my avatar!

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1260114#msg1260114
« Reply #302 on: March 14, 2017, 03:46:24 pm »
Thanks for the design tips! I could make dragtom's solution work, but now I'm having a different problem.

Is there a compact solution to amplify an Observer signal to hold a Piston for 2 seconds long? Usually the signal coming from the Observer comes and goes in less than a second, but I need more time than that.
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

• Administrator
  • antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.antiaverage is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeRaise the Banners...AgainSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeMS Paint Card Art #7 WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1260141#msg1260141
« Reply #303 on: March 14, 2017, 06:21:16 pm »
Thanks for the design tips! I could make dragtom's solution work

I spent a lot of time with making an observer block solution work, but there are some key issues with it that make it not as reliable and functional. Feel free to take a look at my solution to those issues in the vault at spawn.

, but now I'm having a different problem.

Is there a compact solution to amplify an Observer signal to hold a Piston for 2 seconds long? Usually the signal coming from the Observer comes and goes in less than a second, but I need more time than that.

try just using a repeater on 2-tick delay, should be long enough to pulse a piston

you can also take a look at pulse-extender circuits, the more compact solutions use comparators:

« Last Edit: March 14, 2017, 06:31:32 pm by antiaverage »
Developer of http://dek.im - a Deck Image generator with rollover to view full cards, current to version 1.327

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1260145#msg1260145
« Reply #304 on: March 14, 2017, 06:43:05 pm »
I'm not sure if I'm at the right place, but I tested the Stone generator I found.

I'm also not sure if I used it correctly, but it generated Cobble- instead of Smoothstone for me at random times.

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline DoctorC

• Reputation Power: 24
  • DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.DoctorC is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Pixelated Elementals
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWar #14 Winner - Team AetherWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.07.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.03.22.)Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: A New Standard
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1260146#msg1260146
« Reply #305 on: March 14, 2017, 06:57:19 pm »
You know what would be weird? If that cobble/stone generator actually made some messages from binar or morse code. I mean, who kows what it can say? =D
The Portfolio
Pixel gallery
Pixelartist, Translator and Architect in one body.

• Administrator
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1260150#msg1260150
« Reply #306 on: March 14, 2017, 07:38:29 pm »
I'm also not sure if I used it correctly, but it generated Cobble- instead of Smoothstone for me at random times.

The levers on top are for changing some settings, looks like I didn't put it back into default state. Should be good to go now.

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Who needs a Sub?
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1260151#msg1260151
« Reply #307 on: March 14, 2017, 07:40:04 pm »
Can someone come online and help me a bit? I'm stuck inside a wall and suffocating near Achievement City. :-[

~ Platinum Quest ~

• Administrator
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1260152#msg1260152
« Reply #308 on: March 14, 2017, 07:40:25 pm »
Can someone come online and help me a bit? I'm stuck inside a wall and suffocating near Achievement City. :-[

Coming on now.

• Administrator
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1261570#msg1261570
« Reply #309 on: March 30, 2017, 12:00:07 pm »

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Who needs a Sub?
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1261758#msg1261758
« Reply #310 on: April 01, 2017, 05:25:44 pm »
While I was looking for parrots in the new update, I found 2 great horses near a forest on my way back. I kept the black one, but the white horse is up for grabs.

I tested it and it has a speed of 20 on the CO scale (21 is the currently recorded maximum), it can jump 4,5 blocks high and has 12 hearts, which is pretty darn good if I can say. Also, it's white, which is one of the best possible colors.

I fenced it in on the logo in Achievement City. Go get it before anyone else does~

~ Platinum Quest ~

• Administrator
Re: Elements Minecraft https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=63790.msg1261759#msg1261759
« Reply #311 on: April 01, 2017, 05:26:51 pm »
I'm looking at your horse, and your horse is amazing.

blarg: Amashi