*Author

Active members:
Vineroz(1) Hawkeye0440(1) calindu(1) Atom_heart(1) BloodlinE(1) moehrpi(1) kvothe1990(1) nireus(1) Terroking(1) DANIEELA(1) Helston(1) nelde59(1) Kuroaitou(1) Shantu(1) Tiko(1) dracomageat(1) Onizuka(1) mesaprotector(1) justaburd(1) Pyrodinium(1) WexMajor(1) AngelSpirit(1) PlayerOa(1) KSmash(1) The Chosen One(1) Turlututu(1) benshi03(1) courgi(1) kaempfer13(1) Daguerreo(1) smallanimal(1) shileka(1) TheManuz(1) willng3(1) The_Mormegil(1) brgst13(1) FIQ(1) jsrjohnny(1) farscape(1) coinich(1) Krzysiekxd(1) Squidymon(1) furballdn(1) Odii Odsen(1) Jangoo(1) Haruko(1) Jaydos99(1) ButtercupSaiyan(1) Rastafla(1) ishner(1) hypnotank(1) MasN(1) skyironsword(1) Aneninen(1) Avenger(1) jahaswel(1) Tempestfury(1) hickit(1) seulintse(1) Regulus(1) iDaire(1) ssingeitus(1) d1puffpuff(1) dworthy(1) VegeForsaken(1) ZephyrPhantom(1) Smaug(1) Ginyu(1) Spielkind(1) Shinki12345(1) DaveA(1) MasterofPun(1) js-number(1) inthisroom(1) worldwideweb3(1) Vangelios(1) aaronk474(1) The Spartan(1) danil(1) Sqantic Pilau(1) flyingcat(1) trashduke(1) CleanOnion(1) Espithel(1) Waterloo7(1) Caffre(1) Trois(1) Wyand(1) laxnut90(1) snapecot(1) MasterWalks(1) choongmyoung(1) Zyardran(1) fbparis(1) chrispybacon84(1) Luminous(2) RavingRabbid(2) Belligerence(2) Dm1321(2) moomoose(2) mrpaper(2) Pineapple(2) SnoWeb(2) Anarook(2) G_Girl34(2) qwerter(2) jarozaoz(2) Wolfunit(2) vindices(2) xyan(2) Pella(2) Essence(2) storyteller(2) asymmetry(2) hongkong(2) Laxadarap(2) Zawadx(2) eljoemo(2) Snopel(2) haidao0923(2) TobiMcNamobi(2) estava(2) Narabo(2) ginandtonic(2) UTAlan(2) Gunthar(2) Phaser(2) foxrain4(2) Barragor(2) Falconian(2) Treldon(2) MaxG-(2) Manuel(2) godisnowonline(2) Linkcat(2) Junkers(2) artimies7(3) Atico(3) suxerz(3) Dragoon(3) Raptor6789(3) ioiui(3) Submachine(3) EmeraldTiger(3) Mathematistic(3) nerd1(3) J6U(3) iancudorinmarian(3) maxy123(3) Frozengaia(3) StreptoFire(3) CactusKing(3) omegareaper7(4) Annele(4) ggabriel2(4) THEACCUSO(4) vrt(4) CuCN(4) Shrink(4) TheonlyrealBeef(4) jacker(4) serprex(4) BluePriest(4) andretimpa(4) AD TienzuStorm(4) InsignificantWeeaboo(4) Acsabi44(5) Noobiecakes(5) Fippe94(5) Gandora(5) Nox(5) Zergva(5) Kakerlake(5) TribalTrouble(5) godofdeath500(5) Monox D. I-Fly(5) russianspy1234(6) antiaverage(6) Theboss1248(7) dawn to dusk(7) teffy(7) Zso_Zso(7) bripod(7) fabian771(7) FunkyFox(7) dragonsdemesne(8) Naesala(8) ddevans96(8) dragtom(8) rowcla(8) yee(9) Kamietsu(9) OdinVanguard(9) ColorlessGreen(11) eaglgenes101(11) majofa(12) Drake_XIV(13) Higurashi(14) Keolino(14) rob77dp(15) Rutarete(17) Leodip(17) Keeps(18) Chapuz(19) treebeard xiii(20) Jyiber(22) BeefSupreme(27) Blacksmith(27) Marsu(30) zanzarino(42)

Offline Keolino

• Reputation Power: 6
  • Keolino is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • +/Gl!it)c?h%§"#
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1129994#msg1129994
« Reply #612 on: March 19, 2014, 08:35:14 am »
No, I already understood all that. But at the end of the day, "money is money" and "the cost of living is too high". I'd go and find a meme with a developers need to eat too sign, but alas, I'm lazy.

I've personally never been bothered by paid content in a free to play game. I've never spent a dime on it though... not because I'm greedy, but because it's not in my budget. My poor minimum wage income barely cover my rent after all (also why I can't donate), but I ask: why not take money from those rich kids who have it? As long as it's not something that gave a completely unfair advantage (i.e. holographic cards, unique marks).

I never realized there were those out there like yourself that viewed such simple marketing tricks with disdain. I mean, I agree that they're not exactly classy these days with the bad rep they've gained (nods to a couple unmentioned games) but again: "money is money".

If Zanz wanted money for that game in any way, I would pay it. The game is awesome enough and I wouldn't mind paying for a good game. But if Zanz doesn't want money, then there is nothing for me to do here.

Our oppinion may differ because we look on it from different perspectives. I am at an age where living with your parents is still a totally normal thing, so aside from my car/notebook+games/some insurance stuff I don't have to pay for much. So no rent, food or family I have to pay for yet, and plenty spare money. I was always tought to think economical, so even once I move out, I am confident that I would have no problem managing my money with the minimum wages I get right now. I don't feel like I need or even wish for more money than I already have and get each month.

I am totally aware of the fact that minimum wages and a family at home can become an awful combination And every single dollar/euro/whatever can become really important, but not everybody is in desperate need for money either. Zanz is a developer with probably high enough wages (well, I guess. there are developers which don't get much money as well), as long as he thinks that he doesn't need/want money from this game, there is nothing for us to do here.

Unpopular opinion: If Zanz actually used Elements as a potential source of revenue, he might have a reason to do anything with it more than a couple times a year, and this game and community might not be in the pathetic lull it's in now.

that is probably true... But may be the other way around? With this game giving more money for zanz, he would invest more time in the game, leaving less time for his family/friends/whatever. So he isn't charging money, so he doesn't have to feel like he has to put (too) much work into the game...?
What's the speed of dark?

Offline Keeps

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Keeps is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1130019#msg1130019
« Reply #613 on: March 19, 2014, 01:59:25 pm »
Hi, I actually tried to buy this game from Zanz, I found out he makes a lot more money than the community thinks, but probably not enough to pay for another developer... 
He however is very protective of his properties, and isn't interested in giving them up anytime soon either.  Finally, these properties like EtG are side ventures and he has a full time job as an engineer. 
Because of this, we have the unique position of getting updates only during major break times, that's usually why you see a bunch of activity around Christmas time, and general maintenance only rest of the other times.

For everyone who is bothered by this, various community projects to build a 'new' EtG have been started, the one with the most traction is openEtG...  support it with art, donations, etc, if you want further advancement.  Otherwise, accept the nature of the EtG game as is.

Offline maxy123

• Reputation Power: 1
  • maxy123 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1130383#msg1130383
« Reply #614 on: March 22, 2014, 02:34:37 am »
Ont he trainer site it says how the game will close on march 31 due to contract ending. Is this going to be a problem?

Offline Higurashi

• Administrator
  • Reputation Power: 103
  • Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Higurashi is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Æther in Æternum enim Æquilibrio
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 13th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 12th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 11th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 9th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 8th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWinner of Team PvP #6Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFalse Gods Competition: Reloaded - WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of Aether3rd Trials - Master of AetherWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1130386#msg1130386
« Reply #615 on: March 22, 2014, 04:43:32 am »
No, that's not at all what it says. It says mochi media is shutting down and the the site owner has to talk to the game developer about continued hosting of the game. The site owner is the same person as the game dev, so not much negotiating to do there. Mochi media is only the ad provider, so zanz will simply find another.
:aether  http://elementscommunity.org/forum/guilds/991-thunderbolts-ho!-991/ :aether
Aether is the prime Element present in all things, providing space, connection and balance for all Elements to exist.
Aether represents the sense of joy and union, and the ultimate potential of all things.

Offline maxy123

• maxy123 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1130433#msg1130433
« Reply #616 on: March 22, 2014, 04:07:42 pm »
Perfect, I got scared for a bit.

Offline vrt

• Reputation Power: 40
  • vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.vrt soars like the Phoenix, unable to be repressed.
  • Elitist Graphics Whore
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeBrawl #1 Winner - Team Nyan SharksSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeCard Art Competition 1st Place
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1131450#msg1131450
« Reply #617 on: March 30, 2014, 04:55:04 pm »
Unpopular opinion: If Zanz actually used Elements as a potential source of revenue, he might have a reason to do anything with it more than a couple times a year, and this game and community might not be in the pathetic lull it's in now.

The same goes for the artwork, for the record.
So long and thanks for all the fish!

Offline ButtercupSaiyan

• ButtercupSaiyan is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1132284#msg1132284
« Reply #618 on: April 07, 2014, 02:30:59 am »
I want to be like Dora Explorer and find the map update announcement waiting for me in the forums...

Offline Rastafla

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Rastafla is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Tournament Guru "I'm too old for this sh-"
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament Winner24 Club (cost 24+ cards during War auction)Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1132554#msg1132554
« Reply #619 on: April 10, 2014, 02:40:12 pm »
SEVERE BUG IN DEVELOPMENT version.
The games is in an infinite loop and keeps flashing this msg and the game is locked. It doesnt accept input from mouse or keyboard.

How it happened.
I started out as darkness and proceeded to do quests after quest. While I was going up to 500 score I happened to be clearing the chroma area, with 498 gold i entered the last elemental on screen and I killed it and arrived at this msg of "Elite elemental arrived" and no gold gain from last fight and instead got this infinite msg bug. It keeps flashing and fading out.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 02:41:48 pm by Rastafla »
In game name & Chat nick; Rastafla | Retired Tournament Organizer
Current status: Sways forwards and creeping people out.
"Rasta's greatest weakness as a player is moot because this War will not take place in April." - kevkev60614

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1133217#msg1133217
« Reply #620 on: April 16, 2014, 03:39:11 am »
found a bug

for some reason, the life starting place was taken over and turned into nobody's land. i went to the next life area and back to where the life palace should have been but it was overrun by time elementals. seems to be a thing of chance though

may be an interesting way to gain reputation actually

Offline ishner

• ishner is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1133348#msg1133348
« Reply #621 on: April 17, 2014, 04:46:19 am »
SEVERE BUG IN DEVELOPMENT version.
The games is in an infinite loop and keeps flashing this msg and the game is locked. It doesnt accept input from mouse or keyboard.

i confirm this bug.
to replicate stay in the central hex (the one with the  :chroma palace) and repeatedly kill the enimeys there.
when they are all dead the game crashes.

Offline OdinVanguard

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 67
  • OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.OdinVanguard walks among the Immortals, legends and guardians of all time.
  • Keeping The Jotnar at bay
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1133435#msg1133435
« Reply #622 on: April 17, 2014, 11:16:07 pm »
well... good to know this is a known bug and it isn't just my own computer throwing a hissy fit. I've seen it too, although it seems to only happen after the game has been running for a long time.
Whether the glass is half full or half empty is a moot point. It is always filled to the brim. It is only a matter of by what. The real question is: What fills you?
If your zombie plan is
kill -9 `ps l | awk '{print $2" "$3" "$9}' | grep "Z" | awk '{printf("%s ",$2)}'`
You might be a unix junky

Offline eaglgenes101

• Reputation Power: 29
  • eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.eaglgenes101 is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • The rising all-'rounder of Elements
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1135020#msg1135020
« Reply #623 on: May 04, 2014, 01:23:51 am »
Any more word from Zanz?
And another pie-in-space idea: what if we could see other real-life players on our map and possibly interact with them?
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 01:31:02 am by eaglgenes101 »
My 3 game-modification principles:
1. If it ain't broke, don't wreck it.
2. Simple fixes for simple problems.
3. Remember to fill in the holes.

anything
blarg: