*Author

Offline Jyiber

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jyiber hides under a Cloak.
  • a.k.a Jyi (Now w/o medication!!!)
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1050130#msg1050130
« Reply #132 on: March 11, 2013, 01:40:03 am »
Can't blame him.
<^> Curiosity killed the cat. Now what if I told you Curiosity was the name of my dog?
<^> All things must come to an end. The things that you loved, and things you hate, but much more pressingly, the timer to the bomb that's in the room with us.

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1050535#msg1050535
« Reply #133 on: March 12, 2013, 08:58:10 pm »
I read that as actually shooting down the chimney... I was very confuzzled until I re-read it.

Offline yee

• Reputation Power: 11
  • yee is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.yee is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • New to Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1050664#msg1050664
« Reply #134 on: March 13, 2013, 09:22:44 am »
Before the last update, everyone thought zanz was dead or kidnapped or something, too.  Then he suddenly appeared, bearing gifts of dry spells and salvagers, in addition to changing all the shards.  He's been gone for longer in the past.  I've been playing about 2 years now, and I've seen this happen before.  Admittedly, he was more active when I first started, though, but I don't think he's abandoned Elements yet.

And yeah... 'not talkative' is understatement of the year for zanz :p  He's like Santa Claus, bearing gifts every so often, but you never see him or get to talk to him or thank him or ask him for anything.  He just shoots down your chimney, leaves a bunch of new cards, and rides off on his reindeer dragon sleigh.
Could somebody make this into card idea?

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1050698#msg1050698
« Reply #135 on: March 13, 2013, 05:30:32 pm »
Sounds like something that was done for a holiday card design competition.

Offline blarp

• Reputation Power: 9
  • blarp is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • To become immortal, one must play as a god.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2013 2nd PlaceBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksChampionship League 2/2012 WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1051060#msg1051060
« Reply #136 on: March 14, 2013, 11:36:14 pm »
Bout time I commented on this.

New content is great, but personally I do not like this idea. I forsee many problems with the main benefit being a cool pve task.

I'm glad you're thinking of new features and I like the trial idea, but I think the reward should not be customizeable marks. It should not allow you to chose photon and then make a photon nightmare deck to gain a crapton of quanta if your opponent plays any of the cards etc.... Maybe earn a rehand shuffle at the start of the game? Or a one time use precog or something?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 03:01:13 am by blarp »
My default opinion of a new card is OP. Your job as a card creator will have to be to convince me otherwise.
Happy to help with questions regarding upped PvP
Thanks for voting Blarp as your Favorite PvP Deck of 2012!
Blarp (the deck), bane of Championship League

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1051072#msg1051072
« Reply #137 on: March 15, 2013, 12:10:17 am »

New content is great, but personally I do not like this idea. I forsee many problems with the main benefit being a cool pve task.

I'm glad you're thinking of new features and I like the trial idea, but I think the reward should not be customizeable marks. It should not allow you to chose photon and then make a photon nightmare deck to gain a crapton of quanta if your oppoent plays any of the cards etc.... Maybe earn a rehand shuffle at the start of the game? Or a one time use precog or something?
AI will probably be reprogrammed not to dump out tons of cheap creatures.
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

Offline blarp

• Reputation Power: 9
  • blarp is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • To become immortal, one must play as a god.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeChampionship League 1/2013 2nd PlaceBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksChampionship League 2/2012 WinnerSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1051115#msg1051115
« Reply #138 on: March 15, 2013, 03:03:53 am »

I'm glad you're thinking of new features and I like the trial idea, but I think the reward should not be customizeable marks. It should not allow you to chose photon and then make a photon nightmare deck to gain a crapton of quanta if your opponent plays any of the cards etc.... Maybe earn a rehand shuffle at the start of the game? Or a one time use precog or something?

Maybe but it just seems like a bunch of work for a debatable feature.

If zanz's time is so important, why can't we decide how it should be best spent?
My default opinion of a new card is OP. Your job as a card creator will have to be to convince me otherwise.
Happy to help with questions regarding upped PvP
Thanks for voting Blarp as your Favorite PvP Deck of 2012!
Blarp (the deck), bane of Championship League

Offline Hazardus10

• Reputation Power: 7
  • Hazardus10 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Let the Games begin!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1051886#msg1051886
« Reply #139 on: March 18, 2013, 01:51:23 am »

If zanz's time is so important, why can't we decide how it should be best spent?

Agreed! Zanz is always on a tight schedule, and who knows the game better than the people that play it!
Rule #1: Don't worry about the little things.
Rule #2: All things are little.
Founding Father of the  :darkness Guild
Proud Member of :light Brawl Team

Offline bripod

• Reputation Power: 14
  • bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.bripod is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1051911#msg1051911
« Reply #140 on: March 18, 2013, 02:10:06 am »

Maybe because its HIS game?

Offline rob77dp

• Master of Death
  • Reputation Power: 59
  • rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.rob77dp is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Am I back?!? Time zone US Central -5/-6GMT
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 13th Birthday Cake14th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament Winner (2020.08.16.)Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #812th Trials - Master of DeathWinner of 12 Lives #4Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeForum Brawl #6 Winner - The Tentacle's Grip10th Trials - Master of DeathWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeTeam Competition - The Spy Who EMed MeGold Donor9th Trials - Master of DeathSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake7th Trials - Master of Death
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1051968#msg1051968
« Reply #141 on: March 18, 2013, 04:17:51 am »
Spoiler for These, along with your other recent "just made 30" posts seem very spam-like and "fake"... I think a few deserve deletion.:
Before the last update, everyone thought zanz was dead or kidnapped or something, too.  Then he suddenly appeared, bearing gifts of dry spells and salvagers, in addition to changing all the shards.  He's been gone for longer in the past.  I've been playing about 2 years now, and I've seen this happen before.  Admittedly, he was more active when I first started, though, but I don't think he's abandoned Elements yet.

And yeah... 'not talkative' is understatement of the year for zanz :p  He's like Santa Claus, bearing gifts every so often, but you never see him or get to talk to him or thank him or ask him for anything.  He just shoots down your chimney, leaves a bunch of new cards, and rides off on his reindeer dragon sleigh.
Could somebody make this into card idea?
that looks amazing! I cant wait for some new cards! looking forward to it! :D

I highly suggest you get control of your double and triple posting and make sure you have "quality" posts and are not just posting for the sake of gaining post count.  That is all highly frowned upon in this establishment.  :)
Death War #12/TBD TTG Brawl #6/1st Death War #10/9th GP Brawl #5/6th Death War #9/9th MoL Brawl #4/3rd Water War #8/7th DDD Brawl #3/3rd*Death War #7/5th*Death War #6/11th

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1052087#msg1052087
« Reply #142 on: March 18, 2013, 08:37:14 pm »

Maybe because its HIS game?
See now, this may be why we can't have nice things.

Offline bombzero

• Reputation Power: 0
  • bombzero hides under a Cloak.
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1053357#msg1053357
« Reply #143 on: March 23, 2013, 06:55:10 am »
This is a very cool idea, but it has a problem: it is repeatable but you don't have that much incentive to actually repeat it. It is not something you can do every day (akin to Oracle's predicted god), it's something you do once then forget about it until you need to re-attune your Mark to another card. Maybe make it so that you can only try the Trial once per day (resets with Oracle) and it has a VERY good reward?

Although, I can see this adding a whole new level to strategic PvP. It would KILL some decks: Pestal, for instance, would die against an anti-Devourer mark. Discord could have problems disrupting a low quanta start if your opponent suddently has +5 quanta when it comes into play. Hmmm...

this is very accurate

blarg: