*Author

Offline teffy

• Reputation Power: 20
  • teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • May the oracle be with you
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg452130#msg452130
« Reply #204 on: January 24, 2012, 01:07:06 am »
I somehow remember 10% .
I`m teffy, here - and Ringat on Kongregate

Offline Winter Is Coming

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Winter Is Coming is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg452168#msg452168
« Reply #205 on: January 24, 2012, 04:23:54 am »
Alright. That sounds like a good/reasonable number for getting free cards. I must just be getting unlucky so far - because I'm somewhere around 2-5%. That just means I've got even more coming to me around the corner. Thanks.

Offline furballdn

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 86
  • furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.furballdn is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Facetious trollnotmod
  • Awards: Epic 3 Card Winner - Clockwork GolemBest Recruiter of FriendsBest JournalistBest Chat PainterBattle - Slayer of The Great ChimeraBest Crafted Relic of Other
Re: The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg452171#msg452171
« Reply #206 on: January 24, 2012, 04:31:05 am »
Anyone know what the actual odds of getting a card are? Not just a nymph, but in general. (Although if you know the nymph odds, that'd be cool, too.) I think I've only won 3-4 cards in my first couple months playing. Not complaining - just wondering.
card win rate is 10% IIRC. If the oracle spins a nymph, it has a 50% chance of re-spinning. So your chances of getting a specific nymph would be .5*1/(totalcardsingame). Nymph as the card guarantees you getting it though.

Offline RRQJ

• Reputation Power: 6
  • RRQJ is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg452194#msg452194
« Reply #207 on: January 24, 2012, 05:52:34 am »
Anyone know what the actual odds of getting a card are? Not just a nymph, but in general. (Although if you know the nymph odds, that'd be cool, too.) I think I've only won 3-4 cards in my first couple months playing. Not complaining - just wondering.
card win rate is 10% IIRC. If the oracle spins a nymph, it has a 50% chance of re-spinning. So your chances of getting a specific nymph would be .5*1/(totalcardsingame). Nymph as the card guarantees you getting it though.
Imagine the amount of rage that would occur if instead of respinning, 50% of the time you spin a nymph you just don't get it.

And I honestly think the non-nymph card win rate is lower than 10%.  I've seen the 10% number thrown around, and yes, personal experience isn't good evidence, but still...

Offline mesaprotector

• Reputation Power: 16
  • mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.mesaprotector is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Be creative!
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake6th Trials - Master of LightBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg452203#msg452203
« Reply #208 on: January 24, 2012, 06:24:00 am »
The card I'm really hoping to spin is Malignant Cell. Imagine the sort of arena decks you could make :P
Blue Ranger reporting, ready for teamwork and silly songs!

Offline Winter Is Coming

• New to Elements
Re: The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg452207#msg452207
« Reply #209 on: January 24, 2012, 06:59:30 am »
I think I got 223 cards total in the game. So, does that make the odds of getting any nymph 12*.5*1/223? Because, if I did this right, that gives you just about a 2.7% chance of getting a nymph. Obviously I haven't been playing this nearly long enough to know if that sounds right or not.

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg452418#msg452418
« Reply #210 on: January 24, 2012, 09:17:20 pm »
its also worth pointing out that with probabilities this low, the standard deviation will be pretty high. That means a given person could experience what seems like a much different rate over even a fairly large number of spins. I.e. just because the probability is 3% doesn't mean you'll get 3 in 100 spins... you might get none or you might get several. I haven't crunched the numbers specifically, but I think you would probably need to do a few thousand spins to really get a good window on the average...
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline n00b

• Reputation Power: 21
  • n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.n00b is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • Nom.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg452528#msg452528
« Reply #211 on: January 25, 2012, 03:19:17 am »
Well I average about 1 nymph per month, as I have been playing for 5ish months and have 5 nymphs :D
Gone for awhile now, though I still pop by from time to time.

Offline Winter Is Coming

• New to Elements
Re: The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg452533#msg452533
« Reply #212 on: January 25, 2012, 03:42:21 am »
Oddly enough, I got my first nymph ever today. So... moral of the story - ask about it in a forum thread, and ye shall receive.

Fractal

Re: The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg452923#msg452923
« Reply #213 on: January 26, 2012, 08:00:24 am »
The game told me that Zanzarino's head should explode just about now.

Got the entropy nymph and I'm just three days into the game. :)

Offline Chapuz

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Chapuz frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • The weird Voodoo guy
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeDeckbuilding Competition - Tower Defense WinnerSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan Sharks
Re: The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg453138#msg453138
« Reply #214 on: January 26, 2012, 10:36:37 pm »
The game told me that Zanzarino's head should explode just about now.

Got the entropy nymph and I'm just three days into the game. :)
*Envy*
My Decks, Tutorial and Guides <~~~~~ Click Here ! ! !

Offline Boingo

• Reputation Power: 26
  • Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Boingo is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
Re: The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg453219#msg453219
« Reply #215 on: January 27, 2012, 01:08:49 am »
Nymph win rate is ~2.5%.  I don't know about card win rate is supposed to be, but actual recorded win rate for a years worth of spins was nearly 14% (rate did not change significantly with >400 spins.)

>Click here for more (http://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php/topic,23807.msg324912#msg324912)<

N.B.: Disregard stats on FGs--this was before they were always named.
Bring back Holy Cow!

blarg: