*Author

Active members:
Vineroz(1) Hawkeye0440(1) calindu(1) Atom_heart(1) BloodlinE(1) moehrpi(1) kvothe1990(1) nireus(1) Terroking(1) DANIEELA(1) Helston(1) nelde59(1) Kuroaitou(1) Shantu(1) Tiko(1) dracomageat(1) Onizuka(1) mesaprotector(1) justaburd(1) Pyrodinium(1) WexMajor(1) AngelSpirit(1) PlayerOa(1) KSmash(1) The Chosen One(1) Turlututu(1) benshi03(1) courgi(1) kaempfer13(1) Daguerreo(1) smallanimal(1) shileka(1) TheManuz(1) willng3(1) The_Mormegil(1) brgst13(1) FIQ(1) jsrjohnny(1) farscape(1) coinich(1) Krzysiekxd(1) Squidymon(1) furballdn(1) Odii Odsen(1) Jangoo(1) Haruko(1) Jaydos99(1) ButtercupSaiyan(1) Rastafla(1) ishner(1) hypnotank(1) MasN(1) skyironsword(1) Aneninen(1) Avenger(1) jahaswel(1) Tempestfury(1) hickit(1) seulintse(1) Regulus(1) iDaire(1) ssingeitus(1) d1puffpuff(1) dworthy(1) VegeForsaken(1) ZephyrPhantom(1) Smaug(1) Ginyu(1) Spielkind(1) Shinki12345(1) DaveA(1) MasterofPun(1) js-number(1) inthisroom(1) worldwideweb3(1) Vangelios(1) aaronk474(1) The Spartan(1) danil(1) Sqantic Pilau(1) flyingcat(1) trashduke(1) CleanOnion(1) Espithel(1) Waterloo7(1) Caffre(1) Trois(1) Wyand(1) laxnut90(1) snapecot(1) MasterWalks(1) choongmyoung(1) Zyardran(1) fbparis(1) chrispybacon84(1) Luminous(2) RavingRabbid(2) Belligerence(2) Dm1321(2) moomoose(2) mrpaper(2) Pineapple(2) SnoWeb(2) Anarook(2) G_Girl34(2) qwerter(2) jarozaoz(2) Wolfunit(2) vindices(2) xyan(2) Pella(2) Essence(2) storyteller(2) asymmetry(2) hongkong(2) Laxadarap(2) Zawadx(2) eljoemo(2) Snopel(2) haidao0923(2) TobiMcNamobi(2) estava(2) Narabo(2) ginandtonic(2) UTAlan(2) Gunthar(2) Phaser(2) foxrain4(2) Barragor(2) Falconian(2) Treldon(2) MaxG-(2) Manuel(2) godisnowonline(2) Linkcat(2) Junkers(2) artimies7(3) Atico(3) suxerz(3) Dragoon(3) Raptor6789(3) ioiui(3) Submachine(3) EmeraldTiger(3) Mathematistic(3) nerd1(3) J6U(3) iancudorinmarian(3) maxy123(3) Frozengaia(3) StreptoFire(3) CactusKing(3) omegareaper7(4) Annele(4) ggabriel2(4) THEACCUSO(4) vrt(4) CuCN(4) Shrink(4) TheonlyrealBeef(4) jacker(4) serprex(4) BluePriest(4) andretimpa(4) AD TienzuStorm(4) InsignificantWeeaboo(4) Acsabi44(5) Noobiecakes(5) Fippe94(5) Gandora(5) Nox(5) Zergva(5) Kakerlake(5) TribalTrouble(5) godofdeath500(5) Monox D. I-Fly(5) russianspy1234(6) antiaverage(6) Theboss1248(7) dawn to dusk(7) teffy(7) Zso_Zso(7) bripod(7) fabian771(7) FunkyFox(7) dragonsdemesne(8) Naesala(8) ddevans96(8) dragtom(8) rowcla(8) yee(9) Kamietsu(9) OdinVanguard(9) ColorlessGreen(11) eaglgenes101(11) majofa(12) Drake_XIV(13) Higurashi(14) Keolino(14) rob77dp(15) Rutarete(17) Leodip(17) Keeps(18) Chapuz(19) treebeard xiii(20) Jyiber(22) BeefSupreme(27) Blacksmith(27) Marsu(30) zanzarino(42)

Offline zanzarinoTopic starter

• Lead Developer
  • Reputation Power: 496
  • zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.zanzarino is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them
Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089476#msg1089476
« on: July 29, 2013, 06:06:57 am »
In Elements 1.4 I intend to get rid of the old level 0,1,2,3... grind and replace it with a map populated with a wide variety of enemies and, eventually, quests. It will take a while and I will need some help so I am going to divide the task in several phases where the community can participate.

Phase 1: The bestiary
To populate a map I'll need NPC's, create and submit your NPC here:
http://www.elementsthegame.com/bestiary.html
The beta version of something that we can use to create NPC's, they will vary in level between 0 and 120. In the interface you get to pick an image, a name, a description, a deck and some stats for the NPC that you would like to see in the game.
Soon we will also be able to test the current NPC and give them thumbs up or down.

Phase 2: Test the new NPC's
A *very* beta 1.4 is now in the trainer so that we can start testing the new NPC's.
The database is going to start a coarse tuning of the NPC level based on won/lost ratios, please try to be fair, refrain from rating your own deck and try not to use the trainer quanta boost while testing those new decks.

Phase 3: Create a World
In progress:
http://www.elementsthegame.com/development.html

FAQ:
Can we have something faster to set HP?
Just type whatever number you like where is says hp:____ just underneath the HP bar.

Does this replace arena?
Even though i recycled the arena interface to save time, this has nothing to do with the arena and nothing will change with the arena; but I would like to see the your arena decks wondering on the map in a level appropriate zone.

900 hp, isn't that too much?
The NPC creator is just a sandbox tool, it is not part of the game, we are going to need all kind of NPC's, from level 0 critters with 5 HP that give next to nothing as a reward to rare-elite NPC that are hard to find and very hard to kill.
If a "pinata" NPC with 900hp and no defenses is fun to hit with huge numbers... why not add it to the game? That is why I removed most restrictions.

What is going to happen to the old AI0,1,2,3,4 and FG?
They can all stay and find a new home on the map, they just need a name (if they do not have one yet) and a description, the old FG's can even get their own zones as local bosses, surrounded by smaller minions.
In general I would like to keep:
AI0 like deck in level 0-10 areas
AI1 like deck in level 10-20 areas
AI2 like deck in level 20-30 areas
AI3 like deck in level 30-40 areas
AI4 like deck in level 40-50 areas
FG like decks in level 50-70 areas
Higher level areas will come as well.

How does the level work on the map?
With the map system the players are not going to get a random opponent anymore, they can go to a specific area on the map, say, for instance, an area with level 20"ish" darkness NPC's and adjust their deck to kill efficiently those decks. Elite NPC will also randomly appear and will be much harder to kill, but will give better rewards (of course). The map is also going to allow events, maybe next week an invasion of rustlers following the lead of a leaf dragon boss, maybe with a quest asking you to save the world of Elements from their leafy menace.

How about the kongregate badges?
The old AI's will still be around in some form, badges will be adjusted accordingly.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 06:46:14 am by zanzarino »

Offline dragonsdemesne

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 63
  • dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!dragonsdemesne shines with the light of the Morning Glory!
  • Leeeeeeeeeeroyyyyyyyyy....
  • Awards: Weekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 1/2014 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 3/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerBattle League 2/2013 WinnerBattle League 1/2013 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 3/2012 2nd PlaceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament WinnerChampionship League 2/2012 3rd Place
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089477#msg1089477
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 06:07:33 am »
First.

I love you, Zanz :)  Glad to see you're still around and active!  Looking forward to your new additions.

Offline Rutarete

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 72
  • Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.Rutarete frolics as one of the Phase Dragons, timeless and superior, gargantuan beasts of peerless wisdom.
  • Creativity should be nurtured.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeRuby Shard of DeckbuildingSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089478#msg1089478
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 06:09:13 am »
WOOOOOHOOOOOO!
This should renew my interest :D

Edit: It seems that max hp is 900 while the bar is labeled 1000
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 06:13:36 am by Rutarete »
It is the greatest mystery of all...
Rutarete: Roo tah reh teh
[22:50] <Jyi> meaning gets lost in translation... even in the same language.
My Decks

Offline BeefSupreme

• Reputation Power: 16
  • BeefSupreme is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.BeefSupreme is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.BeefSupreme is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • just a lost soul swimming in a fishbowl
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089479#msg1089479
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 06:11:17 am »
YAY ELEMENTS 1.4 :D
And I'll get to help out :)
Team :air War 7
“Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.” - Mark Twain

Offline Drake_XIV

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 91
  • Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.Drake_XIV is a mythical and divine giver of immortality, one of the Turquoise Nymphs.
  • Powerful Harmony
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSummer and Winter Competition WinnerSlice of Elements 4th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 3rd Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089480#msg1089480
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 06:17:06 am »
* Drake_XIV spasms uncontrollably at latest update.

Offline Vineroz

• Chat Moderator
  • Reputation Power: 26
  • Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.Vineroz is a proud Wyrm taking wing for the first time.
  • Awards: Deckbuilding Competition - Simulated ViolenceWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Tournament Winner
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089483#msg1089483
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 06:27:24 am »
So the idea now is just to replace the AI levels with more variations in difficulties, but not as much as the arena?
TIME is around us. It flows silently, trying to take everything away from us.
PvP Tournament Organizer (2012 Sep - 2013 Oct, 2016 Nov - 2017 Aug) | Chat Mod (2016 Nov - )  :time

Offline omegareaper7

• Reputation Power: 21
  • omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.omegareaper7 is a Mummy waiting to discover the path to glory.
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089485#msg1089485
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2013, 06:30:30 am »
I feel greedy for saying this, but I can't be the only one hoping for new cards as well, right?

Regardless though, this update sounds like some fun! Look forward to it!
Youtube.com/user/thefatcatsofray New youtube channel for videos of sorts.
Each and every imagination of the human mind is a possibility in the physical reality. - William D. Catherine
"We will either find a way, or make one!" Hannibal

Offline Theboss1248

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Theboss1248 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089486#msg1089486
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2013, 06:34:12 am »
I feel greedy for saying this, but I can't be the only one hoping for new cards as well, right?

Regardless though, this update sounds like some fun! Look forward to it!

I'm sure with a larger patch as this is we may be in for a few new cards.

Offline dawn to dusk

• Master of Light
  • Reputation Power: 53
  • dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.dawn to dusk brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: 14th Trials - Master of LightSlice of Elements 11th Birthday Cake13th Trials - Master of LightWar #12 - Sportsmanship AwardSlice of Elements 10th Birthday CakeCard Design Competition - The Fool Winner12th Trials - Master of LightDeckbuilding Competition - Elelections WinnerSlice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeWeekly Tournament WinnerWeekly Design July 2015 - Bronze9th Trials - Master of LifeWeekly Tournament WinnerSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeWar #8 - Sportsmanship Award8th Trials - Master of LifeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089487#msg1089487
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2013, 06:35:02 am »
I read elements 1.4 by Zanzarino and I freak. :D keep up the good job

Offline Hawkeye0440

• Reputation Power: 1
  • Hawkeye0440 is a Spark waiting for a buff.
  • New to Elements
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089488#msg1089488
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2013, 06:37:55 am »
Erhmagerd. I can't wait. You may not do it often, but quality over quanity.  ;)

Offline Naesala

• Legendary Member
  • Reputation Power: 52
  • Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.Naesala brings all the vitality and activity of a Life Nymph.
  • Awards: Slice of Elements 7th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 6th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 5th Birthday CakeSlice of Elements 4th Birthday Cake
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089490#msg1089490
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2013, 06:38:30 am »
Yaaaaay update
Your favorite Hotyugh

Offline BeefSupreme

• Reputation Power: 16
  • BeefSupreme is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.BeefSupreme is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.BeefSupreme is a Blue Crawler starting to think about his first run.
  • just a lost soul swimming in a fishbowl
Re: Elements 1.4 https://elementscommunity.org/forum/index.php?topic=50550.msg1089491#msg1089491
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2013, 06:46:36 am »
In Elements 1.4 . . . I am going to divide the task in several phases where the community can participate.
I would assume there will be new cards in time.
Team :air War 7
“Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody.” - Mark Twain

blarg: