*Author

Offline zanzarinoTopic starter

• Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 496
  • zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them
The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg18645#msg18645
« on: January 20, 2010, 02:28:13 am »

I had an idea tonight while overdosing on caffeine; Elements needs a way to distribute nymphs maintaining their rarity, and a way to reward players that is not based on grinding.

Meet “The Oracle”.

- How does it work?
Every day, but only once per day, you can click a special button and visit the oracle. The oracle will pick a single card for you; the card will be accompanied with a small sentence, something like a mini-horoscope for your day:

Empathic bond? A new friend
Thunderstorm? Stormy day
Devourer? A pest is going to suck the life out of your day
Skeleton? Not a good day
etc.

Each card will also have its related gift; most times it will be a handful of electrum coins, sometime a good amount of electrum coins, sometime a free card, if the oracle tells you that your card of the day is a nymph:  you get to keep her.

-Are you really going to add this to elements? How long would it take?

I do not know and I do not know. That’s why I am writing in the forum and get a taste of the community’s reaction to my idea before I seriously consider doing it.

Offline Kamietsu

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 47
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg18646#msg18646
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2010, 02:34:50 am »
I really love that idea. It helps people low on electrum to maybe get some quick to start dueling without having to sell a card, or maybe give them a free card to add to their deck, or maybe just to sell. All in all, I really enjoy this idea and hope you do end up implementing it.
╔╦╦═╦══╦╗  ( ̄ー ̄) --Snorlax says:
║═╣╬║║║║║    Eat your shower, brush your toothpaste, take your teeth.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Re: The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg18649#msg18649
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2010, 02:38:00 am »
I really love that idea. It helps people low on electrum to maybe get some quick to start dueling without having to sell a card, or maybe give them a free card to add to their deck, or maybe just to sell. All in all, I really enjoy this idea and hope you do end up implementing it.
Ditto this. Though I wonder if this would be the only way to get Nymphs. Would Nymph's Tears be available this way, too? Could we get them from spins against Fake Gods or AI5, or would we have to rely on The Oracle alone for Nymph based cards?

Offline Kamietsu

• Legendary Member
  • Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.Kamietsu is towering like an Amethyst Dragon over their peers.
  • Old to Elements
  • Awards: Spell Art Competition WinnerWinner of the MASH-UP CompetitionFunny Card Competition WinnerWinner of
Re: The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg18650#msg18650
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2010, 02:43:10 am »
Ditto this. Though I wonder if this would be the only way to get Nymphs. Would Nymph's Tears be available this way, too? Could we get them from spins against Fake Gods or AI5, or would we have to rely on The Oracle alone for Nymph based cards?
I would hope you could get the Tears this way too. I would hope you have a chance at any card this way, Miracles, Shards, etc.
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Offline Essence

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 57
  • Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.Essence is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Voice of the Oracle -- Jezzie's Pimp -- Often Gone
  • Awards: 2nd Trials - Master of Water1st Trials - Master of WaterFG Deck-Designer - The OutcastsShard Madness! Competition WinnerEpic 3 Card Design Competition WinnerElder Recruiter
Re: The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg18652#msg18652
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2010, 02:51:35 am »
This is, if nothing else, a great way to make a player log in every day.  I would suggest, however, that the Oracle only become available after you win a game, and only once every 24 hours.  That will keep people from just logging in every morning on the way to school and spending six seconds getting their 34 Electrum for the day (or whatever).

I'd also be willing to write some of the "fortunes", if you'd like.  I'm a professional writer and my wife is an amateur astrologist, so we can have some total fun with it.  Interestingly, there are the same number of Zodiac signs as there are Elements.  There could be a lot of storyline potential here. :)

And I kind-of agree with Kamietsu in that I think Shards, as well as Nymphs, should be available through the Oracle, especially since SoGs aren't consistently available to people who donate anymore.
If something happens and you think it deserves my attention, feel free to PM me. Other than that, I'm probably here if you want to shoot the breeze.

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg18653#msg18653
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2010, 02:53:32 am »
nymph's tears is an alchemy card correct? if so, it should be in the bazaar. then again, squid is becoming a bazaar card after the update. hm... what will the ratio be of some electrum- lots of electrum- random card- nymph card? that will be crucial for the rarity of nymphs if you implement this as the only way to get nymphs.
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

Offline zanzarinoTopic starter

• Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 496
  • zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them
Re: The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg18654#msg18654
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2010, 02:57:32 am »
Nymph's tears is going to be available at the bazaar and not a rare.

Essence: I will need help writing all of those fortune... and I already thought about a matching between elements and horoscope signs.

Offline Kamietsu

• Legendary Member
  • Old to Elements
Re: The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg18655#msg18655
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2010, 02:58:50 am »
Ah really, Zanz? That's great. I thought it'd end up being a rare. Cool ^_^
╚╩╩╩╩╩╩╩╝

Re: The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg18657#msg18657
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2010, 03:16:24 am »
Nymph Tear is a common card?! Woo hoo! I can actually build my Nymph Deck without rare hunting!

Offline tyranim

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 34
  • tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.tyranim is a Ghost, obsessed with their Elemental pursuits.
  • formerly unit
Re: The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg18659#msg18659
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2010, 03:24:56 am »
Nymph Tear is a common card?! Woo hoo! I can actually build my Nymph Deck without rare hunting!
lol. you got a nymph deck idea too? and im happy that nymph's tear will be a common as well
my milkshake brings all the boys to the yard and they're like "its better than yours" damn right, its better than yours! i can teach you but i'd have to charge!

Re: The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg18661#msg18661
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2010, 03:39:39 am »
lol. you got a nymph deck idea too? and im happy that nymph's tear will be a common as well
I have an entire thread about it in the Rainbow Deck section, lol, so of course I'm excited! o-o

philipapw

Re: The oracle: Your fortune and your nymph. https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=2288.msg18662#msg18662
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2010, 03:40:21 am »
Oracle sounds like an easy way to get money and cards in a controled manner. I like it. Nymph's tears smells like the new card for rainbowdecks though...

anything
blarg: