*Author

Offline ZyardranTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Zyardran is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Not too close, I'll burn you
  • Awards: No Cheese II Tourney Most Creative DeckWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.20.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeBrawl #7 Winner - Green NightSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeChampionship League 3/2016 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday Cake
Among Us Vs. Fall Guys https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67997.msg1303066#msg1303066
« on: September 28, 2020, 01:16:17 am »
Which one is better and which one's the cheap knockoff?

Spoiler for Hidden:
Among Us

Fall Guys
Team :entropy War #14
The :light of my :fire guides the way...
Current profile picture

Offline iancudorinmarian

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.iancudorinmarian walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Master of Ponies.Eternally salty about War#11 SEC.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team Darkness12th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner11th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWinner of TrinityWinner of Team PvP #710th Trials - Master of EntropySlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner9th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Among Us Vs. Fall Guys https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67997.msg1303071#msg1303071
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2020, 07:24:31 am »
They're completely different games. That's like saying Elements is a cheap knockoff of HS just because it also has cards.

Case closed.

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Among Us Vs. Fall Guys https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67997.msg1303073#msg1303073
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2020, 07:45:40 pm »
They're completely different games. That's like saying Elements is a cheap knockoff of HS just because it also has cards.

Case closed.

Agreed. The only thing they share is a 'bean' aesthetic for the characters and the fact they contain minigames which *gestures at almost every videogame ever*. They're both fantastic but completely different games, more different than Elements and HS for that matter. One is a mafia-style game with some alternate win-cons and the other is a funny physics-engine based gameshow style game, mainly focused on races. One is mostly neural and the other is mostly dexterity.
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Among Us Vs. Fall Guys https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67997.msg1303074#msg1303074
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2020, 08:11:06 pm »

Case closed.

Agreed. The only thing they share is a 'bean' aesthetic for the characters and the fact they contain minigames which *gestures at almost every videogame ever*.

Maybe true for modern games, not really true for old games.

They're both fantastic but completely different games, more different than Elements and HS for that matter. One is a mafia-style game with some alternate win-cons and the other is a funny physics-engine based gameshow style game, mainly focused on races. One is mostly neural and the other is mostly dexterity.
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

Offline Submachine

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 95
  • Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Submachine is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Who needs a Sub?
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.27.)Weekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - GoldSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBattle League 3/2013 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Among Us Vs. Fall Guys https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67997.msg1303075#msg1303075
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 08:42:04 pm »
Spoiler for Unrelated opinions about each game:
I have not played any of these games, but I have watched videos about them on my subscribed channels. Judging by entertainment value, I find Among Us to be better, because it adds suspense, suspicion, secrecy, while in Fall Guys, people can either move or grab. Fall Guys is visually cluttered, and does not allow much flexibility for commentary for streamers. The people playing it usually resort to talking about their past achievements and skin choices, that's how little commentary the game allows them.

This was all about watching these games though, and not about playing them. I cannot answer which one is more fun to play. I do not intend to play these games, because multiplayer games tend to be toxic (people grabbing you, pushing you off, blocking finish lines // people not listening, calling emergency meetings for no reason, "friends" on opposing sides teaming up and gamethrowing for the other team, bad reasoning being correct for the wrong reasons against unlucky impostor, teammates leaving the game, etc), but I love platformers with good controls, so I might enjoy playing Fall Guys more than Among Us.

But to answer the question, none of them is a knockoff. Among Us was created by the same person who made the Henry Stickmin series, that's one thing I know.
And we keep driving into the night
It's a late goodbye, such a late goodbye...

~ Platinum Quest ~

Offline andretimpa

• Master of Gravity
  • Reputation Power: 58
  • andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.andretimpa is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • OMG how did I get here I'm not good with computers
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 12th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of GravitySong of the Day Tourney Most Creative DeckSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeArt Competition - RedecoratingSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeArt Competition: MS Paint #9 WinnerArt Competition: League of the Battle Champion WinnerArt Competition: Foil ArtWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeArt Competition: Paint With Elements - The Elemental AvatarsSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeCompetition - A Challenge of Challenges1st Place WC Winner: October 20151st Place Weekly Challenge Winner: September 2015Weekly Design August 2015 - GoldWeekly Design July 2015 - SilverSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #4 WinnerPaint with Elements Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Among Us Vs. Fall Guys https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67997.msg1303076#msg1303076
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2020, 10:22:21 pm »
Among Us is just a knockoff mafia
Fall Guys is just Mario Party with battle royale tossed in

don't @ me  :sillyspin:
Every time a graboid evolves, an elemental gets his wings.
:gravity Guild (old), War 9 & 13 (gen) / :time Brawl 2 & 3, War 7 & 14 / :death War 8 & 12 / :fire Brawl 4 / :entropy Brawl 5 / :darkness War 10

Offline MasterWalks

• Reputation Power: 0
  • MasterWalks hides under a Cloak.
  • 12 year old mobile gamer
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.06.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team DarknessSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWriting Competition: The Elemental Cookbook - A Compendium and Comprehensive Compilation of Culinary Creations WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBronze DonorTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics Winner
Re: Among Us Vs. Fall Guys https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67997.msg1303079#msg1303079
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2020, 10:51:42 pm »
Among Us is just a knockoff mafia
Fall Guys is just Mario Party with battle royale tossed in

don't @ me  :sillyspin:

Among Us is a mafia knock off which is town of salem knock off which is werewolf knock off which is surviving in 50's America knock off
:gravity War 12
:darkness War 13
:fire War 14
Credit to Wyand for Profile Picture

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Among Us Vs. Fall Guys https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67997.msg1303088#msg1303088
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2020, 06:17:17 am »
-snip-
Maybe true for modern games, not really true for old games.

Don't wanna go off too topic, but how old are you talking? Zelda OoT had a fishing minigame, and lots of early Playstation games had their games padded with mechanics used for one or two levels. Back a bit further you've got the 16-bit era which, sure, didn't have too much in mini games, but if you go back as far as 8-bit or before, well, those kinda games basically /are/ minigames by modern definition. Yeah, Among Us and Fall Guys are more minigame focused than most, but I do think the vast majority of games of the past at least 20 years have had minigames as a part of them.
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline Wyand

• Tournament Organizer
  • Reputation Power: 36
  • Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.Wyand is a Gargoyle, dangerous and everlasting.
  • Not So Young Elemental
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.12.27.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.11.15.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.11.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.10.04.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.14.)Weekly Tournament Winner (2020.09.05.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner 2020.1.1913th Trials - Master of EntropyWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 2/2019 3rd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerArt Competition - Winter Paint With Elements WinnerTeam Deckbuilding/Writing Competition - A Matter of Logistics WinnerArt Competition - Definitely A Card Design CompetitionSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Among Us Vs. Fall Guys https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=67997.msg1303089#msg1303089
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2020, 07:40:37 am »
If you use the word game 'minigame' very liberally you can call a lot of mechanisms as 'minigames'. Like crafting in Diablo II.
You mentioned Playstation - maybe our view is different because I'm a PC gamer. And yes, most of the games I like are
older than 20 years.

Worms, Diablo I & II, Heroes of Might and Magic II-III-IV, Baldur's Gate I-II, Deus Ex, System Shock II, Planescape: Torment,
Doom I-II, Duke Nukem 3d, Age of Wonders, Master of Magic, Master of Orion II, Civilization series, Age of Empires, Blood,
Quake I-III, Re-Volt, Need For Speed 1-5, Unreal/UT, Max Payne 1-2, Warcraft 1-3, Starcraft etc.etc.etc.

None of them contain minigames. Although you may argue that some of them have such element which may be considered
as a minigame. The first time I think I encountered a minigame was when I played a Warcraft 3 mod around 2003.
Minigames can be fun, though I kinda feel that in many cases they are there only because A) they are popular B) they are
filler to increase play time. If used incorrectly it is a chore and breaks immersion. For me a good example (for a good usage)
was Witcher 1's dice poker. It was kinda fun, and a very good (though pretty short) music track. Bad examples where you
are just forced to get resources by boring minigames needed for advancement. TL;DR when they turn into chores.
<---- A nice purple pie, shiny cups and a trio of cakes on a red platter, a box of candies and an ice cream cone on chocolate! :) Bon appétit!

"It's hard to detect good luck - it looks so much like something you've earned." - Frank A. Clark

blarg: