*Author

Active members:
Vineroz(1) Hawkeye0440(1) calindu(1) Atom_heart(1) BloodlinE(1) moehrpi(1) kvothe1990(1) nireus(1) Terroking(1) DANIEELA(1) Helston(1) nelde59(1) Kuroaitou(1) Shantu(1) Tiko(1) dracomageat(1) Onizuka(1) mesaprotector(1) justaburd(1) Pyrodinium(1) WexMajor(1) AngelSpirit(1) PlayerOa(1) KSmash(1) The Chosen One(1) Turlututu(1) benshi03(1) courgi(1) kaempfer13(1) Daguerreo(1) smallanimal(1) shileka(1) TheManuz(1) willng3(1) The_Mormegil(1) brgst13(1) FIQ(1) jsrjohnny(1) farscape(1) coinich(1) Krzysiekxd(1) Squidymon(1) furballdn(1) Odii Odsen(1) Jangoo(1) Haruko(1) Jaydos99(1) ButtercupSaiyan(1) Rastafla(1) ishner(1) hypnotank(1) MasN(1) skyironsword(1) Aneninen(1) Avenger(1) jahaswel(1) Tempestfury(1) hickit(1) seulintse(1) Regulus(1) iDaire(1) ssingeitus(1) d1puffpuff(1) dworthy(1) VegeForsaken(1) ZephyrPhantom(1) Smaug(1) Ginyu(1) Spielkind(1) Shinki12345(1) DaveA(1) MasterofPun(1) js-number(1) inthisroom(1) worldwideweb3(1) Vangelios(1) aaronk474(1) The Spartan(1) danil(1) Sqantic Pilau(1) flyingcat(1) trashduke(1) CleanOnion(1) Espithel(1) Waterloo7(1) Caffre(1) Trois(1) Wyand(1) laxnut90(1) snapecot(1) MasterWalks(1) choongmyoung(1) Zyardran(1) fbparis(1) chrispybacon84(1) Luminous(2) RavingRabbid(2) Belligerence(2) Dm1321(2) moomoose(2) mrpaper(2) Pineapple(2) SnoWeb(2) Anarook(2) G_Girl34(2) qwerter(2) jarozaoz(2) Wolfunit(2) vindices(2) xyan(2) Pella(2) Essence(2) storyteller(2) asymmetry(2) hongkong(2) Laxadarap(2) Zawadx(2) eljoemo(2) Snopel(2) haidao0923(2) TobiMcNamobi(2) estava(2) Narabo(2) ginandtonic(2) UTAlan(2) Gunthar(2) Phaser(2) foxrain4(2) Barragor(2) Falconian(2) Treldon(2) MaxG-(2) Manuel(2) godisnowonline(2) Linkcat(2) Junkers(2) artimies7(3) Atico(3) suxerz(3) Dragoon(3) Raptor6789(3) ioiui(3) Submachine(3) EmeraldTiger(3) Mathematistic(3) nerd1(3) J6U(3) iancudorinmarian(3) maxy123(3) Frozengaia(3) StreptoFire(3) CactusKing(3) omegareaper7(4) Annele(4) ggabriel2(4) THEACCUSO(4) vrt(4) CuCN(4) Shrink(4) TheonlyrealBeef(4) jacker(4) serprex(4) BluePriest(4) andretimpa(4) AD TienzuStorm(4) InsignificantWeeaboo(4) Acsabi44(5) Noobiecakes(5) Fippe94(5) Gandora(5) Nox(5) Zergva(5) Kakerlake(5) TribalTrouble(5) godofdeath500(5) Monox D. I-Fly(5) russianspy1234(6) antiaverage(6) Theboss1248(7) dawn to dusk(7) teffy(7) Zso_Zso(7) bripod(7) fabian771(7) FunkyFox(7) dragonsdemesne(8) Naesala(8) ddevans96(8) dragtom(8) rowcla(8) yee(9) Kamietsu(9) OdinVanguard(9) ColorlessGreen(11) eaglgenes101(11) majofa(12) Drake_XIV(13) Higurashi(14) Keolino(14) rob77dp(15) Rutarete(17) Leodip(17) Keeps(18) Chapuz(19) treebeard xiii(20) Jyiber(22) BeefSupreme(27) Blacksmith(27) Marsu(30) zanzarino(42)

Offline zanzarinoTopic starter

• Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 496
  • zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089958#msg1089958
« Reply #132 on: July 31, 2013, 04:35:50 pm »
Hey Zanz, what about a place where we can write who submitted a deck when doing so? Not expecting any in game mention of course, but it would be cool to have a thread in the forum when everything is done, and we could see who insipired which deck.  Can we maybe just add [submitted by X] to the lore?

/e: I might have made a mistake, but when I wanted to submit a deck with a name that already existed just now, the progress of 'leveling it down' (because 100 HP / no boni decks start with a way too high level) was lost, and that's quite some work. Maybe there's something that can be changed there.

I do not plan to add a "submitted by X". Maybe we can have a list with deck names and creators on the forum, but I am going to let the forum admins decide if they want this and what is the best way to do it. It would also be useful with the name picking, as of today 215 NPC's have been submitted and some common names are not available anymore.

• Lead Developer
  • zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089959#msg1089959
« Reply #133 on: July 31, 2013, 04:39:40 pm »
Awesome stuff, though there's one thing I'm wondering: everyone would love to have their own rare elite npc called after their own username, before everyone starts thinking up their own npc I have to ask whether they're seriously considered or dismissed by default?

Couldn't help myself from making one of my own :P

Usernames are not automatically dismissed because there are just too many usernames in the game, but I would avoid that, your arena deck will also probably wonder on the map with your username on it.

Offline Keeps

• Reputation Power: 9
  • Keeps is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089963#msg1089963
« Reply #134 on: July 31, 2013, 05:17:39 pm »
Zanz,
Bugs,
I haven't been able to properly test a chromatic mark deck, I've submitted several based on the theory behind the deck figuring they will work as designed, but I've stayed away from some other decks that are a bit trickier without being able to test them properly.

Question about the AI,
How much work would it be to do something like setting a deck's priorities and wait to cast until lists so when making an NPC (or for that matter Arena).  The number and types of decks that can be built are significantly limited without something like this.  For example, previously unknown combos or strategies could be setup this way without you doing more than having to program the frame work.

Questions about the Map,
Are you going to have random NPC encounters and staged encounters?  I didn't know. I've been building a mix of NPCs around both ideas?
Are you going to have specific quests in the map or (perhaps badges in kong for the kong users to these)?
Are there going to be a sidebar or deck switch options between encounters or quests?

Offline Newbiecake

• Reputation Power: 15
  • Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Newbiecake is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Pursuing.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerFG Deck-Designer - Adaptation
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089972#msg1089972
« Reply #135 on: July 31, 2013, 06:08:12 pm »
Hey Zanz,

With the addition of the Mark of Chroma, how do you feel about reworking some of the FGs? For example, if I had the Mark of Chroma to work with when Lionheart was being made, he wouldn't be the "easiest" FG everyone claims him to be cause he decks himself out all the time when he gets a few Anubis out and has an excess of  :aether to start Quinting everything.

Also, an unclear area is when you said FGs will be classified under the higher level NPC decks. Does this mean the new high level NPC decks will yield upgraded card spins as well?
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 06:10:35 pm by Newbiecake »
Tasted the world, seen more than enough.

Offline Leodip

• Reputation Power: 11
  • Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.Leodip is taking their first peeks out of the Antlion's burrow.
  • Go home Homura, you're drunk.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089973#msg1089973
« Reply #136 on: July 31, 2013, 06:12:22 pm »
Hey Zanz,

With the addition of the Mark of Chroma, how do you feel about reworking some of the FGs? For example, if I had the Mark of Chroma to work with when Lionheart was being made, he wouldn't be the "easiest" FG everyone claims him to be cause he decks himself out all the time when he gets a few Anubis out and has an excess of  :aether to start Quinting everything.

Also, an unclear area is when you said FGs will be classified under the higher level NPC decks. Does this mean the new high level NPC decks will yield upgraded card spins as well?
I asked about the last point, but no one cared.
I mean, how do you define a deck is able to drop or not ups?

Offline Tiko

• Reputation Power: 16
  • Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Tiko is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Blessed is the mind too small for doubts..
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCreator of Architon, False God of the RenaissanceSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake4th Trials - Master of WaterWeekly Tournament WinnerWinner of the Song of the Elders CompWinner of the Mythology Card Comp
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089976#msg1089976
« Reply #137 on: July 31, 2013, 06:31:29 pm »
Aw, just when I wanted to praise the elegant simplicity of the new Other symbol, it gets changed. Oh well.

I'm exceptionally hyped about this upcoming patch, because I'll finally get the very first portion of what I was always just daydreaming about: some real Lore from the World of Elements!

I'm also a bit sad, because whenever I try to submit an NPC, I always get confused on how well the character will fit into the game's universe. The only enemies present with their own 'personalities' are False Gods (and their name suggest some immensely powerful beings compared to 'regular' elementals) and Elders (and even that implies an elemental of some sort of high rank). It would be nice to have something to work in relation to, like some (basic) NPCs that are already finalized, or the map you mentioned several times; I'm really curious about that one :]

Anyway, great to have you around again, Zanz.
:water   "..It is in this domain that the living suffer great extremes, it is here that the water-failures, driven to desperation, make start in a new element.
It is here that strange compromises are made and new senses are born."

Offline teffy

• Reputation Power: 20
  • teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.teffy is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
  • May the oracle be with you
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 14th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 2nd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089977#msg1089977
« Reply #138 on: July 31, 2013, 06:40:14 pm »
Has anyone submitted the decks of the former AI3 ?
I`m teffy, here - and Ringat on Kongregate

• Lead Developer
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089979#msg1089979
« Reply #139 on: July 31, 2013, 06:51:27 pm »
The reward is going to be based on the NPC level, I'll have to refine the number of spins etc. later.

The electrum reward is probably going to be
Reward = 1 + NPClevel*2
Triple the reward if elite, double if EM. Master an elite to get X6.
This is pretty much what the arena settled upon: level 10 will give 21  :electrum, level 50 101  :electrum

The money you lose if defeated should be reward/2 (lose to a level 10 = get poached for 10  :electrum)
Hardcore mode could be something to experiment with: if you lose, you lose one of the cards in your deck. (Please refrain from freaking about about nypmhs yet; there are solutions and we will get there if this is something worth exploring. E.g. your card turns into a broken card if rare, and can be fixed by paying an adequate (read expensive) amount of  :electrum)

The spin reward will probably be something like
level 0-10: 1 spin
level 10-20: 2 spins
level 20-30: 3 spins (as in current level 3)
level 30-40: 5 spins
level 40-50: 1 upped spin
level 50-60: 2 upped spins
level 60-70: 3 upped spins (as in current FG)
level 70-80: 4 upped spins
level 80-90: 5 upped spins
level 90 and above: 5 upped spins + 1 special spin for rares

All of the above to be reviewed, balanced, reviewed again, then fine tuned, polished and released in the game.

• Lead Developer
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089980#msg1089980
« Reply #140 on: July 31, 2013, 06:55:03 pm »
Has anyone submitted the decks of the former AI3 ?

I do not think so but if someone wants to take the task that would be wonderful, if you do, please give them a new fitting name and add a L2, L3 or FG so that I know who they are.

E.g.
Akebono FG
or Witch Doctor L2

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089986#msg1089986
« Reply #141 on: July 31, 2013, 07:30:14 pm »
Just out of curiosity, did Higs' power to create reward codes ever get fixed?  She was saying she couldn't access the server since the move (like trainer/spectate for everyone as well, unless that's been corrected)

edit: Just checked, seems trainer is fine, but spectate still doesn't work.

Offline Jyiber

• Reputation Power: 0
  • Jyiber hides under a Cloak.
  • a.k.a Jyi (Now w/o medication!!!)
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089988#msg1089988
« Reply #142 on: July 31, 2013, 07:38:53 pm »
One instance where I want the AI to behave differently is in a earth/light duo I've been working on. I won't submit it though, because the AI won't distribute Blessings among Iridium Wardens. The AI does as it always has and dumps them all in one creature.

It might be alot of work, but maybe someday down the road develop a tactical AI? As opposed to what I would call your rush AI. It would open up variation in enemies, because this AI limits strategies that can be built. I'd like to see a AI that favors defense over offense.
<^> Curiosity killed the cat. Now what if I told you Curiosity was the name of my dog?
<^> All things must come to an end. The things that you loved, and things you hate, but much more pressingly, the timer to the bomb that's in the room with us.

Offline Gandora

• Reputation Power: 18
  • Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.Gandora is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089989#msg1089989
« Reply #143 on: July 31, 2013, 07:43:15 pm »
Since we're already talking about casting spells and stuff.
One thing I'd like to have for the AI is that it uses adrenaline on the sweet spots of creatures, not those that attack the most with it.
So Frog > Rustler e.g., Archangel > RoL and so on :)
Who likes poems? :) Here are mine.

anything
blarg: