*Author

Active members:
Vineroz(1) Hawkeye0440(1) calindu(1) Atom_heart(1) BloodlinE(1) moehrpi(1) kvothe1990(1) nireus(1) Terroking(1) DANIEELA(1) Helston(1) nelde59(1) Kuroaitou(1) Shantu(1) Tiko(1) dracomageat(1) Onizuka(1) mesaprotector(1) justaburd(1) Pyrodinium(1) WexMajor(1) AngelSpirit(1) PlayerOa(1) KSmash(1) The Chosen One(1) Turlututu(1) benshi03(1) courgi(1) kaempfer13(1) Daguerreo(1) smallanimal(1) shileka(1) TheManuz(1) willng3(1) The_Mormegil(1) brgst13(1) FIQ(1) jsrjohnny(1) farscape(1) coinich(1) Krzysiekxd(1) Squidymon(1) furballdn(1) Odii Odsen(1) Jangoo(1) Haruko(1) Jaydos99(1) ButtercupSaiyan(1) Rastafla(1) ishner(1) hypnotank(1) MasN(1) skyironsword(1) Aneninen(1) Avenger(1) jahaswel(1) Tempestfury(1) hickit(1) seulintse(1) Regulus(1) iDaire(1) ssingeitus(1) d1puffpuff(1) dworthy(1) VegeForsaken(1) ZephyrPhantom(1) Smaug(1) Ginyu(1) Spielkind(1) Shinki12345(1) DaveA(1) MasterofPun(1) js-number(1) inthisroom(1) worldwideweb3(1) Vangelios(1) aaronk474(1) The Spartan(1) danil(1) Sqantic Pilau(1) flyingcat(1) trashduke(1) CleanOnion(1) Espithel(1) Waterloo7(1) Caffre(1) Trois(1) Wyand(1) laxnut90(1) snapecot(1) MasterWalks(1) choongmyoung(1) Zyardran(1) fbparis(1) chrispybacon84(1) Luminous(2) RavingRabbid(2) Belligerence(2) Dm1321(2) moomoose(2) mrpaper(2) Pineapple(2) SnoWeb(2) Anarook(2) G_Girl34(2) qwerter(2) jarozaoz(2) Wolfunit(2) vindices(2) xyan(2) Pella(2) Essence(2) storyteller(2) asymmetry(2) hongkong(2) Laxadarap(2) Zawadx(2) eljoemo(2) Snopel(2) haidao0923(2) TobiMcNamobi(2) estava(2) Narabo(2) ginandtonic(2) UTAlan(2) Gunthar(2) Phaser(2) foxrain4(2) Barragor(2) Falconian(2) Treldon(2) MaxG-(2) Manuel(2) godisnowonline(2) Linkcat(2) Junkers(2) artimies7(3) Atico(3) suxerz(3) Dragoon(3) Raptor6789(3) ioiui(3) Submachine(3) EmeraldTiger(3) Mathematistic(3) nerd1(3) J6U(3) iancudorinmarian(3) maxy123(3) Frozengaia(3) StreptoFire(3) CactusKing(3) omegareaper7(4) Annele(4) ggabriel2(4) THEACCUSO(4) vrt(4) CuCN(4) Shrink(4) TheonlyrealBeef(4) jacker(4) serprex(4) BluePriest(4) andretimpa(4) AD TienzuStorm(4) InsignificantWeeaboo(4) Acsabi44(5) Noobiecakes(5) Fippe94(5) Gandora(5) Nox(5) Zergva(5) Kakerlake(5) TribalTrouble(5) godofdeath500(5) Monox D. I-Fly(5) russianspy1234(6) antiaverage(6) Theboss1248(7) dawn to dusk(7) teffy(7) Zso_Zso(7) bripod(7) fabian771(7) FunkyFox(7) dragonsdemesne(8) Naesala(8) ddevans96(8) dragtom(8) rowcla(8) yee(9) Kamietsu(9) OdinVanguard(9) ColorlessGreen(11) eaglgenes101(11) majofa(12) Drake_XIV(13) Higurashi(14) Keolino(14) rob77dp(15) Rutarete(17) Leodip(17) Keeps(18) Chapuz(19) treebeard xiii(20) Jyiber(22) BeefSupreme(27) Blacksmith(27) Marsu(30) zanzarino(42)

Offline ginandtonic

• Reputation Power: 1
  • ginandtonic is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Friends don't let friends play shard golems
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1169723#msg1169723
« Reply #660 on: December 05, 2014, 06:55:04 pm »
Now, now, Higurashi, speak for yourself.  I have been playing this game (4 years?  5 years? I can't recall) since you had to pay to change your mark when creating a different deck to use...basically since its public release.  I disagree that 'most of us are happy with the game the way it is.'  Perhaps most of the vocal, forum-posting, steadfast-thru-thick-and-thin players are accepting of the way this game has evolved.  But, that is a self-selecting group. 

I would venture to say that many, many people have tried this game and gave it up for many (very understandable) reasons such as: 
PVP1 is broken (again)
PVP2 is desolate and when people do play it is usually with one of five or so OP decks (I'm looking at you, Shard Golems, Shard of Sacrifice, Sundial OTKs)
Grindgrindgrindgrindgrindy
The ridiculous price to get a single upgraded card, then doing that 29 more times to get a single upgraded deck only to see the metagame change again rendering those 45k electrum spent near-useless

Now lest you think I'm just whining, I've got all the cards, more upgraded cards than I care to count and a score of near half a million.  I'm not the highest or the best, but I feel like I can make an informed opinion and that is...

This game has so much potential but it moves like a glacier, it takes years to move one step forward.  Everyone gets excited for a while, then it slowly starts to slide back and back and back.  Of course this is because it is a portfolio/pet project.  But it really could be so much more as a game.  Do I enjoy it?  You bet!  I wouldn't have the PVP2 window open for hours waiting for a challenger.  Am I happy with the way the game is executed and implemented?  No, I am disappointed.  Zanz needs to step it up and bring more people on-board.  Or we just need to admit it is a shell of the game it could be.

(Edit: my first PVP2 game of the day just showed up after hours of waiting and the poor challenger got a desynch loss, unfortunately that is not surprising)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2014, 07:06:46 pm by ginandtonic »

Offline UTAlan

• Reputation Power: 58
  • UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.UTAlan is truly a Titan, worthy of respect and acknowledgement.
  • Immortally Aether
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeReviver of the WikiWar #6 Winner - Team AetherSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSecond Budosei of BudokanSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1169727#msg1169727
« Reply #661 on: December 05, 2014, 07:06:59 pm »
Zanz needs to step it up and bring more people on-board.  Or we just need to admit it is a shell of the game it could be.

That's totally up to him. He's the creator and lead developer, so he doesn't need to step up anything. Yes, the potential of the game far outweighs what it appears it will ever achieve, I will easily admit to that.

But that doesn't mean I can't enjoy it for exactly what it is in the mean time. :)

Offline ginandtonic

• ginandtonic is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Friends don't let friends play shard golems
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1169730#msg1169730
« Reply #662 on: December 05, 2014, 07:20:31 pm »
Okay, true.  The word 'need' is my own projections onto the issue.  But only very few who grind through and read the forums in-depth ever know that it is a pet project where an update is announced a year-and-a-half ago while the PVP function is crapping out yet again...

But you all know this, if you have read any amount of the forums.  I am preaching away from the choir.

I am in no way trying to take away enjoyment from people.  Like I said, I have played for years.

Offline Gunthar

• Reputation Power: 2
  • Gunthar is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1176576#msg1176576
« Reply #663 on: January 21, 2015, 11:52:37 am »
The new system is great but there are still some room for improvements:

First I can not see the reputation level of any element. Including how much reputation being required to get the next reputation level with the element.
Second currently spinning and getting 2 of the same card gives only a small bonus win if left and middle wheel shows the same card. Now I suggest that this should be also if left and right wheel or middle and right wheel shows the same card.

One game breaking bug found. After cleaning an area at the oracle palace (chromate mark) an elite element appeared. At that time the game freeze. (Script freeze)

« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 01:27:56 pm by Gunthar »

Offline Regulus

• Regulus is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • Regulo Incendium
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1177483#msg1177483
« Reply #664 on: January 29, 2015, 07:44:29 am »
This game has so much potential but it moves like a glacier, it takes years to move one step forward.  Everyone gets excited for a while, then it slowly starts to slide back and back and back.  Of course this is because it is a portfolio/pet project.  But it really could be so much more as a game.  Do I enjoy it?  You bet!  I wouldn't have the PVP2 window open for hours waiting for a challenger.  Am I happy with the way the game is executed and implemented?  No, I am disappointed.  Zanz needs to step it up and bring more people on-board.  Or we just need to admit it is a shell of the game it could be.

It's like you plucked the words straight from my mind.
Passion is like fire. If you let it get too small, it will go out. If you let it get too big, it will consume everything.

Offline iDaire

• Reputation Power: 17
  • iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.iDaire is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Fire Emblem God
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1177512#msg1177512
« Reply #665 on: January 29, 2015, 02:09:33 pm »
The problem I see with Elements at this point is that Zanzarino is, as stated a couple of times already, inactive and that no development can take place without a developer. That's the major problem. There are still more problems opinion with Elements.

Though it is just a portfolio project and Zanzarino had never predicted the game would become this big, this game has the potential to become so much more than it already is. It is very tiring to log in day after day to find that people are still using the same exact decks in PvP 1 and PvP 2. It's tiring to see the meta of this game never changes because the developer is inactive and can't implement a new set of cards or a new set of system to expand the amount of decks that are used. The game has room for a lot of variety and quite honestly, right now it has only scratched the bare surface of what it could be.

I bet if an update were to be added, just a small set of cards or a small change to how things work, thousands upon thousands of players would run over here and start playing again or just start playing, because something different was added or because of their renewed hope in Zanzarino. They'd know he is still working on the game, that he hasn't abandoned it.

I guess what I'm trying to get out here is that, we just need a sign Zanzarino is still here. A small post or something would help. The game itself is great, but not as great as it could be. I'm pretty much just recycling what previous people have said already.

Offline Phaser

• Reputation Power: 4
  • Phaser is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • EtG is the game I've been playing longest ever...
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1177856#msg1177856
« Reply #666 on: February 01, 2015, 05:00:25 am »
Sadly, zanz was last seen on October, 2014.
Firestall FTW!

Offline ssingeitus

• ssingeitus is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1178453#msg1178453
« Reply #667 on: February 05, 2015, 02:52:20 am »

It's like you plucked the words straight from my mind.

I third this. I was so excited when I heard of 1.4 and played the trainer religiously. I come back a year later to find no updates except a 'pvp fix' but pvp is still broken... I think its fair to say that if Zanz doesn't want to develop this game anymore, there are plenty of people who are willing and able to do it. I get he doesn't want to give over his game to someone else but he doesn't have to. He can still steer the game in a direction that he wants but wouldn't have to do any of the heavy lifting. As many have stated this game has great potential but potential that is not acted on may as well not be there. I love this game I really do but at this stage, its not even a good thing. Its sad to see something like this die out which is exactly what is happening and if something drastic isn't done about this there is only going to be a handful of the same people playing this game.

Offline maxy123

• maxy123 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1180666#msg1180666
« Reply #668 on: February 28, 2015, 02:26:55 am »
I hope he knows that plenty of people would love to take over this game.

Offline d1puffpuff

• d1puffpuff is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1181903#msg1181903
« Reply #669 on: March 11, 2015, 10:30:55 am »
Dang.. come back zanz!

agreed

Offline foxrain4

• Reputation Power: 10
  • foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.foxrain4 is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Check my profile for a Dragon story link.
  • Awards: Card Design Competition - On the Shoulders of Giants
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1187513#msg1187513
« Reply #670 on: April 23, 2015, 01:03:51 pm »
Dang.. come back zanz!

agreed
well, i hope you all know you can actually make your own card game =.="

Offline Keeps

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Keeps is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1187942#msg1187942
« Reply #671 on: April 27, 2015, 01:55:05 am »
The community has, there is an open EtG created by the community.

anything
blarg: