*Author

Offline Ryli

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2017 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeIndium DonorArt Competition: Elemements
Re: Zanzarino (Lead Developer) speaks about new features - updated 2010-12-22 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17265.msg240355#msg240355
« Reply #144 on: January 04, 2011, 03:59:57 pm »
I think if t50 becomes t500, or t5000, all accounts should be wiped :P
it will still mostly be the same people on top anyway, more so most likely due to free money with having to do nothing but be afk.  And instead of seeing fg decks in t50, you will see actual pvp decks that even the cpu can use in the t500/t5000.  Rich get richer while the poor beg for scraps :P
Down with the poor! It's about time we rich get richer.  :))
You can't say down with the poor. Some of us poor people have good deckbuilding skills, but don't grind. The top 500 would be a mega profit for me as I can't just sit down and grind.

Offline BC

• Reputation Power: 0
  • BC hides under a Cloak.
  • have an escape plan
Re: Zanzarino (Lead Developer) speaks about new features - updated 2010-12-22 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17265.msg240357#msg240357
« Reply #145 on: January 04, 2011, 04:05:59 pm »
I was just joking, morningstar.  ^-^

Offline Ryli

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 31
  • Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.Ryli is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerElements League 3/2017 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2017 3rd PlaceSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeIndium DonorArt Competition: Elemements
Re: Zanzarino (Lead Developer) speaks about new features - updated 2010-12-22 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17265.msg240360#msg240360
« Reply #146 on: January 04, 2011, 04:14:52 pm »
I believe the correct saying would be 'down with the noobs' :D

Flash fire

Re: Zanzarino (Lead Developer) speaks about new features - updated 2010-12-22 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17265.msg240418#msg240418
« Reply #147 on: January 04, 2011, 06:02:35 pm »
Why does Tu'ing voodoo dolls cause double jepardy and hit the damage you caused all over again on the TU?
This causes flaws in logic such as

TU is not an attack, why does it trigger such an effect like an attack hit it?
I adrenalined my voodoo doll... why dont i gain adrenaline in my weapon if i can be frozen?
If you cant clone the original chimera, how can you clone a voodoo doll and still have the original both effecting the same person.
How does a near pillarless deck 4 turn false gods not appear a little over powered and exploitive.
Alot of decks cant counter these decks without rewind or mutate.
Its now the fastest deck in the game, even faster than cremation decks...faster isnt better.
The first time i saw this deck used on me i was like "what the hell just happened? i didnt attack it, why did i get hit with 58?"
I thought the whole idea was to use BB on voodoo, Gravity pull it and have the opponent... hit himself... not do some damage and TU it for instant wins.

Can you explain that this is not a glitch/exploit/bug for me and possibly consider answering some questions i asked?

-Flash

PS, Cant send you PMs.... kinda sucks

suxerz

Re: Zanzarino (Lead Developer) speaks about new features - updated 2010-12-22 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17265.msg240443#msg240443
« Reply #148 on: January 04, 2011, 06:49:35 pm »
Why does Tu'ing voodoo dolls cause double jepardy and hit the damage you caused all over again on the TU?

I adrenalined my voodoo doll... why dont i gain adrenaline in my weapon if i can be frozen?
If you cant clone the original chimera, how can you clone a voodoo doll and still have the original both effecting the same person.
How does a near pillarless deck 4 turn false gods not appear a little over powered and exploitive.
Its now the fastest deck in the game, even faster than cremation decks...faster isnt better.
The first time i saw this deck used on me i was like "what the hell just happened? i didnt attack it, why did i get hit with 58?"
I thought the whole idea was to use BB on voodoo, Gravity pull it and have the opponent... hit himself... not do some damage and TU it for instant wins.

Can you explain that this is not a glitch/exploit/bug for me and possibly consider answering some questions i asked?

-Flash

I don't think there's a reason to put the same discussion in this thread as well. If you are hoping that zanz will read your whining/ranting/question; he probably have something else to do like pwning every FGs under 3 turns with a voodoo deck. Oh, wait...

But seriously, if anyone wish to continue with this discussion, you may join the fun here (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,18807.0.html).

Offline Captain Scibra

• Reputation Power: 20
  • Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Do Domhantarraingt. Dúinn go léir.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Zanzarino (Lead Developer) speaks about new features - updated 2010-12-22 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17265.msg260420#msg260420
« Reply #149 on: January 30, 2011, 10:02:11 am »
Well in my honest opinion, I have to agree, getting rares should be more of a challenge, and besides I like the idea of us non-t50s being able to participate in an async PvP thing.  Of course though being higher rank tends to mean better deck-building capabilities, but what the hey, I'll take what I can get.  Also with the new Catapult | Trebuchet and the Acceleration | Overdrive in development, Gravity is finally getting it's high HP more use and attention.  Though I also have to say that with it being yet another card taht can act as a lobotomizing spell, and since it drains life per turn actual creature control, my skill-based control deck has a yet another enemy.
Rule #1: The Captain is never wrong.  Rule #2: If the Captain is wrong, refer to Rule #1.
The New Card Theory Thread

Offline Captain Scibra

• Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.Captain Scibra is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday Cake8th Trials - Master of GravitySlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Zanzarino (Lead Developer) speaks about new features - updated 2010-12-22 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17265.msg260421#msg260421
« Reply #150 on: January 30, 2011, 10:06:18 am »

-Flash

This is really in the wrong thread but the TU also replicates the attack it took because it replicates the voodoo doll as having the same max hp and since its not at its hghest hp, the loss in hp would then be addressed with a second attack on the enemy HP.
Rule #1: The Captain is never wrong.  Rule #2: If the Captain is wrong, refer to Rule #1.

Offline GGTopic starter

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 28
  • GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.GG is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Retired from everything...
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake3rd Trials - Master of Gravity2nd Trials - Master of GravityC-C-C-Combo Maker Winner!Weekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 1/2011 WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2010 2nd PlaceNew Passive Ability Competition Winner
Re: Zanzarino (Lead Developer) speaks about new features - updated 2010-12-22 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17265.msg260546#msg260546
« Reply #151 on: January 30, 2011, 03:35:05 pm »
This is a thread about Zanz's mentioning of new features.

Further off-topic discussions will not be tolerated.
Ex-Master of :gravity, still a fervid supporter! GO GRAVY!

Offline TheonlyrealBeef

• Master of Darkness
  • Reputation Power: 61
  • TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!TheonlyrealBeef shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Do not underestimate the power of the dark side!
  • Awards: War #14 Winner - Team Aether14th Trials - Master of Darkness2019 - PvP World ChampionSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeWar #13 Winner - Team Darkness13th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner4th Grandmaster Battle Winner - DarknessGold DonorSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWar #12 Winner - Team DarknessWeekly Tournament Winner12th Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday Cake2017 - PvP World ChampionWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2016 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeTeam PvP #4 Winner5th Trials - Master of Darkness4th Trials - Master of Darkness3rd Trials - Master of DarknessWeekly Tournament WinnerMS Paint Card Art #2 Winner
Re: Zanzarino (Lead Developer) speaks about new features - updated 2010-12-22 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17265.msg260822#msg260822
« Reply #152 on: January 30, 2011, 10:14:04 pm »
We might see an increase in storage space :D

[22:47:59] Theonlyrealbeef: btw zanz, any chance storage will increase next update? :D I'm trying to go trainer-like but don't have the card storage space.
[22:48:27] zanzarino: I can move it up to 4K
[22:48:41] Theonlyrealbeef: Yes please :)
[22:48:47] zanzarino: The limit is there mostly to keep corrupted accounts from messing with the database

Offline Captain Scibra

Re: Zanzarino (Lead Developer) speaks about new features - updated 2010-12-22 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17265.msg260849#msg260849
« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2011, 11:04:51 pm »

[22:47:59] Theonlyrealbeef: btw zanz, any chance storage will increase next update? :D I'm trying to go trainer-like but don't have the card storage space.
[22:48:47] zanzarino: The limit is there mostly to keep corrupted accounts from messing with the database
define a corrupted account? like a corrupt file that makes a program unusable?

Offline zombie0

• Reputation Power: 5
  • zombie0 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Swagger Coach
Re: Zanzarino (Lead Developer) speaks about new features - updated 2010-12-22 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17265.msg268052#msg268052
« Reply #154 on: February 10, 2011, 06:27:58 am »
this t500 system has several big issues to address

1)  whats in it for the player?  money has little value and any effort to change this will hurt new players and not affect established ones

2)  if winning decks gain score, and losing decks lose score, lets talk about how new daily decks start.  you cant define RANK 250 and SCORE 0 interchangeably.  rank 250 will be whatever the middle score is, which will not stay at zero.  if we throw away the idealistic middle rank and simply start every new deck at 0, fresh decks will either start near the top (due to computer losing a lot), or near the bottom (due to players losing a lot to difficult decks).  this is normal and will self-adjust (most directly influenced by the oracle and deck construction rules)

3)  what is incentive for players that dont need cards to play t500?  can we get a player ranking system to encourage us to participate?  (not the broken point system we have now, 700k points from farming 15000 ai3 or ai5 needs reset and preventive steps, the silly point difference may even suggest 3rd party programs).  something to not just submit a deck and close browser

4)  will there be an observer mode for watching my deck vs people?

5)  will my old deck be removed if i submit a new deck the next day?

6)  will the oracle give everyone the same deck rules?

7)  how about a pvp rating system?  most pvp games have it, and i KNOW people have been begging for in-game support of tourneys

8 )  possible to see a rotation of "rare" cards?  hopefully new cards being rare and old cards rotating into common card pool
Zombie0 gives 110 percent whenever he's in the arena. He's a team player who delivers both offensively and defensively. He has no idea what a Quantum is.

Offline BluePriest

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 46
  • BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.BluePriest is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Entropy Has You
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Zanzarino (Lead Developer) speaks about new features - updated 2010-12-22 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=17265.msg273732#msg273732
« Reply #155 on: February 19, 2011, 07:00:23 am »

define a corrupted account? like a corrupt file that makes a program unusable?
im guessing corrupted=hacked

Isnt it time to let this topic die though? we are already on alpha of the next patch,
This sig was interrupted by Joe Biden

anything
blarg: