*Author

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg481653#msg481653
« Reply #84 on: April 15, 2012, 08:08:41 pm »
Don't forget Antlion

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg481679#msg481679
« Reply #85 on: April 15, 2012, 08:30:11 pm »
Protip: Select the card it counters so that you can play the counter to the card ASAP.
I.E. Water mark for SoSac
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg499548#msg499548
« Reply #86 on: May 16, 2012, 09:17:04 pm »
buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuump

Just curious if there's any new information on this.  I love the idea of more quests; it's one of the things I'm most looking forward to, particularly if they are more difficult than current pve modes. (FG/plat)

Offline Poker Alho

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Poker Alho is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • flips are overrated
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg499609#msg499609
« Reply #87 on: May 16, 2012, 11:24:27 pm »
almost forgot about this, thanks for bumping dragon :P or otherwise i wouldnt see it

i thought this was supposed to be added with 1.31

Offline dsc003

• Reputation Power: 1
  • dsc003 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg499758#msg499758
« Reply #88 on: May 17, 2012, 03:37:27 am »
Interesting ideas for game expansion, both in Zanz original post and the on-going discussion.

I like some of the ideas that Elite arbiter mentioned...

In general this seems like a very good idea. I do have a few suggestions to get it working. The first one is a point that has already been addressed, but I would like to point it out clearly.

*    Make your hated card alterable at will.

Now the argument here is that this will make your trial have very limited replay value, and my other suggestions primarily aim to fix this while still letting the hated card be changed so as to facilitate specialized tournament events.

*    Make it so that you have to do the trial separately for each element.

This both prevents people from choosing the optimal element to breeze through it, and guarantees that a massive amount of play-content is added, as to 'complete' the trials you have to be a master of all twelve elements. However I have one more suggestion on top of this to

*    Add a secondary bonus for defeating an element that you have already defeated.

And more than just coins since I imagine those will be gained through the trials anyway. My idea was something along the lines of a graphically altered version of a card. This way players who like specific cards can get their favorite cards selected to look unique. And considering you could get 6 unupgraded and 6 upgraded for a complete set, it guarantees that there is no 'end of content' anywhere in sight. No actual mechanics change with this would be implemented, it would just be a flavorful flair.

Of course, this might be a bit tricky and time consuming to even put a small sparkle into the pictures of all the elements cards unupgraded and upgraded. Other suggestions are welcome, but there should be at least 'some' key secondary stackable bonus to encourage continued trial use.

tl;dr: Read the Bolded things, these sum up the point and are the main purpose of the post.

...however... I think that once you have beaten the trial (say with a Life mark) and you want to change the card-counter you selected at the end a player should be required to re-play the trial with that mark again. This would seem more balanced to me, especially with the continued addition of new cards. Also adding additional levels of difficulty each time you play completely through with a particular mark. Playing the trial all the way through the third time with a Life mark would be more challenging than playing through the first time with any other mark. I suppose this would require the benefit to warrant the difficulty as well, so I'm not so sure. Just my thoughts on it, great ideas, hopefully they can be improved and implemented.

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg500051#msg500051
« Reply #89 on: May 17, 2012, 05:21:08 pm »
SWEET! I loved having the PvE quest lines, but I was sad they ended so fast. I think this will be an awesome addition, regardless of the reward... although the reward planned is pretty cool too.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline asiantraceur

• asiantraceur is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg501563#msg501563
« Reply #90 on: May 20, 2012, 10:48:57 pm »
This sounds like an awesome idea!
Couple of ideas, I hope Im not repeating anyone since I only read the first page:
What incentive would there be for someone to choose the "hard" trial as opposed to the "normal" trial? If this hasn't been addressed yet may I suggest that hard trial will let you counter upped( so it will counter upgraded antimatter and unupped antimatter) whereas normal only lets you counter non-upped cards...

You should make it so that people have to redo the trial every day or at least have some time limit on it...

Implement the PvP3 idea

Make The Trial uppercase :P

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg501575#msg501575
« Reply #91 on: May 20, 2012, 11:18:55 pm »
Trials seems like it'll get confused with forum trials. Name change perhaps? To something like "the gauntlet"?

Offline TheManuz

• Reputation Power: 18
  • TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.TheManuz is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeBrawl #2 Winner - Team FireSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeVictor of the 2nd Card Design WarMS Master Painter #5The First Prophet
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg501791#msg501791
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2012, 11:32:49 am »
I also vote for "The Gauntlet" for its name!

I'm against countering only unupped cards when playing normal trial, because it punish beginners!
And in the long run, nobody would do the normal route, if can afford to beat the hard route.

I propose that The Gauntlet could give 3 "counter charges" for the normal route and 5 "counter charges" for the hard route (numbers should be evaluated).
This way you can repeat it many time to accumulate charges.

But if you want to change the card countered, you'll have to pay some "charges" (3 for example).

Offline POB_123

• POB_123 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Score: 225251
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg503935#msg503935
« Reply #93 on: May 26, 2012, 01:21:05 am »
Sounds Very Very interesting.
more quests = more fun!

Offline Heavenscall

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Heavenscall is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • only new at forum
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg507729#msg507729
« Reply #94 on: June 04, 2012, 10:40:46 pm »
More PVE quests - sounds simply good. Two different ways, one for new players and another for veterans - yep, that is very good! The idea with charges to switch the counter target seems a good idea too, cause your able to switch your counter target during a tournament - and that is needed, if you want to get the best chance to win with different decks...
And last, but not least - gauntled - vote it
Who fight can lose, but who donĀ“t fight has already lost

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg508720#msg508720
« Reply #95 on: June 07, 2012, 07:41:48 pm »
Question on the mechanics here,
Will you "store" each ritual you complete so you can switch between them?
I.e. Suppose you first pick / complete the "steal" card trial, and then complete a "deflagrate" trial next. Will you be able to switch between the two or will you have to recomplete the "steal" trial if you want that one again?
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

blarg: