*Author

Offline skyironsword

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 40
  • skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.skyironsword soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Yuri Incarnation
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1017649#msg1017649
« Reply #120 on: November 25, 2012, 02:57:30 pm »
I dislike this soft counter idea, there are a lot of cards this wouldn't even help against.

Maybe allow you to pick one of these mark upgrades?

*usable once per game
**passive

:life Cast Heal for free.*
:gravity Airborne status is removed from all creatures.**
:air Airborne creatures gain +1/+1.**
:air Airborne creatures cannot be targeted by your opponent.**
:death Opponent starts with 2 poison counters.**
:time Draw 2 cards.*
:time You cannot deckout.** (You will stop drawing cards normally when you have no cards left in your deck)
:water Begin the game with a +2 purify counter.**
:fire Fire Bolt deals 4 damage every 10 quanta.**
:darkness Opponent starts with 80% HP.**
:darkness Come into play cloaked.**
:light Heal 10 whenever your opponent discards a card.**
:entropy Deal 1-3 random damage to all creatures on the field.*
:entropy Heal 10 whenever your opponent draws an extra card.**
:entropy Your creatures ignore shields.**
:earth Start with 120% HP.**
:aether You can target your own immaterial creatures.**
:aether All immaterial creatures get +1/+1.**
:aether Target creature is now immaterial.*
« Last Edit: November 25, 2012, 09:21:54 pm by skyironsword »

Offline ElementalDearWatson

• Reputation Power: 8
  • ElementalDearWatson is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1018508#msg1018508
« Reply #121 on: November 29, 2012, 12:20:53 pm »
I dislike this soft counter idea, there are a lot of cards this wouldn't even help against.

Maybe allow you to pick one of these mark upgrades?

I like a lot of these ideas much better than the idea as listed.  A few suggestions, though...

:life Cast Heal for free.*

Or how about healing 3 every turn.  So it's the equivalent of having a Shard of Gratitude if you have a mark other than :life.

:gravity Airborne status is removed from all creatures.**

I think that's too specific in what it would counter.  As :gravity has a lot of effects based around the health of the creatures on its side of the field, how about all your creatures gain 0/+2.  In other words, making an unupped Otyugh into an upped one.

:air Airborne creatures cannot be targeted by your opponent.**

Probably OP.  How about gaining 25% chance they cannot be targeted, stackable with Shard of Freedom.  In other words, have this and play 3 Shards and you'll have the 100%.

:death Opponent starts with 2 poison counters.**

Or, to make it stronger, every creature your opponent plays has a chance to die instantly (like a preemptive Skull Shield).

:time Draw 2 cards.*

Or, perhaps, :time creatures don't suffer from the summoning sickness.

:water Begin the game with a +2 purify counter.**

Or, for something a little more powerful, all creatures your opponent plays have a chance to enter the game frozen.

:entropy Heal 10 whenever your opponent draws an extra card.**
:entropy Your creatures ignore shields.**

The heal seems like a :life ability, and the shields seems like :gravity.  How about any creature of yours which is killed has a chance to not die, Shrodinger's Cat-style?

I really like your ideas, although I'm less keen on the idea of having one-off effects which can be triggered.  Something passive for each element would be much better, I think.

Offline kimham8a

• Reputation Power: 16
  • kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.kimham8a is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • God of this world
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1018593#msg1018593
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2012, 12:21:12 am »
Ignoring shields is pretty OP imo. Entropy rainbows will barely even need Shard of Focus anymore (though they still will for lolz).
Hey there

Offline jazzfan27

• Reputation Power: 5
  • jazzfan27 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1038375#msg1038375
« Reply #123 on: February 04, 2013, 06:58:32 am »
My idea.

When your card is played, your opponent's library is searched and the top copy of that card is removed from the game.

This way you usually won't see more than 3 copies of your hated card.  Might see a bit more if your opp drew more than 3.

I think this is a fairly workable soft counter.  Just zaps copies out of the library.

Also, I'd love it if this worked for all shards as one card.  I get so tired of seeing shards in every deck, it gets repetitive.

Offline laxnut90

• Reputation Power: 2
  • laxnut90 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Experienced Player. New to Forums.
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1049295#msg1049295
« Reply #124 on: March 08, 2013, 12:11:35 am »
I think it would be better balance wise if completing this challenge gave you 1 card of your choice (Nymph, Shard, Rare Weapon etc.)  There could even be cards introduced that can only be won from completing this challenge. 
"The man who fears losing has already lost"

― George R.R. Martin, A Game of Thrones

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1049361#msg1049361
« Reply #125 on: March 08, 2013, 04:45:34 am »
Any word on it's ETA?
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

Offline Icet44

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Icet44 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1049971#msg1049971
« Reply #126 on: March 10, 2013, 08:45:43 am »
It seems like Zanzarino has ditched Elements. Unless he has just had a very long break, I don't think we will be seeing any more updates :'(

Offline TribalTrouble

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 23
  • TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.TribalTrouble is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1049985#msg1049985
« Reply #127 on: March 10, 2013, 11:18:22 am »
It seems like Zanzarino has ditched Elements. Unless he has just had a very long break, I don't think we will be seeing any more updates :'(
This is only a side project for Zanzarino... and we've had things like this said before. He just isn't very talkative :p

Offline n00b

• Reputation Power: 21
  • n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Nom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1050015#msg1050015
« Reply #128 on: March 10, 2013, 02:31:42 pm »

This has happened before (long periods of afkness), but I highly doubt Zanz would just leave without announcing something to us. Besides, he's still semi-active on the forums, coming on every week or so.
Gone for awhile now, though I still pop by from time to time.

Offline artimies7

• Reputation Power: 24
  • artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1050054#msg1050054
« Reply #129 on: March 10, 2013, 06:00:02 pm »
* artimies7 sees post.

Donuts, Noodles, or Bacon?
Whitewalleries! | Noodles, to Victory!

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1050084#msg1050084
« Reply #130 on: March 10, 2013, 08:33:59 pm »
Before the last update, everyone thought zanz was dead or kidnapped or something, too.  Then he suddenly appeared, bearing gifts of dry spells and salvagers, in addition to changing all the shards.  He's been gone for longer in the past.  I've been playing about 2 years now, and I've seen this happen before.  Admittedly, he was more active when I first started, though, but I don't think he's abandoned Elements yet.

And yeah... 'not talkative' is understatement of the year for zanz :p  He's like Santa Claus, bearing gifts every so often, but you never see him or get to talk to him or thank him or ask him for anything.  He just shoots down your chimney, leaves a bunch of new cards, and rides off on his reindeer dragon sleigh.

Offline artimies7

• Reputation Power: 24
  • artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.artimies7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Effectively Super
Re: The trial https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=37370.msg1050096#msg1050096
« Reply #131 on: March 10, 2013, 09:43:19 pm »
He's like Santa Claus, bearing gifts every so often, but you never see him or get to talk to him or thank him or ask him for anything.  He just shoots down your chimney, leaves a bunch of new cards, and rides off on his reindeer dragon sleigh.

Lawlolawl. Reindeer dragon sleigh. Now a thing.

Nice metaphor simile too.

@everyone_else Yeah, zanz is not a talkative guy. Cut him some slack here; he's made most to all of Elements as we know it.
Donuts, Noodles, or Bacon?
Whitewalleries! | Noodles, to Victory!

anything
blarg: